Sigurd's Descendants: The Art Of Dragon Slaying.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » Sigurd's Descendants: The Art of Dragon Slaying.
Sigurd's Descendants: The Art of Dragon Slaying.
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15 ... 110 111 112
 Asura.Highwynn
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Highwynd
By Asura.Highwynn 2015-02-27 13:18:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Too lazy to check upper cap of healing breath but after i got 8/8/10 breath augs on body hands and cape, my HB does 1888 at like 5% hp. I had 1 merit in deep breathing for emergencies(back when hb was around 900-1200 and needed a full heal) guess i'll do 5/5 empathy now or 1/5 strafe. My ele breaths doing 722.
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2015-02-27 13:24:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I was trying to do some HB testing, using the usually abyssea+cancel Cruor HP buff method.. But it cures so much it caps the hp difference, so I can't test very well.. -_-

Personally, I did 5/5 empathy. Getting my wyvern bonus up to full potency in one spirit link has priority.
 Asura.Highwynn
By Asura.Highwynn 2015-02-27 13:29:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Smiting was Deep Breathing, for funsies.
Restoring was no DB.
 Asura.Highwynn
By Asura.Highwynn 2015-02-27 13:35:28
Link | Quote | Reply

If they give us Elemental Breath II's as our next gift, it would actually be quite a substantial damage boost to our DPS. A year ago my breaths were doing ~350-400 on content, now they're doing 720+ with job points, strafe, etc. If they raise base damage of base with Elemental Breath II's to like 1kish, an extra 1k to our WS would be amazeballs.
 Asura.Highwynn
By Asura.Highwynn 2015-02-27 22:29:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I think I take DRG a bit too seriously, still though, nearly 800 damage breaths after every WS, get that m.acc!

This is with Breath+8 body/hands, Breath+9 cape, Breath+6 feet. I need an Acro Breeches to get a leg slot, and need to aug feet with +2 more breath, cape is never gonna get +10, not worth trying.

Maybe after I get legs+8 and feet+8, I can break 900. It should be possible. Before I got feet+8, I was doing 776, so +8 added about 60ish.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2015-02-27 23:15:09
Link | Quote | Reply

The pet:MACC is a good idea.

I'm at 7/7/7/7/8. Unfortunately, the supply of leaforb stones of any quality seems to have dried up on my server. <,<;
 Asura.Highwynn
By Asura.Highwynn 2015-02-28 12:32:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Got 24-25 m.acc on all 4 pieces with snoworb+1; might get up to 30 with +2 stones but i dont have gil for that. +100ish m.acc on top of gifts and them giving us strafe(which they claim is ~100macc) plus whatever bonus Dragoon's Earring grants(Tanaka era, probably +3 or something unnoticable) should almost guarantee fully landed breaths after each ws(assuming the gs works) and if at full wyvern hp, would guarantee 800-900 extra damage per ws.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2015-02-28 12:35:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm a little curious, but why would you make an entire set for wyvern breath? It's bad enough to make 3-4 sets of Arco already... where do you people get the 200 inventory to do this...
 Asura.Highwynn
By Asura.Highwynn 2015-02-28 12:41:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Because considering i ws pretty often with AM3 up, the wyvern breath adds up. You can think of it as pet damage but i consider the wyvern breath to simply be an extra step in my total ws damwge calculation--that is, my wyvern adds 800-900 damage to my weapon skills. To that end, why not tey to maximize it. If adding breath gear increase its breath from 600-800, thats an extra 200 damage acter my stardiver that wasnt't there before. Any SAM or THF would gladly strive for an extra piece of gear that adds 200 damage to their ws.

Even with the set i'm still 70/80. All of my pdt/mdt things are in my wardrobe so they can be accessed at any time by any job. My melee version of acro allowed me to nix all my Xaddi gear and some of my WS pieces. Drg isn't very inventory intensive. Melee set(AM3 up is like 3-4 additional slots), a few jump items, ws gear(some of which are tp gear), things like ws rings/backs/belts/ammo/angons are in wardrobe. I even have room for fc pieces and +hp pieces in my inventory for /mage. Like i said, drg is not a gear intensive job. Since most of my acro set has 20 acc aug on it, i tossed my karmesin body, and most of my acc armor.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2015-02-28 12:42:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I get that, if you ONLY play DRG, but where is your 30 pieces of Taeon, your 60 pieces of Helios.
[+]
 Asura.Highwynn
By Asura.Highwynn 2015-02-28 14:47:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Max Healing Breath, 0% Wyvern TP. Went out with 2500 HP, got down to <100 and popped Healing Breath(locked gear on).

Switch +Wyvern HP pieces with +Breath Acro set, double thrusted a mob:

I still only have 9 on updraft and +7 on legs/feet. So that's +3 I'm missing out on. I'm confident if I can get capped on those, I'll be able to break 900.

Instant 2k HP cure for 0-3MP...I for one welcome our new DRG healer overlords. Don't even need WHM for CP parties, just bring 5DRG/RDMs and a BRD.
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2015-02-28 15:00:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Highwynn said: »
Don't even need WHM for CP parties, just bring 5DRG/RDMs and a BRD.
No Corsair's Roll? Disgusting.
 Asura.Highwynn
By Asura.Highwynn 2015-02-28 15:25:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Considering each DRG can solo their own mob in a few seconds, the COR would slow dps down! XD
By Tyrael 2015-03-01 01:49:20
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Sylph.Ticu
Server: Sylph
user: ticu
By Sylph.Ticu 2015-03-01 10:53:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Martel,

Can you post your lua? I can't find one with an after weaponskill breath set.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2015-03-01 15:07:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Ticu said: »
Martel,

Can you post your lua? I can't find one with an after weaponskill breath set.
There was a link to some breath code posted a page ago.
Asura.Highwynn said: »
Max Healing Breath, 0% Wyvern TP. Went out with 2500 HP, got down to <100 and popped Healing Breath(locked gear on).

Switch +Wyvern HP pieces with +Breath Acro set, double thrusted a mob:

I still only have 9 on updraft and +7 on legs/feet. So that's +3 I'm missing out on. I'm confident if I can get capped on those, I'll be able to break 900.
For the elemental breath... Did you spirit link to lvl wyvern up, After you locked gear in?

My set is at 7/7/8/8/10 breath augs(and 10/10 jp.) But I'm only getting 856 breaths. Although, when I first tested, I did what I asked about above, and got a 896. Then I was really confused for a bit when I couldn't get that value again after unlocking gear.
 Asura.Highwynn
By Asura.Highwynn 2015-03-01 16:33:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I spirit linked and then locked in gear but just now realized the 100 HP from Updraft is probably being added in due to the Regen.
 Valefor.Philemon
Server: Valefor
user: detlef
By Valefor.Philemon 2015-03-04 04:49:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey so reading this thread, what is the benefit of stacking enough STP to be able to generate 250 TP per hit when your WS set only generates a fraction of that? Am I missing something obvious?
 Odin.Shaggnix
user: shagg
By Odin.Shaggnix 2015-03-04 07:04:49
Link | Quote | Reply

stardiver is a 4 hit WS + any DA procs. with olyndicus you need 71 stp to get 249 tp/hit, then 56 in your WS set to get 227 from the first hit and 15/ea from at least 2 more hits on your WS, getting you 257 total from ws and putting you into 4 hit territory. Whether or not its a dps increase ..... I'm very curious for someone to figure out lol. Even if 4 hitting isn't worth it, additional tp beyond 5hit requirements will only make your stardivers stronger.
 Valefor.Philemon
user: detlef
By Valefor.Philemon 2015-03-04 12:19:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh this is for Olyndicus... I just assumed 492 delay polearm all the time.
 Odin.Shaggnix
user: shagg
By Odin.Shaggnix 2015-03-04 13:04:40
Link | Quote | Reply

for a 492 delay:

TP set - 80 STP = 250 tp/hit
WS set - 60 STP (assumes 3 hits) = 251 tp return

the Acro set with full STP aug gets you 41 stp but leaves you 3 haste short of the gear haste cap, forcing you either into a cetl belt or to use your leaf slot on one of your acro pieces for haste instead of STP. However, assuming you're /sam, you get 20% ja haste and 22% gear haste, leaving you 38% short of the cap. Haste 2 is 30%. with capped gear haste you'd be at 75%, and with just the 22% you fall to 72%. either way you need a march to cap unless your catching someones else's haste samba.

Either way though, these cases tend end with "its not worth it, too many gear sacrifices to hit the STP requirements, better off gearing for multi attack with a higher xhit". odds are you'd end up using goading instead of cetl anyway because you just need so much STP, yet another dps sacrifice to attain the 4hit.
 Valefor.Ophannus
user: Ophannus
By Valefor.Ophannus 2015-03-05 15:02:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I was able to solo the Respite Cloak NM with Trusts but let me tell you, it was not fun. Needed /BLU and during HF I had to spam healing breaths/PDT. You need good acc to hit, and it took about 10min even with Ryuno. Obv no drop.
 Asura.Highwynn
By Asura.Highwynn 2015-03-08 16:34:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I wonder if they intend on adding job point abilities or weapon skills for jobs that don't have magic. Camlann's is an upgraded Wheeling, drakesbane is an upgaded Skewer, Stardiver is an upgraded Penta Thrust, maybe some 2ht ws that would be an upgrade of Impulse Drive(huge ftp on first hit scaling with TP; would be better those zergs when you jump and instantly get 3000tp; also WSD% gear would make a good impact with high ftp).
 Asura.Highwynn
By Asura.Highwynn 2015-03-18 12:35:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Just finished a perfect post-WS/Smiting breath, breath set. Augmenting acro for breath was extremely cheap(20k for Leaforb+2 and about the same for Snoworb+2). I had TWO updrafts, one with WSD+4 and a second one with Breath+9 cape until 2sec ago. I spent my last 200k on a Refractive Crystal because I was like F-it why not? And bam! WSD+5% and Breath+10 on the same cape aka inventory+1.

Here are my results, as expected, I was able to break 900 with a standard post-WS breath using no wyvern HP gear just level 5 parameter boost, 119 weapon and these pieces(not shown:ptero armet+1, glassblower belt, lancer torque)

900 damage after every WS on 119-128 content is gonna be hot.

P.S I'm 1macc off from +25 on feet, ughhhh I want that +100 m.acc total from 4/4 acro ><
By ClaudeusXI 2015-03-24 07:39:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't seen this touched upon, but can Olyndicus with max dmg aug in any way beat Ryunohige? Will Ryunohige still be best in largely all situations?
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2015-03-24 07:52:50
Link | Quote | Reply

ClaudeusXI said: »
I haven't seen this touched upon, but can Olyndicus with max dmg aug in any way beat Ryunohige? Will Ryunohige still be best in largely all situations?
The reason you haven't seen it discussed is cause Olyndicus doesn't even come close even with perfect augs.

For Olyndicus to beat AM3 up Ryu via DMG, it'd have to have about 450 DMG.

As long as you can reasonably maintain AM3, Ryu is best.

I gotta admit though, in things like wanted fights AM3 maintenance is a pain in the ***... Since for some reason it wipes AM3 after every fight. Also resets wyvern parameter bonus too. And on fights so short spirit link recast isn't even ready every fight, that's pretty annoying. /rant
 Asura.Highwynn
By Asura.Highwynn 2015-03-28 09:15:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Personally I keep a 300+ DMG Olyndicus for fights that I know will last <2 minutes where I know the first 30-40 seconds I'll probably be spending getting 300%. Wanted fights, and REM tale chapters 1-5 which last about 90 seconds. Starting from 0% TP with only haste I and no songs and using both Jumps, sometimres takes a while to get 3000 TP, and in wanted fights you don't always have brds(though should be better now that you can summon trusts...)
 Odin.Rendra
user: Rendra
By Odin.Rendra 2015-04-01 02:58:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Any gear sets with the new emp set? I haven't done the new skirmish yet. was out for a couple of months. *looking at Martel*
[+]
 Asura.Highwynn
By Asura.Highwynn 2015-04-01 06:57:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Body, legs, feet. Hands potentially too if you have enough stp elsewhere, that DA is wonderful.
[+]
 Asura.Highwynn
By Asura.Highwynn 2015-04-01 07:01:27
Link | Quote | Reply

The body had potential to be our best ws body but they dropped the ball by giving it less str than pteroslaver. Odd enough considering it had better str/dex originally, yet it didnt scale up enough to surpass it even at 119. So acro surcoat with str+ augment will be the best stardiver body for some time. Can drop the stp augment on it in favor of double attack now that we have af3.
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15 ... 110 111 112