U.S. Climate Has Already Changed, Study Finds

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » U.S. Climate Has Already Changed, Study Finds
U.S. Climate Has Already Changed, Study Finds
First Page 2 3 ... 22 23 24 ... 44 45 46
By Jetackuu 2014-05-13 15:00:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Most people forget that the nation didn't start with the constitution, and that the whole decentralized federal government thing didn't work out so well.

Especially those who aren't educated.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-05-13 15:01:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Altimaomega said: »
Bismarck.Ihina said: »
Yeah first day you'll get 2-3 million, then 7 million, then maybe 125 million the third day.

The largest march in US history was for women's right and it turned out 800-1.1 million people.

Thats the point. they are saying 10mil. IF I hear of 2mil OTW, you bet your *** im getting in my Jeep and heading that way. Its not gonna be some cute little protest.

But yea if 5-6k people show up ill be surprised ><

So you're only going to show up when a protest is in full swing? That alone shows how dedicated you are to your own cause. Apparently Obama is literally Stalin but *** it, I don't need to do anything until other people have.

How contrary to your own political leanings.
[+]

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Ihina
Server: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2014-05-13 15:02:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
FFS people I should not have to make a essay long post referencing the revolution just to make a comment. Lighten the *** up.

Maybe you should be a tad more accurate with your post.

We didn't exactly march over to England either. There's an ocean in the way.
[+]
By Altimaomega 2014-05-13 15:03:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I think they was made in the same context.

Well then you're up there, especially considering how other people on your side answered it without feeling such sentiment.

Sentiment is for the weak and breeds sheep for followers.

What 'how other people on your side answered it without feeling such sentiment.' means is that other people on your side have answered the question without thinking there's some kind of baggage that comes along with it.

Do you know what 'baggage' means? I don't mean actual luggage.

The people on your side do the same exact thing, this tread has gone in circle's 3 maybe 4 times. The main problem is technology is fueling our boredom. Because it sure as hell doesn't affect our point of view.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-05-13 15:03:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Centralized government came to be in the U.S. to unite people to ward of the British and their taxes.

The revolution was a tax revolt that led into other issues down the line.

That's why they aimed for a small central government. They knew the dangers of central banking, central government, etc.

That's why initially only silver and gold were to be used and why so many people tried to fight off a central bank for so long.
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2014-05-13 15:05:14
Link | Quote | Reply

The people on your side do the same exact thing, this tread has gone in circle's 3 maybe 4 times. The main problem is technology is fueling our boredom. Because it sure as hell doesn't affect our point of view.

That's the most vague attempt at both-sides, same-thing I've seen in a long time. I'm talking about a specific incident that just recently happened in this thread, so let's stick to that and we'll get to other incidents when we get there.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-05-13 15:07:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Bored unemployed people?
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-05-13 15:07:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Bloodrose said: »
There were various studies that said the ice caps were melting at an alarming rate, and to a degree they were, considering the region. With the global climate in perpetual flux, now there are studies, from many of the same researchers stating that the ice is now forming at an alarming rate.

The general fluctuation (where as we had little knowledge of the ice caps prior) is cause for study. The lack of understanding of the fluctuation is where cause for concern and fear sets in.

Even experts in the field aren't quite sure what it means, but they can only go on currently known hypotheticals, unless something happens that causes a drastic change in thinking about it.

Then they have to formulate a new theory and explanation based off of the data they've collected and analyze it to use in an experiment, if in fact a reasonable experiment can be conducted at a smaller scale.

If it can't be, then they have to use hypothesis, collected data, to show a reasonable explanation as why something is happening.
I just wanted to clarify a key point here and that is the difference between land ice vs sea ice. TL;DR, sea ice is just what the name implies - ice that forms from the freezing of sea water - while land ice is the accumulation and compaction of snow into ice sheets piled atop the Antarctic land mass.

So why is this distinction important? Because sea ice is basically frozen ocean salt water, its melting and freezing has very little impact on sea levels. Land ice, though, is trapped water that has effectively been removed from the hydrologic cycle so when this melts in large quantities it has the potential to effect sea levels as huge amounts of water are being added back into the system.

The trend that deniers like Saeval like to point out is that Antarctic sea ice is increasing, which it is, and yes, it uncertain why that is so. However, land ice is experiencing a net reduction in cover.

Land ice is the larger concern right now and denialists omit the distinction between land and sea ice because any honest discussion of the facts runs contrary to the propaganda they're peddling.
[+]
By Altimaomega 2014-05-13 15:10:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Yeah first day you'll get 2-3 million, then 7 million, then maybe 125 million the third day.

The largest march in US history was for women's right and it turned out 800-1.1 million people.

Thats the point. they are saying 10mil. IF I hear of 2mil OTW, you bet your *** im getting in my Jeep and heading that way. Its not gonna be some cute little protest.

But yea if 5-6k people show up ill be surprised ><

So you're only going to show up when a protest is in full swing? That alone shows how dedicated you are to your own cause. Apparently Obama is literally Stalin but *** it, I don't need to do anything until other people have.

How contrary to your own political leanings.

Eh I only care as much as other people care. I sure as hell didn't vote for the *** that has been going on in Washington. If people wanna rise up and do something about it, I'm in. If not, *** it. I'll hold out on the ole homestead longer than you city folk, if things do get worse.
 Bahamut.Kara
Server: Bahamut
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2014-05-13 15:10:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Well, you can never reason with radicals, so everything is moot at this point anyway.

Speaking of radicals, a segment of the right wing is organizing a march on washington to demand their country back and they claim to be drawing 10 million people, possibly up to 30 million people.

Are you going to march with them?
back from what?

Do you live in a hole?
debatable, but I hear this argument quite often, yet nobody really can answer it.

I mean did the british take back their colony or something? Are we a colony of our Hat or butt? Did Red Dawn happen?

It's empty HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE rhetoric that only ignorant fools buy into.

It could be, but what if 2-3mil people headed to Washington the day before. Do you think the number would get even bigger the next day? Could 10mil people in Washington make a difference?

Wouldn't it be awesome if 10mil people went to Washington tossed out congress and the president and we started over?

Sure it sounds HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE but hey it kinda happened before in 1775-1776.

And you think the US has problems now?

Because a revolution makes everything better....right away. Just look at recent places that had revolutions.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-05-13 15:11:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Opposite Behaviors? Arctic Sea Ice Shrinks, Antarctic Grows
[+]
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2014-05-13 15:14:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Eh I only care as much as other people care. I sure as hell didn't vote for the *** that has been going on in Washington. If people wanna rise up and do something about it, I'm in. If not, *** it. I'll hold out on the ole homestead longer than you city folk, if things do get worse.

Out of curiosity, what do you think is happening in Washington?
By Altimaomega 2014-05-13 15:16:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Kara said: »
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Well, you can never reason with radicals, so everything is moot at this point anyway.

Speaking of radicals, a segment of the right wing is organizing a march on washington to demand their country back and they claim to be drawing 10 million people, possibly up to 30 million people.

Are you going to march with them?
back from what?

Do you live in a hole?
debatable, but I hear this argument quite often, yet nobody really can answer it.

I mean did the british take back their colony or something? Are we a colony of our Hat or butt? Did Red Dawn happen?

It's empty HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE rhetoric that only ignorant fools buy into.

It could be, but what if 2-3mil people headed to Washington the day before. Do you think the number would get even bigger the next day? Could 10mil people in Washington make a difference?

Wouldn't it be awesome if 10mil people went to Washington tossed out congress and the president and we started over?

Sure it sounds HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE but hey it kinda happened before in 1775-1776.

And you think the US has problems now?

Because a revolution makes everything better....right away. Just look at recent places that had revolutions.

Because electing the same two party's over and over makes things better? Revolutions are not meant to make things better for you, they are meant to make things better for your children and grandchildren.
By Altimaomega 2014-05-13 15:17:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Out of curiosity, what do you think is happening in Washington?

Do you read or watch news other than MSNBC CNN CBS or FOX?
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2014-05-13 15:18:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Because electing the same two party's over and over makes things better? Revolutions are not meant to make things better for you, they are meant to make things better for your children and grandchildren.

How appropriate, given that this is a thread supposedly for AGW.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2014-05-13 15:19:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, considering how I don't read/watch news for any of those sources.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-05-13 15:24:00
Link | Quote | Reply

So you're just another rank 'n file follower. Good to know the sheep are calling other people sheep and your bluster is nothing less than regurgitated factoids with nary a backbone behind any of it.

Wonderful to hear this straight from the source.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-05-13 15:26:40
Link | Quote | Reply

A thread about climate change has turned into talk about overthrowing the government with a revolution. Interesting, indeed.
By Altimaomega 2014-05-13 15:30:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »

So you're just another rank 'n file follower. Good to know the sheep are calling other people sheep and your bluster is nothing less than regurgitated factoids with nary a backbone behind any of it.

Wonderful to hear this straight from the source.

Its more to do with a 5yr old and a 3yr old that are currently my main priority, no sense going on out suicide missions... ATM

Its interesting how quickly you judge someone who, (unless you have been being sarcastic this entire thread, and others) sounds more alike than different.
By Altimaomega 2014-05-13 15:31:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
A thread about climate change has turned into talk about overthrowing the government with a revolution. Interesting, indeed.

And we didn't even have to give it a nudge!

Edit: okay maybe a little tiny one..
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-05-13 15:32:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »

All apart of the plan to get Al Gore promoted to president for life.
[+]
By Altimaomega 2014-05-13 15:33:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, considering how I don't read/watch news for any of those sources.

I am highly interested how you get your news, I am being totally sincere in my interest and not trying to troll you. Seriously.
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
user: Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-05-13 15:33:47
Link | Quote | Reply

You mean the Supreme Grand Pubah of the Environment.

And Carbon Credits.
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
user: Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-05-13 15:34:28
Link | Quote | Reply

He's seriously serious, guys. Just one step away from being...

SUPER CEREAL!
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2014-05-13 15:35:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I am highly interested how you get your news, I am being totally sincere in my interest and not trying to troll you. Seriously.

And I will have that conversation with you as soon as you answer my first question. In your mind, what is going on in Washington.
By Altimaomega 2014-05-13 15:36:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Bloodrose said: »
He's seriously serious, guys. Just one step away from being...

SUPER CEREAL!

LOL I had to fight off typing super cereal SO BAD.. But no really! I wanna know.
By Altimaomega 2014-05-13 15:38:10
Link | Quote | Reply

And I will have that conversation with you as soon as you answer my first question. In your mind, what is going on in Washington.

I don't wanna make my allegiances known until you do. Show me yours and I'll show you mine type of thing.
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2014-05-13 15:40:22
Link | Quote | Reply

What? Why is this a hard question? I just want to know what you think is going on in Washington. How does that have anything to do with how I get my news?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-05-13 15:41:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't wanna make my allegiances known until you do. Show me yours and I'll show you mine type of thing.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 22 23 24 ... 44 45 46