U.S. Climate Has Already Changed, Study Finds

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » U.S. Climate Has Already Changed, Study Finds
U.S. Climate Has Already Changed, Study Finds
First Page 2 3 ... 19 20 21 ... 44 45 46
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-05-13 13:10:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Yeah and then you would ask for a source to such bold statements. Like you don't know that wouldn't be the rebuttal..
You can't cite independent thoughts. Just the place(s) that made you think differently.
Yet everyone is always asking for it when a statement is made. Go figure.
You're just pretending to not see the issue it seems.
By Jetackuu 2014-05-13 13:14:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
I get it. Something like cancer research is more understandable to you. However, what is and isn't true doesn't revolve around what you're able to understand.
If I don't understand something I question it until I do. Otherwise I rarely take it on faith alone. Especially when there is a lot of controversy from both sides.
There isn't though, there's a consensus on the one side and big oil backed political nonsense on the other. I don't even include your "Gore" crap into it as he's irrelevant.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-05-13 13:15:20
Link | Quote | Reply

You've all convinced me. I am a believer supporter of the claims on climate change now!
By Jetackuu 2014-05-13 13:15:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah and then you would ask for a source to such bold statements. Like you don't know that wouldn't be the rebuttal..
You can't cite independent thoughts. Just the place(s) that made you think differently.
There's a difference for asking for somebody to cite an opinion, and to cite an assertion/claim.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-05-13 13:18:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Just poking holes in people's logic.
The issue really isn't relevant imo in this case, sure, you got me there.
 Bismarck.Ihina
Server: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2014-05-13 13:21:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Except you're not actually doing that. You're selectively ignoring most rebuttals and answering only what you want to answer. When you don't have an actual reply, you just post empty rhetoric.
[+]
 Shiva.Onorgul
Server: Shiva
user: Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2014-05-13 13:22:56
Link | Quote | Reply

You've all convinced me. I am a believer supporter of the claims on climate change now!
I seriously wonder why anyone argues with you. You seem to have nominal interest in your own beliefs, make trite and throwaway comments on an almost compulsive basis, and appear to largely be interested in fomenting annoyance more than debate or conversation.

I'd comment further, but you do rather advertise your modus operandi in your username.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-05-13 13:24:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ihina said: »

Except you're not actually doing that. You're selectively ignoring most rebuttals and answering only what you want to answer. When you don't have an actual reply, you just post empty rhetoric.
Why should I when no one answers the most basic questions about the formation of such a conclusion?

Seems very one sided. So I work with that.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-05-13 13:25:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Onorgul said: »
I seriously wonder why anyone argues with you. You seem to have nominal interest in your own beliefs, make trite and throwaway comments on an almost compulsive basis, and appear to largely be interested in fomenting annoyance more than debate or conversation.

I'd comment further, but you do rather advertise your modus operandi in your username.
I would guess boredom. But that's just speculation.
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
user: Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-05-13 13:28:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Should really do a study on that. End the speculation.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-05-13 13:30:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Bloodrose said: »

Should really do a study on that. End the speculation.
Working on it >:D
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-05-13 13:31:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Trying not to break the 4th wall too much though.
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2014-05-13 13:31:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Why should I when no one answers the most basic questions about the formation of such a conclusion?

Unless this is another tide-goes-in, tide-goes-out question, I believe the general idea behind AGW have been explained.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-05-13 13:33:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I just heard on the news that the antarctic melting is irreversible now, and so is global warming.

Whew, glad we don't need to pour anymore money into it. Can we all loosen up the restrictions on co2 emissions now? I mean its pointless now right?
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-05-13 13:36:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
I just heard on the news that the antarctic melting is irreversible now, and so is global warming.

Whew, glad we don't need to pour anymore money into it. Can we all loosen up the restrictions on co2 emissions now? I mean its pointless now right?
Actually I heard that the antarctic ice is getting bigger.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-05-13 13:39:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Of course it is, have you any idea how cold the weather is down there?
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2014-05-13 13:39:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Can we all loosen up the restrictions on co2 emissions now? I mean its pointless now right?

Even if AGW wasn't a thing, I don't particularly enjoy breathing that stuff in.

Why are you guys pro-CO2 emissions again?
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-05-13 13:40:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Can we all loosen up the restrictions on co2 emissions now? I mean its pointless now right?

Jokes on you, we were breathing in CO2 before there were cars.

I'm pro co2 cause most co2 is emitted in the process of generating power and there is a direct relationship to the amount of power one consumes to their quality of life.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-05-13 13:41:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Of course it is, have you any idea how cold the weather is down there?
I think it's because the hole in the ozone is over the north pole and not the south, but I could be wrong.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-05-13 13:43:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Decaying plant life and animals (including humans) emit CO2, no?

Can't we just let cows fart in peace?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Server: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-05-13 13:44:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Jokes on you, we were breathing in CO2 before there were cars.

I'm pro co2 cause most co2 is emitted in the process of generating power and there is a direct relationship to the amount of power one consumes to their quality of life.
why are you limiting it to just cars? There are quite a few things that cause air pollution. Also, there was nothing in the history of mankind with relative size or scope to the amount of pollution we creat today.

Personally I think it's already bad enough and I don't want to end up like other places where the air pollution is so thick it actually remains visible. So bad that it's recomended that I walk around with a mask on to reduce the negative effects it may have on my body.
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2014-05-13 13:44:33
Link | Quote | Reply

That's actually not a bad way to justify it. So you'd totally be cool with humoring us and cutting CO2 emissions if there are other sources of energy that's cheaper and more efficient?
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-05-13 13:44:38
Link | Quote | Reply

There were various studies that said the ice caps were melting at an alarming rate, and to a degree they were, considering the region. With the global climate in perpetual flux, now there are studies, from many of the same researchers stating that the ice is now forming at an alarming rate.

The general fluctuation (where as we had little knowledge of the ice caps prior) is cause for study. The lack of understanding of the fluctuation is where cause for concern and fear sets in.

Even experts in the field aren't quite sure what it means, but they can only go on currently known hypotheticals, unless something happens that causes a drastic change in thinking about it.

Then they have to formulate a new theory and explanation based off of the data they've collected and analyze it to use in an experiment, if in fact a reasonable experiment can be conducted at a smaller scale.

If it can't be, then they have to use hypothesis, collected data, to show a reasonable explanation as why something is happening.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-05-13 13:46:33
Link | Quote | Reply

That's actually not a bad way to justify it. So you'd totally be cool with humoring us and cutting CO2 emissions if there are other sources of energy that's cheaper and more efficient?
Who wouldn't be? That's why the research into fusion is needed, where it can actually be put to good use.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-05-13 13:46:35
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-05-13 13:47:09
Link | Quote | Reply

That's actually not a bad way to justify it. So you'd totally be cool with humoring us and cutting CO2 emissions if there are other sources of energy that's cheaper and more efficient, and practical?

as corrected in general terms, sure.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-05-13 13:47:45
Link | Quote | Reply

So nuclear energy.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-05-13 13:48:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Bloodrose said: »
There were various studies that said the ice caps were melting at an alarming rate, and to a degree they were, considering the region. With the global climate in perpetual flux, now there are studies, from many of the same researchers stating that the ice is now forming at an alarming rate.

The general fluctuation (where as we had little knowledge of the ice caps prior) is cause for study. The lack of understanding of the fluctuation is where cause for concern and fear sets in.

Even experts in the field aren't quite sure what it means, but they can only go on currently known hypotheticals, unless something happens that causes a drastic change in thinking about it.

Then they have to formulate a new theory and explanation based off of the data they've collected and analyze it to use in an experiment, if in fact a reasonable experiment can be conducted at a smaller scale.

If it can't be, then they have to use hypothesis, collected data, to show a reasonable explanation as why something is happening.
I thought the science was settled?
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-05-13 13:50:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
So nuclear energy.
Well actually if you use Helium-3 for fusion (sorry used fission before) it's not labeled as radioactive.
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-05-13 13:52:46
Link | Quote | Reply

People claiming the science is settled, and the science being settled are two invariably different things.

But as I pointed out, there has been little evidence to show contrary to humans having and increasingly large effect on the environment, since one of our greatest tools is to manipulate the environment to suit our needs. By doing so, we destroy so that we can create.

Essentially humanity is chaos in this sense.

Edit: Not everything we create is necessarily a boon, and not everything we destroy is a boon either. Sometimes we create our own disadvantages by ignoring the longterm effects of what we destroy.
First Page 2 3 ... 19 20 21 ... 44 45 46