U.S. Climate Has Already Changed, Study Finds

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » U.S. Climate Has Already Changed, Study Finds
U.S. Climate Has Already Changed, Study Finds
First Page 2 3 ... 21 22 23 ... 44 45 46
By Altimaomega 2014-05-13 14:41:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
Bismarck.Ihina said: »
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Well, you can never reason with radicals, so everything is moot at this point anyway.

Speaking of radicals, a segment of the right wing is organizing a march on washington to demand their country back and they claim to be drawing 10 million people, possibly up to 30 million people.

Are you going to march with them?
back from what?

Do you live in a hole?
By Jetackuu 2014-05-13 14:41:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
eslim said: »
protesting nowadays doesn't work like how it used to and for the most part are just considered another form of entertainment..

Right.... No.

Protesting means you're willing to give something up for your cause. It's far easier to sit on the sidelines and be cynical than to get down in the trenches, risk being jailed, beaten or whatever the status quo can conjure up to make your life uncomfortable.

Protesting does work. You just need to be ready for some less-than-ideal circumstances.
need to be a bit unreasonable, as it were
 Bismarck.Ihina
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2014-05-13 14:41:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Altimaomega said: »
Pretty sure I was handed this title earlier in this thread! I suppose I'd be willing to share the honor with KN.

Not by me.

Do you think the two statements are comparable?
By Jetackuu 2014-05-13 14:42:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, you can never reason with radicals, so everything is moot at this point anyway.

Speaking of radicals, a segment of the right wing is organizing a march on washington to demand their country back and they claim to be drawing 10 million people, possibly up to 30 million people.

back from what?

Do you live in a hole?
debatable, but I hear this argument quite often, yet nobody really can answer it.

I mean did the british take back their colony or something? Are we a colony of our Hat or butt? Did Red Dawn happen?

It's empty HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE rhetoric that only ignorant fools buy into.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-05-13 14:42:13
Link | Quote | Reply

back from what?

From the gay liberal scumbags and their Muslim caliph.

Nah, it'll be alot of different people with different reasons to protest. I imagine everything from gun rights to abortion right down the line to your batshit insane theocrats.
[+]
By Altimaomega 2014-05-13 14:43:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty sure I was handed this title earlier in this thread! I suppose I'd be willing to share the honor with KN.

Not by me.

Do you think the two statements are comparable?

I think they was made in the same context.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-05-13 14:43:48
Link | Quote | Reply

back from what?

From the gay liberal scumbags and their Muslim caliph.

Nah, it'll be alot of different people with different reasons to protest. I imagine everything from gun rights to abortion right down the line to your batshit insane theocrats.
I eagerly await that thread.
[+]
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
user: Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-05-13 14:43:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I wish I lived in a hole. Those hobbit style houses are quite energy efficient, especially when it comes to heating and cooling.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-05-13 14:44:26
Link | Quote | Reply

protesting nowadays doesn't work like how it used to and for the most part are just considered another form of entertainment..

Right.... No.

Protesting means you're willing to give something up for your cause. It's far easier to sit on the sidelines and be cynical than to get down in the trenches, risk being jailed, beaten or whatever the status quo can conjure up to make your life uncomfortable.

Protesting does work. You just need to be ready for some less-than-ideal circumstances.

Protesting first and foremost means you don't have to work that day...
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-05-13 14:44:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Bloodrose said: »
I wish I lived in a hole. Those hobbit style houses are quite energy efficient, especially when it comes to heating and cooling.
right?
 Lakshmi.Flavin
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-05-13 14:45:49
Link | Quote | Reply

ahh yes the old you have to be an unemployed twit sucking on the government teet to protest soemthing... Sweet...
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-05-13 14:46:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »

Right.... No.

Because you can't take a day off to champion something you believe in?
[+]
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-05-13 14:46:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »

Right.... No.

It also means you forfeit your income to protest something you happen to be against strongly enough to say "hey, I like money, but I dislike this even more than I like my money and my job"
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2014-05-13 14:46:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Well then you're up there, especially considering how other people on your side answered it without feeling such sentiment.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-05-13 14:48:01
Link | Quote | Reply

either way, if you take a personal day or can survive without the income, you don't have to work that day.

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Altimaomega 2014-05-13 14:49:22
Link | Quote | Reply

back from what?

Do you live in a hole?
debatable, but I hear this argument quite often, yet nobody really can answer it.

I mean did the british take back their colony or something? Are we a colony of our Hat or butt? Did Red Dawn happen?

It's empty HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE rhetoric that only ignorant fools buy into.

It could be, but what if 2-3mil people headed to Washington the day before. Do you think the number would get even bigger the next day? Could 10mil people in Washington make a difference?

Wouldn't it be awesome if 10mil people went to Washington tossed out congress and the president and we started over?

Sure it sounds HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE but hey it kinda happened before in 1775-1776.
By Jetackuu 2014-05-13 14:49:43
Link | Quote | Reply

It's pretty easy to get along with your enemy if they're dead.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-05-13 14:51:00
Link | Quote | Reply

In 1776 we went to Washington tossed out Congress, the President and started over? What the *** have I been reading, Jeffersonian fanfics?
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-05-13 14:51:24
Link | Quote | Reply

What's this about a protest of 10million people? where and when? I'd love to sell them some ideas. I've been waiting for a good protest to go on.
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-05-13 14:51:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Or, by putting two enemies in the same room, they could bludgeon each other to death, or until one gives up.

because putting two people in the same room has always had a positive outcome.

The ideal way to resolve an issue (you can confront someone and still get along, derp) is to sit them down, and talk it over calmly by finding some middle ground, and learning to respect different opinions within the context of reasonability.

"We can disagree, and be cool about it, yo" kind of works better.
By Altimaomega 2014-05-13 14:52:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Well then you're up there, especially considering how other people on your side answered it without feeling such sentiment.

Sentiment is for the weak and breeds sheep for followers.
By Altimaomega 2014-05-13 14:53:15
Link | Quote | Reply

In 1776 we went to Washington tossed out Congress, the President and started over? What the *** have I been reading, Jeffersonian fanfics?

I said kinda and hit the bold button!

FFS lol
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2014-05-13 14:53:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah first day you'll get 2-3 million, then 7 million, then maybe 125 million the third day.

The largest march in US history was for women's right and it turned out 800-1.1 million people.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-05-13 14:54:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Bloodrose said: »
Or, by putting two enemies in the same room, they could bludgeon each other to death, or until one gives up.

because putting two people in the same room has always had a positive outcome.

The ideal way to resolve an issue (you can confront someone and still get along, derp) is to sit them down, and talk it over calmly by finding some middle ground, and learning to respect different opinions within the context of reasonability.

"We can disagree, and be cool about it, yo" kind of works better.
Except for radicals.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-05-13 14:55:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Even it's a few hundred people that's fine. I just need a large crowd gathered for whatever purpose.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-05-13 14:58:11
Link | Quote | Reply

back from what?

Do you live in a hole?

It could be, but what if 2-3mil people headed to Washington the day before. Do you think the number would get even bigger the next day? Could 10mil people in Washington make a difference?

Wouldn't it be awesome if 10mil people went to Washington tossed out congress and the president and we started over?

Sure it sounds HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE but hey it kinda happened before in 1775-1776.

The Articles of Confederation did not end with a revolution.
[+]
By Altimaomega 2014-05-13 14:58:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah first day you'll get 2-3 million, then 7 million, then maybe 125 million the third day.

The largest march in US history was for women's right and it turned out 800-1.1 million people.

Thats the point. they are saying 10mil. IF I hear of 2mil OTW, you bet your *** im getting in my Jeep and heading that way. Its not gonna be some cute little protest.

But yea if 5-6k people show up ill be surprised ><
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2014-05-13 14:58:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Sentiment is for the weak and breeds sheep for followers.

What 'how other people on your side answered it without feeling such sentiment.' means is that other people on your side have answered the question without thinking there's some kind of baggage that comes along with it.

Do you know what 'baggage' means? I don't mean actual luggage.
By Altimaomega 2014-05-13 15:00:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »

back from what?

Do you live in a hole?

The Articles of Confederation did not end with a revolution.

FFS people I should not have to make a essay long post referencing the revolution just to make a comment. Lighten the *** up.
First Page 2 3 ... 21 22 23 ... 44 45 46