April 7 2014 Update Notes:
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2014-04-07 15:28:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Brixy said: »
Why did you even attempt to give geomancer anything. This is pretty pathetic. 3 more skill and -5% damage taken will literally do nothing to boost potency or save your luopan. Dunna: Handbell skill +18 Damage taken by luopan -5%

*** fail man. What is this ***, and where is our new club? Seriosuly im done with this job for a while. /RAGE
 Shiva.Onorgul
Server: Shiva
user: Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2014-04-07 15:30:23
Link | Quote | Reply

And in regards to multi-attack?

I'm not saying Apex Arrow isn't a viable option. It was before this silly bow was added, albeit a situational one and often overtaken by Namas Arrow's additional benefits. I just find it difficult to imagine that Tachi: Shoha is worth of "RIP."
 Ragnarok.Exavion
Server: Ragnarok
user: Aladriel
By Ragnarok.Exavion 2014-04-07 15:30:49
Link | Quote | Reply

[Date & Time]
Apr. 7, 2014 from 8:00 to 15:30 (PDT)
* The completion time may be subject to change.

[Affected Service]
- FINAL FANTASY XI

For those too lazy to check the official website.
 Shiva.Jirachi
user: jirachi
By Shiva.Jirachi 2014-04-07 15:32:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Idk if anyones said this yet but....
What:

The:

F--K:

I really hope those are some typo's >_>
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-04-07 15:33:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Onorgul said: »
And in regards to multi-attack?

I'm not saying Apex Arrow isn't a viable option. It was before this silly bow was added, albeit a situational one and often overtaken by Namas Arrow's additional benefits. I just find it difficult to imagine that Tachi: Shoha is worth of "RIP."

Multiattack won't add enough avg fTP to make up for the difference, especially not on SAM. Shoha isn't a very good WS to begin with, its only value lies in its attack bonus. Take away more of the edge that that gives and its minor luster very quickly degrades into a mild glint if you angle it in the sun just right.

Add the fact that Apex is usable on one of the most popular jobs in the game atm and it's even more attractive.

@Jirachi divide them all by 10 for the actual value
 Bismarck.Davorin
Server: Bismarck
user: Davorin
By Bismarck.Davorin 2014-04-07 15:34:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Jirachi said: »
What:

The:

F--K:

I really hope those are some typo's >_>

The regain is +1 and the TP bonus is +100.
[+]
 Shiva.Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2014-04-07 15:35:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Jirachi said: »
It's been mentioned a couple times: SE is opting to display the hidden decimal by treating TP as base-1000 instead of base-100 now. So the Regain on Polyhymnia and Ohtas will be equivalent to what you think of as 1 TP per tick and the TP Bonus for Hangaku-no-Yumi will be equivalent to what it was on Hagun (for instance).
 Shiva.Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2014-04-07 15:36:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Add the fact that Apex is usable on one of the most popular jobs in the game atm and it's even more attractive.
Except said job has Annihilator and Jishnu's Radiance, so... not so much.
By Heimdel 2014-04-07 15:38:43
Link | Quote | Reply

So war is given provoke and reforged af that is loaded with enmity but then given -10 enmity on weapon? Make up your minds SE...

Also DAMN you SE I just +2 my skirmish smn staff and got -5 perp on it..
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-04-07 15:41:20
Link | Quote | Reply

OR!!! just move the decimal over to the left one.
[+]
 Cerberus.Fiasko
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Fiasko 2014-04-07 15:43:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »

BUT I DONT SEE A DECIMAL POINT!

sorry.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2014-04-07 15:43:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
-5% DMG Taken won't do 'literally nothing' to save your Loupan, just not as much as you wanted. I admit it's not great, but it's something, better than what RDM got... : /

When luopans are getting killed within 25 seconds of being summoned (2 AOES), 5% DT is worthless (Assuming everyone isnt using the -PDT staff for Luopans). 3 Handbell skill? Does this even take our spells into a different tier?

I mean, I'm usually not the complaining type, but there were NEARLY a hundred other ways to improve this job currently, DT being one of them, and they give us 5%. Nothing to demat, nothing to aura distance, nothing that really plagued the job. We'll still cast a bubble and have it diminish in 45seconds or less if demat isnt rdy. What a complete joke.

Hands+1 + new bell = 16% + staff = what...29% to physical damage taken? We get an extra 20 seconds of our Luopan surviving.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-04-07 15:45:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Except said job has Annihilator and Jishnu's Radiance, so... not so much.

Not every RNG has a relic. And I'd hazard a guess that Apex would come out above Jishnu with heavily uncapped ratio.

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »

Thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat's doing the exact same thing!
[+]
 Shiva.Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2014-04-07 15:46:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there really any reason a luopan should be killable, period? In WoW, Shaman totems were made immune to everything but direct attacks quite a long time ago because it was too detrimental to the class to have them axed whenever a mob used an AOE. Seems like Geomancer is in the same boat and deserves the same treatment.
By Zoltar 2014-04-07 15:51:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Rangers don't Apex, that's for a Samurai. You don't use Apex over Jishnu's, because reasons.
 Phoenix.Brixy
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
user: Brixy
By Phoenix.Brixy 2014-04-07 15:52:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Staff only give -pdt also. Its hard to play Geomancer with AoE nukes and tp move spam killing our luopans and nothing we can do about it... The only defense we have luopan wise is Dematerialize which is a 10 min recast and gives luopans 1 min to actually do their job. Don't get wrong -5% damage taken is a nice start, but it fixes nothing atm.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-04-07 15:53:10
Link | Quote | Reply

.75 higher fTP, chance to crit vs higher base damage and potent ratio bonus. would be close when your ratio is low due to lack of buffs or when against a high defense target. i'll have to do maths later. ranged crits are pretty *** terrible and don't carry the same weight as a melee crit in low ratio situations.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2014-04-07 16:01:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there really any reason a luopan should be killable, period? In WoW, Shaman totems were made immune to everything but direct attacks quite a long time ago because it was too detrimental to the class to have them axed whenever a mob used an AOE. Seems like Geomancer is in the same boat and deserves the same treatment.

I have been saying this since day one. We are ALREADY losing our Luopan with it hp loss/tick. Why does it need to take further damage?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2014-04-07 16:01:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I know staff is PDT, I was just adding the values for PDT purposes primarily.
By Gerion 2014-04-07 16:02:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Doesn't Jishnu's Radiance have an fTP of 5.85 with both gorget and belt? That's way more than Apex Arrow's 3.0-3.2.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-04-07 16:04:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Gerion said: »
Doesn't Jishnu's Radiance have an fTP of 5.85 with both gorget and belt? That's way more than Apex Arrow's 3.0-3.2.

Unless it carries in a strange way that I'm not aware of, no. 1.75 + 1 + 1, 3.75 base, +.1 +.1 = 3.95 total with gorget and belt, .95 over apex. If it carries, 3.75 + .1 * 6 = 4.35, 1.35 over Apex
 Shiva.Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2014-04-07 16:05:20
Link | Quote | Reply

.75 higher fTP, chance to crit vs higher base damage and potent ratio bonus. would be close when your ratio is low due to lack of buffs or when against a high defense target. i'll have to do maths later. ranged crits are pretty *** terrible and don't carry the same weight as a melee crit in low ratio situations.
Um... Jishnu's Radiance transfers fTP across all hits.
By Gerion 2014-04-07 16:05:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Jishnu's is one of the merit WSs, many which have carrying TP, and BGwiki says that it indeed does have carrying TP, so 1.95+1.95+1.95 = 5.85.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-04-07 16:06:30
Link | Quote | Reply

It isn't a merit WS, and it isn't standard practice for Empyrean WSs to have carrying http://fTP. Excuse me for not knowing this off the top of my head.
By Gerion 2014-04-07 16:07:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, whoops on the merit thing.
 Quetzalcoatl.Makenshi
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Wolfen
By Quetzalcoatl.Makenshi 2014-04-07 16:09:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Really like that they used that katana model again, I really want to get this for my offhand; I just hope the +228 skill is a mistake, since all the other weapons are +242 skill...
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-04-07 16:10:52
Link | Quote | Reply

but notice.. the magic acc skill is +215 and not 188.
By Gerion 2014-04-07 16:10:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Shigi also has 27 more Magic Accuracy skill, and the highest pure accuracy stat of all the new JSE weapons.
 Quetzalcoatl.Langly
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Langly
By Quetzalcoatl.Langly 2014-04-07 16:18:12
Link | Quote | Reply

It will look pretty. Always liked the Uguisu model. Doesn't look like it will unseat the Raimitsukane as an offhand for a Kikoku. Maybe I'm wrong.
 Asura.Ivykyori
Server: Asura
user: ivykyori
By Asura.Ivykyori 2014-04-07 16:22:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Bah, still can't update :(
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9