Shiva.Onorgul
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2014-04-07 14:45:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Tenzen/Ouryu could be pretty DoA for the most part
So I am not playing right now, but I was kinda under the impression that Return to Delkfutt's Tower and whatever the other one are were similarly underutilized for basically the same reason (gear that isn't terribly interesting). Is that true or am I just getting the wrong impression? If it is true, what could be done to get people interested in new battlefields short of adding something iLevel 120+?
 Leviathan.Kincard
Server: Leviathan
user: Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2014-04-07 14:45:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I wouldn't mind them changing TP max to 3000 so much if they went back and edited past TP Bonus etc gear to reflect that change. The whole idea of changing the TP display to 3000 is to be more intuitive, but then you have some gear that says +100 and some gear that says +1000 that does the same thing, which is...not so intuitive.

Shiva.Onorgul said: »
So I am not playing right now, but I was kinda under the impression that Return to Delkfutt's Tower and whatever the other one are were similarly underutilized for basically the same reason (gear that isn't terribly interesting). Is that true or am I just getting the wrong impression? If it is true, what could be done to get people interested in new battlefields short of adding something iLevel 120+?

They should've made the new battlefields give specific slots of AF materials because people tend to work on one piece at a time, then it would actually be an alternative to doing AA. As it is, most people are probably just going to clear the things once or twice for fun and then go back to AA.

Though honestly aside from annoying AA congestion I don't really care either way myself. You're either grinding Battlefield A or Battlefield B, they both get stale after running them 20+ times.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-04-07 14:47:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Slightly a wrong impression but slightly accurate.

In the case of Celestial Nexus the weapons and gear are desired for the associated jobs, but the BC itself is a cake walk for most people.

In the case of Return to Delkfutt, the body piece is desired for the associated jobs, weapons not so much and the BC itself is difficult for most people.
By Cyrinn 2014-04-07 14:50:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Seems like SE is just adding other ways to get 119 mats for AF/Relic. Same with Delkfutt/Nexus, there was maybe one interesting piece of gear from the battles, but the hype fizzled out completely. Unless they add mats to make these new weapons to the fights it's easier to stick with AAs/DM2.
By Gerion 2014-04-07 14:54:20
Link | Quote | Reply

The body from Kam'lanaut is extremely wanted for melees that are on it. The biggest problem is just how difficult he is; the vast majority of players can't beat him above Normal mode, where equipment drop rates suck.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-04-07 14:59:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Cyrinn said: »
Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
or better yet a RUN specific ws...

It would probably have been a magic WS that would get resisted out the ***.

Still better than a ws that has an attack mod when RUN gets no natural attack bonus traits. And at least if it were a magical ws you could Gambit first and hope for the best.

RUN already has the best magical WS in the game, Requiescat.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-04-07 15:01:16
Link | Quote | Reply

True:

FYI you can update via Check files option before logging into POL just make sure you select FFXI. Its about 1929 files. You just cant get onto POL though.
[+]
 Valefor.Philemon
Server: Valefor
user: detlef
By Valefor.Philemon 2014-04-07 15:02:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
I wouldn't be surprised if these JSE weapons get a further trial/reforge/augment/+1 in a near future update to improve them more. As-is, they look fairly unimpressive compared to 119 RME (and many non-RME). I'm just getting a deja vu feeling of people saying "these stats suck I'm not gonna bother", along the same lines of what people were saying when magian/empy weapons were originally introduced in stages.
If that were the case, what would the harp be upgraded into?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-04-07 15:03:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »

Still better than a ws that has an attack mod when RUN gets no natural attack bonus traits. And at least if it were a magical ws you could Gambit first and hope for the best.

that's not really the same thing

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
I wouldn't be surprised if these JSE weapons get a further trial/reforge/augment/+1 in a near future update to improve them more. As-is, they look fairly unimpressive compared to 119 RME (and many non-RME). I'm just getting a deja vu feeling of people saying "these stats suck I'm not gonna bother", along the same lines of what people were saying when magian/empy weapons were originally introduced in stages.

They aren't supposed to match R/M/E. I'm more surprised that they aren't even competitive with the non-boss Delve weapons, and in most cases Eminent weapons.
 Phoenix.Gameesh
Server: Phoenix
user: Gameesh
By Phoenix.Gameesh 2014-04-07 15:04:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Takes nearly 20 min just to check the files though...
But at least I'm updating now =)
 Shiva.Devrom
user: Devrom
By Shiva.Devrom 2014-04-07 15:05:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Funny that no one has mentioned http://bg-wiki.com/bg/Lionsquall yet...
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-04-07 15:05:55
Link | Quote | Reply

probably because it isn't very good
 Bismarck.Davorin
Server: Bismarck
user: Davorin
By Bismarck.Davorin 2014-04-07 15:05:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »

Requiescat deals damage which is not physical nor magical.
By pchan 2014-04-07 15:06:30
Link | Quote | Reply

This VU sucks, I think it was supposed to give us incentives to kille delve2 bosses haha.
 Shiva.Arana
user: Arana1
By Shiva.Arana 2014-04-07 15:06:52
Link | Quote | Reply

True:

FYI you can update via Check files option before logging into POL just make sure you select FFXI. Its about 1929 files. You just cant get onto POL though.
Thanks
 Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-04-07 15:07:47
Link | Quote | Reply

True:

Thanks very helpful !
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-04-07 15:08:41
Link | Quote | Reply

http://bg-wiki.com/bg/Hangaku-no-Yumi

RIP Shoha
 Asura.Ccl
Server: Asura
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-04-07 15:09:04
Link | Quote | Reply

pchan said: »
This VU sucks, I think it was supposed to give us incentives to kille delve2 bosses haha.

Isn't making 6m each in 25min good enough :o? Clearly the best gil in game with marrow being 4m or less atm
 Phoenix.Gameesh
Server: Phoenix
user: Gameesh
By Phoenix.Gameesh 2014-04-07 15:09:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Devrom said: »

I lol'd harder at that screenshot then I should have probably...
By Gerion 2014-04-07 15:10:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ccl said: »
pchan said: »

Isn't making 6m each in 25min good enough :o? Clearly the best gil in game with marrow being 4m or less atm

6m each in 25 minutes? The hell?
 Shiva.Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2014-04-07 15:11:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Why? fTP mod on Apex Arrow is Ignores Defense, which may or may not be relevant in high-buff situations.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-04-07 15:12:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Gerion said: »
6m in 25 minutes? The hell?

A good 6 Man setup, that knows the routes can do Yorcia in 25-30minutes. Boles go for about 6M on each server. 1 full run nets about 120k plasm, so if you don't win lot you can at least buy one after 3 runs. Same for Marjami and Rostrums.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Kaelthas
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Kaelthas 2014-04-07 15:13:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Gameesh said: »
Shiva.Devrom said: »

I lol'd harder at that screenshot then I should have probably...
Lmao same here. The face kinda reminds me of Lillisette from WoTG :P
By Gerion 2014-04-07 15:14:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Why? fTP mod on Apex Arrow is Ignores Defense, which may or may not be relevant in high-buff situations.

In a group without a Geo, the highest defense down you're likely to see is -45%. Even on 119 content like Tojil, it'd take over 3000 ranged attack to cap on a -45% defense Tojil.
By Gerion 2014-04-07 15:16:22
Link | Quote | Reply

A good 6 Man setup, that knows the routes can do Yorcia in 25-30minutes. Boles go for about 6M on each server. 1 full run nets about 120k plasm, so if you don't win lot you can at least buy one after 3 runs. Same for Marjami and Rostrums.

Even if Boles are 6m on your server (they're not on every server; they're 4.3m on mine), that's an average of 6m/6 + ~105k/300k * 6m = 3.1 million gil each per run, not 6 million.

On servers such as mine, that goes down to 2.2 million per run.
 Sylph.Feary
Server: Sylph
user: feary
By Sylph.Feary 2014-04-07 15:16:43
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah except its not 6 mil on our server lol maybe 4
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-04-07 15:19:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Assuming you're WSing at 125 for Shoha (Moonshade):

2.578125fTP, 85% STR, +/- 1.375 attack bonus

Apex with this bow:

3fTP, 85% AGI, approximately 25~30% attack bonus via defense ignored at 200TP

So Apex is stronger with a slightly smaller attack modifier. It should be more valuable for uncapped attack situations than Shoha as a result.
 Asura.Ccl
Server: Asura
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-04-07 15:21:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Even if Boles are 6m on your server (they're not on every server; they're 4.3m on mine), that's an average of 6m/6 + ~105k/300k * 6m = 3.1 million gil each per run, not 6 million.

On servers such as mine, that goes down to 2.2 million per run.

add people buying KI+rare ex; the ability to dual box it all add up pretty quick.
[+]
 Shiva.Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2014-04-07 15:24:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Does Samurai get enough AGI and Ranged Attack, though? I can *** based on mods alone with no problem, but stat vomit makes my eyes water so I have difficulty pinning down that Apex Arrow can be adequately competitive with the amount of STR, Attack, and multi-attack that Shoha gets.

Also, I thought no one had quantified the Ignores Defense beyond at 100%?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-04-07 15:26:33
Link | Quote | Reply

SAM's gotten a lot of good ranged gear over the last while. As far as quantification for def reduction over 100TP, working with an estimation which is why it's a variable (20~30) rather than an exact number. 20 is the absolute minimum since it assumes that it doesn't go above 15%, which is obviously false.

Point is, the raw base damage advantage of bow+arrow compared to gkt on top of the WS itself being outright stronger, in addition to a sizeable increase in ratio, is nothing to scoff at.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9