First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
 Shiva.Onorgul
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2014-04-07 13:58:44
Link | Quote | Reply

That's the bloody point he's making.

Do you guys have trouble reading simple English?
[+]
By kenshynofshiva 2014-04-07 14:05:17
Link | Quote | Reply

lol confused me since peeps yelling about the change:

So was 300 tp now 3000 tp and 100 tp bonus now 1000 tp bonus is gonna take a bit getting use to an breaks quite a bit of stuff I bet like people brains lol.

Go at 300 tp I mean 3000 tp.
Why can't I weapon skill at 100 tp lol I can see it now.

English naw we know speak it especially if bloody.
By fattrav 2014-04-07 14:05:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Onorgul said: »

si.
[+]
 Asura.Ackeronll
Server: Asura
user: Ackeron
By Asura.Ackeronll 2014-04-07 14:08:53
Link | Quote | Reply

fattrav said: »

si.
Whoops I missed his first post lol.
 Lakshmi.Leosin
Server: Lakshmi
user: Leosin
By Lakshmi.Leosin 2014-04-07 14:08:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Was there some definite info about limiting TH or will this new dagger mean a main hand TH dagger w/ off hand Thief's knife?
 Asura.Tot
By Asura.Tot 2014-04-07 14:09:11
Link | Quote | Reply

By kenshynofshiva 2014-04-07 14:09:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah TH caps at 8 from gear.
By Gerion 2014-04-07 14:09:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Just mentally add a decimal point before the last digit on equipment pertaining to regain and TP bonus from now on.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2014-04-07 14:10:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I wouldn't be surprised if these JSE weapons get a further trial/reforge/augment/+1 in a near future update to improve them more. As-is, they look fairly unimpressive compared to 119 RME (and many non-RME). I'm just getting a deja vu feeling of people saying "these stats suck I'm not gonna bother", along the same lines of what people were saying when magian/empy weapons were originally introduced in stages.
[+]
 Shiva.Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2014-04-07 14:11:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Leosin said: »
Was there some definite info about limiting TH or will this new dagger mean a main hand TH dagger w/ off hand Thief's knife?
They limited it exactly so that you can replace your Thief's Knife with this. The devs were kinda sick of people still using stuff from 75 cap, especially when it is both hugely limiting to damage and a nuisance to swap around.
 Asura.Aikchan
user: Aikawa
By Asura.Aikchan 2014-04-07 14:12:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Leosin said: »
They limited it exactly so that you can replace your Thief's Knife with this. The devs were kinda sick of people still using stuff from 75 cap, especially when it is both hugely limiting to damage and a nuisance to swap around.

it is limited if you already have the TH belt, if not .. can "cap" with both... (atm TH gear cap @ 8)
By Pantafernando 2014-04-07 14:13:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Atheryn said: »
So I'm guessing these weapons are SE's solution to the gap between those with R/M/E weapons and those without? Not quite as powerful, but easier to obtain...

I dont think so. This new weapons should be at least as hard as ark angels/celestial nexus/return to delkfutt tower weapons. I dont think they came to fill any gap, as this gap was filled already with skirmish weapons, and delve ones. Most likely they want to release a new content every month, and need to create anything to make some sense to actually do the new content. Entering pchan mode, with the new rewards, judging only the new rewards, the new battlefields tend to be somehow fail, because nothing stand out of the current gear, not even armor gear.

I think SE is trying too hard already. Releasing a new battlefield every month isnt nice, to me at least. When i finish leveling/skilling/gearing a new job to do the new content, they go and release another one. The new delve could wait 1 month before releasing the date it was, because people had plenty to do with new skirmish, but them, they just jump and release new delve diverging the attention. And SE create a farming delve, a delve that dont resemble to the slighest the original one, that was designed to last months. This new delve was in farming stage since the release (as people were selling wins at very first day of release). And now this new content, that could perfectly wait more 1 month before release, people are still farming outside nms to gear, its not necessary to rush with half *** equipment just to pretend the dev is very active to this game.

I guess everyone have their time, but personally i feel like things are going too fast, at least for me.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-04-07 14:13:30
Link | Quote | Reply

They said you can't get higher than TH+8 on the initial proc landing in the last version update, though as thf main you could bring it up to +12.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2014-04-07 14:14:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Aikchan said: »
it is limited if you already have the TH belt, if not .. can "cap" with both... (atm TH gear cap @ 8)
Well, yes, you'll still "need" Thief's Knife if you're missing other pieces of gear, but that wasn't what I was saying. I said the cap is there exactly so that you aren't tied to using a low-DPS dagger that you either suffer with or swap out and consequently lose your TP.
 Ragnarok.Exavion
Server: Ragnarok
user: Aladriel
By Ragnarok.Exavion 2014-04-07 14:15:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Would be nice if all monk weapons started having -enmity. Cure-bombing pseudo tanks gets pretty irritating.
By Cyrinn 2014-04-07 14:18:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Looks like the only job to get enmity+ was RUN. So does SE expect this little change to make a RUN an effective tank now?
Not to mention the subpar spike damage from Resolution, the least they could have done was thrown us a bone and given us access to Torcleaver, or better yet a RUN specific ws...
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-04-07 14:20:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Cyrinn said: »
or better yet a RUN specific ws...

It would probably have been a magic WS that would get resisted out the ***.
[+]
By nightkidz 2014-04-07 14:22:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Are people able to at least log into pol? I am still getting an error.
[+]
By Cyrinn 2014-04-07 14:22:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »

Still better than a ws that has an attack mod when RUN gets no natural attack bonus traits. And at least if it were a magical ws you could Gambit first and hope for the best.
[+]
 Asura.Psylo
user: psylo
By Asura.Psylo 2014-04-07 14:23:02
Link | Quote | Reply

still in maintenance just have to wait
[+]
 Leviathan.Redherring
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Redherring 2014-04-07 14:25:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Josiahkf said: »

[+]
 Shiva.Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2014-04-07 14:25:39
Link | Quote | Reply

They could just make a Great Sword version of Atonement for Rune Fencer. 750 damage, even back at 75 cap, was nothing really spectacular, especially considering that a Paladin in tanking gear was hardly outputting the DPS of virtually anyone else.

Question is how much a weaponskill would ultimately assist with tanking. I'll grant that its timer makes it less than wonderful, but Lunge is effectively a Rune-based magic "weaponskill." Would you rather have it tied to TP and Runes harbored instead of being on a 3-minute timer and, if yes, do you think it'd really change the borked way that Enmity has worked in this game since day one?

Almost makes me pine for the days of Crab Fantasy XI when DPS was single-digits only and Paladin (or even Ninja!) could hold hate almost exclusively with Provoke.
 Phoenix.Tigertail
user: Tigertail
By Phoenix.Tigertail 2014-04-07 14:26:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Im getting the server is busy error.
[+]
 Phoenix.Gameesh
user: Gameesh
By Phoenix.Gameesh 2014-04-07 14:30:03
Link | Quote | Reply

nightkidz said: »
Are people able to at least log into pol? I am still getting an error.

Maint. is gonna last for an hour or so more. Just go watch a movie and you can log-in afterwards =)
By Cyrinn 2014-04-07 14:32:05
Link | Quote | Reply

They could just make a Great Sword version of Atonement for Rune Fencer. 750 damage, even back at 75 cap, was nothing really spectacular, especially considering that a Paladin in tanking gear was hardly outputting the DPS of virtually anyone else.

Question is how much a weaponskill would ultimately assist with tanking. I'll grant that its timer makes it less than wonderful, but Lunge is effectively a Rune-based magic "weaponskill." Would you rather have it tied to TP and Runes harbored instead of being on a 3-minute timer and, if yes, do you think it'd really change the borked way that Enmity has worked in this game since day one?

Almost makes me pine for the days of Crab Fantasy XI when DPS was single-digits only and Paladin (or even Ninja!) could hold hate almost exclusively with Provoke.

Well hopefully this new weapon's Lunge enhancement will be a major enmity spike. I'm not terrible at tanking on RUN, but the amount of enmity+ ***I have to carry for already high enmity spike stuff like Flash is insane. Where a PLD can go in, voke, Flash, Sentinel, and let DDs come in and go to town, I have to Flash, Lunge, then hope I get a decent Resolution off to hold hate, then still macro in enmity+ when my flash timers are up. My lunge set has enmity everywhere it doesn't have MAB, would be nice to get rid of some inventory space.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-04-07 14:34:55
Link | Quote | Reply

RUN GS is good, BRD harp is good, GEO bell is good, PUP H2H is good (prolly best one), the STP throwing thing is good, new pet earring is decent, STR13 belt nice for blu, rest looks lackluster. Tenzen/Ouryu could be pretty DoA for the most part
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2014-04-07 14:35:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Brixy said: »
Why did you even attempt to give geomancer anything. This is pretty pathetic. 3 more skill and -5% damage taken will literally do nothing to boost potency or save your luopan.
Dunna: Handbell skill +18 Damage taken by luopan -5%

-5% DMG Taken won't do 'literally nothing' to save your Loupan, just not as much as you wanted. I admit it's not great, but it's something, better than what RDM got... : /
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9