April 7 2014 Update Notes:
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-04-07 10:51:06
Link | Quote | Reply

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/41117-Apr-8-2014-%28JST%29-Version-Update
[+]
 Cerberus.Valmur
Server: Cerberus
user: Valmur
By Cerberus.Valmur 2014-04-07 11:09:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Sexy H2H
 Ragnarok.Liteholt
Server: Ragnarok
user: Liteholt
By Ragnarok.Liteholt 2014-04-07 11:18:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Incoming price rise on Hippogriff Tailfeathers and Mistmelts in 3, 2, 1...
[+]
 Cerberus.Avalon
user: KupoNuts
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-04-07 11:26:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Liteholt said: »
Incoming price rise on Hippogriff Tailfeathers and Mistmelts in 3, 2, 1...

You may be right, but that's also assuming Mistmelts will be required to bring Ouryu down from the air for the new BC. I imagine, though, that many elements from the classic COP BC will remain unchanged (like the type of earth attacks he uses, etc).
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-04-07 11:27:09
Link | Quote | Reply

When it states the requirements for the job specific equipments, is it just one from each category, or 1 of each? I've done everything listed apart from any of the new Delve. Would I still be able to start the job specific equipment quest?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bismarck.Hsieh
Server: Bismarck
user: Hsieh
By Bismarck.Hsieh 2014-04-07 11:30:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I loled so hard.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Liteholt
By Ragnarok.Liteholt 2014-04-07 11:30:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Tidus, it's "complete any one of these." I'm hoping I qualify, since I've beaten the AA TT on Normal, but have yet to get a Delve win or a MCO Difficult win.
 Bismarck.Hsieh
By Bismarck.Hsieh 2014-04-07 11:32:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tidis said: »
When it states the requirements for the job specific equipments, is it just one from each category, or 1 of each? I've done everything listed apart from any of the new Delve. Would I still be able to start the job specific equipment quest?
Probably just 1.
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-04-07 11:34:55
Link | Quote | Reply

You will need to have cleared at least 1 of the Delve 1.0 (Tojil, Daku or Muy) zones *and* 1 of the new Delve 2.0 zones (Wopket, Cailimh or Utkux).

EDIT: Nevermind, I misread the first statement.

"Players must have fulfilled one of the following prerequisites in order to undertake the quest."

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Spirachub
user: Spiraboo
By Cerberus.Spirachub 2014-04-07 11:37:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Avalon said: »
You will need to have cleared at least 1 of the Delve 1.0 (Tojil, Daku or Muy) zones *and* 1 of the new Delve 2.0 zones (Wopket, Cailimh or Utkux).

You sure? sounds like fulfilling any one of the bullet points will do:

Quote:
Prerequisites
Players must have fulfilled one of the following prerequisites in order to undertake the quest.
Have defeated at least one of the following boss monsters appearing in Delve content in Cirdas Cavers .
Muyingwa / Dakuwaqa / Tojil
Have defeated at least one of the following boss monsters appearing in Delve content in Yorcia Weald .
Cailimh/Wopket/Utkux
Have defeated one of the mission battlefields requiring one of the items listed below on “Difficult” or “Very Difficult.”
Microcosmic Orb / Macrocosmic Orb
Have defeated a high-tier mission battlefield on “Normal” or above difficulty.
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-04-07 11:38:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Spirachub said: »

You sure? sounds like fulfilling any one of the bullet points will do:

Quote:
Prerequisites
Players must have fulfilled one of the following prerequisites in order to undertake the quest.
Have defeated at least one of the following boss monsters appearing in Delve content in Cirdas Cavers .
Have defeated at least one of the following boss monsters appearing in Delve content in Yorcia Weald .
Cailimh/Wopket/Utkux
Have defeated one of the mission battlefields requiring one of the items listed below on “Difficult” or “Very Difficult.”

Yeah, I edited my post and corrected myself. I had misread the first statement. :D
 Shiva.Siviard
Server: Shiva
user: Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2014-04-07 11:38:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Josiahkf said: »

WTF?
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-04-07 11:38:59
Link | Quote | Reply

any ideas when people are .dat mining?
 Ragnarok.Liteholt
By Ragnarok.Liteholt 2014-04-07 11:39:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Well given that POL is also undergoing maintenance, so we can't even log in to get the new files yet, might be a couple hours.
 Bismarck.Hsieh
By Bismarck.Hsieh 2014-04-07 11:40:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Prerequisites
Have defeated at least one of the following boss monsters appearing in Delve content in Cirdas Cavers [ U ].

Have defeated at least one of the following boss monsters appearing in Delve content in Yorcia Weald [ U ].

Cailimh/Wopket/Utkux

Notes
If the player has accepted a relic, mythic, or empyrean weapon repairing quest, they will be unable to accept the job-specific weapon quest while equipped with the weapon that started the repairing quest. Unequipping the weapon will solve this issue.

No where does it says AND. According to the text written, it would be one of the following categories. We will find out when servers are up. It could be a bad translation from JP to ENG.
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-04-07 11:41:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Hsieh said: »
Prerequisites

Cailimh/Wopket/Utkux

Notes
If the player has accepted a relic, mythic, or empyrean weapon repairing quest, they will be unable to accept the job-specific weapon quest while equipped with the weapon that started the repairing quest. Unequipping the weapon will solve this issue.

No where does it says AND. According to the text written, it would be one of the following categories. We will find out when servers are up. It could be a bad translation from JP to ENG.

I corrected myself 5 minutes ago. I misread the first statement on it.
 Ragnarok.Mswildfire
user: Antz
By Ragnarok.Mswildfire 2014-04-07 11:43:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Looks like 1 from each category to me tbh. I'd say they mean 1 of the following, then each bullet point.

1 from Delve 1, Delve 2, AA and Orb.

Looks like I'm ready, inb4 no craft item/mats because maint ends at midnight 30 so won't be able to see till tomorrow fml.
By Wordspoken 2014-04-07 11:44:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Is the update really going to last 7 hours?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2014-04-07 11:48:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Mswildfire said: »
Looks like 1 from each category to me tbh. I'd say they mean 1 of the following, then each bullet point. 1 from Delve 1, Delve 2, AA and Orb. Looks like I'm ready, inb4 no craft item/mats because maint ends at midnight 30 so won't be able to see till tomorrow fml.

This is totally how I read it, otherwise, why not just include all of those different scenarios under one bullet point? Why separate them?

I had the impression that each category was broken down by either item type or equipment slot (for instance, completing Delve1 boss = new weapons. Completing Delve boss 2 = new armor, completing difficult/higher in battlefields = new instruments).

I could be wrong, but that's how I read it.
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-04-07 11:50:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Looks like 1 from each category to me tbh. I'd say they mean 1 of the following, then each bullet point.

1 from Delve 1, Delve 2, AA and Orb.

Looks like I'm ready, inb4 no craft item/mats because maint ends at midnight 30 so won't be able to see till tomorrow fml.
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Looks like 1 from each category to me tbh. I'd say they mean 1 of the following, then each bullet point. 1 from Delve 1, Delve 2, AA and Orb. Looks like I'm ready, inb4 no craft item/mats because maint ends at midnight 30 so won't be able to see till tomorrow fml.

This is totally how I read it, otherwise, why not just include all of those different scenarios under one bullet point? Why separate them?

I had the impression that each category was broken down by either item type or equipment slot (for instance, completing Delve1 boss = new weapons. Completing Delve boss 2 = new armor, completing difficult/higher in battlefields = new instruments).

I could be wrong, but that's how I read it.

Now I'm starting to do a double-take on whether I was wrong about my original thoughts on that, lol. It looks like it could go either way.
 Ragnarok.Mswildfire
user: Antz
By Ragnarok.Mswildfire 2014-04-07 11:50:55
Link | Quote | Reply

They did say it wouldn't be easy so it wouldn't shock me at all if you needed to do 1 of each category to be able to do the quest, don't think they'll break it down by armor/weap/range.
By Heimdel 2014-04-07 11:52:23
Link | Quote | Reply

The avatar Cait Sith's abilities Eerie Eye and Mewing Lullaby are now listed under the Blood Pact: Ward command category instead of Blood Pact: Rage.

What possible reason could they have for this? Lullaby was actually useful as a rage since the tp reset stuck on high level nms even AA. It was nice to use with titans EA when fighting things.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-04-07 11:57:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Heimdel said: »
What possible reason could they have for this? Lullaby was actually useful as a rage since the tp reset stuck on high level nms even AA. It was nice to use with titans EA when fighting things.
Because that way, us SMNs can use Eye or Lullaby and Level ? Holy together, instead of waiting for timers to use one or the other.

You could hit EA beforehand and, unless you have an NM spamming AoE death spells or abilities, you can still come back with a Lullaby every now and then.

Alas, the limitation of being a SMN...
 Phoenix.Gameesh
Server: Phoenix
user: Gameesh
By Phoenix.Gameesh 2014-04-07 11:58:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Wordspoken said: »
Is the update really going to last 7 hours?

Yes, since besides the actual update they will also do maintenance on POL and replace/fix some of their server equipment. It's not something you can do in just a small 2 hours.
 Shiva.Alistrianna
By Shiva.Alistrianna 2014-04-07 11:58:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty sure it being a Ward changes nothing for its usefulness, aside from lack of magic accuracy bonus from skill over cap. At least now its a bit easier to gear for pet magic accuracy though.
 Shiva.Gib
user: Gib
By Shiva.Gib 2014-04-07 12:04:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Better Worm Cosplay!
[+]
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-04-07 12:06:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Gib said: »

Better Worm Cosplay!
Looks too much like a penis!
[+]
By Ophannus 2014-04-07 12:08:18
Link | Quote | Reply

The cosplay was amazing, it even had a bubble maker at the top to shoot a stream of bubbles i.e gastric bomb
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9