First Page 2 3 ... 66 67 68 ... 181 182 183
 Sylph.Ashiya
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Ashee
By Sylph.Ashiya 2015-06-19 10:53:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Both examples are perfectly fine, but first thing... You should be using //gs showswaps to determine if gear is changing.

The first example assumes you're using Mote's includes, but I don't know that you are without seeing your entire lua. (on pastebin) If you are using Mote's includes, then I would go with this option.

The second example won't do anything at all by adding the code to your lua. He's giving you a function that does what you need, but you still need to call it. pastebin your lua and i'll show you how to add it. (if you don't use mote's)

I figured the first would be better anyways, and also, didn't know there was a command to determine if gear is changing. Good to know :) I am using Montenten's lua files btw!

Edit: Yeah, it's not working. I did fire V during firesday with no weather.
 Asura.Vafruvant
Server: Asura
user: Vafruvant
By Asura.Vafruvant 2015-06-20 04:17:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Ashiya said: »
Quote:
Both examples are perfectly fine, but first thing... You should be using //gs showswaps to determine if gear is changing.

The first example assumes you're using Mote's includes, but I don't know that you are without seeing your entire lua. (on pastebin) If you are using Mote's includes, then I would go with this option.

The second example won't do anything at all by adding the code to your lua. He's giving you a function that does what you need, but you still need to call it. pastebin your lua and i'll show you how to add it. (if you don't use mote's)

I figured the first would be better anyways, and also, didn't know there was a command to determine if gear is changing. Good to know :) I am using Montenten's lua files btw!

Edit: Yeah, it's not working. I did fire V during firesday with no weather.
You have two job_post_midcast functions, which basically confuses GearSwap. However, some time after Mote left, someone updated Mote-Mappings.lua to include Hachirin-no-Obi, so this is all totally unnecessary. If you just use the standard coding of gear.ElementalObi in your set and gear.default_obi_waist, it will throw it on for the spell.

Now, also in the Mote-Mappings.lua, there are lists for elements.weak_to and elements.strong_to, which is basically the second thing you copied. I'm not sure the exact coding, as I haven't used it myself, but the basic foundation is there already.
 Asura.Vafruvant
By Asura.Vafruvant 2015-06-20 04:35:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vafruvant said: »
I'm not sure the exact coding, as I haven't used it myself, but the basic foundation is there already.
As I said, I'm not sure if this will work, but I believe it will. It might be able to be cleaned up, but it should make all the necessary checks.
Edit: Changed % 2 values as noted by Vow.
By beaumb 2015-06-20 11:54:30
Link | Quote | Reply

So I'm getting a weird error on Bokura's WHM lua.
GearSwap: Lua runtime error: gearswap/flow.lua:295:
Gearswap has detected an error in the user function self_command:
... Files (x86)Windower4/addons/GearSwap/data/WHM.lua:505: attempt to concatenate field '?' (a nil value)

This error only happens when hitting any (SC1,SC2,etc.) macro. All the normal ones work fine (C1,C7,etc.)

I have this same exact lua running on 2 different computers and it works fine on one and not the other. I downloaded both at the same time and made no changes so it can't be a problem with them.

I'm still super new to Gearswap so if this is a stupid question I'm sorry but I can't for the life of me figure it out.

Thanks in advance. :)
 Asura.Vafruvant
By Asura.Vafruvant 2015-06-20 13:28:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't have a copy of Bokura's WHM.lua hanging around, so would you link it please?
 Leviathan.Vow
Server: Leviathan
user: woVow
By Leviathan.Vow 2015-06-20 15:52:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not sure the exact coding, as I haven't used it myself, but the basic foundation is there already.
As I said, I'm not sure if this will work, but I believe it will. It might be able to be cleaned up, but it should make all the necessary checks.

The variable world.weather_id does not indicate intensity.
Also: n % 2 will only return 0 or 1.

This should work, but you should check it anyway:
Code
local weather_intensity = gearswap.res.weather[world.weather_id].intensity
local day_contribution = world.day_element == spell.element and 1
                      or elements.weak_to[world.day_element] == spell.element and -1
                      or 0
local weather_contribution = world.weather_element == 'None' and 0 
                          or world.weather_element == spell.element and weather_intensity 
                          or elements.weak_to[world.weather_element] == spell.element and -weather_intensity 
                          or 0

if day_contribution + weather_contribution > 0 then
    --conditions for obi are met
end

I'm not sure if it will work correctly for Storm II spells.
 Sylph.Ashiya
By Sylph.Ashiya 2015-06-20 20:59:03
Link | Quote | Reply

You have two job_post_midcast functions, which basically confuses GearSwap. However, some time after Mote left, someone updated Mote-Mappings.lua to include Hachirin-no-Obi, so this is all totally unnecessary. If you just use the standard coding of gear.ElementalObi in your set and gear.default_obi_waist, it will throw it on for the spell.

Now, also in the Mote-Mappings.lua, there are lists for elements.weak_to and elements.strong_to, which is basically the second thing you copied. I'm not sure the exact coding, as I haven't used it myself, but the basic foundation is there already.

Ah, I took a look and finally understood what you meant(somewhat), I went through the motes as you mentioned. I noticed on Mote-Include.Lua the gear.ElementalObi didn't have Hachirin listed and was blank, so I went ahead and added it in. Now my other question is do I need to change this part:
Code
elements.obi_of = {['Light']='Korin Obi', ['Dark']='Anrin Obi', ['Fire']='Karin Obi', ['Ice']='Hyorin Obi', ['Wind']='Furin Obi',
	 ['Earth']='Dorin Obi', ['Lightning']='Rairin Obi', ['Water']='Suirin Obi'}

In Mote-Mappings.Lua or will it still work? Even though they are listed by their seperate obi's?
 Asura.Vafruvant
By Asura.Vafruvant 2015-06-20 21:36:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Ashiya said: »

Ah, I took a look and finally understood what you meant(somewhat), I went through the motes as you mentioned. I noticed on Mote-Include.Lua the gear.ElementalObi didn't have Hachirin listed and was blank, so I went ahead and added it in. Now my other question is do I need to change this part:
Code
elements.obi_of = {['Light']='Korin Obi', ['Dark']='Anrin Obi', ['Fire']='Karin Obi', ['Ice']='Hyorin Obi', ['Wind']='Furin Obi',
	 ['Earth']='Dorin Obi', ['Lightning']='Rairin Obi', ['Water']='Suirin Obi'}

In Mote-Mappings.Lua or will it still work? Even though they are listed by their seperate obi's?
Just replace all the single-element obis with Hachirin-no-Obi in Mote-Mappings, i.e.
Code
elements.obi_of = {['Light']='Hachirin-no-Obi', ['Dark']='Hachirin-no-Obi', ['Fire']='Hachirin-no-Obi', ['Ice']='Hachirin-no-Obi',
	 ['Wind']='Hachirin-no-Obi',['Earth']='Hachirin-no-Obi', ['Lightning']='Hachirin-no-Obi', ['Water']='Hachirin-no-Obi'}
 Sylph.Ashiya
By Sylph.Ashiya 2015-06-20 22:28:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Alrighty! Thanks a bunch! :)
By beaumb 2015-06-20 22:36:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Nevermind. Apparently it was because I didn't have the Shortcuts addon on that computer. No idea how that was the cause but at least it works now. xD
 Asura.Rinuko
user: Rinuko
By Asura.Rinuko 2015-06-22 05:58:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Currently using this for blm
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Kinematics/GearSwap-Jobs/master/BLM.lua

I want at <51% mp it equips Uggalepih Pendant. What and where do i add it?
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-06-22 06:52:39
Link | Quote | Reply

While I'm sure someone will eventually help you with this, can you not get one of the better neck pieces? Or are they unattainable right now?
 Asura.Rinuko
By Asura.Rinuko 2015-06-22 07:30:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tidis said: »
While I'm sure someone will eventually help you with this, can you not get one of the better neck pieces? Or are they unattainable right now?
I dont know. Reason I want to use that piece is that I'm not lv99 yet (currently 93ish) so if there is any better piece that is not to hard to obtain, i'm open to suggestions
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-06-22 07:54:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Understandable, I just assumed you were 99 already, the better neck pieces are:

Stoicheion Medal

Eddy Necklace

Deviant Necklace

As for the function for equipping Ugly Pendant, I can't help, I wish I could but I don't know enough about GS, functionally it would be very similar to the pre-existing function that equips the refresh obi when your MP is below 51% but it's the last little bit I can't work out with it.
 Asura.Rinuko
By Asura.Rinuko 2015-06-22 08:57:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Ahh, Stoicheion Medal looks interesting. Gonna get that untill i can get some 99 nuke piece
 Asura.Vafruvant
By Asura.Vafruvant 2015-06-22 17:40:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't post it properly from my phone, but I will post it tonight if no one gets to it first.
 Asura.Vafruvant
By Asura.Vafruvant 2015-06-22 23:12:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Rinuko said: »
Ahh, Stoicheion Medal looks interesting. Gonna get that untill i can get some 99 nuke piece
If you're interested in Stoicheion, you can just put that in your set and call it a wrap. If you still wanted Uggalepih, here's how to do it:
That combines your existing check for magic bursting with equipping the pendant.
[+]
 Asura.Rinuko
By Asura.Rinuko 2015-06-25 04:13:09
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're interested in Stoicheion, you can just put that in your set and call it a wrap. If you still wanted Uggalepih, here's how to do it:
That combines your existing check for magic bursting with equipping the pendant.
I'm guessing i can use the same function for sorcerer's ring if that still a thing among today blm?
 Carbuncle.Akivatoo
Server: Carbuncle
user: Akivatoo
By Carbuncle.Akivatoo 2015-06-25 05:28:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Saevus Pendant +1 for lower tier nuke
By zaxtiss 2015-06-25 18:26:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm guessing i can use the same function for sorcerer's ring if that still a thing among today blm?

i thought GS couldn't check for Magic bursts can anyone post an example of a non motes function to do that? i dont use any of his GS files would be greatful would make so much more use out of some of my gear
 Seraph.Jacaut
Server: Seraph
user: Jacaut
By Seraph.Jacaut 2015-06-26 14:28:37
Link | Quote | Reply

can someone point to a spot that will explain how to set GS up with multiple augmented items. i tried http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/45821/pup-gearswap/ but i dont know where to put the info in exactly. i put it in where the other gear augments were but i just kept getting nil value errors. im stoopid when it comes to this kinda stuff so thanks in advance ^^
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2015-06-26 14:31:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Equip the gear you are interested in, then use //gs export

Go to the windower/addons/gearswap/export/ folder and open the created Lua file using a text editor. The piece of gear should be in there with the corresponding augment table.
 Seraph.Jacaut
By Seraph.Jacaut 2015-06-26 14:58:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
Equip the gear you are interested in, then use //gs export

Go to the windower/addons/gearswap/export/ folder and open the created Lua file using a text editor. The piece of gear should be in there with the corresponding augment table.

I got that far, its getting it into my .lua that i dont understand. i did exactly what that thread said to do, and it kept saying "taeon chapeau nil value" or something along those lines
 Fenrir.Divinian
Server: Fenrir
user: Divinian
By Fenrir.Divinian 2015-06-26 15:26:31
Link | Quote | Reply

In the "data" folder that stores your .lua job files, there should also be an "export" folder. Go into it and you should see a .lua file named by your character name and date/time. Open that up with notepad++ and you can then cut/paste the augmented item from the export file into your .lua job file.

Edit: oh and I always take the whole line, i.e. hands={blahblah, MAB +9001}, cut, then paste the whole line in my .lua, just to make sure I didn't make any mistakes or change any weird squiggles.
 Asura.Rinuko
By Asura.Rinuko 2015-06-26 16:10:36
Link | Quote | Reply

So I got the Sorcerer's Ring to work on < 76% hp

This may seem silly but in one of my older sc xml i had a command inout whenever I /heal (exemple input --- Resting gear ---) and likewise when got back up and it switched into idle/pdt set. - Is this possible in lua?

Current blm lua: http://pastebin.com/TZZKn4eE
 Seraph.Jacaut
By Seraph.Jacaut 2015-06-26 18:25:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Divinian said: »
In the "data" folder that stores your .lua job files, there should also be an "export" folder. Go into it and you should see a .lua file named by your character name and date/time. Open that up with notepad++ and you can then cut/paste the augmented item from the export file into your .lua job file.

Edit: oh and I always take the whole line, i.e. hands={blahblah, MAB +9001}, cut, then paste the whole line in my .lua, just to make sure I didn't make any mistakes or change any weird squiggles.

gahhh okay got it working with head, but when i do my feet at the end of a set it says expected to close'{' at line 169 ) near ')' and thats jibberish to me

last line looks like
feet={ name="Taeon Boots", augments={'"Mag.Atk.Bns."+9','"Triple Atk."+2',}})
 Bismarck.Speedyjim
Server: Bismarck
user: speedyjim
By Bismarck.Speedyjim 2015-06-27 00:03:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Jacaut said: »
Fenrir.Divinian said: »

gahhh okay got it working with head, but when i do my feet at the end of a set it says expected to close'{' at line 169 ) near ')' and thats jibberish to me

last line looks like
That should mean that you missing an open bracket somewhere, so the ")" at line 169 isn't closing anything.

Kindly link your lua and somebody will find it.
 Bismarck.Speedyjim
Server: Bismarck
user: speedyjim
By Bismarck.Speedyjim 2015-06-27 00:05:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Looking for help with my MNK.lua as it isn't equipping my Bhikku Cyclas +1 when Impetus is up. Any help is appreciated. My gear sets are in a sidecar.
 Asura.Rinuko
By Asura.Rinuko 2015-06-27 04:00:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Seems like my gs wont switch back to idle set today. (Worked yesterday before all crashes)

edit: Testing in battle, seem only skip switching back to idle when in town
 Asura.Cambion
user: Cambion
By Asura.Cambion 2015-06-27 05:00:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Jacaut said: »
last line looks like

There are 5 brackets in that line. I assume it should always be an even number.

Copy/Paste from my own lua:
hands={ name="Taeon Gloves", augments={'"Waltz" potency +5%',}}

Looks like the very last ) of yours shouldn't be there.
Unless it's part of a set_combine? in which case we need to see more than what you gave us.
First Page 2 3 ... 66 67 68 ... 181 182 183