New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Windower » Support » Gearswap Support Thread
Gearswap Support Thread
First Page 2 3 ... 65 66 67 ... 181 182 183
By anderxero 2015-06-04 04:04:59
Link | Quote | Reply

So, after a long hiatus, I return to FFXI and Spellcast (which I continued using even after it became unsupported) is broken, so I finally made the move to GearSwap and modified one of the example xmls to get started while I learn what I'm doing.
For the most part it works, but whenever I zone from West Adoulin into Ceizak, I get this error message:
"GearSwap"Equip command cannot be completed. That set does not exist."
I have no idea what set it's trying to equip, so I looked thru the file and found a reference to "sets.aftercast.Engaged" (line 255) and no set of that name. So I added a set (lines 182-197), but the error message still happens. Hopefully someone can tell me what I'm missing.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2015-06-04 07:02:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Try changing in your sets, sets.aftercast.engaged to sets.aftercast.Engaged

only thing I can see. That shouldn't really be doing anything though, since you are zoning and that means you shouldn't even be trying to equip that set.

Have you turned on debug mode? Can't remember how to do that, been too long since I have played.
By anderxero 2015-06-04 17:10:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Hm... I tried making that change, but it didn't get rid of the error. I can't see anywhere that it references in town or out of town either. Overall, it doesn't effect anything that I've noticed though, so not too big of a deal. lol
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-06-04 17:35:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Well I'm confused, I loaded your lua file onto my character and got no errors.
By anderxero 2015-06-06 03:00:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I wonder if it's giving that message because it's attempting to put on my idle gear before my inventory has loaded (it usually takes about 15seconds after I'm loaded into an area before my inventory fills up).

In other news... I read somewhere, something about a program that can convert a Spellcast file into one usable by GearSwap... does that exist? Where would I find such a thing?

Edit: I found the Windower sc2lua... it didn't work for my lua though.
 Bismarck.Alkalinescissor
Server: Bismarck
user: alkyalky
By Bismarck.Alkalinescissor 2015-06-06 11:38:10
Link | Quote | Reply

How does one write multiple pet augments onto a piece of gear (Taeon)? Where does the 'Pet:' go ?
By anderxero 2015-06-06 12:10:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I decided to take the plunge and try using a much more complex GS file. I think it's one of Moten's (came from the Kinematics page that is referenced in a document in the GS/libs folder).

I found some lines of the equipment sets with "gear.ElementalGorget" and "gear.ElementalBelt".

Are these defined in one of the companion files* or something I have to define somewhere on my own (if so, where).

*mote-include, mote-globals, etc.
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Pancakesandsx 2015-06-08 19:19:49
Link | Quote | Reply

This is my thf lua

http://pastebin.com/JJLZB1X6

I'm having trouble with mug steal and despoil not swapping into aftercast. I turned on debug and it seems like it's not even hitting aftercast when I mug for hp or despoil for tp. If I press my macro again while the recast is not up, then it hits aftercast.

Thoughts?
 Bismarck.Inference
Server: Bismarck
user: Inference
By Bismarck.Inference 2015-06-08 20:55:22
Link | Quote | Reply

anderxero said: »
I decided to take the plunge and try using a much more complex GS file. I think it's one of Moten's (came from the Kinematics page that is referenced in a document in the GS/libs folder).

I found some lines of the equipment sets with "gear.ElementalGorget" and "gear.ElementalBelt".

Are these defined in one of the companion files* or something I have to define somewhere on my own (if so, where).

*mote-include, mote-globals, etc.

Mote-Mappings has associative arrays for elemental information, and Mote-Utility has the processes which make sense out of it. The mappings already have all Gorget/Belt/Obi names set up.

gear.ElementalSlot will return proper belt/gorget(looks like the function returns a table and then it runs through it until it finds one that's in your inventory/wadrobe). If it can't find it, it will try to use gear.default.weaponskill_slot. If you left that undefined it returns nothing i.e you do not switch equipment for that slot.
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
Server: Lakshmi
user: Rooks
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-06-08 21:00:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Alkalinescissor said: »
How does one write multiple pet augments onto a piece of gear (Taeon)? Where does the 'Pet:' go ?

If you want to verify how something is written out, equip it and run //gs export. It will write out a file with your equipped gear in a set, with full augments as it expects them, so you can copy/paste that in to your sets.
[+]
By defu 2015-06-09 06:58:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Apologies if this mentioned somewhere prior in this massive thread.

Is there something I need to do to make it so my binds in my .lua work? Specifically, any of them that are either ctrl or alt related...when I push them it just brings up my macro bar and doesn't actually do anything (like change modes or whatever is called out in the lua)

Any help here?
By anderxero 2015-06-09 21:30:47
Link | Quote | Reply

So... I got Mote's BLU lua working for me, but I didn't see one for DRK listed on the Kinematics page. If someone has a good one for DRK, please PM it to me (or post it).

I found this one somewhere, but when I attempt to load it, it gives me an error message:

"GearSwap has detected an error in the user function get_sets:
"...windower4/addons/GearSwap/Data/DRK.lua:39: Attempt to index field 'Defense' (a nil value)"

Line 39 is: state.Defense.PhysicalMode = {'PDT'}

Here's the full lua:
 Quetzalcoatl.Orestes
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Orestes78
By Quetzalcoatl.Orestes 2015-06-10 10:52:51
Link | Quote | Reply

So... I got Mote's BLU lua working for me, but I didn't see one for DRK listed on the Kinematics page. If someone has a good one for DRK, please PM it to me (or post it).

I found this one somewhere, but when I attempt to load it, it gives me an error message:

"GearSwap has detected an error in the user function get_sets:
"...windower4/addons/GearSwap/Data/DRK.lua:39: Attempt to index field 'Defense' (a nil value)"

Line 39 is: state.Defense.PhysicalMode = {'PDT'}

Here's the full lua:

You can safely delete line 39.

I have a DRK lua, but it's heavily customized for me. You can try it if you like. here
 Asura.Vafruvant
Server: Asura
user: Vafruvant
By Asura.Vafruvant 2015-06-10 15:33:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Pancakesandsx said: »
This is my thf lua

http://pastebin.com/JJLZB1X6

I'm having trouble with mug steal and despoil not swapping into aftercast. I turned on debug and it seems like it's not even hitting aftercast when I mug for hp or despoil for tp. If I press my macro again while the recast is not up, then it hits aftercast.

Thoughts?
Though I'm not familiar with that style of GS and am more apt with Mote's, you have a "sets.aftercast.JA = {}", and since that's blank, it won't swap gear out from what you would currently have on. Imagine if you had sets.TP.normal = {}, it wouldn't equip anything when changing from Idle. That being said, you will probably want to remove that and put in some sort of command in your function aftercast(spell) to detect JAs and equip the appropriate gear, like you have the generic rule for now. You could try, though it may not work since I'm not familiar with the raw coding:
Code
function aftercast(spell)
        if spell.type == 'JobAbility' then
                if player.status == 'Engaged' then
                        equip(sets.TP[TP_Set_Names[TP_Index]])
                else
                        equip(sets.idle[Idle_Set_Names[Idle_Index]])
                end
        end
end
By Sylph.Pancakesandsx 2015-06-11 08:36:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I wrote it myself from scratch, it's not based on motes or anything.

sets.aftercast.JA is defined but not called anywhere. I defined it pre-emptively so that I could later added something like sets.aftercast.JA.Bully or something if I wanted to. I'll try commenting it out and see what happens but I don't see why that would make a difference if it's not actually referenced in my aftercast function.

I turned on debug in gs and it seems that when mug, despoil, or steal go off it's not actually performing the aftercast function at all. Pressing my macro a second time before the recast is up DOES hit aftercast. I'm wondering if maybe I just need to make accommodations in midcast for when the JA's don't perform their primary functions (stealing items and gil) and are used to steal hp, tp, and buffs.
By anderxero 2015-06-11 18:17:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Next question: Is there a command I can input in game to lock a piece of gear? (I'm thinking, CP bonus cape... like "//gs lock back")
 Asura.Darvamos
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Darvamos 2015-06-11 18:28:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Next question: Is there a command I can input in game to lock a piece of gear? (I'm thinking, CP bonus cape... like "//gs lock back")
Very close you can disable/enable slots on the fly....
//gs disable back (won't let gs swap gear)
//gs enable back (lets gs start swapping again)
 Asura.Cambion
user: Cambion
By Asura.Cambion 2015-06-11 18:32:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually had the same question, posted it in another thread yesterday, but perhaps this is the better place.
My question is slightly different, but there's a work around included that might help you in the mean time.

Asura.Cambion said: »
Does anyone have the buff label for Capacity Ring? The EXP bonus, so I can use it to lock my back armor?

I tried including this:
sets.buff['Commitment'] = {back="Aptitude Mantle +1"}

Which usually means that as long as that 'buff' is active, it'll lock you into the stated gear piece. unfortunately I can't find the correct name of the buff. I tried multiple variations of Capacity/Experience/Commitment Bonus/Point/Points etc all to no avail.

I'm curious if either A: I have the buff name wrong, or B: it needs to be in the .lua file before receiving the buff, so that gear swap can pick it up, but I doubt that.

For the time being I created a work around for anyone curious:
Code
	-- Triggered by F10, used to lock Capacity Point Mantle for Exp Parties.
function job_state_change(stateField, newValue, oldValue)
    if stateField == 'Defense Mode' then
        if newValue == 'Physical' then
            disable('back')
        else
            enable('back')
        end
    end
end

And just used the built in 'defense mode' which I never use anyways, to lock the back piece. It works fine, but the OCD in me, wants to find/fix the 'proper' way to code it.
By anderxero 2015-06-11 18:46:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the enable/disable command info!

Ugh... after deleting line 39 as suggested above and inputting my gear, I finally left town and attempted to use the file, but got a face full of red text... So... unless someone who is better at this than I can fix it (which is almost anyone), I'm either going to find a new file to work from or see if I can't modify the functional BLU file that I have for DRK.
 Asura.Fiv
user: Gares
By Asura.Fiv 2015-06-11 18:49:13
Link | Quote | Reply

//gs disable slot(ring2, back, etc)
you can even bind it in your lua if you use it often enough to equip something and lock the slot, then another bind to enable it or //gs enable all.
Code
send_command('bind @` input /equip main "Tupsimati"; input /equip sub "Zuuxowu Grip"; gs disable main; gs disable sub;')

But generally you can just do it manually.
 Quetzalcoatl.Orestes
By Quetzalcoatl.Orestes 2015-06-11 22:23:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the enable/disable command info!

Ugh... after deleting line 39 as suggested above and inputting my gear, I finally left town and attempted to use the file, but got a face full of red text... So... unless someone who is better at this than I can fix it (which is almost anyone), I'm either going to find a new file to work from or see if I can't modify the functional BLU file that I have for DRK.

I didn't realize earlier, but your lua is using Mote's old style syntax, but for whatever reason is declaring mote_include_version = 2.

I updated it to syntax v2, but don't have time to test it. (should work) http://pastebin.com/jBZdF3Ts

If that doesn't work, try removing mote_include_version =2 from the get_sets() function. You'll get a warning, but it's pretty much harmless.
 Asura.Vafruvant
By Asura.Vafruvant 2015-06-11 23:16:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually had the same question, posted it in another thread yesterday, but perhaps this is the better place.
My question is slightly different, but there's a work around included that might help you in the mean time.

Does anyone have the buff label for Capacity Ring? The EXP bonus, so I can use it to lock my back armor?

I tried including this:
sets.buff['Commitment'] = {back="Aptitude Mantle +1"}

Which usually means that as long as that 'buff' is active, it'll lock you into the stated gear piece. unfortunately I can't find the correct name of the buff. I tried multiple variations of Capacity/Experience/Commitment Bonus/Point/Points etc all to no avail.

I'm curious if either A: I have the buff name wrong, or B: it needs to be in the .lua file before receiving the buff, so that gear swap can pick it up, but I doubt that.

For the time being I created a work around for anyone curious:
Code
	-- Triggered by F10, used to lock Capacity Point Mantle for Exp Parties.
function job_state_change(stateField, newValue, oldValue)
    if stateField == 'Defense Mode' then
        if newValue == 'Physical' then
            disable('back')
        else
            enable('back')
        end
    end
end

And just used the built in 'defense mode' which I never use anyways, to lock the back piece. It works fine, but the OCD in me, wants to find/fix the 'proper' way to code it.
I wrote up a small block that works pretty well automatically. You can always manually disable, but this works:
This will only work in Mote-based files, but I'm sure it could be tweaked to fit yours if it isn't. These two functions will check for Commitment (CP Bonus) and apply your set into idle and melee, respectively.

This won't, however, lock your back when casting spells, using JAs, etc. The way I work around that is by using Mote's job_precast and job_aftercast functions, like this:
You also need a check in function job_setup() like so:
Hope this helps!
[+]
By anderxero 2015-06-12 02:45:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you, Orestes!

Another question: On WS sets, does it make any difference if it's sets.precast or sets.midcast ? Should they be one or the other?

Currently when I have debug mode on, if I WS, it says it switches to precast sets, followed by midcast with a statement about none existing.

(Side note: I definitely like that with GearSwap I can have my equipment window up and type the commands for my actions and actually WATCH my gear change.)
 Quetzalcoatl.Orestes
By Quetzalcoatl.Orestes 2015-06-12 17:47:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Ws sets are all handled with sets.precast.WS unless you specify with something like sets.precast.WS['Resolution']. No need to midcast.
 Asura.Vafruvant
By Asura.Vafruvant 2015-06-12 20:36:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Another question: On WS sets, does it make any difference if it's sets.precast or sets.midcast ? Should they be one or the other?
It's precast; debug will always call a midcast set, but nothing affects WSs midcast so there are never sets for them. I just did some testing with Myrkr to verify values (since it returs a static amount based on MP/TP) and it checks that midcast is useless.
By anderxero 2015-06-12 21:55:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the answers (and testing)!

Hopefully, I'm nearing the final question: How do I tell gs to use my accuracy set instead of the default set? ("sets.engaged.Acc" instead of "sets.engaged")
 Asura.Vafruvant
By Asura.Vafruvant 2015-06-12 22:50:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the answers (and testing)!

Hopefully, I'm nearing the final question: How do I tell gs to use my accuracy set instead of the default set? ("sets.engaged.Acc" instead of "sets.engaged")
The full list can be viewed here but the key you need to press is F9.
By anderxero 2015-06-16 02:48:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Update: I found what the problem was that I had (several posts back) with Gearswap giving me this error:

"GearSwap"Equip command cannot be completed. That set does not exist."

It was AutoLockStyle attempting to call up "sets.lockstyle" (which didn't exist at the time).
 Sylph.Ashiya
user: Ashee
By Sylph.Ashiya 2015-06-18 23:24:36
Link | Quote | Reply

So on my BLM lua, I tried using this:
Code
-- Hachirin-No-Obi
function job_post_midcast(spell, action, spellMap, eventArgs)
    if spell.skill == 'Elemental Magic' then
        if spell.element == world.day_element or spell.element == world.weather_element then
            equip(sets.midcast['Elemental Magic'], {waist="Hachirin-No-Obi"})
        end
    elseif spell.skill == 'Healing Magic' then
        if spell.name:startswith('Cure') and world.day_element == 'Light' or world.weather_element == 'Light' then
            equip(sets.midcast.Cure, {waist="Hachirin-No-Obi"})
        end
    end
end

and placed it in the "Job specific hooks for standard casting events" Between two other functions. However, it seems like it's not working. The only way I could tell, was to open my equipment menu fast enough before the spell went off.

Also, I was thinking if this was better. It was posted by Shadowmeld on BGforums.

Note 2
Code
-- Elemental Mappings
-- if you want some control over whether to use the obi with one conflicting weather or not you could use logic similar to this...
elements = {}
elements.use_on_single_conflict = false
elements.strong_against = {['Fire'] = 'Ice', ['Earth'] = 'Thunder', ['Water'] = 'Fire', ['Wind'] = 'Earth', ['Ice'] = 'Wind', ['Thunder'] = 'Water', ['Light'] = 'Dark', ['Dark'] = 'Light'}
elements.weak_against = {['Fire'] = 'Water', ['Earth'] = 'Wind', ['Water'] = 'Thunder', ['Wind'] = 'Ice', ['Ice'] = 'Fire', ['Thunder'] = 'Earth', ['Light'] = 'Dark', ['Dark'] = 'Light'}

to go with...
Note 2
Code
-- Logic code for using obi
function use_obi(spell, equip_set)
	local use_obi = false

-- first check to see if any elemental obi rule matches
	if(S{world.day_element, world.weather_element}:contains(spell.element)) then

-- If at least one matches, try to find out if there is also a weak element involved
		if ( world.weather_element == elements.weak_against[spell.element] ) then

-- If weak weather is involved, but it is only single weather, check to see if use_on_single_conflict is set to true
			if ( world.weather_id % 2 == 0 and elements.use_on_single_conflict) then
				use_obi = true
			end

elseif (world.day_element == elements.weak_against[spell.element]) then

-- If weak day is involved check for double weather or single weather + use_on_single_conflict set to true
			if (world.weather_id % 2 == 1 or ( elements[use_on_single_conflict] and world.weather_id % 2 == 0) ) then
				use_obi = true
			end

end

end

if (use_obi) then
		equip_set = set_combine(equip_set, { waist = "Hachirin-No-Obi"})
	end

return equip_set
 Quetzalcoatl.Orestes
By Quetzalcoatl.Orestes 2015-06-19 09:30:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Ashiya said: »
So on my BLM lua, I tried using this:
Code
-- Hachirin-No-Obi
function job_post_midcast(spell, action, spellMap, eventArgs)
    if spell.skill == 'Elemental Magic' then
        if spell.element == world.day_element or spell.element == world.weather_element then
            equip(sets.midcast['Elemental Magic'], {waist="Hachirin-No-Obi"})
        end
    elseif spell.skill == 'Healing Magic' then
        if spell.name:startswith('Cure') and world.day_element == 'Light' or world.weather_element == 'Light' then
            equip(sets.midcast.Cure, {waist="Hachirin-No-Obi"})
        end
    end
end

and placed it in the "Job specific hooks for standard casting events" Between two other functions. However, it seems like it's not working. The only way I could tell, was to open my equipment menu fast enough before the spell went off.

Also, I was thinking if this was better. It was posted by Shadowmeld on BGforums.

Note 2
Code
-- Elemental Mappings
-- if you want some control over whether to use the obi with one conflicting weather or not you could use logic similar to this...
elements = {}
elements.use_on_single_conflict = false
elements.strong_against = {['Fire'] = 'Ice', ['Earth'] = 'Thunder', ['Water'] = 'Fire', ['Wind'] = 'Earth', ['Ice'] = 'Wind', ['Thunder'] = 'Water', ['Light'] = 'Dark', ['Dark'] = 'Light'}
elements.weak_against = {['Fire'] = 'Water', ['Earth'] = 'Wind', ['Water'] = 'Thunder', ['Wind'] = 'Ice', ['Ice'] = 'Fire', ['Thunder'] = 'Earth', ['Light'] = 'Dark', ['Dark'] = 'Light'}

to go with...
Note 2
Code
-- Logic code for using obi
function use_obi(spell, equip_set)
	local use_obi = false

-- first check to see if any elemental obi rule matches
	if(S{world.day_element, world.weather_element}:contains(spell.element)) then

-- If at least one matches, try to find out if there is also a weak element involved
		if ( world.weather_element == elements.weak_against[spell.element] ) then

-- If weak weather is involved, but it is only single weather, check to see if use_on_single_conflict is set to true
			if ( world.weather_id % 2 == 0 and elements.use_on_single_conflict) then
				use_obi = true
			end

elseif (world.day_element == elements.weak_against[spell.element]) then

-- If weak day is involved check for double weather or single weather + use_on_single_conflict set to true
			if (world.weather_id % 2 == 1 or ( elements[use_on_single_conflict] and world.weather_id % 2 == 0) ) then
				use_obi = true
			end

end

end

if (use_obi) then
		equip_set = set_combine(equip_set, { waist = "Hachirin-No-Obi"})
	end

return equip_set

Both examples are perfectly fine, but first thing... You should be using //gs showswaps to determine if gear is changing.

The first example assumes you're using Mote's includes, but I don't know that you are without seeing your entire lua. (on pastebin) If you are using Mote's includes, then I would go with this option.

The second example won't do anything at all by adding the code to your lua. He's giving you a function that does what you need, but you still need to call it. pastebin your lua and i'll show you how to add it. (if you don't use mote's)
First Page 2 3 ... 65 66 67 ... 181 182 183