Trust Ciphers!
First Page 2 3 ... 17 18 19 ... 70 71 72
 Asura.Karbuncle
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2014-02-23 17:44:59
Link | Quote | Reply

IDK if its been reported, but Naja's "Peacebreaker" seems to have an additional effect of making the enemy take heavily increased damage, or a HUGE defense nerf.

I was fighting a Chapuli, and Naja used peacebreaker on it. From the chat log before peacebreaker on other chapuli, the averages were about...

Naja: 120~170
Nanaa: 100~150
Mihli: 110~160

After peacebreaker, Naja hit for 480 damage, Nanaa was hitting for 250+, and Mihli 400~ or so.

So either its a massive defense nerf, or straight up damage multiplier. Either way, its ridiculously significant, very very potent and useful, though seems to have a Low proc rate

Edit: - seems to double the damage from Quick Draw as well, so, I'm thinking its reducing their resistances entirely, either major DEF/Mdef Nerfs, or Enemy Damage taken +100%.
[+]
 Asura.Slugman
user: Sluggo
By Asura.Slugman 2014-02-23 18:19:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Gameesh said: »
Haha, Gadalar is so... strange. He does melee but it's nothing extraordinary and he ONLY uses -ga magic. And only fire-based at that. He managed to kill himself faster then Shantotto. Bravo!

If you pay attention to every cutscene hes involved in, it makes sense.

Also, someone mentioned the mission to get him is interesting, so are the other general quests too. i didnt even realize the footwork i did till much later, plus you get some gold, pretty fulfilling.
By ScaevolaBahamut 2014-02-23 18:50:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know what I like more: that SE was okay with going ahead and making Gadalar a joke NPC or that we all just sort of agree it's better this way.
 Asura.Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2014-02-23 18:52:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, can confirm now, "Peacebreaker" has an added effect that doubles the damage the enemy takes.

Quick Draw did 277 before, about 543 after with my crappy bullets.

Played around a bit longer, with a better gun, Quick Draw did 837 before, and about 1680 after.

Melee hits also are doubled round-about.
 Asura.Slugman
By Asura.Slugman 2014-02-23 20:05:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Karbuncle said: »
Well, can confirm now, "Peacebreaker" has an added effect that doubles the damage the enemy takes.

Played around a bit longer, with a better gun, Quick Draw did 837 before, and about 1680 after.

Now to go play the numbers game on some poor qutrub or something to see veres aftermath.
 Asura.Slugman
By Asura.Slugman 2014-02-23 21:48:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Slugman said: »

Now to go play the numbers game on some poor qutrub or something to see veres aftermath.

Way more annoying than it sounds thanks to random ws selection similar to fellow npc, but she hits hard with that club (like in the c/s rite lol!)

crit on the sweet qutrubs with AM is 9596, sorry for no screen, ill get it next time the internet works... or not, im satisified.
edit, she also has DA
 Asura.Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2014-02-23 21:52:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Thats amusing, so you can also confirm for me its about ~100% Damage taken on the enemy yah?
 Asura.Slugman
By Asura.Slugman 2014-02-23 22:33:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Thats amusing, so you can also confirm for me its about ~100% Damage taken on the enemy yah?
i cannot, i can only confirm dmg taken by qutrubs after peacemaker with aftermath. its not quite as static as QD or something.
 Valefor.Oxt
Server: Valefor
user: oxt77
By Valefor.Oxt 2014-02-26 13:37:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Source
 Valefor.Oxt
By Valefor.Oxt 2014-02-26 20:59:45
Link | Quote | Reply

SE.Camate said: »
In the March version update we will be making it possible to challenge certain mission battlefields with Trust alter egos, which will include up to the rank 5 mission for the three nations storylines as well as up to chapter 4 of the Chains of Promathia mission line.

Additionally, we are currently working on adjustments so that alter egos can be summoned in Wings of the Goddess areas, which will enable you to use them in campaign battles, and this will be implemented in the March or April version update.

Source
By Xavierr 2014-02-27 06:52:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Having trouble getting Clarion Star to take the Naja cipher. Is there something else that needs to be done besides having the cipher?
[+]
 Valefor.Oxt
By Valefor.Oxt 2014-02-27 08:30:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Xavierr said: »
Having trouble getting Clarion Star to take the Naja cipher. Is there something else that needs to be done besides having the cipher?

So you've attempted to trade the Cipher: Naja to one of the following:

Gondebaud - Southern San d’Oria - (L-6)

Clarion Star - Port Bastok - (K-7)

Wetata - Windurst Woods - (G-10)

And it's still not letting you acquire Naja?
 Quetzalcoatl.Waffless
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Waff
By Quetzalcoatl.Waffless 2014-02-27 08:40:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Have you actually started the quest beyond the first cs/gotten any of the other ciphers yet? If not that's your problem.
By Xavierr 2014-02-27 08:43:21
Link | Quote | Reply

This is the only trust that I currently do not have so yes I've done the starting quest. I've tried to trade the cipher to all 3 of the trust NPCs and it does absolutely nothing, no dialogue at all.
 Valefor.Oxt
By Valefor.Oxt 2014-02-27 08:51:44
Link | Quote | Reply

This is the only trust that I currently do not have so yes I've done the starting quest. I've tried to trade the cipher to all 3 of the trust NPCs and it does absolutely nothing, no dialogue at all.

Hmm, I know people have been having problems summoning Naja after acquiring so I'm wondering if this is at all related.

The only thing I can maybe think of - try login in the game without any plugins/addons and try trading the NPC then. It's worth a shot.
By Xavierr 2014-02-27 08:57:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Tried without windower and same thing. Clarion does mention Gadalar but I know people that have Naja and do not have Gadalar so I'm thinking it's not that.
 Valefor.Oxt
By Valefor.Oxt 2014-02-27 09:11:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm, I'm not sure sir :/
By Xavierr 2014-02-27 09:17:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Guess I'l call a GM. Maybe theres a bug with the system. Thx for the help
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jarvick
Server: Ragnarok
user: Krichtan
By Ragnarok.Jarvick 2014-02-27 10:17:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Sweet, using Trust in Campaign Battles will be nice. I can't wait :D
[+]
 Lakshmi.Eyrhika
Server: Lakshmi
user: Eyrhika
By Lakshmi.Eyrhika 2014-02-27 11:25:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you have to be to a certain point in ToAU missions to trade it and get her? I could see them letting you buy it, but have to be so far before you can trade
 Valefor.Oxt
By Valefor.Oxt 2014-02-27 11:30:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Eyrhika said: »
Do you have to be to a certain point in ToAU missions to trade it and get her? I could see them letting you buy it, but have to be so far before you can trade

It looks like he's at Aht Urhgan Mission 48: Eternal Mercenary so I don't know if that's it.

Ragnarok.Jarvick
Server: Ragnarok
user: Krichtan
By Ragnarok.Jarvick 2014-02-27 12:24:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't really gotten far at all with ToAU and I didn't have any problems with getting her and using her.
 Valefor.Oxt
By Valefor.Oxt 2014-03-03 15:30:31
Link | Quote | Reply

SE.Camate said: »
Greetings!

We've been seeing some feedback mentioning that when fighting high level monsters, Trust alter egos' accuracy and attack power felt somewhat low and would not rise above a certain value.

The stats on alter egos have been slightly scaled back at the upper echelons of item levels. Originally, Trust alter egos were developed to aid low level adventurers and for when adventuring solo, so if you are out fighting against strong enemies in Outer Ra’Kaznar, you may feel accuracy or other stats are a bit lacking.

However, we understand that you would like to use alter egos even at the high levels and we checked up on some tips to make it easier to use your alter ego.

1.Procure equipment with high item levels
Trust alter ego stats reference the average item level of your equipment. Due to this, instead of worrying about individual parameters, just wearing equipment with higher item levels will boost the stats of the alter egos you use. To give you an example, if you go from wearing two pieces of item level 109 equipment and then trade them out for two pieces of 117 equipment from Records of Eminence, the alter ego’s accuracy will increase close to 10%.

2.Utilize support effects
Trust alter egos are treated the same was as if they were another player in your party, so all support effects such as spells, songs, and rolls can be applied to them. By applying these buffs to support-type alter egos or those with a support-type support job, their accuracy will increase further.

Though for the future, we are currently looking into elements that will allow you to boost the special characteristics of Trust alter egos, which will also in turn increase their stats.

Source
 Phoenix.Gameesh
Server: Phoenix
user: Gameesh
By Phoenix.Gameesh 2014-03-07 16:46:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I wonder who we're getting next update. Site mentions 2 from Aht Urgahn, 1 from Adoulin and 1 from Ru'lude gardens.

Naphmau, Zazarg, .. the two other Generals whose names I ALWAYS forget, Raubaht come to mind for Aht Urgahn.

I haven't done too many Adoulin missions so I can't say anything about that one.

Ru'lude gardens is really interesting because there aren't that many famous NPC's in the area (if you don't count cutscenes). The only one that jumps to mind straight away is... Maat :o

Then there's an extra NPC from the new log-in campaign too.

Add the fact they'll give Trust NPC's dialog during fights next update (you can filter this if you want to) I'm pretty excited about the new Trust-related content coming our way in March.
 Siren.Kentai
Server: Siren
user: Kentai713
By Siren.Kentai 2014-03-07 16:53:26
Link | Quote | Reply

For Aht Urghan I think one of them will be Nashmiera, since her picture was featured with one of the update announcements. The other could be one of the other 3 Serpent Generals; Rughadjeen, Najelith, or Zazarg. I'm hoping it's Najelith since I'd like to see how a rng trust would perform, and her Typonnic Arrow ws looks awesome.

Ru Lude Gardens I think will be Maat like the person above me stated.

Not sure about East Adoulin... I probably need to get done with the missions just in case it turns out to be Arciela. I bet it will be someone else though, since they'd probably save her for when the mission line is completed.
 Diabolos.Raelia
Server: Diabolos
user: Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2014-03-09 20:09:41
Link | Quote | Reply

So am I completely cockblocked on getting the good NPCs because I missed a four day event?
 Shiva.Onorgul
Server: Shiva
user: Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2014-03-09 21:25:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Raelia said: »
So am I completely cockblocked on getting the good NPCs because I missed a four day event?
For right now, yes. There has been talk of opening up missed Alter Egos at some point in the future and SE would be insane not to do so. But you're SOL for the moment.
By Jetackuu 2014-03-09 21:26:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I want Lion on all 3 of my characters /sulk
 Phoenix.Gameesh
Server: Phoenix
user: Gameesh
By Phoenix.Gameesh 2014-03-10 04:56:15
Link | Quote | Reply

YES!!!

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/40599

Zazarg :D
Extremely happy ^^

Shame I can't get Nashmeira since I didn't finish Aht Urgahn yet :/
 Leviathan.Krysten
Server: Leviathan
user: Krysten
By Leviathan.Krysten 2014-03-10 05:03:19
Link | Quote | Reply

going to assume nashimera wont have her automations huh?
First Page 2 3 ... 17 18 19 ... 70 71 72