Trust Ciphers!
First Page 2 3 4 ... 70 71 72
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2013-12-14 14:53:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Was doing the Vermin killer objective for RoE, and noticed that Nanaa and Zeid were doing fairly decent dmg for companions on SoA mobs:

Nanaa also has Triple Attack, dont know if thats been mentioned/observed.

Zeid also has drain II.

*Also Zeid will not cast Aspir if the mob does not have MP.
 Asura.Ackeronll
Server: Asura
user: Ackeron
By Asura.Ackeronll 2013-12-14 14:57:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Just want to point out KCC from Nanaa is AoE lol. She can be a bad thing if you are attacking stuff in a group of non-aggressive mobs.
By playzthegame 2013-12-14 15:22:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Looks like a good thread to post my findinds after playing with Trust for a bit. Forgive name mispellings.

2 best DPS trust characters are Nana Migho and Naji. They appear to have most/all passive traits up to 99.

Naji- Warrior uses provoke. Frequently double attacks. Uses Vorpal Blade, Red lotus Blade and Burning Blade. Also has fencer, his crit rate was around 30%. Regular attacks are slashing.

Nana Migho- Thief has triple attack and seems to also give gilfinder/Treasure hunter. Uses wasp sting, dancing edge, and king cobra clamp which is conal and has distortion trait (made darkness off it with stardiver).Regualre attacks are piercing.

Next are the 2 plds which i dont care much for. The AI is not good for much as they hardly hold hate off my sch while only auto attacking.

Curilla- Paladin Uses flash and sentinel. Also casts low level self cures 1-3. Uses Red lotus, Swift blade, and i think Vorpal as well.

Excemille (sp?) paladin same as Curilla but slightly more powerful against piercing weak mobs. Uses Penta thrust, double thrust, and leg sweep.Regular attacks are piercing.

The next 2 while technically damage dealer jobs are weaker than Naji and Nana on my parsing.

Ayame- Samurai has store TP, Zanshin, tends to skillchain with others and you. Uses tachi goten, enpi, and jinpu. Its her lack of powerful WS that make her weaker than the others. Regular attacks are slashing.

Zeid- Dark Knight Casts Tier 3 nukes, Uses Absorb Tp, Str, Vit as well as Drain/Aspir II. I suspect gets attack bonus since his reg hits do more than ayame. Uses ground strike, freezebite, powerslash WS. He also has TP moves that eat his tp Such as Absyyeal Drain and Abyseal Strike, but they leave him with 0 tp. His dps is lower because he spends much of his time casting. Regular attacks are slashing.

Zupipi- White mage Really decent healer on the ball with all -na spells for status removal. Will pro/shell the party and all other npcs and casts slow/paralyze. Uses moonlight to restore minimal mp. Regular attacks are blunt.

In conclusion the setup i prefer at this time is kupipi, nana, and naji. Seems to provide the most benifit. But as Trust seems to be just for fun anyhow, play with whoever you enjoy the most.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2013-12-14 15:28:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm finding that if the player is Melee oriented, that Kupipi and Zeid are really good with respect to Debuffing the mobs.

for example: Kupipi will paralyze and slow, Zeid will absorb Vit and absorb STR. Which makes life as a melee job enjoyable.
[+]
 Leviathan.Nitenichi
Server: Leviathan
user: camaroz
By Leviathan.Nitenichi 2013-12-14 15:38:08
Link | Quote | Reply

The best setup for healing Kupipi, Excenmille and Curilla. Those three you will be able to get around 30 merits (while double xp is up and RoE) in Kamihr on rabbits + raez in roughly 30 mins~ on Samurai. Usually can get up to chain 8 around I-11 J10.
By Darkvlade 2013-12-14 16:14:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello, can anyone tell me why i cant cast trust excenmille im rank10 sandy hero, this is the first one i got and went to west/east ronfaure and nada, anyone had experienced something similar?

Still not able to cast it from magic spell list, just shows in red
By Ferno 2013-12-14 16:19:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Darkvlade you just need to step outside and summon eximelle and them return to the quest giver in south sandy to complete quest. You can't get curilla because your first trust quest is still up
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2013-12-14 16:19:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Darkvlade said: »
Hello, can anyone tell me why i cant cast trust excenmille im rank10 sandy hero, this is the first one i got and went to west/east ronfaure and nada, anyone had experienced something similar?

He is in North Sandy by the gate to Western Ronfaure. You just got to talk to him. If its your first Trust quest, then zone out to Ronfaure and cast him after the CS, then return to him to complete it.

All the others you should learn upon talking to them after the first one.
By Darkvlade 2013-12-14 16:22:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I got the excenmille spell in magic list but when trying to cast it either in west or east ron, nothing happens
By Darkvlade 2013-12-14 16:23:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Im gonna try to relog in a few maybe that will help
By Ophannus 2013-12-14 17:28:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Can't cast while in combat, only while no mobs are aggroing you.

Also I wish trusts were less casty... Zeid like never stops casting. He opens every fight with Absorb-STR->Absorb-VIT->Absorb-TP->random T3 Nuke->Aspir II->Melee Hit(by this time ur mob is probably dead)
By Darkvlade 2013-12-14 18:51:57
Link | Quote | Reply

K relogged, not engaged to any mob, still unable to cast it is there any procedure to cast it other than click it, this thingie is ridiculous
By Darkvlade 2013-12-14 19:13:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Found the issue, can't be in party ..... Thank you guys and girls.
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2013-12-14 20:14:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Ophannus said: »

Also I wish trusts were less casty... Zeid like never stops casting. He opens every fight with Absorb-STR->Absorb-VIT->Absorb-TP->random T3 Nuke->Aspir II->Melee Hit(by this time ur mob is probably dead)
The way they cast makes me fear BRD partners, god I hope they make some way for us to ask Ulmia to give us Marches not carols or madrigal.
 Sylph.Dasanuffadat
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Dasanuffadat 2013-12-14 20:53:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Demonjustin said: »

The way they cast makes me fear BRD partners, god I hope they make some way for us to ask Ulmia to give us Marches not carols or madrigal.
Doubt they'd be that nice to us haha.

Currently we have:
3 tanks (2PLD, 1WAR)
3 fighter (1DRK, 1SAM, 1THF)
1 healer (WHM)

Ciphers exist for:
1 tank (Valaineral PLD)
2 fighers (Lion THF or NIN?, Tenzen SAM)
1-2 healers (Mihli WHM, possibly Joachim (wears Marduk gear))

But who knows they might. But I doubt Ulmia would want to fight anyway >.> I could see us getting Prishe as a MNK though.
 Asura.Karbuncle
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2013-12-14 20:57:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Dasanuffadat said: »

Doubt they'd be that nice to us haha.

Currently we have:
3 tanks (2PLD, 1WAR)
3 fighter (1DRK, 1SAM, 1THF)
1 healer (WHM)

Ciphers exist for:
1 tank (Valaineral PLD)
2 fighers (Lion THF or NIN?, Tenzen SAM)
1-2 healers (Mihli WHM, possibly Joachim (wears Marduk gear))

But who knows they might. But I doubt Ulmia would want to fight anyway >.> I could see us getting Prishe as a MNK though.

They've already mentioned that all the main female protagonists from the expansions will be made available through trust... so Prishe is a done deal. (Its in either a Dev response or a Matsui post or some crap, i just remember reading it on the OF recently)

So Lion, Prishe, Dancerlady, NewSoAperson...

So theres that to look forward too... I'm personally holding out for my dream team... Mikhe, Nanaa, and Naja :D

Cause Mithra
 Sylph.Dasanuffadat
By Sylph.Dasanuffadat 2013-12-14 21:11:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Karbuncle said: »

They've already mentioned that all the main female protagonists from the expansions will be made available through trust... so Prishe is a done deal. (Its in either a Dev response or a Matsui post or some crap, i just remember reading it on the OF recently)

So Lion, Prishe, Dancerlady, NewSoAperson...

So theres that to look forward too... I'm personally holding out for my dream team... Mikhe, Nanaa, and Naja :D

Cause Mithra

Oh very interesting. Wonder how they'll handle Aphmau being a PUP that commands 2 automatons o.O? Would be kind of neat having Lilisette but I'm a DNC myself >.< darn haha. Also is Arciela's job known? Wiki has a verification on RDM but I was really thinking they'd make her a RUN. I wouldn't mind a RUN in my solo adventures against certain monsters!
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2013-12-14 21:13:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Joachim i believe is a bard?
 Asura.Karbuncle
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2013-12-14 21:14:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I think he is a BRD... I know he uses h2h though.
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2013-12-14 23:38:26
Link | Quote | Reply

This post is the one that mentions them adding the heroine from each expansion, including SoA. Its also important to mention they said in this post, that in the second half of this month we will be getting Shantotto, Trion, Volker, and Ajido-Marujido as well, which sounds like a BLM, PLD, WAR, and BLM? Either way, besides that though, Joachim has a harp in the dats I believe, which would point toward BRD. That, and Ulmia likely being included in this later on among other NPCs, is why I mentioned the whole BRD thing. While I do think its unlikely, if they want this system to flourish, there are a few smaller things and larger things they can do to improve it a ton, BRDs doing Marches, would be one of those.
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2013-12-15 07:27:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Gonna try morphing this into the official Trust thread, changed OP, didn't add details yet, will look through the thread when I wake up later and fill in what I can from everyone's info here as well as whatever I find out on my own, if ya can think of any extra categories that should be added or wanna try to slim down the info for me to throw in the OP tomorrow that would be great.
 Phoenix.Molloy
user: molloy
By Phoenix.Molloy 2013-12-15 08:01:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't know if anyone else has noticed, but Nanaa Mihgo can use Dancing Edge much earlier than the level she should be able to get it. At level 32 she's using it every other WS.

EDIT: Actually, it's likely that, as they all get 3 WSs each, the second one is unlocked at level 30 no matter what it is. I say this because I haven't seen KCC yet, and before 30 she was only using Wasp Sting.
 Fenrir.Boomslang
Server: Fenrir
user: neoyukio
By Fenrir.Boomslang 2013-12-15 08:23:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm so stoked to see Naji in this list. He was my submission for the 'best NPC in Vana' contest they had a while back. Much love for Bastok's premier doorman.
By Ophannus 2013-12-15 09:30:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Hope they flesh out some of them. Naji provokes but he uses crappy elemental WS, Nanaa Mihgo seems kind of weak too. I hope they give them all more JAs, Ayame needs Hasso/Meditate, Naji needs Berserk/Retaliation, Nanaa Mihgo needs Sneak Attack/Trick Attack, Zeid needs Last Resort. They're adding another PLD but Curilla and Excenmille are enough(theyre virtually identical, same spells etc...) I can see them adding a BLU NPC but I fear he'd just cast mid-level spells i.e Wild Oats, Mandibular Bite, Ice Break, Sickle Slash, Radiant Breath etc..
 Siren.Dimmahk
Server: Siren
user: dimmahk
By Siren.Dimmahk 2013-12-15 09:41:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Can you d box the cipher. From char to char under same account?
By Sommer 2013-12-15 12:52:06
Link | Quote | Reply

playzthegame said: »
Nana Migho- Thief has triple attack and seems to also give gilfinder/Treasure hunter. Uses wasp sting, dancing edge, and king cobra clamp which is conal and has distortion trait (made darkness off it with stardiver).Regualre attacks are piercing.

Also starts light

I closed with upheaval and got light as well
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2013-12-15 17:32:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, filled out what info I could find in the OP, did I miss anything? And is there a way I can change the Thread name to 'Trust NPC Guide' or some such? :x
 Sylph.Dasanuffadat
By Sylph.Dasanuffadat 2013-12-16 12:49:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, filled out what info I could find in the OP, did I miss anything? And is there a way I can change the Thread name to 'Trust NPC Guide' or some such? :x
Zeid can cast Tier III nukes as well. I've only noticed Stone and Fire so far being III.

Haven't seen Cur/Ex use anything higher than Cure II myself.

Kupi can cast all -na's as well as Erase. She uses Protectra V and Shellra V at 99+, never seen any lower (I'm sure they exist though) and never seen single target versions.
By Sommer 2013-12-16 13:46:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I've seen Ex use cure IV when he got real low a couple times.
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2013-12-16 16:47:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Fixed those, and I think its safe to assume they have any previous tiers of spells, we just don't see them because we are past those levels.
First Page 2 3 4 ... 70 71 72