Trust Ciphers!
First Page 2 3 ... 16 17 18 ... 70 71 72
 Ragnarok.Jarvick
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Krichtan
By Ragnarok.Jarvick 2014-02-19 05:24:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone know if they have fixed the issue where the Trust NPC's completely ignore your fellow? I haven't used my fellow lately, was wondering if hey had changed that.
 Phoenix.Frankbrodie
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Frankbrodie 2014-02-19 07:14:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Gadalar is the first one I'm having to do the actual quests to get.
I had never done any of those quests. So I'm starting at the Saga of the Skyserpent one.

Be nice to actually run around the areas again. With a motley crew of 3 trusts watching my back :)
 Leviathan.Syagin
Server: Leviathan
user: Kerron
By Leviathan.Syagin 2014-02-19 07:38:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Jarvick said: »
Anyone know if they have fixed the issue where the Trust NPC's completely ignore your fellow? I haven't used my fellow lately, was wondering if hey had changed that.
Are you saying that you can't call your NPC when Trusts are out?
 Leviathan.Tribalprophet
By Leviathan.Tribalprophet 2014-02-19 08:10:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Syagin said: »

Sounds like he's talking about the trust WHMs letting fellows die.
 Valefor.Oxt
Server: Valefor
user: oxt77
By Valefor.Oxt 2014-02-19 08:10:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Syagin said: »

I think he means like when Trust NPCs sing songs your regular NPC doesn't get them. Or the Trust NPCs don't cast cures on your regular NPC.

@Jarvick - I'm sorry I haven't tested since the update.
 Valefor.Oxt
By Valefor.Oxt 2014-02-19 08:12:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Frankbrodie said: »
I had never done any of those quests. So I'm starting at the Saga of the Skyserpent one.

Be nice to actually run around the areas again. With a motley crew of 3 trusts watching my back :)

The quests to acquire Gadalar were very interesting. I rarely read the CS but I found myself really enjoying them. :)
 Fenrir.Atheryn
Server: Fenrir
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2014-02-19 08:28:39
Link | Quote | Reply

For the record, I learned the trust spells for Prishe and Ulmia last night without any difficulty.

I have completed CoP and Zilart, and have completed quests "Storms of Fate", "Shadows of the Departed" and "Apocalypse Nigh", which means that my last mission for CoP/Zilart is listed as "The Last Verse".

Has anyone managed to get Prishe/Ulmia without being on "The Last Verse"?
 Ragnarok.Jarvick
By Ragnarok.Jarvick 2014-02-19 09:23:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry, I meant that the Trust NPC's don't cure your fellow, their songs don't affect your fellow, and even when Kupippi would cast Protectra, it would not affect my fellow. It was like your fellow was non-existent to the Trust NPC's. I haven't tried partying with my fellow since the update. I was just curious if anyone had. I can try it tonight.
 Siren.Kentai
Server: Siren
user: Kentai713
By Siren.Kentai 2014-02-19 09:40:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I checked the official FFXI forum in the in-game bugs section and there was a thread started about the fellow/trust relationship. It appears that SE filed it into the "working as intended" section, unfortunately :/

Source: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/39934-Fellow-and-Trust-NPC-interaction

Seems like a pretty crappy reward for all the work we put into leveling our fellows to 99, plus the fact that they take exp away.
 Ragnarok.Jarvick
By Ragnarok.Jarvick 2014-02-19 09:48:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kentai said: »
I checked the official FFXI forum in the in-game bugs section and there was a thread started about the fellow/trust relationship. It appears that SE filed it into the "working as intended" section, unfortunately :/

Source: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/39934-Fellow-and-Trust-NPC-interaction

Seems like a pretty crappy reward for all the work we put into leveling our fellows to 99, plus the fact that they take exp away.
Man, what a bummer. That's very disappointing indeed. Definitely makes me not want to level with my fellow. At low levels, it's not a big deal, because even with the experience reduction, you can still level fairly quickly. Faster than my combat and magic skills I might add. However, once you get into the 60's, if you don't leech, it can slow down pretty good. Any kind of reduction just makes it that much worse...

Maybe if enough people complain about it, they will realize we care more about it than they originally thought :D
 Valefor.Oxt
By Valefor.Oxt 2014-02-19 10:12:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I apologize but the source you linked shows a response from another player Sylph.Zeargi that says

Quote:
As it stands, that's how it works. PUP Automatons won't heal them, I think that SMN can use Wards, but I'm not sure it wasn't because I was in a Rieve

If you could please link to an official response from Camate, Gildrein or Hvinire I would greatly appreciate it.
By Sieha1 2014-02-19 10:29:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Um... they have done this to relics and other hard to get items at the time, why not a foreveralone npc. Except worse, it would be like you couldnt even use your fellow at all.
 Leviathan.Cuddleslave
By Leviathan.Cuddleslave 2014-02-19 23:42:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Even with the emergency maintenance, I still can't get them... guess I gotta get to apoc nigh and beat it...
 Valefor.Oxt
By Valefor.Oxt 2014-02-19 23:54:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Cuddleslave said: »
Even with the emergency maintenance, I still can't get them... guess I gotta get to apoc nigh and beat it...

Super easy fight ^^
 Siren.Kentai
By Siren.Kentai 2014-02-20 10:02:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Oxt said: »
I checked the official FFXI forum in the in-game bugs section and there was a thread started about the fellow/trust relationship. It appears that SE filed it into the "working as intended" section, unfortunately :/ Source: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/39934-Fellow-and-Trust-NPC-interaction
I apologize but the source you linked shows a response from another player Sylph.Zeargi that says
Quote:
As it stands, that's how it works. PUP Automatons won't heal them, I think that SMN can use Wards, but I'm not sure it wasn't because I was in a Rieve
If you could please link to an official response from Camate, Gildrein or Hvinire I would greatly appreciate it.

I posted that link because of the fact that after viewing it in the "accepted bugs" section, it was moved by the admins to the "working as intended" section, implying that at the moment it is, as the section says, working as intended according to SE. Maybe I don't fully understand the official FFXI forums yet, but that's how I interpreted what I saw.
 Valefor.Oxt
By Valefor.Oxt 2014-02-20 10:05:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I checked the official FFXI forum in the in-game bugs section and there was a thread started about the fellow/trust relationship. It appears that SE filed it into the "working as intended" section, unfortunately :/ Source: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/39934-Fellow-and-Trust-NPC-interaction
Quote:

I posted that link because of the fact that after viewing it in the "accepted bugs" section, it was moved by the admins to the "working as intended" section, implying that at the moment it is, as the section says, working as intended according to SE. Maybe I don't fully understand the official FFXI forums yet, but that's how I interpreted what I saw.

Oh I see what you mean now ^^ TY
 Fenrir.Mewgoat
Server: Fenrir
user: mewgoat
By Fenrir.Mewgoat 2014-02-20 10:06:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Frankbrodie said: »

The quests to acquire Gadalar were very interesting. I rarely read the CS but I found myself really enjoying them. :)

It was a a nice change of pace, i forgotten how much i had liked the wg content
[+]
 Asura.Karbuncle
Server: Asura
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2014-02-20 12:25:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Perhaps its been reported. But Iron Eater will use "Restraint", and thats what triggers him to build 300% TP for Steel Cyclone. He also uses Berserk, and Provoke if you fall into Orange HP.

He also can hit for ~250-300 Damage on mobs in Foret, hes one of our better DD trusts, Steel Cyclone did ~2k on a Cracklaw (and it died from the hit, so coulda done more).

Just reposting this from my post on BG.
[+]
 Siren.Kentai
By Siren.Kentai 2014-02-20 13:09:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Oh I see what you mean now ^^ TY

^_^
By Fallfromgrace 2014-02-20 13:12:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Not that its a big deal but is Lion considered a THF and is there any evidence she may have treasure hunter?
 Asura.Ivykyori
user: ivykyori
By Asura.Ivykyori 2014-02-20 17:07:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Atheryn said: »
For the record, I learned the trust spells for Prishe and Ulmia last night without any difficulty.

I have completed CoP and Zilart, and have completed quests "Storms of Fate", "Shadows of the Departed" and "Apocalypse Nigh", which means that my last mission for CoP/Zilart is listed as "The Last Verse".

Has anyone managed to get Prishe/Ulmia without being on "The Last Verse"?

I did too, but I was not on "The Last Verse" when I did it. I only went to pick up the last CoP cutscene after the update (I did everything else before). Not sure why some people can get them and others can't.
 Quetzalcoatl.Sirtwitchalot
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Sirtwitchalot 2014-02-20 18:11:31
Link | Quote | Reply

You don't need the last CS. Just have to of completed the battle As I stated on the previous page. The last CS is what changes your mission log to The Last Verse.
 Phoenix.Gameesh
Server: Phoenix
user: Gameesh
By Phoenix.Gameesh 2014-02-20 18:40:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Haha, Gadalar is so... strange. He does melee but it's nothing extraordinary and he ONLY uses -ga magic. And only fire-based at that. He managed to kill himself faster then Shantotto. Bravo!
 Ragnarok.Jarvick
By Ragnarok.Jarvick 2014-02-21 06:30:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Karbuncle said: »
Perhaps its been reported. But Iron Eater will use "Restraint", and thats what triggers him to build 300% TP for Steel Cyclone. He also uses Berserk, and Provoke if you fall into Orange HP.

He also can hit for ~250-300 Damage on mobs in Foret, hes one of our better DD trusts, Steel Cyclone did ~2k on a Cracklaw (and it died from the hit, so coulda done more).

Just reposting this from my post on BG.

Iron Eater is pretty awesome. So far, he has outdone Ayami and Tenzen damage wise at low level (44). It's nice to have a good DD.
 Cerberus.Kyka
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Kyka 2014-02-21 19:34:34
Link | Quote | Reply

This is the dumbest thing ever for me, since I've been doing macros for 10 years now - but I'm having problems creating a macro for Naja and was wondering if anyone else was too. I've tried the following (the wait is because I have another ego I'm summoning on the next line AND it works with all my other macros)

/ma "Naja Salameem" <me> <wait 16>

/ma "Naja-Salameem" <me> <wait 16>

/ma "Naja" <me> <wait 16>
 Shiva.Onorgul
Server: Shiva
user: Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2014-02-21 19:40:08
Link | Quote | Reply

SalaHeem. Spell it with an H, not an M.
[+]
 Valefor.Oxt
By Valefor.Oxt 2014-02-21 20:15:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I wish I could make this very delicious macro

/ma salami <me>

[+]
 Asura.Karbuncle
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2014-02-22 19:46:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Here's something interesting that may have been reported.

I was on COR, skilling up gun, and i noticed a neat AI in Ulmia.

She would Pianissimo Prelude/Minuet V me after Ballad'ing the group. I think its nice they programmed that recognition into her.
[+]
 Shiva.Gib
Server: Shiva
user: Gib
By Shiva.Gib 2014-02-22 20:11:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Gameesh said: »
Haha, Gadalar is so... strange. He does melee but it's nothing extraordinary and he ONLY uses -ga magic. And only fire-based at that. He managed to kill himself faster then Shantotto. Bravo!
Same thing I noticed... I really like him but he'll die *and usally end up taking Kupipi with him* in like 1 min cause he has to GA the hell out of everything.
First Page 2 3 ... 16 17 18 ... 70 71 72