August 5, 2013 Version Update
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11
 Bahamut.Bojack
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2013-08-05 15:03:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone notice that on the +1 Skirmish staff with MaB (The one that starts with Leh) it actually has less MaB than the NQ? lol
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2013-08-05 15:04:50
Link | Quote | Reply

5 points to whoever can tell me what the refresh rate on this is!

By Quiznor 2013-08-05 15:05:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Godofgods said: »
5 points to whoever can tell me what the refresh rate on this is!

its more than 0mp!
[+]
VIP
By Kalila 2013-08-05 15:07:42
Link | Quote | Reply

1.5 mp!
[+]
 Bahamut.Sobius
user: Sobius
By Bahamut.Sobius 2013-08-05 15:08:36
Link | Quote | Reply

+ Skill items are not showing in the status menu under their attack values. Currently says I have 438 sword skill on BLU (Wearing an additional 200+ skill from new items that isn't showing) 438 is my native skill without those items, but includes other skill items like Supponamomimi.

Parrying is displaying correctly, however.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
 Asura.Rekin
Server: Asura
By Asura.Rekin 2013-08-05 15:09:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Lillaly said: »
So i have a question.

I just bought forefront Cesti a few weeks ago...
Are mine going to be changed to these "New" ones? if so do you guys think its going to be better or worse for them?
Essentially everything from adoulin just has been buffed a lot to actually convey the other things a player would get from leveling(such as the weapon skill levels).
[+]
By Einhejar 2013-08-05 15:10:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Lillaly said: »
So i have a question.

I just bought forefront Cesti a few weeks ago...
Are mine going to be changed to these "New" ones? if so do you guys think its going to be better or worse for them?

Anything that got stats added this update gets automatically upgraded to the new version.

IIRC Forefront weapons gained some skill on top of the unchanged pre-update versions, so they are better than before.
By Quiznor 2013-08-05 15:10:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Wasnt it said a while back that "weapon skill+" on the new items wasnt calculated the same way,and isnt ACTUAL skill?
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2013-08-05 15:12:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Sobius said: »
+ Skill items are not showing in the status menu under their attack values. Currently says I have 438 sword skill on BLU (Wearing an additional 200+ skill from new items that isn't showing) 438 is my native skill without those items, but includes other skill items like Supponamomimi.

Parrying is displaying correctly, however.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

This isn't broken, and has been known since the last update, when the first weapons with skill+ on them were obtained. Offensive skill is not shown and is calculated server side. Defensive skill is shown, however
By fattrav 2013-08-05 15:13:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Can personal coalition rank now go above Advisor?
 Asura.Rekin
By Asura.Rekin 2013-08-05 15:14:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Quiznor said: »
Wasnt it said a while back that "weapon skill+" on the new items wasnt calculated the same way,and isnt ACTUAL skill?
Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

The whole point of the new skill stat was specifically meant to prevent dual wields from "double dipping" if you will in the bonus skill allowing them to gain the skill bonus to both of their weapons. This was done to make it so that the skill would only effect the hand the weapon was held in.

Ex. +150 skill on main hand only effects that one's attacks and a +80 skill on offhand would only effect that one's attacks.
 Bahamut.Sobius
user: Sobius
By Bahamut.Sobius 2013-08-05 15:15:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah thanks for the replies. Makes sense.
 Ragnarok.Alahra
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Alahra 2013-08-05 15:15:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Rekin said: »

The whole point of the new skill stat was specifically meant to prevent dual wields from "double dipping" if you will in the bonus skill allowing them to gain the skill bonus to both of their weapons. This was done to make it so that the skill would only effect the hand the weapon was held in.

Ex. +150 skill on main hand only effects that one's attacks and a +80 skill on offhand would only effect that one's attacks.

Precisely. This was covered on the last page, actually.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2013-08-05 15:17:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Nvm beaten ^^
 Asura.Rekin
By Asura.Rekin 2013-08-05 15:19:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Alahra said: »
Asura.Rekin said: »

Precisely. This was covered on the last page, actually.
And by you no less!
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2013-08-05 15:36:35
Link | Quote | Reply

now here is a new question.

Does the +skill on weapons give att/acc+ like regular equipment does, or does it only add att to it, since you can see the attack increase by equiping the weapon?
 Sylph.Futan
Server: Sylph
user: gdiShun
By Sylph.Futan 2013-08-05 15:40:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Adds to both. Hence why the new WKRs are so evasive.

Sorry if mentioned already but anyone notice a difference w/ Utsusemi? Just killing mobs in Ceizak. Mantis, Chapulis and Butterflies TP moves seem unaffected.
By kenshynofshiva 2013-08-05 15:41:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Futan said: »

Sorry if mentioned already but anyone notice a difference w/ Utsusemi? Just killing mobs in Ceizak. Mantis, Chapulis and Butterflies TP moves seem unaffected.

Ninja main?
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2013-08-05 15:45:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Only works if NIN is your main job, not subjob. And you need an item in the main hand slot with skill+ on it
 Ragnarok.Alahra
By Ragnarok.Alahra 2013-08-05 15:45:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, I forgot about that. I guess I'll have to gear up and go test that out for a bit. But for now I need to finish capping Great Katana...ugh.
 Sylph.Futan
Server: Sylph
user: gdiShun
By Sylph.Futan 2013-08-05 15:56:34
Link | Quote | Reply

NIN is main, and Pamun main hand. ;x
 Ifrit.Domfrancisco
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Domfrancisco 2013-08-05 15:59:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Does the +skill on weapons give att/acc+ like regular equipment does, or does it only add att to it, since you can see the attack increase by equiping the weapon?
When have you ever been able to see an ACC stat anywhere in the game?
 Ragnarok.Alahra
By Ragnarok.Alahra 2013-08-05 16:02:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
now here is a new question.

Yes, it does give ACC.
 Bismarck.Helel
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2013-08-05 16:07:23
Link | Quote | Reply

The new WKRs are no more evasive than regular delve NMs. I had capped accuracy on RNG with sushi vs. hurkan. Should be able to eat RCB now.
By Darkforce 2013-08-05 16:23:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello~
First-time poster, long-time viewer.

Did SE change/buff the "Magic Damage+" stat in this August update like Matsui said they were going to? I haven't found any information on this in the update notes, forum posts, or anything else yet. Nor has anyone said anything about it from what I've seen.

Original post from Slycer's notes in the Dev Tracker findings:

"Good evening, it's Matsui.

I'm going to make some replies to a number of questions and comments we received about yesterday's post.

Player Question:Regarding the magic damage effect, you didn't mention the exact timing, but it would be good if you could do it during the 8/6 version update. I hope it's not going to be 3 years later (´・ω・`)

Dev Answer:Since we are doing the development work aiming towards the 8/6 version update, there should be no problem with this."

http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/112776-Dev-Tracker-Findings-Posts-(NO-DISCUSSION)/page15

Thanks for any good info/response~
[+]
VIP
By Kalila 2013-08-05 16:53:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Kalila said: »
Let's not start the R/M/E discussion please, find a different thread for it. SE has already made it clear that they will not update the weapons until after the major weapon updates. Leave it out of this thread, they'll be updated soon enough but now's not that time.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11