2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » August 5, 2013 Version Update
August 5, 2013 Version Update
First Page 2 3 4 ... 9 10 11
By sorge74 2013-07-26 16:28:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Chilzen said: »
It's easier to blame it on mobs that melee soloers are getting mauled by as a reason for why people are avoiding doing reives in Yorica instead of accepting people don't do much out there due to the completely worthless map and less than a handful of colonization reives to participate in. Do they even plan to fix that map, or do they honestly feel that it's good as is?

Interested to see what the Gil

Saving Box does, once it hits.

It would take me an hour to get through to the Wildskeeper, just due to how bad the map is. And that is with an online detailed map.
 Fenrir.Terminus
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2013-07-26 16:44:42
Link | Quote | Reply

What is a "weald," anyway?
Quote:
Definition of WEALD
: a heavily wooded area : forest <the Weald of Kent>
: a wild or uncultivated usually upland region

So goddamned tired of people whining that their map isn't good enough. "I can't autorun from A to B and this place is big and scary and confusing!" Boohoo. The entire idea is that we're going into the more unexplored parts of the continent. No ***your map isn't very good.

"Adventurers" my ***.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Chilzen
Server: Lakshmi
user: Chilzen
By Lakshmi.Chilzen 2013-07-26 16:57:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Terminus said: »
Quote:
Definition of WEALD

So goddamned tired of people whining that their map isn't good enough. "I can't autorun from A to B and this place is big and scary and confusing!" Boohoo. The entire idea is that we're going into the more unexplored parts of the continent. No ***your map isn't very good.

"Adventurers" my ***.

Then clearly SE should have some trickery up their sleeves where scout coalition can unlock a better map after some criteria is done, even though I'm sure such a thing is impossible with XI. As it is, it's literally just a bunch of brush strokes on a map screen and thrown at the players for about 2k bayld as a map to use in an area that's clearly not going to see much action if the playerbase has any say on it.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who prefers to just pull up the ingame map for information instead of having to constantly consult a wiki to get something functional. This is Gridania all over again in the "I can't believe someone got paid money to think this was a good idea" department.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-07-26 17:02:09
Link | Quote | Reply

If you compare the map to the player created one, you can see that the paths are actually shown between the hot mess of trees. It's just that the player's relative position isn't correctly shown.
By volkom 2013-07-26 17:04:09
Link | Quote | Reply

could always draw a pathway with your markers
Or do what they did in .hack and make a map with pen/paper
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-07-26 17:06:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Is Arciela a geomancer? :O
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-07-26 17:08:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Quote:
Is Arciela a geomancer? :O
I'm actually speculating both GEO and RUN :o

If you look closely, there's a GEO hat on the floor behind her (probably had fallen off the mithra).
[+]
 Bismarck.Aselin
Server: Bismarck
user: Aselin
By Bismarck.Aselin 2013-07-26 17:23:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Definition of WEALD

"Adventurers" my ***.

So very true.

If going by the actual lore of the game, the Ulbukan Continent is largely UNEXPLORED TERRITORY.

These maps, if SE continues with following a lot of the Vana'diel lore, the far North should also have maps that are equally confusing and uncharted. The opposite for the Far East, Far South and Mithran lands as those would be already explored and mapped out.
[+]
By applecrunch 2013-07-26 18:00:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
Casual is like 2-3 hours a week. 2-3 hours a night is just an average player, not hardcore.

Casual for me is like once every three months.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2013-07-26 18:41:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Definition of WEALD

"Adventurers" my ***.

The lore argument is a weak one since the game doesn't accommodate or reward adventuring.

If you were to get or unlock an improved map after doing X,Y,Z for the server then you'd have incentive to go playing around in a dangerous zone that's a living labyrinth. Since all that's in the zone are Reives (Col, Lair and the WK) it is frustrating and a huge waste of time trying to cycle the reives when it's so easy to get lost or get stuck behind those bush obstacles.

Even if you manage to get to the reive without others it's a wash and you're left waiting hours for people to show up. SoA wants to be about cooperation then fails to deliver the tools to do so.
[+]
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-07-26 19:12:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean there will be other stuff in the zone later

It's not THAT bad but if you REALLY can't navigate Yorcia there's always British Airways!
By Enuyasha 2013-07-26 20:21:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Why do people keep saying you wont get R/E gear on GEO and RUN...they said they would, but are releasing AF first :o

It might be easy for one to misinterpret intent when they are giving you basically relic+2/Empyrean+2 as AF...but that doesnt mean they've said they're never releasing those sets.

Please...for the love of god SE...release a mog slip for Adoulin gear like you did for treasures stuff, not a Delve slip,a bayld slip, and a wildskeeper slip.
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2013-07-26 21:53:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Quiznor said: »
volkom said: »
Give me a way to use relic/empy weaponskills without the weapon so I can use for example: torcleaver on a Senbaak Nagan

R/M/E update

End of next year

................/dies...................

Dang was hoping it to be now......... or before new years....... :(
 Fenrir.Dingie
user: lilaznkru
By Fenrir.Dingie 2013-07-26 22:30:38
Link | Quote | Reply

does anyone know 1) are there more Wildskeeper reives? (i thought there were 2 more) 2) when are those going to be released? :/
By Alpheus 2013-07-26 22:54:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Going by the elements there are 3 possible ones they could add but no word as to when they'd do so and in what manner. The remaining elements are Ice, Darkness and Light.
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-07-26 23:00:13
Link | Quote | Reply

The next will be Kumhau, the Flashfrost Naakual of Kamihr Piedmont.
 Bismarck.Xzeikx
user: xzeikx
By Bismarck.Xzeikx 2013-07-26 23:02:36
Link | Quote | Reply

The KI from them says "One of seven.. " So..
By Alpheus 2013-07-26 23:08:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Then maybe they'll skip an element then XD or the Last Boss for the Expansion's storyline will be where the 8th is implemented and it won't have a proper Reive/Delve battlefield.
 Sylph.Mirvana
Server: Sylph
user: Mirvana
By Sylph.Mirvana 2013-07-26 23:10:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm betting Light/Dark will be 1 Naakual
 Asura.Ackeronll
Server: Asura
user: Ackeron
By Asura.Ackeronll 2013-07-26 23:15:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Mirvana said: »

And it will also take an army of CORs SMNs and PLDs like every other Naakual. Wish they would make them a little bit different from one another.
[+]
 Valefor.Sapphire
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2013-07-26 23:27:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Mirvana said: »
They could make it only take light/dark damage and switch aura between the two, rendering the army of QD corsairs that show up to spank it completely useless xD
By Kimble2013 2013-07-26 23:45:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Further proof tat FFXI is dying!
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2013-07-27 00:21:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Concept art promised a white dragon so odds are that'll be associated with the endgame area.
 Leviathan.Kincard
Server: Leviathan
user: Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2013-07-27 00:56:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
If you compare the map to the player created one, you can see that the paths are actually shown between the hot mess of trees. It's just that the player's relative position isn't correctly shown.

That would explain a lot, the map for Weald kept confusing me. People kept comparing it to the Yuhtunga/Yhoator maps but I never had any problem with those because I never found it too hard to extend the paths logically (I mean you have to do that with the Ravine too anyway until you get really familiar with the reive pathway), and I couldn't really do that with the Weald map.
VIP
By Kalila 2013-08-02 01:47:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Begins:
Aug 05, 2013 10:00 PDT
Ends:
Aug 05, 2013 11:30 PDT
Automatically converted to your timezone

Aug. 1, 2013 17:58 [PDT] From: FINAL FANTASY XI
All Worlds Maintenance (Aug. 5)
At the following time, we will be performing maintenance to accompany the version update. During this period, FINAL FANTASY XI will be unavailable.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your patience.

* This maintenance will be accompanied by a version update. After maintenance is complete, the update will automatically begin after you press the "Play" button. After that, please follow the instructions on the screen.

* The World Transfer Service will be unavailable starting 30 minutes before the maintenance. Please wait until after the maintenance is completed before attempting to use this service.

* You may receive errors such as "POL-1160" or "POL-0010" during the download process due to heavy server traffic. If you are unable to access the update, we ask that you please wait a while and then try again.

Thank you for your cooperation and understanding in making this a smooth version update.

Downloadable file sizes for the FINAL FANTASY XI version update are as follows.
[File size for clients with expansion data disk installed.]

"PlayStation 2" Version
Downloadable file size: Approximately 33.9 MB

Windows Version
Downloadable file size: Approximately 46.7 MB

Xbox 360 Version
Downloadable file size: Approximately 53.2 MB

[File size for clients without expansion data disk installed.]

"PlayStation 2" Version
Downloadable file size: Approximately 26.89 MB

Windows Version
Downloadable file size: Approximately 38.2 MB

Xbox 360 Version
Downloadable file size: Approximately 44.6 MB

* The details of the version update will be announced separately on Aug. 5, 2013.

[Date & Time]
Aug. 5, 2013 from 10:00 to 11:30 (PDT)
* The completion time may be subject to change.

[Affected Service]
- FINAL FANTASY XI
By Enuyasha 2013-08-02 02:35:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Nice, hour and 30 minute "maintenance" then a 16 hour update :<
[+]
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2013-08-02 03:01:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Kuroganashi said: »
Quiznor said: »
volkom said: »
Give me a way to use relic/empy weaponskills without the weapon so I can use for example: torcleaver on a Senbaak Nagan

R/M/E update

End of next year

................/dies...................

Dang was hoping it to be now......... or before new years....... :(

because you have a 99 R/E/M?
 Bismarck.Helel
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2013-08-02 05:12:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually, the DL size is really small compared to the usual.
By Enuyasha 2013-08-02 05:28:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Helel said: »
Actually, the DL size is really small compared to the usual.
you know everyone and their mother is going to be downloading it at the same time...so SE's servers on some random *** mountain in the middle of nowhere are going to kick you out for 16 hours :|
First Page 2 3 4 ... 9 10 11