2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » August 5, 2013 Version Update
August 5, 2013 Version Update
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11
By tigroux 2013-08-05 16:57:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Godofgods said: »
5 points to whoever can tell me what the refresh rate on this is!

"Cure potency +8"...?
Is that a misprint and suppose to say "8%"?

Idk, I just find that wierd.
[+]
 Siren.Novadragon
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
By Siren.Novadragon 2013-08-05 16:58:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I got Warp spell but I can't cast it as a Blm Mob.

[+]
VIP
By Kalila 2013-08-05 16:59:23
Link | Quote | Reply

tigroux said: »
Odin.Godofgods said: »
5 points to whoever can tell me what the refresh rate on this is!

"Cure potency +8"...?
Is that a misprint and suppose to say "8%"?

Idk, I just find that weird.
I believe they had that issue in the past with previous items, they usually patch it after the next update.
VIP
By Kalila 2013-08-05 17:23:44
Link | Quote | Reply

actual real discussion goes here:

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/38498/dev-matsui-rmec-follow-up/
[+]
 Fenrir.Boomslang
Server: Fenrir
user: neoyukio
By Fenrir.Boomslang 2013-08-05 17:23:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Darkforce said: »
Hello~
First-time poster, long-time viewer.

Did SE change/buff the "Magic Damage+" stat in this August update like Matsui said they were going to? I haven't found any information on this in the update notes, forum posts, or anything else yet. Nor has anyone said anything about it from what I've seen.

Original post from Slycer's notes in the Dev Tracker findings:

"Good evening, it's Matsui.

I'm going to make some replies to a number of questions and comments we received about yesterday's post.

Player Question:Regarding the magic damage effect, you didn't mention the exact timing, but it would be good if you could do it during the 8/6 version update. I hope it's not going to be 3 years later (´・ω・`)

Dev Answer:Since we are doing the development work aiming towards the 8/6 version update, there should be no problem with this."

http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/112776-Dev-Tracker-Findings-Posts-(NO-DISCUSSION)/page15

Thanks for any good info/response~

Bump. I'd like to know the answer to this as well plox. Magic Damage + has me confuzzled.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2013-08-05 17:34:14
Link | Quote | Reply

wow, this has got to be the fastest update I have ever seen.

I was expecting a 4 hour delay when I got home to the time I was actually able to log in.

Instead, I got 15 minute delay.

GG SE!

*incoming 10 day emergency maintenance*
VIP
By Kalila 2013-08-05 17:37:57
Link | Quote | Reply

hopefully SE only has to do 1 e.maint
 Ragnarok.Hotkarl
Server: Ragnarok
user: hotkarl
By Ragnarok.Hotkarl 2013-08-05 17:39:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't play but maybe a few hours a week, is this the update with play-as-monster and that mog savings account box? I got no Gil's and wanna see what that's all about lol. With me not playing ever I can hopefully make a lil Gil the weeks I don't play >.<
VIP
By Kalila 2013-08-05 17:41:08
Link | Quote | Reply

yea, play-as-a-monster was introduced on the main servers today :)

Monstrosity: http://goo.gl/o6ZeBP
[+]
 Bahamut.Krizz
Server: Bahamut
user: Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2013-08-05 17:48:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Even though it doesn't seem necessary, today's update is posted:
http://tehkrizz.net/FFXI/downloads.php

(Make sure to choose the one for today... August 5...)
[+]
 Lakshmi.Aelius
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Aelius
By Lakshmi.Aelius 2013-08-05 18:28:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Just to clarify a few things here of this thread. Kali has full control over anything in her Dev threads. She's earned that privilege to do so. So from here on, respect her threads and she'll respect you back. Don't muck up her threads with another topic that isn't part of the Dev.

Thank you.
[+]
 Bahamut.Bojack
Server: Bahamut
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2013-08-05 18:33:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Curious to know if the Skirmish +1 weapons are in the game now or if the were only included in the update to prepare for the Skirmish update. Also...what's up with the +1 Lehbrailg having less MaB than the NQ? lol
 Shiva.Mlrlohki
Server: Shiva
user: Mlrlohki
By Shiva.Mlrlohki 2013-08-05 18:38:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Nice to see some MAB gear I can use for Lunges among those new Bayld pieces. Will also be nice not whiffing 90 percent of the time in WKRs. Can't wait to do the RUN AF sets (My GEO's only 41). The higher Coalition ranks will make things very interesting as well (No more week of Marjami farming just to get one t2 WKR, theoretically.) that contest shield looks nice (appearance and stats). I have exorbitantly bad luck trying to convert atmacites so dunno if I can put up with finishing my ochain so this might my next best bet.
By Darkforce 2013-08-05 19:49:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Sooooo, is this thread dead already..? It's been 5 hours, anyone have any new information regarding adjustments to the "Magic Damage+" parameter? Or anything else interesting from this update that hasn't been discussed yet?
By Alpheus 2013-08-05 21:00:43
Link | Quote | Reply

To Darkforce's question:

Going over Matui's post on the Magic Damage+ stat adjustment. Sounds like they admitted the effect they were going for fell short of what they thought it would be. It looked like they aren't ready to re-weight the stat yet and I say re-weight because he specifically mentions not messing with established values already on gear. Best guess is they will have a better idea of how much to re-weight it by after the second August update at the latest. It sounds like they have an idea of what to aim for but they wanna be doubly sure since they were wrong the first time. It hasn't been updated as of today's update.
By Darkforce 2013-08-05 21:22:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Alpheus said: »
To Darkforce's question: Going over Matui's post on the Magic Damage+ stat adjustment. Sounds like they admitted the effect they were going for fell short of what they thought it would be. It looked like they aren't ready to re-weight the stat yet and I say re-weight because he specifically mentions not messing with established values already on gear. Best guess is they will have a better idea of how much to re-weight it by after the second August update at the latest. It sounds like they have an idea of what to aim for but they wanna be doubly sure since they were wrong the first time. It hasn't been updated as of today's update.
Ok, thank you for the info. I haven't noticed any major damage increase with any of the T1-T5 spells, -aja, etc. in my testing other than the minor addition of INT here and there from the updated gear stats, among other things. (This is comparing pre-update to post-update nuking dmg in the same gear and on the same target) So I had figured that the Magic Damage+ adjustment hadn't been added yet, even though Matsui said otherwise. @_@ So, I guess it looks like we'll have to wait until the end of August, then. That's SE for ya. XD
By Krysten 2013-08-05 21:26:38
Link | Quote | Reply

the answer to unlock bees is

1. - 1st option

2. - Fourth

3. - Third
 Odin.Terren
Server: Odin
By Odin.Terren 2013-08-05 21:48:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Re: Magic Damage

Magic Damage seems to be directly increasing the actual magic damage stat. While the increase to T5 nukes isn't huge - it's there though - the increase to helix spells is gigantic. Just random testing on Adoulin IT+++ mobs I've been landing average 900, low 700, high 1200, with weather matching day, klimaform, a decent helix set, etc... on both reive mobs and non-reive mobs.

So yeah 23 MP kills just about any mob in morimar, basically.

Anyway referencing:
http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Calculating_Magic_Damage
... which may or may not be out of date, I don't recall ....

Thunder 5 has a base damage of 874, so adding 151 magic damage won't be a huge boost.

Helix, however, has a base damage of 25 ... so adding 151 is a huge deal.
 Fenrir.Schutz
Server: Fenrir
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2013-08-05 21:51:04
Link | Quote | Reply

SE said:
/localsettings hidearmor [subcommand]

OH! @_@;; SE has finally answered my prayers for a Naked Switch!

FFXXX! ^^
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11