Release Your Inner Otaku!

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Culture and Media » Release Your Inner Otaku!
Release Your Inner Otaku!
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Fenrir.Schutz
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2013-05-31 14:06:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Mariane said: »

LOL that was from the new version of Yatterman...Tatsunoko had a lot of fun with that series. ^^

I heard they made a live-action version of Yatterman...I can only imagine how that turned out. LOL

But those old series do remind me of my first anime-love... 「超スーパーカー ガッタイガー」! ^^

YouTube Video Placeholder

I used to watch this every day growing up...I thought it was the coolest @#@$ ever in existence. :p Back when anime series only had one opening song ever and never changed it! And the most menacing weapons were robots with drill hands! And it wasn't shameful to not show a single character at length in the opening, because kids only watched the show for the car, anyhow! :p

And it wasn't redundant at all referring to it just as a 'super-car' but a 「超スーパーカー」! ^^ /swoon
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-05-31 14:23:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Yattaman was awesome!
[+]
By volkom 2013-05-31 14:36:10
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
By volkom 2013-05-31 20:03:47
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
By Triffle 2013-06-22 00:10:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I never actually watched any Detective Animes before, but as a fan of Poirot, Mrs. Marple and Sherlock Holmes I thought I'd give it a try. I have to say Kindaichi Case Files is a great Anime.

Shiva.Gansito
Server: Shiva
user: Gansito
By Shiva.Gansito 2013-06-22 00:36:35
Link | Quote | Reply

i like to watch the comedy/romance/action stuff. Any1 have any suggestions? I would highly apreciate it ^^. As long as it is one of the three genres im good ^^
 Asura.Nanabi
Server: Asura
user: Nanabi
By Asura.Nanabi 2013-06-22 01:57:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Triffle said: »
I never actually watched any Detective Animes before, but as a fan of Poirot, Mrs. Marple and Sherlock Holmes I thought I'd give it a try. I have to say Kindaichi Case Files is a great Anime.

Ah.... the Japanese teenage detective: Mr. Death #1.

Mr. Death #2 is Conan.
 Fairy.Ghaleon
Server: Fairy
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2013-06-22 02:19:50
Link | Quote | Reply

one of these days I'm going to marathon all those Dectective conan episodes....

One of these days...
By Triffle 2013-06-22 17:34:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Ghaleon said: »
one of these days I'm going to marathon all those Dectective conan episodes....

One of these days...

I'm doing a marathon of Kindaichi Case Files. xD Started yesterday and I'm up to episode 43. What's nice is all the episodes are on Youtube subbed.

Here is episode one, in case anyone is interested in starting to watch it.

Shiva.Gansito said: »
i like to watch the comedy/romance/action stuff. Any1 have any suggestions? I would highly apreciate it ^^. As long as it is one of the three genres im good ^^

If you want romance, comedy and action in one, I can suggest several. First off Baka and Test: Summon the Beasts is a good one. It's more heavy on comedy and romance, but there is action in it too.

Another one that blends all three quite well is Mahou Sensei Negima. This is a Manga though. The Anime is very different from the Manga and I didn't enjoy it anywhere near as much.

One more I can offer is Kekkaishi. Not as much comedy as action. There is some romance between the hero and heroine as well.

You can also put in Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles as a good Anime/Manga that has all three genres in it as well.

For pure romance that even makes a guy's heart flutter is Steins;Gate. It has a bit of action and comedy in at as well, but it is more of a scientific show dealing in time travel. Nothing is more romantic than love that can travel across time and alternate realities. ;D Coincidentally my avatar picture is from Steins;Gate.
 Shiva.Gansito
By Shiva.Gansito 2013-06-22 17:42:36
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah those are great animes! The bad thing is i've seen all those >.< Been having trouble finding something new to watch
By Triffle 2013-06-22 18:07:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Have you seen History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi? That one is good for action and comedy with a bit of romance. You can learn a thing or two as well since it is a martial arts show and has real moves in it.

I haven't watched it in forever and I don't remember much, but I remember Card Captor Sakura being really good too from back in the day.

Fairy Tail is big on action and comedy and I also remember Durarara!! and Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood being the same.

If you enjoy Robot Suit fighting then Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann and Code Geass are great.

You've probably seen the mainstream ones like Bleach, Naruto and One Piece.
 Shiva.Gansito
By Shiva.Gansito 2013-06-22 18:47:41
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah i have watched all those as well. Except for durarara and card capture. Ill give those a try. thankyou
 Fairy.Ghaleon
Server: Fairy
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2013-06-23 02:08:48
Link | Quote | Reply

i made a list of my top 25 anime, going to post it here for all my fellow nerds in case anyone is interested.

Made the last during the peak of last season, obviously there are a few i would probably add or change i just haven't gotten around to it yet (ie; Attack on titan)

This list is made of really good and watchable anime, so if you are bored and wondering whats a good anime to watch, check out something on this list!

and yes, i do watch too much anime :<
By Triffle 2013-06-24 04:03:51
Link | Quote | Reply

My top 20 Anime are the following:

1. Fairy Tail
2. Steins;Gate
3. Code Geass
4. Kindaichi Case Files
5. Baka and Test: Summon the Beasts
6. History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi
7. Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
8. Death Note
9. Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood
10. Kekkaishi
11. Bleach
12. Naruto Shippuden
13. Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles
14. Tales of the Abyss
15. Tales of Symphonia
16. Card Captor Sakura
17. Durarara!!
18. Sword Art Online
19. InuYasha
20. Trigun
By Triffle 2013-06-29 20:56:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Just started watching Black Butler and I have to recommend it. It's better with subtitles though.

Fenrir.Mariane
user: leo
By Fenrir.Mariane 2013-07-01 10:44:56
Link | Quote | Reply

This show is still airing but it's a bombshell ! (in the good sense)

http://www.funimation.com/the-devil-is-a-part-timer
[+]
By volkom 2013-07-25 19:46:52
Link | Quote | Reply

semi related >.>

[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Dawnn
By Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn 2013-07-25 20:21:34
Link | Quote | Reply

volkom said: »
semi related >.>

bake/nise/anything monogatari is amazing

the new monogatari series that is coming out now is also incredibly amazing ahhhhhh

new episode comes out tomorrow/saturday

[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn 2013-07-25 20:22:51
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.sacanime.com

A local convention I'm going to in august/sept, if anyone is in the area hit me up! Sacramento, CA
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-07-31 12:49:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm currently reading(and enjoying) Seikon no Qwaser, it's pretty unique and fun shounen if you don't mind the adult scenes.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [116 days between previous and next post]
By Triffle 2013-11-24 10:21:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Finished A Certain Scientific Railgun and A Certain Magical Index a while ago. Can't wait for A Certain Scientific Accelerator coming out next month.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2013-11-24 11:06:52
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [58 days between previous and next post]
 Valefor.Endoq
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2014-01-21 05:22:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I just watched the first 4 episodes Kill la Kill and this anime is quickly becoming one of my favorites, its animation style makes for very intense action scenes and I'm hoping for this to continue. In some ways it reminds me of Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, Dead Leaves and FLCL for their animation style, action sequences and their over the top hilarity and perviness. This anime is still airing and I'm only on episode 5 but I recommend it anyways :D
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2014-01-21 05:55:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Endoq said: »
In some ways it reminds me of Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
Quote:
Kill la Kill is a 2013 anime produced by Studio Trigger. A relatively new studio's first television production wouldn't normally raise too many eyebrows when it's announced... unless said studio happened to be made up of ex-Studio Gainax and Studio 4°C members and the production's director, writer, and lead character designer also worked together on Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann. It was originally conceived as a manga focused entirely on battle scenes, but shifted focus during production to become more character-focused.

Probably why.

And yes, it's a pretty good show. It's in my line up for last and current season anime (it's a 2-cour)
[+]
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Lillica
By Grumpy Cat 2014-01-21 08:42:36
Link | Quote | Reply

If people didn't know, the same animators from TTGL did the intro video for Project X Zone!
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-01-21 08:43:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Kill la Kill is amazing, I'm addicted to it.
[+]
 Fenrir.Camiie
user: Camiie
By Fenrir.Camiie 2014-01-21 08:53:50
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
By Dawn Charis 2014-01-21 10:50:21
Link | Quote | Reply

gonna do some CROSSPLAY at my next con!

Planning to get some o2 or something from the local paintball shop to make it "steam"

I have 2 other friends who are gonna get in on this too XD So Ryuko, Satsuki and Mako will all be postin pics!

I think the second day I might try a Space Dandy cosplay if I have enough cash at the time
[+]