Release Your Inner Otaku!

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Culture and Media » Release Your Inner Otaku!
Release Your Inner Otaku!
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Sylph.Knala
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: nala
By Sylph.Knala 2013-05-07 14:26:45
Link | Quote | Reply

The "original" is not true to the manga and i never get why people say the fake ending they made up for the first anime was better than brotherhood which follows the REAL story line fairly closely...

That's not to say I didn't think they did a bad job on the first anime (other than failing to contract it for a second season instead of making an ending up) and i did rather enjoy it.
 Phoenix.Lillicarnage
Server: Phoenix
user: Lillica
By Phoenix.Lillicarnage 2013-05-07 14:33:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I think the only series (besides TTGL of course) that I have "Otaku'd out" on lately was Spice and Wolf. I watched the first season on Netflix and then bought it all on Blu-ray and ordered up the manga the same day. Made Holo characters in a bunch of RPGs and games that are more well... Lillica-oriented lol.

I REALLY want to get some of the figures of her (plus that posterboard cutout they had in Durarara) but all that stuff is SUPER expensive whenever I see it available and it sells wicked fast.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-05-07 14:36:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah shoot I forgot I have yet to watch Spice and Wolf! Damn, I have such a huge list of anime to watch ;;
[+]
 Sylph.Knala
By Sylph.Knala 2013-05-07 14:43:05
Link | Quote | Reply

There more than two seasons to Spice and Wolf? probably just going to finish reading the light novels instead. speaking of i need to get back onto the GGO arc of SAO.

Also i'm occasionally the fan of a good romantic comedy recently been reading Ookami-heika no Hanayome, pretty cute story overall.

Which also reminds me of a pretty good one Karen also known as bleh... Chibi vampire tokyo pop thought people might confuse it for another manga they published if they left the title as was.
By Triffle 2013-05-07 14:46:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Ah shoot I forgot I have yet to watch Spice and Wolf! Damn, I have such a huge list of anime to watch ;;

I feel your pain. Well not so much pain as so much enjoyment that my head would kerplode. xD
 Garuda.Crayne
Server: Garuda
user: Crayne
By Garuda.Crayne 2013-05-07 14:46:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a huge list of stuff I really, REALLY need to watch (Inuyasha, Spice and Wolf (started it), Suzumiya Haruhi no Yūutsu, the rest of Bleach)...

My obsessions are better expressed thru my cosplay work. Right now, I'm (still) gone full otaku over Sword Art Online. First series I've been this obsessed with since Seikai no Monshou/Senki (another LN adaptation, one that...sadly imo...hasn't been continued. DAMN YOU SUNRISE!)--I've read every scrap of material I can on BT (wish I could find the web version, it was further along before it was pulled than the print version is right now), taken to wearing a black duster coat, wish I could afford the figures thru Crunchyroll...oh, and I have an Elucidator (two, actually, one's better than the other) hanging outside with the paint drying...

Though Attack on Titan is giving me chills. Best lead-in story I've seen in a while, cuz we're obviously FAR from the best parts, and I'm hanging on tight for the ride.
 Phoenix.Lillicarnage
user: Lillica
By Phoenix.Lillicarnage 2013-05-07 14:46:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Knala said: »
There more than two seasons to Spice and Wolf? probably just going to finish reading the light novels instead. speaking of i need to get back onto the GGO arc of SAO.

There is SUPPOSED to be damnit! Sadly no, only the 2 seasons exist ;_;
[+]
By Triffle 2013-05-07 14:55:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Crayne said: »
I have a huge list of stuff I really, REALLY need to watch (Inuyasha, Spice and Wolf (started it), Suzumiya Haruhi no Yūutsu, the rest of Bleach)...

My obsessions are better expressed thru my cosplay work. Right now, I'm (still) gone full otaku over Sword Art Online. First series I've been this obsessed with since Seikai no Monshou/Senki (another LN adaptation, one that...sadly imo...hasn't been continued. DAMN YOU SUNRISE!)--I've read every scrap of material I can on BT (wish I could find the web version, it was further along before it was pulled than the print version is right now), taken to wearing a black duster coat, wish I could afford the figures thru Crunchyroll...oh, and I have an Elucidator (two, actually, one's better than the other) hanging outside with the paint drying...

Though Attack on Titan is giving me chills. Best lead-in story I've seen in a while, cuz we're obviously FAR from the best parts, and I'm hanging on tight for the ride.

Got any pics of your cosplay stuff? =D
 Sylph.Knala
By Sylph.Knala 2013-05-07 14:56:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly rumio takahashi is a terrible author (author of ranma 1/2 and inuyasha) I've read both manga's fully and in both cases the character development/story progression seems to stagnate/fall off all together by the 12th volume.

She comes up with great story line concepts and basis but she really sucks at sustaining them long term and just plain drags out the story for the sake of dragging out the story, i mean DBZ, bleach and naruto are all kind of bad about doing that too but its just not the same level...

You can basically summarize inyuasha like this: They find naraku, defeat naraku/he escapes, by the time they find him he has regenerated and built an immunity to w/e it was that gave them the edge last time, they manage to escape, search for a way to upgrade the tetsaiga, they find it then return to the top of this cycle about 10++ times.

There was nothing innovated or interesting about the way she went about these cycles either was pretty damn blatant... at least inuyasha had a better ending than ranma.

Also if your interested she has a new series Kyoukai no Rinne, given the last two series i've read by her i expect it to be good for 12 volumes and then decay into some kind of mundane pattern... I haven't even bothered with this one FYI.
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2013-05-07 14:58:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I heart CLANNAD ~After Story~ with almost every bone in my body :)

I'm actually more of a visual novel otaku myself, I really like 07th Expansion's "When They Cry" series and Nitoplus's stuff (Steins;Gate, Chaos;Head, Saya no Uta). Plus Key (Kanon, Air, CLANNAD, and I want to start Little Busters! soon).

Currently reading through fate stay/night now.

Also,

This is God's gift to humanity.
By Triffle 2013-05-07 15:09:35
Link | Quote | Reply

You're a Steins;Gate fan too? Did you see the news on the new movie that just came out? I can't wait till they sub it. Looks like an emotional ride and I just love Kirisu's Japanese voice actress' work.

Here's the trailer, its called Steins;Gate Burdened Domain of Deja Vu.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=3zsbFvt62jA
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2013-05-07 15:12:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Triffle said: »
You're a Steins;Gate fan too? Did you see the news on the new movie that just came out? I can't wait till they sub it. Looks like an emotional ride and I just love Kirisu's Japanese voice actress' work.

Yep! I didn't watch the anime, but I hear it's mostly the same as the visual novel. I did hear about the movie, but I didn't know it's out already! Wow :O When did it come out? Wondering when to expect subs lol.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2013-05-07 15:15:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Hatoful is creepy as hell sometimes though
[+]
By Triffle 2013-05-07 15:15:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Came out the end of last month. It is mostly the same as the visual novel I also heard, but it was definitely worth watching the Anime as well. Never been so moved by a story so far as this one.
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2013-05-07 15:20:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Came out the end of last month. It is mostly the same as the visual novel I also heard, but it was definitely worth watching the Anime as well. Never been so moved by a story so far as this one.
By Triffle 2013-05-07 15:24:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Here is the plot for the movie:
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2013-05-07 15:27:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Am i the only one that read that first as 'Release Your Inner Horutoto Ruins'?
By Triffle 2013-05-07 15:29:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Godofgods said: »

Please God no! I spent hell in there trying to get my fishing torque. 7 hours of my life I will never get back...
 Bismarck.Misao
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2013-05-07 15:30:12
Link | Quote | Reply

honestly, I enjoyed Ranma 1/2 back then, It was such a fun show to watch, and many LOLz where given.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-05-07 15:32:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Ranma is one of the best anime ever.
[+]
 Sylph.Knala
By Sylph.Knala 2013-05-07 15:35:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I did enjoy it but up to a point despite the gags and antics there was character development and somewhat of a story line after that point it kind of devolves into a garfield esc sunday morning comic routine kick odie off table, goble up lasagna, destroy plant, kill spiders, annoy john.
By Triffle 2013-05-07 15:36:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I remember growing up with Sailor Moon back when I was a kid and I thought it was a cartoon. xD

InuYasha was the first Anime I watched when I actually knew what Anime was.

Anyone else remember what the first thing they watched or read was?
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2013-05-07 15:36:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Elfen Lied was my first, lol
that was an eye-opener
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2013-05-07 15:39:54
Link | Quote | Reply

First read Dragon Ball and would watch Sailor Moon in the mornings lol
[+]
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-05-07 15:40:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I only watch the 13-26 episodes anime, watching the long ones will obviously take you on a huge fillertrip, you can't escape that. So I only read the manga for those ones.

I'm more of a 90's-era kind of inner otaku, so the whole idea of shows with supertrips were really foreign to me...except DBZ, but that was its own thing at the time. Now it's just out of hand @_@

And I normally don't find myself buying anime merchandise, but there is an exception for something like Outlaw Star. Because of that, I got a custom-made shirt from ebay 2 years ago, made by this merchant:

Other than a few minor details, it's perfect! I just wish I ordered it in an XL, haha.
 Sylph.Knala
By Sylph.Knala 2013-05-07 15:41:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Its a tie up between dragonball sailor moon escaflowne digimon or pokemon... as my first ever.

That was all before i knew what anime was, I only officially started watching anime when Toonami started on CN, my fandom became cemented when i realized that there were dvd's of DBZ and YuYuHakusho 20++ episodes ahead of what was airing on CN.

Thats when i started to download episodes off Kazaa or Morpheus or w/e... eventually going too far (not realizing that dbz was over 10 years old) and started into japanese episodes with subtitles.

My first manga ever was probably chobits though... never read the entire series until after mahou sensei negima got me hooked hardcore into mangas.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-05-07 15:42:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Anime I watched as a child that come to mind at this moment:

Lady Oscar
Sailor Moon
Saint Seiya
Hokuto no Ken
Dragon Ball
Candy Candy(god this sucks so much lol, it's like a soap opera in anime version)
Kaibutsu-kun
Captain Tsubasa
Attacker you!
Tokimeki tonight
Ranma 1/2
[+]
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2013-05-07 15:46:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Godofgods said: »
Please God no! I spent hell in there trying to get my fishing torque. 7 hours of my life I will never get back...

Be happy.. i spent a week straight in zhern mines (sp) in bascock trying to get a skill ring. Never got it.
 Bismarck.Misao
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2013-05-07 15:48:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Anime I watched as a child that come to mind at this moment:

Sailor Moon
Saint Seiya
Dragon Ball
Candy Candy(god this sucks so much lol, it's like a soap opera in anime version)
Captain Tsubasa
Ranma 1/2
did watch most of those as a kid as well!
High 5!
:D
(totally agree on the candy candy note lol, it would run between Sailor moon and Saint Seiya) :/

uhm...
Mazinger Z
Gatchaman
Samurai Pizza Cats
Rayearth
there was also another soccer anime, cant recall name....
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-05-07 15:50:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh also Yatterman and Ronin Warriors(loved this one).

and Mini4WD!
[+]