BST gear sets
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 8 9 10
 Phoenix.Dramatica
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Darkmagi1
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2013-09-29 22:50:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Tp bonus only adds accuracy to ruinator, atheling is still optimal for back.
 Phoenix.Mustybadger
By Phoenix.Mustybadger 2013-09-30 05:21:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Currently struggling between the following master TP set choices (aim for). Any suggestions?

ItemSet 313672

12% dual wield reduction
19% DA Rate
13 StoreTP
Capped Haste
Pretty :3

or

ItemSet 313831

5% dual wield reduction
23% DA Rate (assuming DA+2 on all Skirmish Pieces)
7% TA Rate
13 StoreTP
Capped Haste
Fugly

or

ItemSet 313832

17% DA Rate
3% TA Rate
30 StoreTP
Capped Haste
Pretty :3

or, finally:

ItemSet 313833

14% DA Rate
3% TA Rate
19% Dual Wield Reduction
13 Store TP

Ignore weapon choices for the moment. Aiming for Guttler post-buff (hopefully) in October / November.

Any of the above sets stand out far and away above any others? Or any different combination i'm missing?

I'm assuming that DA+2 on all Skirmish pieces would pull ahead, but is it worth the monetary investment? Especially as DA augments on Iuitl pieces seem to be near-impossible to get...
 Phoenix.Dramatica
user: Darkmagi1
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2013-09-30 12:09:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Af3 body still is still optimal if killer effects are present, but can't tell you much about the rest. Unless you have an incredible fortune, I'd say max augmenting most skirmish gear is likely huge waste of resources for most people. It's not needed for anything at the moment, and it's highly likely new delve gear will obsolete it easily.
[+]
By Zoltar 2013-10-01 10:30:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't Brutal/Suppa beat out the Delve earrings for a tp-build?
[+]
By behemuthxero 2013-10-01 17:58:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Zoltar said: »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't Brutal/Suppa beat out the Delve earrings for a tp-build?

Yeah you're right, for TP phase Brutal/Suppa wins. For WS though the Delve earrings pull ahead due to the +2% DA, which is a decent dmg boost.
 Bahamut.Zangada
Server: Bahamut
user: zangada
By Bahamut.Zangada 2013-10-01 19:16:45
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 282419

No real reason behind it just what I think works.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [33 days between previous and next post]
 Ragnarok.Azryel
Server: Ragnarok
user: Azryel
By Ragnarok.Azryel 2013-11-03 11:44:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a BST gear question concerning lower end content- namely Dynamis soloing.

This is my current TP set:

ItemSet 270450

Obviously my pet pdt Astolfo are crap, but would it better to bypass pet tanking completely at this point and just use it for TH with a set like this? I don't have iuitl tights yet.

ItemSet 315003

EDIT: I've made some adjustments to my builds since creating this post.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Azryel
By Ragnarok.Azryel 2013-11-03 11:49:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I'm just a little shy on plasm at the moment for Kerehcatl. I took a few months off, and now I'm semi-playing again, so I figured some light Dynamis soloing would be fun here and there.

EDIT: The BST threads seem pretty sparse these days, so I was just curious to see if the solo strategy had shifted since all this new gear has crazy evasion.

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Azryel
By Ragnarok.Azryel 2013-11-03 11:59:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I was goofing around on PUP farming base relic weapons yesterday and I had like 10 mobs on me and was doing fine... Granted, I had a whm automaton with me, but when soloing Dyna on BST back in the day I rarely linked more than 4-5 things, and that shouldn't be too difficult to tank /DNC with this new gear, and worst case scenario I can snarl a couple of 'em off of me.
By Zoltar 2013-11-03 15:27:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Here's my TP-set, pet is iLvl 119 with the +2 hands aug

ItemSet 314819
 Ragnarok.Azryel
By Ragnarok.Azryel 2013-11-03 17:15:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you still pet tank these days? I haven't actually geared up BST in a few months, but I remember thinking that Falcorr had gotten squishy, not to mention that I was having a hard time keeping hate on him even with my lower damage axes.
By Zoltar 2013-11-03 17:22:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Pet tanking in abyssea is still the norm, even without a good -PDT set. With the iLvl boost, your pet has more hp and def so it's still the same. I haven't done a lot outside lately...
By Zoltar 2013-11-03 17:25:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, Falcorr is a great pet still...I like him, GooeyGerard (great against magic mobs) and CrudeRaphie for pet tanking. Falcorr is the cheapest most effective pet imho.
 Ragnarok.Inx
user: Inxmonk
By Ragnarok.Inx 2013-11-04 07:04:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Azryel said: »
Yeah, I'm just a little shy on plasm at the moment for Kerehcatl. I took a few months off, and now I'm semi-playing again, so I figured some light Dynamis soloing would be fun here and there.

EDIT: The BST threads seem pretty sparse these days, so I was just curious to see if the solo strategy had shifted since all this new gear has crazy evasion.

For 99% of content you'll be using BST on, if you are actively fighting, full Iuitl is pretty much all you need. Its defensive and (m.)evasive properties make a huge difference. While for letting the pet do all the work its pretty much the same as it ever was.

I'd say Moepapa Stone has gotten even more valuable given the amount of haste on Iuitl making it irrelevant how much you're getting from the waist slot, while an extra 5% on the pet is always worthwhile given how heavily their dps skews towards regular auto-attacks.

The only significant thing I'd say that has changed is the need for 5/5 BA merits becoming absolute. Most of the time you'll be rolling with 99 cap jugs so you need as much BA as possible to get the most out of the high iLvl axes.
 Sylph.Hyunkyl
Server: Sylph
user: hyunkyl
By Sylph.Hyunkyl 2013-11-04 08:02:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Hurch'lan Sash says Hello! Drops from Tojil or bu with 100k plasm once you get Morimar Delve mega boss clear :P
 Ragnarok.Inx
By Ragnarok.Inx 2013-11-04 08:36:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Good point, I keep forgetting about Hurch'lan, but the extra accuracy is only going to matter for a handful of mobs.

Sad truth is that as a BST you aren't going to get a sniff at Tojil unless you have a very understanding LS, or have another very well geared job. In which case I suspect there'll be plenty of more immediately beneficial things to spend 100k plasm on.

For doing what BST does best (i.e. everything pre-Adoulin), Hurch'lan while better than Moepapa isn't going to help much at all.

That being said, who knows what changes the Nov update will bring.
By Zoltar 2013-11-04 09:21:37
Link | Quote | Reply

BST can only get better as time goes on. I hope it goes back to being more Charm-centric, but whatever. A couple Iuitl pieces mixed with some delve pieces = impossible to gauge
 Bahamut.Zangada
By Bahamut.Zangada 2013-11-04 09:45:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Most Iuitl and delve pieces are for macro only. Mikinaak hands are good for tp, buremte glove might be a little better.
 Ragnarok.Inx
By Ragnarok.Inx 2013-11-04 11:02:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Just to be clear, when I wrote Iuitl is "all you really need" that wasn't to say that its perfectly optimal, just that its more than enough for success in anything pre-adoulin.

BST's strength as a solo/low-man job is its durability, not its DPS. The time-limits on Delve NM's are always going to be a huge issue regardless of how much we optimize our gear. The simple fact is that Adoulin is just nowhere near as bst-friendly as Abyssea or Dynamis where our toughness really reaps dividends.

I like Iuitl because as a set it really plays to those strengths.
By Zoltar 2013-11-04 11:34:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Zangada said: »
Most Iuitl and delve pieces are for macro only. Mikinaak hands are good for tp, buremte glove might be a little better.

I know you're one of the more hardcore BSTs on our server. Can you post up a TP gearset?

I'd like to improve where I can and whatnot. Already have a good -PDT and Ruinator set, but TP is always changing. Look at mine above and let me know what I should change. Thanks Guttler-face :)

Post deleted by User.
By Zoltar 2013-11-09 16:28:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks! Now how about a set including the Totemic Gear? ;)

Lots of Pet Att/Acc, can't wait to get my hands on it. Your Mikinaak STR-path?
 Bahamut.Zangada
By Bahamut.Zangada 2013-11-09 17:17:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I know you're one of the more hardcore BSTs on our server. Can you post up a TP gearset?

I'd like to improve where I can and whatnot. Already have a good -PDT and Ruinator set, but TP is always changing. Look at mine above and let me know what I should change. Thanks Guttler-face :)

ItemSet 282419

Fell free to send me tells, all the main bst I know are gone.
By Zoltar 2013-11-09 21:22:06
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 282419

Good stuff! Did you take your 99 Guttler to iLvl 119 yet? If so, how's it compare to Kerehcatl?
 Ragnarok.Inx
By Ragnarok.Inx 2013-11-10 06:16:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Otomi Helm > Yaoyotl Helm.
 Bahamut.Zangada
By Bahamut.Zangada 2013-11-10 12:26:09
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 282419

Good stuff! Did you take your 99 Guttler to iLvl 119 yet? If so, how's it compare to Kerehcatl?

Ive had 99 guttler for awhile, I haven't upgraded it yet
Ragnarok.Inx said: »
Otomi Helm > Yaoyotl Helm.

I don't think so for bst espically my set, id lose 2 dex 25acc 5attk 4stp and I already have too much haste so 8 is just a wasted stat.
By Zoltar 2013-11-10 12:44:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Otomi vs Yaoyotl = situational depending on your other gear and/or goals

I can't see why I would need Otomi except maybe on SAM
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 8 9 10