Link | Quote | Reply

i was wondering about this project the other day.. Shame if he did have to stop
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [60 days between previous and next post]
 Phoenix.Dinah
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
By Phoenix.Dinah 2013-07-08 11:06:39
Link | Quote | Reply

He said he found the glitch and repaired it, but I've still yet to hear anything new since then. I hope it was not given up on.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [557 days between previous and next post]
 Ragnarok.Boswen
Premium
Server: Ragnarok
user: Bos
By Ragnarok.Boswen 2015-01-16 14:33:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone heard from this guy? (Apologies for the mega-necro bump...) Had the thought to make a game like this myself and then found out that someone was already in the process of doing so. Shame no one has heard from him. I would have loved to continue making a game like this. If we don't hear from him before too long, we (the player community) might have to "continue" making a project like this... but from scratch... Always thought it'd be great to have an off-line FF11 in the art style/game era of FF3 or Chrono Trigger.
 Bahamut.Scizor
Server: Bahamut
user: Scizor
By Bahamut.Scizor 2015-01-16 15:04:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Negative, Facebook page hasn't been updated in quite a while either.
 Siren.Murdock
Server: Siren
user: Murdock
By Siren.Murdock 2015-01-16 16:13:31
Link | Quote | Reply

So sad, it had lots of potential.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-01-17 15:57:26
Link | Quote | Reply

That map was posted (and not approved) about a hour and a half before the thread was necro'd. So I would say not.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-01-17 16:06:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kaitaru said: »
Very interesting coincidence then :3, I'm merely curious if making something like this via a crowdfunding source would be feasible without getting SE on your a##. Most of the item names and classes are barely original from other RPG and D@D sources but I'm sure SE would have me got when it comes to their iconic monsters. Always wanted to make my first app game something like this to see if I was cut out for game design but being able to have some funds coming in to work on something like this would be crucial.
With SE and their income situation right now, anyone even thinking about using their content, even for fun, and you will find yourself in court faster than you can say First Amendment.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Ethalio 2015-01-17 16:41:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I saw this necrobumb and just decided to upload the map I finished a few month ago.
Since there was no update on the 8bit game on the Facebook page, I tried to do it on my own, but didn't get that far...

The main problem about programming the game isn't writing the code, it's creating all the maps/sprites/graphics for the game. An example: 5 races with 3 of them F/M = 7-8 (depending on Taru, since Tarus use the same model for F/M in the original game) * 22 Jobs = 154 different Sprites. Now you need 1 pic for each direction 'targeting', with at least 1 for each direction 'walking', and additional ones for Battle animations, let's say 10 --> 154*10 = 1540 different Sprites just for the AF. Not to think about the story NPCs and normal NPCs...
 Ragnarok.Hotkarl
Server: Ragnarok
user: hotkarl
By Ragnarok.Hotkarl 2015-01-17 16:56:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Would you use 4,5, or 6 per pt set up? What Would the mission/expansion order be in the story line?(maybe sandbox style and broken up in different paths). Would we get all 3 rings at end of CoP due to playing all characters? Would it Evan be oldshool turn based? (I'd hope so). Just a few things Im curious about if someone were to make this. Regardless of any if that I would definitely hand over all my money for this lol.
[+]
By Ethalio 2015-01-17 17:11:37
Link | Quote | Reply

The plans I had for my game:

Single Player game with 6 Characters per party. Main goal was to make the game as near to the original as possible. The battles were planned to be in a 'battle arena' like the old FF games and it'd be turn-based or FFXI style(selectable by the player). the world map has the same size as all other worldmaps in FFI-VI: 4096x4096 pixels with one cell being 16x16 pixels. In FFI-V all sprites are 16x16 pixels outside the battle and 24x16 during battles (VI has the larger ones outside too). I planned the game to be in the style of the original FFIII NES game.
When I feel like it I still create some Sprites, but it's long and boring work...
[+]
 Asura.Voidwolf
user: Voidwolf
By Asura.Voidwolf 2015-01-19 09:38:13
Link | Quote | Reply

RIP. The project looked interesting.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8