8-Bit FFXI
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Bahamut.Trinnity
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Trinnity
By Bahamut.Trinnity 2013-02-21 21:21:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Visiting bastok.. (rough, still needs much more detail)
[+]
 Fenrir.Weakness
Server: Fenrir
user: Weakness
By Fenrir.Weakness 2013-02-21 21:23:37
Link | Quote | Reply

:o This actually looks like a lot of fun.

I dunno... I always had a dream of FFXI being able to play offline. Like everything pretty much the way it is, boosting exp from mobs to compensate for lack of other PC and being able to get like 2 NPC for a 3 man party. I could go on about my little dream, but it will never happen so meh.
[+]
 Bahamut.Trinnity
By Bahamut.Trinnity 2013-02-21 21:26:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, that was my dream for the last couple years..ended up playing again in 2012 after not playing since 2009...and the game was ruined, no sense of accomplishment...everything i earned was wasted, thanks to this abyssea and 99level cap, can do things with 3-6 people instead of 18 people, so i do still wish for a offline because everything became too easy. this will be the closest i can get until i get into computor graphic school, and create something close to it. (Example: Pandora Saga)
[+]
By Eijii 2013-02-21 21:34:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Looking forward to this.. keep up the good work!
 Sylph.Nazantia
Server: Sylph
user: Nazantia
By Sylph.Nazantia 2013-02-21 22:20:28
Link | Quote | Reply

+Encouragement
[+]
 Odin.Eikechi
Server: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-02-21 22:53:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Trinnity said: »
Yeah, that was my dream for the last couple years..ended up playing again in 2012 after not playing since 2009...and the game was ruined, no sense of accomplishment...everything i earned was wasted, thanks to this abyssea and 99level cap, can do things with 3-6 people instead of 18 people, so i do still wish for a offline because everything became too easy. this will be the closest i can get until i get into computor graphic school, and create something close to it. (Example: Pandora Saga)

This is a legit question, and I'm honestly not trying to sound like an ***. Take it for what it is, but have you done VW at all? That's 18-man content (or a lot more than 6 on Jeuno T3 and higher, without displacers). Did you finish any relic/empy/mythic weapons? None show up on your profile at all or equip history so idk. What exactly became "too easy"?
By Thinblade 2013-02-21 22:54:22
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Bahamut.Trinnity
By Bahamut.Trinnity 2013-02-21 23:50:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Eikechi said: »
This is a legit question, and I'm honestly not trying to sound like an ***. Take it for what it is, but have you done VW at all? That's 18-man content (or a lot more than 6 on Jeuno T3 and higher, without displacers). Did you finish any relic/empy/mythic weapons? None show up on your profile at all or equip history so idk. What exactly became "too easy"?

I stopped playing because i spent 5 years getting 3 level 75's, to come back to the game for 3 months to get 6 lvl 99s, which kinda ruined the game for me, before i quit i was a endgame linkshell leader, and when i came back everything i had was worthless, i tried to get into all the new things, but i couldnt get much help doing so, so i lost interest, i do plan on renewing my account for Adoulin though.
By Zyla 2013-02-22 00:02:28
Link | Quote | Reply

game looks awesome, i want to play this. any kind of estimate as to when you think it'll possibly be a finished project? and what programs will be needed to run it?
 Bahamut.Trinnity
By Bahamut.Trinnity 2013-02-22 00:16:38
Link | Quote | Reply

It shouldnt need a program, and i estimate about a week to two weeks until it will be demo ready for feed back
 Odin.Eikechi
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-02-22 00:22:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Eikechi said: »

I stopped playing because i spent 5 years getting 3 level 75's, to come back to the game for 3 months to get 6 lvl 99s, which kinda ruined the game for me, before i quit i was a endgame linkshell leader, and when i came back everything i had was worthless, i tried to get into all the new things, but i couldnt get much help doing so, so i lost interest, i do plan on renewing my account for Adoulin though.

That's your opinion, and you're certainly entitled to it, but I wouldn't have held my breath and hoped a game would be at a stagnant cap forever. The game had to evolve to stay afloat and keep people interested.

I am interested in seeing this game though.
 Fenrir.Terminus
Server: Fenrir
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2013-02-22 00:56:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh this is a real thing? I thought it was just some artwork which is rad enough. Good job!

Edit- am on phone AND am stupid. Bad combo.
[+]
 Valefor.Artemys
Server: Valefor
user: Artemys
By Valefor.Artemys 2013-02-22 01:04:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Sign me up for Beta Testing!
 Bahamut.Bekisa
By Bahamut.Bekisa 2013-02-22 01:13:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Visiting bastok.. (rough, still needs much more detail)

rough?! that looks much better than some games from major production companies released lately! Looking forward to see more and what you would consider finalized or polished! :)
[+]
 Bahamut.Trinnity
By Bahamut.Trinnity 2013-02-22 01:17:36
Link | Quote | Reply

So far i have Sandy, S gusta, Wadi, Konstacht, Dunes, Gusgen, Selbina, Boat, Latheine, W ronfaure, Ghelsba, Mhaura completed, now to the route to windurst!
 Ragnarok.Hotkarl
Server: Ragnarok
user: hotkarl
By Ragnarok.Hotkarl 2013-02-22 01:24:26
Link | Quote | Reply

That's looks fun as hell, I'll play the ***outta that. Keep up the good work.
 Bahamut.Trinnity
By Bahamut.Trinnity 2013-02-22 03:19:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Everything is going smoothly, just only time consuming thing is making these sprites pixel by pixel...very annoying. lol
[+]
By lucasroper82 2013-02-22 20:56:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm very interested in this too. I have a question: will the visible gear change based on what you have on? Thanks.

EDIT: Any type of release date on it?
By Solrain 2013-02-22 21:19:32
Link | Quote | Reply

This looks absolutely amazing! Are you going to be going with random battles? I think it would be great if you had the mobs on-screen instead, if it's possible. Random battles are horrible, especially in a game based on FFXI.
By sumo 2013-02-22 21:24:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't give enough +'s for this. Screens looks great! I can't wait to see a finished product.
By Tiipapa08 2013-02-22 21:43:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Awesome work looking forward to seeing this completed!
 Bahamut.Trinnity
By Bahamut.Trinnity 2013-02-22 22:22:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I am able to script it to change graphics upon changing gear yes, but the only downside i see to that is having a party of 6, all the same level, a lot of them will look exactly the same at the start, which i tried to avoid, but it is possible, and for random battles, i am having it set up as random battles for the fact that i can change % of different encounters, so i can make Worms in gustaberg 20% of the time, and Leaping Lizzy, in a certain region of the map, is at a 5% chance to show up.

Region set up is like so.

There for, Leaping lizzy will only show up in region 1, 5% of the time.
[+]
By Azurea 2013-02-22 22:38:28
Link | Quote | Reply

This is ... sort of awesome. You have my support!
 Odin.Morgish
user: morgish
By Odin.Morgish 2013-02-22 22:58:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Impressive i was always wondering if this was possible looks like it is good work so far.
By aviannax 2013-02-22 23:15:26
Link | Quote | Reply

wow just WOW , i,m down to play the hell outta this!
 Shiva.Kingafk
Guildwork Premium
Server: Shiva
user: Papasmurf
By Shiva.Kingafk 2013-02-22 23:25:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't even get into RPGs or games..I was roped into FFXI and have been tied up to it since 2004..and only FF game I've touched..

..However I would LOVE to get that game!
 Asura.Escorian
Server: Asura
user: Escorian
By Asura.Escorian 2013-02-22 23:30:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Changed the battle system a lot from that basic first person fighting that i really did not like.
Still have to put in more animations.

What? .... you didn't change the first person to 3rd person.... That's how the more recent rpg makers are....

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Asura.Nightbear
Server: Asura
user: Nightbear
By Asura.Nightbear 2013-02-23 00:29:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Amazing!!!
 Bahamut.Trinnity
By Bahamut.Trinnity 2013-02-23 01:04:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Escorian said: »
What? .... you didn't change the first person to 3rd person.... That's how the more recent rpg makers are....

This is how the program does basic fights, no characters, no character images, just the enemy, and attack slashs. i had to script it to put the players on the screen, and change the whole battle menu.
 Bahamut.Trinnity
By Bahamut.Trinnity 2013-02-23 01:26:06
Link | Quote | Reply

That was the basic fighting, this is mine ( still need more portraits)

[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8