[Dev] Seekers Of Adoulin (Mar 13)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » [Dev] Seekers of Adoulin (Mar 13)
[Dev] Seekers of Adoulin (Mar 13)
First Page 2 ... 27 28 29
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-12-26 12:54:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Seekers of Adoulin Prologue

As the eight century came to a close, so did
the islands' old regime. The royal family,
in partnership with the eleven knightly orders, agreed to abolish
imperial rule...from which arose the Sacred City of Adoulin.

The rate at which it developed astounded all.
In the blink of an eye, Adoulin had become a maritime metropolis,
its mercantile prowess rivaling even Jeuno's.

The hustle and bustle of the commoners' district in the west--Adoulin's
center of trade and pioneering hub--serves as a stark
contrast to the refined, stoic castle in the east.
It is upon the urban landscape that adventurers will first
leave their mark...in the next chapter of the Vana'diel's history.

The Varied Personages in "Seekers of Adoulin"
Swordmaiden
These feisty damsel may sport a shortsword with a sheath as dark as the abyss, but rest assured, she has a heart of pure gold. Her emerald green eyes and shimmering silver hair tucked neatly under an elegant bonnet belie her altruistic nature, and are some of the first sights adventurers will see when they run across her at the Ceizak Battlegrounds.

Numerous characters make appearances throughout new quests and missions!

Title FINAL FANTASY® XI: Seekers of Adoulin™ FINAL FANTASY® XI Ultimate Collection Seekers Edition
Platforms Windows® PC (Digital Download), Xbox 360®
Release Date Software to be Released on March 26th, 2013
Servers to be Launched on March 27th, 2013 (Time TBA)
Price Windows® PC (Digital Download) $29.99 Windows® PC (Digital Download) $39.99
Xbox 360® $29.99 Xbox 360® $39.99
Notes FINAL FANTASY XI Seekers of Adoulin is not a stand-alone game. The FINAL FANTASY XI game must be installed beforehand. The FINAL FANTASY XI Ultimate Collection Seekers Edition features FINAL FANTASY XI, Seekers of Adoulin, and all previously released expansion and add-on packs including Rise of the Zilart, Chains of Promathia, Treasures of Aht Urhgan, Wings of the Goddess, A Crystalline Prophecy, A Moogle Kupo d’Etat, A Shantotto Ascension, Vision of Abyssea, Scars of Abyssea, and Heroes of Abyssea.

Areas
Western Adoulin
Western Adoulin serves as the home base for the Sacred City of Adoulin's pioneering plans and, as the entranceway to the city, is also a hub for adventurers who were afforded safe passage to assist in the city's long-term settlement project. More than just a mere facade, this section of the city is brimming with activity, from townsfolk going about their daily sundries to a variety of facilities specially tailored for would-be pioneers.

Rala Waterways
The Rala Waterways are a gigantic expanse of interconnected underground straits spanning from east to west by means of the Big Bridge. Always a popular subject of gossip amongst the citizenry, the two-hundred-year-old Waterways are not only a source of water for Adoulin; they're also regarded as a place of wonder and--according to rumor--a home to all manner of unfriendly creatures. As such, they are not open to the general public.

Yahse Hunting Grounds
The Hunting Grounds are a second expanse of jungle located adjacent to the Ceizak Battlegrounds, and can be accessed via boat from Eastern Adoulin. Perhaps in part due to the similar topography, flora, and fauna, many pioneers have lost their way when traversing between the two. Enormous trees dominate the landscape, their twisted roots serving as a grim reminder that humanity is not welcome within. Opening up this land for population is one of the primary goals of the pioneering project.

Ceizak Battlegrounds
Beyond the guarding gaze of Jorius Yett lie the Ceizak Battlegrounds, a dense stretch of jungle serving as the symbol of Western Adoulin. Species of vermin never before seen in the Middle Lands call the Battlegrounds home and, together with enormous trees impeding any sense of progress, pose an obstacle for intrepid pioneers to overcome. No colonization effort has any hope of succeeding without first breaking the land free from the stranglehold of its twisted grasp.

Foret de Hennetiel
The Foret--the lowest-lying area in all of Eastern Ulbuka--is known throughout all Adoulin as a harsh, punishing environment where neither people nor animals had been able to tread for hundreds of years due to the contamination of the Zoldeff River that flows through it. Yet nature herself eventually reclaims all that has been sullied, and recent years have seen a blossoming of all manner of fascinating plant life hitherto unseen. Settling this wilderness poses yet another issue the Adoulinians must overcome.

Sih Gates
The Gates are famous as home to all types of grisly foes around its large rocks and within its limestone caves. The roots of the gigantic arbors found in the hunting and battlegrounds protrude from the rocks, choking what remains of the treaded paths and preventing easy passage. Many species of fungi line the walls and floor of the caves, but they are not fit for consumption, and as such can provide little succor. The population of the vile Acuex within has been multiplying, and with pioneers forced to fight in such close quarters, antitoxins are a must for survival.

Moh Gates
The Moh Gates are a dungeon connecting Ceizak Battlegrounds with Morimar Basalt Fields. Serving as a stark contrast to the frigid fields, waves of red-hot magma churn in the depths below--a chilling testament to the destructive force that nature can be. In some places, sizzling hot springs bubble just above the surface, to which many pioneers pay regular visits to recover from their weary days. Yet with the vicious matamata laying in wait just along the outskirts, any respite is short-lived.

Adversaries
Velkk
These notoriously ruthless savages have set up their base of operations in the west of Eastern Ulbuka. According to records of old, they once lived throughout the various islands that constitute the Adoulinian archipelago, but were forced further and further west as the First King's influence grew.

Velkk fighters can be classified into two broad types: bellicose warriors who desire only to massacre their foes in the most bloody way imaginable, and devoted practitioners of the black arts who delight in using their spells to gain the upper hand in battle.

Twitherym
Don't be deceived by the majestic hue and intricate choreographic magic these butterflies exhibit--their bite certainly matches their beauty. They mainly live outdoors, but specific strains have been known to inhabit dungeons throughout Ulbuka in addition to their purple brethren.

Chapuli
This particular species of vermin makes its home in the Yahse Hunting Grounds and Ceizak Battlegrounds. Pay close attention to the horns protruding from their heads, for they can cut through foes cleaner than a Far Eastern katana. Their towering leaps and breakneck speed can leave even the most adroit of adventurers befuddled.

Matamata
Thickly wooded groves and tropical regions play host to these reptilian monstrosities, whose quaint moniker extenuates their ponderous size. They may seem like slow-moving creatures, but try telling that to the few pioneers who've survived the rapid succession of lashings dealt to them by a matamata tail. That's hardly their only weapon, however, as they can also expel internally boiled water at unbelievable velocities.

Heartwing
Scattered reports of heartwing sightings have come in from all corners of Eastern Ulbuka, and those who've seen these affable spirits in person note that they enjoy drifting about harmlessly and trailing after pioneers.

It may be difficult to discern any logical behavioral patterns from these enigmatic creatures, but almost all their witnesses agree that there's nothing cuter on the whole continent than a fluttering heartwing. However, what follows after espying a heartwing usually sends chills down one's spine rather than inflaming one's passions...

Craklaw
Aquans through and through, craklaws make their homes in the rivers and deltas of Eastern Ulbuka. Their gigantic claws can slice boulders in half like knives through Selbina butter, and their massive stony shells spurn even the most carefully crafted weapons without suffering a scratch. It would require no stretch of the imagination to label them as moving underwater fortresses.

Acuex
Acuexes have spread throughout Eastern Ulbuka's underground regions, and many a witness has come forth to attest to the acridness of the poisonous gas they spout. Little is known about these miniscule monsters, except that they multiply rapidly and gather in the nooks and crannies of caves as well as their walls. Scientists have tried proving that the miasma acuexes spout is related to the spores of mushrooms, but so far have met only with failure.

Umbril
As their name suggests, umbrils skulk amongst the shadows, shrouded in mysteries as opaque as their natural habitat. Records from ancient scrolls confirm their existence in Eastern Ulbuka since long ago, yet details regarding their behavior are few and far between--the most terrifying of which is that they can glide through earth and walls with nary a thought. No wonder they're most widely known only as the "Jungle's Curse."

New Jobs
Geomancer
Harnessing the elemental energies that course through Vana'diels veins in ways that no sorcerer can, geomancers both aid their comrades-in-arms and teach their foes how deadly the forces of nature can be.

Rune Fencer
Quick with a blade as well as an incantation, these versatile duelists employ the power of arcane runes to sway the tide of battle both offensively and defensively.

[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-12-26 12:56:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Developer and Community Representative Posts

Matsui:

Seekers of Adoulin Website Update Tomorrow!

Good evening, it's Matsui.

It's been so cold recently that it's been painful to get out of bed!

I can finally tell everyone that tomorrow we are unveiling new information about Seekers of Adoulin. I'm definitely looking forward to this, so please stay patient for another day - the website will be renewed tomorrow and a new preview trailer will be published.

The new Seekers of Adoulin information to be released tomorrow will also be published together with interviews we performed with "Playstation Blitz" and "Famitsu Connect!" so I hope you can enjoy it together.

We will continue to convey all kinds of information about Seekers of Adoulin in the future as the opportunities arise, and we are hard at work on the development.

We're looking forward to hearing back from you!

Fujito:

For SoA we'll have plenty of new monsters also.

Want to see? Here's one! I took this photo just a little while ago:

For monsters not exposed in tomorrow's update, if you squint you may see them. I personally recommend Third Eye.

Mocchi:

Hey www
I really don't know what he meant! w

Well... because we already showed this monster's art at the Vana'fest, I guess I can remove the mosaic:

Mocchi>> Can I?
>>Ito OK!
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-12-26 13:00:34
Link | Quote | Reply

you really want me to resub to get ready for this don't you Matsui
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-12-26 13:02:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I really want to see some videos of the new jobs in action. I know at least one of them is going to be great, still I want to see!!
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-12-26 13:09:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I want to see some Rune Fencer animations and stuff personally... Geomancer will be ok but it can only get so cool throwing totems on the floor. I want to make things explode by drawing things with my mind
 Carbuncle.Sanders
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sanders
By Carbuncle.Sanders 2012-12-26 13:14:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Very excited, this is gonna be better than yesterday.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2012-12-26 13:15:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Hope play as a monster is released sooner, and not part of Adoulin. ;/
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-12-26 13:28:03
Link | Quote | Reply

That's probably the headline for the next big patch tbh. Idk what they'll do between now and March other than that though, they've already put out everything that was planned in terms of content additions afaik.

edit: nvm, meebles expansions
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-12-26 13:34:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Dying from excitement!
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-12-26 13:38:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
That's probably the headline for the next big patch tbh. Idk what they'll do between now and March other than that though, they've already put out everything that was planned in terms of content additions afaik.

edit: nvm, meebles expansions
and ZNM expansion <3

I hate ZNM so much~
 Asura.Zizek
Server: Asura
user: zizek
By Asura.Zizek 2012-12-26 13:46:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Well now we know where that new item "brocolli" drops from
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Systematicchaos 2012-12-26 14:01:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Looks like something out of Kindgom Hearts...
[+]
 Valefor.Sapphire
By Valefor.Sapphire 2012-12-26 14:08:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Cant wait till this is released to level aby burn these new jobs and immediately complain about how bad a DD runefencer is.
Nice brussel sprout monster >.>
 Shiva.Arana
Server: Shiva
user: Arana1
By Shiva.Arana 2012-12-26 14:09:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Or *** about how op it is.
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2012-12-26 14:15:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Very exciting, I hope the missions have decently challenging boss fights.
[+]
 Cerberus.Deadplaything
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Deadplaything 2012-12-26 14:35:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Kane Anyway, don't you think that the dwarves on Level 4...

Iook a little too similar to the elves on Level 6?
Might be a little too confusing.

Jp Well, that's an interesting theory, Kane.

But redesigning all those characters at this stage would be way too expensive.

Kane I agree. But what if you just rendered them a different color? You know, that would be cheap and quick.

Jp Uh- Leave the decisions to me, Kane.

There's a reason why I'm the creator of E.D.S. 3 and you're just a tester.
At least they are making new monsters.
[+]
 Siren.Calnus
user: Calnus
By Siren.Calnus 2012-12-26 14:58:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Been waiting for a update to the website and a trailer. Can't wait and hope I don't have my hopes up too high :|

In either case as mentioned, can't wait~
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-12-26 15:00:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm sure our hopes are up too high, but I'm sure it won't be terrible.
[+]
 Siren.Calnus
user: Calnus
By Siren.Calnus 2012-12-26 15:04:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kalilla said: »
I just want a full on ToAU style expansion again. All new zones, music, feel, mobs/nm/hnm, shops/guilds and etc. I have doubt in the moogle farm and more misplaced hope in the play as a monster system as well but I'll take anything they throw us at the moment.

I'd give almost anything for that ToAU feeling again in FFXI.
[+]
 Odin.Rendra
Server: Odin
user: Rendra
By Odin.Rendra 2012-12-26 15:05:30
Link | Quote | Reply

You guys need to quit being negative nancys and just be excited that they are giving us info finally.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Rearden
Server: Lakshmi
user: Churchill
By Lakshmi.Rearden 2012-12-26 15:06:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Rendra said: »
You guys need to quit being negative nancys and just be excited that they are giving us info finally.
lol
[+]
 Asura.Daleterrence
Server: Asura
user: Dalight
By Asura.Daleterrence 2012-12-26 15:14:16
Link | Quote | Reply

You must be new 'round these parts.
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-12-26 15:14:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Calnus said: »
I just want a full on ToAU style expansion again. All new zones, music, feel, mobs/nm/hnm, shops/guilds and etc. I have doubt in the moogle farm and more misplaced hope in the play as a monster system as well but I'll take anything they throw us at the moment.

I'd give almost anything for that ToAU feeling again in FFXI.
I have issues with ToAU, but I think it was a great expansion overall. It really got me feeling like I'm traveling to a new world. I think they did very well even though I didn't particularly enjoy it over other parts of the game.

If they could release content that well done again I'd be very impressed, and I hope that they do the amazing concept art justice. The amount of info we have so far is quite a lot but at the same time is almost nothing.

I just want to see more of the concept art really :o
[+]
 Odin.Rendra
Server: Odin
user: Rendra
By Odin.Rendra 2012-12-26 15:20:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Daleterrence said: »

You must be new 'round these parts.

Nope, its just that every other post about this game is something negative, Remake of Salvage, NNI is too hard, Limbus is lame. etc. etc. It's pretty annoying reading those types of post almost everyday... Even if they do something right... someone is still complaining about how they shouldn't have done that. but i usually just keep quiet and lurk. Which I'll go back to doing

If this game pisses you off so much and makes you depressed then quit posting and move on, go annoy someone else.

End Rant.
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-12-26 15:24:39
Link | Quote | Reply

People have been negative about this game from the start <3

that will never change, nor will it change in any other game ever made.
[+]
By Latifah 2012-12-26 16:47:32
Link | Quote | Reply

People have been negative about this game from the start <3

that will never change, nor will it change in any other game ever made.
Yes, some things will never change.
[+]
 Bismarck.Narshee
Server: Bismarck
user: Narshee
By Bismarck.Narshee 2012-12-26 16:48:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Those don't even look the same except for the tails..
[+]
 Lakshmi.Rearden
Server: Lakshmi
user: Churchill
By Lakshmi.Rearden 2012-12-26 16:48:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you comparing those and saying they look similar to each other?
[+]
By Latifah 2012-12-26 16:49:18
Link | Quote | Reply

its just a re-skin/rehash, just like the entire game, i love how people are in denial on these forums
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2012-12-26 16:50:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you know what a reskin is?
[+]
First Page 2 ... 27 28 29