[Dev] RNG: Ammo Adjustments
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Quetzalcoatl.Xcash
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: TBK
By Quetzalcoatl.Xcash 2012-11-10 12:42:15
Link | Quote | Reply

i did over 10 dyna qufim to finish that trials for it i went through hell for it and this *** want to nerf it WTF is wrong with him
 Siren.Thoraeon
Server: Siren
user: Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2012-11-10 12:49:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Xcash said: »
i did over 10 dyna qufim to finish that trials for it i went through hell for it and this *** want to nerf it WTF is wrong with him
It took you more than 1?
 Leviathan.Kincard
Server: Leviathan
user: Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2012-11-10 12:57:39
Link | Quote | Reply

If he's alone I imagine it's pretty annoying to xp RNG in Dynamis unless you have a Kraken.
[+]
 Sylph.Knala
Server: Sylph
user: nala
By Sylph.Knala 2012-11-10 13:04:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Damonz said: »
Bismarck.Helel said: »
Why do people think it's store tp +10... Camate even said what it was in his post... It's TP+1 per recycle merit per shot if recycle procs.

Store TP +10 per merrit is effectively the same thing as TP+1 per merrit.

... wow... STP is a percentile increase of your base TP gain, +1 tp is +1 tp PERIOD ffs...

if you say have an annihilator with 240 delay ammo (think it all is save for spartan bullets?) thats 822 delay which translates to 16.6 tp assuming no STP meaning you'd need 31 STP to make an increase of 5 stp per hit, now assuming you have 21 stp for a required 5 hit you'd need 51 total stp or in other words the net gain in terms of stp for a 5 hit becomes 20 stp vs no gear at all.

TL:DR 10 STP=/=+1 TP and at higher STP the net increase of the beret has a diminishing return in terms of STP.

Shiva.Damonz said: »
Store TP isn't a % it's a flat rate store TP +10 is 1 TP per hit store TP +15 is 1.5 TP per hit, I have +51 STP on sam, I do not get +51% per hit I get 5.1 tp a hit

Wow man just wow, 1 stp = 1% increase to tp gained, basically if you have STP fully merited on sam with your masamune and no hassanshin procs and meleeing naked you'd expect to get 11.1*1.40 rounded down = 15.5, recommend you go test this now and stop posting.

Also using your example (+51 gear or total?) 11.1*1.51 = 16.7 which is 5.6 increase due to STP further more why aren't you using a 5 hit build?
[+]
By Chyula 2012-11-10 13:41:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Only a fool will use expensive ammo, merchant ammo ftw.
 Sylph.Binckry
user: Binckly
By Sylph.Binckry 2012-11-10 14:59:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Chyula said: »
Only a fool will use expensive ammo, merchant ammo ftw.
Wat.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Taereon
Server: Ragnarok
user: Halo4
By Ragnarok.Taereon 2012-11-10 15:37:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I hope they go ahead and add CORs to this recycle business now rather than later. You know they will after 6 months anyway, If not Imma be /rng.

I always thought that cor deserved a conserve consumable roll anyway. Recycle/Ninja Tool Expertise/Trump Card with a decent proc rate. Cheap ***'s Roll lucky 4 Unlucky 5.
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2012-11-10 15:49:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Kincard said: »
If he's alone I imagine it's pretty annoying to xp RNG in Dynamis unless you have a Kraken.

You don't need a kraken to solo EXP in less than 10 runs.
[+]
 Sylph.Knala
user: nala
By Sylph.Knala 2012-11-10 16:34:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Only took me 2 runs had to duo with a bst though.
 Leviathan.Kincard
Server: Leviathan
user: Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2012-11-11 00:07:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, certainly wouldn't take him only 1. Even for my WAR pieces it took me two runs (granted I don't go specifically to get xp, I farm coins while I get xp, did it as WAR/THF + DNC), and that's if I'm using a +100% ring. I don't actually play RNG so I'm not too familiar with how RNGs fare in melee range these days, but if you're, say, going /DNC and using daggers, I would guess it'd take like, at least 5 runs to finish if you arn't using an xp ring?

Not as bad as xping BLM, that's for sure. Heh.