[Dev] RNG: Ammo Adjustments
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-09-14 01:14:48
Link | Quote | Reply

You talking about the 100mil it takes to get to T1 or the 100mil I'll be selling them for
 Phoenix.Dramatica
Server: Phoenix
user: Darkmagi1
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2012-09-14 01:19:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Selling, I know multiple people on my server have been trying to buy them for 80-115mil. I'm assuming this is the case elsewhere, considering it's one of the few pieces that probably won't get outdated for a long while. Not sure how the other crafts fair -1 wise though, I know a lot of the khepri/Tenryu stuff is desirable too.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-09-14 01:22:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I doubt many other pieces will go for anywhere close to 80-115m lol... highest I've heard is Tenryu Tekko going for 30m or something, and they're arguably in the top 3 or 5 most useful pieces of those -1 abj armors. I'm actually sort of staggered that anyone is paying that much for those.
 Phoenix.Dramatica
user: Darkmagi1
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2012-09-14 01:24:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, one sold on the AH for 110, another was bought via comment for 115. I know an acquaintance of mine has sold a pair for 100mil on siren as well. It's pretty insane.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-09-14 01:24:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I leveled the wrong craft :(

best piece I can make is a refresh head or something
[+]
 Asura.Leairc
Server: Asura
user: Leairc
By Asura.Leairc 2012-09-19 10:22:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Hotsoups said: »
Phoenix.Dramatica said: »
The huge problem with rng is the fact that the job is always going to deal sub par damage and spend an extraordinary amount more on consumables than any other job.
Subpar? What? In what event that you bring RNGs to do they only do Subpar damage?

Keep this in mind, then:

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
The reason RNG excels so much in Voidwatch is because of the dusty wings. RNG doesn't get TP as quickly as other jobs and it allows them to keep up. 300 TP fully buffed up last stand spam is nothing to laugh at.
Wings eat up a few seconds of time when you count use + static delay. In that time, a two-hand melee is going to get about halfway to their next WS. Factor in white damage and the apparent gap between damage due to Last Stand's high potential closes very quickly even here, let alone when you're shooting for TP.
I'm not advocating that RNG is the best DD out there. I'm just refuting that RNG does subpar damage, which is entirely untrue.
Can't refute it until you define what is actually "par", and any such judgement will be subjective anyway. Wasting your time.

Hotsoups is more than welcome to refute this comment as Dramatic is stating the job does subpar damage vs amount of consumables used; therefore, the burden of proof lies on Dramatic to point out exactly how flawed the damage is using consumables versus another job that doesn't. Trying to call out someone to show proof when the original instigator failes to do so, yet you don't chase after them.... sorry, I call trollin.

Albeit, this is going to throw us back into the whole arguement of "which job is better than which job for x situation?" and that is a dead-horse. Clearly, So quit being an intellectual bully and back off. Your nasty habits of being holier than thou get down right damn annoying on these boards.

How bout, if you'd like to be a nice guy who would earn my respect; provide the data for everyone instead of pointing fingers?
 Leviathan.Syagin
Server: Leviathan
user: Kerron
By Leviathan.Syagin 2012-09-19 11:29:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Bekisa said: »
1) RNG's and future RNG's (and COR's) rejoice 2) Crafters /butthurt (get used to it, RDM been dealing with it for years now!)
1) RNG's and future RNG's (and COR's) rejoice 2) Crafters /butthurt (get used to it, RDM been dealing with it for years now!)
though i have had alchemy for quite some time know... I dont recall a time it's ever been usefule... so lord knows im used to it... :(
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2012-09-19 11:40:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Syagin said: »
though i have had alchemy for quite some time know... I dont recall a time it's ever been usefule... so lord knows im used to it... :(

Anima days, lvling gold with it to make reraise earrings was the best I ever made with it. Now, almost anyone can make anima, lvl75 + ki so lvl70+ support is just fine, and there's practically free reraise scrolls, or atma :<
 Shiva.Paulu
Server: Shiva
user: Paulu
By Shiva.Paulu 2012-09-19 11:46:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Keep telling DD about Panacea for Legion. Alchemists will clean up! On Shiva they went from 200k a stack, which was pretty break even, up to 350k at the moment.
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2012-09-19 11:54:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Paulu said: »
Keep telling DD about Panacea for Legion. Alchemists will clean up! On Shiva they went from 200k a stack, which was pretty break even, up to 350k at the moment.

Aye, I've looked into it, except atm phil. stones are 30k each and panacea are 150k a stack. They'd have to jump to like 500k/stack before it would even be worth the time to make them imo >_>
 Shiva.Paulu
Server: Shiva
user: Paulu
By Shiva.Paulu 2012-09-19 12:02:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, they're only 10k for stones on Shiva. It's a good idea to ask people if you do any VW shouts as well. It seems to be a fairly common drop. It's not fast cash but it's the only relevant alchemy item outside of hexed gear I can think of for now.
 Leviathan.Syagin
By Leviathan.Syagin 2012-09-19 12:32:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Hohenheim said: »
Shiva.Paulu said: »
Aye, I've looked into it, except atm phil. stones are 30k each and panacea are 150k a stack. They'd have to jump to like 500k/stack before it would even be worth the time to make them imo >_>
Honestly speaking i would really appreciate alchemy to be concidered one of the stronger crafts in the game because i think this is the only game i have played that it was considered one of the lesser crfts... we normally have the ability to enhance armor, make some of the most potent potions etc.. hell if they could increase the effect of potions in the game and make them worth a damn to use that would make a differance.
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2012-09-19 12:33:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Give us the ability to make megalixirs >_> Alchemy 110+ onry!
[+]
 Phoenix.Cathaldus
user: DanielH
By Phoenix.Cathaldus 2012-09-19 12:58:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Would end up curing 200~300 HP going by previous potions.
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2012-09-19 13:00:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Cathaldus said: »

well, max-potion only cures 500, +3 700 (though unlikely to hq them enough), unless you're talking about lucid potions and the like,
 Quetzalcoatl.Kyrial
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Kyrial
By Quetzalcoatl.Kyrial 2012-09-19 13:09:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Except that Megalixirs are already in the game as temp items and they restore all HP and MP. :P
 Leviathan.Syagin
By Leviathan.Syagin 2012-09-19 13:43:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Come on Cathaldus we're trying to improve the alchemist bro don't kill our hopes and dreams ;/... Hell they should let us make FANATICS!
[+]
 Phoenix.Cathaldus
user: DanielH
By Phoenix.Cathaldus 2012-09-19 16:01:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I was just messing because of how rubbish the alchemy potions are already.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-09-19 16:03:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Do wish they'd buff those, or at least let them stack. Can put a 30-60 second medicated effect on them even for balance reasons
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2012-09-19 16:09:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Do wish they'd buff those, or at least let them stack. Can put a 30-60 second medicated effect on them even for balance reasons

theres concoction for up to hi-potions only i think, but they have a lol5mins or something medicated effect :<
 Carbuncle.Sisko
Server: Carbuncle
user: siskotaru
By Carbuncle.Sisko 2012-10-04 07:35:43
Link | Quote | Reply

[ADVICE]

My ranger is 17 and ready to go. I've been using Scavange every 5 minutes for 8 years now, and I've almost completed a full stack of rusty bolt cases.

Ammo can be so cheap if you know what you're doing !
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [34 days between previous and next post]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-11-07 12:13:28
Link | Quote | Reply

11-07-2012 06:50 AM
[BG source] [JP source]
Slycer
BG Translator

Regarding the Cost of Ammunition

Hello,

Matsui & co. have discussed adjustments related to the cost of ammunition, and we are thinking about the following adjustments:

1. Add Recycle job traits
    We want Recycle to be learned as a basic job trait, with the degree of the effect increasing at certain levels.

2. Increase the effects of recycle items and merit points on the probability of triggering Recycle.

Although we could increase the number from a synthesis result or have ammo be sold in stores, we think it will be of greater benefit to increase the effectiveness of Recycle.

So that you have an idea of the amount of Recycle we are talking about, at the moment, we are considering that the combined effect of merit points, equipment, and the job trait could increase the Recycle rate to about 90% (not taking into account damage reduction by making certain gear choices).

Translated by: Slycer
Subscribe

11-07-2012 12:38 PM
[source]
Camate
Community Rep

Hello!

Producer Matsui has been carefully looking into ways to address players’ concerns about ammo costs, and is planning on the below changes:

• Recycle job trait

• Instead of acquiring this trait via merit points, it will be learned naturally through leveling. The strength of the effect will increase in tiers depending on your level.
    • Adding merit points to the Recycle category will enhance the activation rate.

While there were other suggestions given as feedback, the development team feels that increasing the effect of Recycle holds the most benefit. They are still in the midst of discussing what would be a good amount to enhance it, but as a starting point they have currently mentioned a rate of 90% with the job trait, merit points, and equipment. Please note that they are not planning any kind of damage decrease to go along with these changes.

We will be sure to keep you posted on any additional information we hear!
Subscribe
[+]
By Gameesh 2012-11-07 12:24:59
Link | Quote | Reply

90%!? Wow ._.
So basically in the end you can use one quiver for a few days instead of a few hours?
 Bismarck.Moonlightespada
MSPaint Winner
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Moonlightespada 2012-11-07 12:28:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Wish they'd do this for COR ._.
[+]
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-11-07 12:28:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Gameesh said: »
90%!? Wow ._.
So basically in the end you can use one quiver for a few days instead of a few hours minutes?
Ftfy.
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-11-07 12:30:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Slycer said "Another translation, maybe make some RNGs and/or CORs happy:"

I didn't copy/paste that in.

I'm not sure what jobs they are doing this for, if the official community reps say COR at all I'll change the title to both jobs.

I'll keep the thread here in RNG though.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-11-07 12:31:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Obviously cor doesn't need to have the trait as high as rng, but even with a smaller chance I'd be sparkling with joy.
 Bismarck.Moonlightespada
MSPaint Winner
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Moonlightespada 2012-11-07 12:31:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Cool thx for the info Kali :3
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-11-07 12:46:51
Link | Quote | Reply

11-07-2012 12:38 PM
[source]
Camate
Community Rep

Hello!

Producer Matsui has been carefully looking into ways to address players’ concerns about ammo costs, and is planning on the below changes:

• Recycle job trait

• Instead of acquiring this trait via merit points, it will be learned naturally through leveling. The strength of the effect will increase in tiers depending on your level.
    • Adding merit points to the Recycle category will enhance the activation rate.

While there were other suggestions given as feedback, the development team feels that increasing the effect of Recycle holds the most benefit. They are still in the midst of discussing what would be a good amount to enhance it, but as a starting point they have currently mentioned a rate of 90% with the job trait, merit points, and equipment. Please note that they are not planning any kind of damage decrease to go along with these changes.

We will be sure to keep you posted on any additional information we hear!
Subscribe
By Avitori 2012-11-07 12:50:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Most crafters are already *** over enough, may as well take away everything and even the playing field. Cooking and Fishing will be the only profitable "crafts" left, and that's just fine!

I have chosen wisely muahahaa