[dev1137] Salvage Battlefield Expansion

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Salvage/Assault » [dev1137] Salvage Battlefield Expansion
[dev1137] Salvage Battlefield Expansion
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15
 Gilgamesh.Nynja
Server: Gilgamesh
Game: FFXI
user: NynJa
By Gilgamesh.Nynja 2012-08-15 12:17:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Avitori said: »
I tri-box salvage for the Alexandrite
You tri box it and cant put a thief main?

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
Salvage 35s (probably except Bhaflau) are set up so you have a 20-25% chance of seeing any specific one per zone you do right now.
I always loved how SE upped the drop rate, but left the bhaflau spawn rate as is.
 Ragnarok.Ravant
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ravant
By Ragnarok.Ravant 2012-08-15 12:22:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
Salvage 35s (probably except Bhaflau) are set up so you have a 20-25% chance of seeing any specific one per zone you do right now.

Tell that to the 35 Usu Hands Frog >.< He seems to think the drop rate is 0%
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2012-08-15 12:36:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Quiznor said: »
I just hope neo drop rates will be akin to old school drop rates.
The abyssea/casual generations tears will be delicious!

Not to mention I'd love to see the official forums thread being 500 pages long about how it needs to be adjusted xD

You're assuming new Salvage gear trumps or matches Neo-Nyzul gear because Neo-Limbus gear left me scratching my head saying "This ***isn't even better than some Empyrean +1 gear."
[+]
 Lakshmi.Ashtopcat
user: ashtopcat
By Lakshmi.Ashtopcat 2012-08-15 12:38:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Galith said: »
I don't think I could stand anymore Magian Trial crap, I'm glad they didn't decide to go with that.
says the guy with a blm fire staff!
By ScaevolaBahamut 2012-08-15 12:49:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I just hope neo drop rates will be akin to old school drop rates. The abyssea/casual generations tears will be delicious! Not to mention I'd love to see the official forums thread being 500 pages long about how it needs to be adjusted xD

For 3 days, at which point they will resume caring about Neo-Salvage as much as they care about Neo-Anything-Else-That-Isn't-Dynamis.

Enjoy your 600mil mythics.
[+]
By Avitori 2012-08-15 12:52:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Nynja said: »
Avitori said: »
I tri-box salvage for the Alexandrite
You tri box it and cant put a thief main?

MNK DNC/THF BST is how I roll, I consistently get ~70-90 alex each run not counting boss floor and thats good enough for me. Same thing with dynamis average ~330-370 each time. TH2 is more than enough in my opinion.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2012-08-15 12:53:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Place your bets on what the upgrade items for new gear will be~

Ormolu Ingot - Head / Goldsmithing
Scarletite Ingots - Body / Smithing
Kapor Lumber - Hands / Woodworking
Serica Cloth - Legs / Clothcraft
Amphiptere Leather - Feet / Leathercraft

Yum.

If SE wants to be especially devious they'll swap Serica with Penelope Cloth for epic nerdrage.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2012-08-15 12:57:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I hope you're wrong but know you're right.
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
Server: Fenrir
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2012-08-15 12:58:41
Link | Quote | Reply

ScaevolaBahamut said: »
I just hope neo drop rates will be akin to old school drop rates. The abyssea/casual generations tears will be delicious! Not to mention I'd love to see the official forums thread being 500 pages long about how it needs to be adjusted xD

For 3 days, at which point they will resume caring about Neo-Salvage as much as they care about Neo-Anything-Else-That-Isn't-Dynamis.

Enjoy your 600mil mythics.

If the content is designed on-par with how Salvage was for 75, people are going to do it. It was a great event.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2012-08-15 13:07:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Jinjo said: »
If the content is designed on-par with how Salvage was for 75, people are going to do it. It was a great event.

Salvage was only successful @75 because the majority of gear was top tier and even then only a handful of the hardcore endgamers were doing it. NA pickup groups for Salvage on Lakshmi were nonexistent meaning if you didn't have a solid static group you were paying another group to leech pieces for you. This doesn't bode well for the Alexandrite markets unless every mob is going to now drop single Alexandrite with NMs dropping Cottons/Linens.

More importantly this also assumes Neo-Salvage gear will be as amazing as Neo-Nyzul stuff in that you had clear upgrades people salivate over. If this new gear is sidegrade or barely better than Empyrean+2 / VW tier stuff with ridiculously expensive synth materials attached to it then it could easily go Neo-Limbus and be something you do for 1-2 pieces at best.

Limbus was designed well @75 but Neo-Limbus? Wasted potential.
[+]
 Asura.Kese
Server: Asura
user: buhusky34
By Asura.Kese 2012-08-15 13:10:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »

Salvage was only successful @75 because the majority of gear was top tier and even then only a handful of the hardcore endgamers were doing it. NA pickup groups for Salvage on Lakshmi were nonexistent meaning if you didn't have a solid static group you were paying another group to leech pieces for you. This doesn't bode well for the Alexandrite markets unless every mob is going to now drop single Alexandrite with NMs dropping Cottons/Linens.

More importantly this also assumes Neo-Salvage gear will be as amazing as Neo-Nyzul stuff in that you had clear upgrades people salivate over. If this new gear is sidegrade or barely better than Empyrean+2 / VW tier stuff with ridiculously expensive synth materials attached to it then it could easily go Neo-Limbus and be something you do for 1-2 pieces at best.

Limbus was designed well @75 but Neo-Limbus? Wasted potential.
inc ormolu ingotx12 for body lawl
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2012-08-15 13:11:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
NA pickup groups for Salvage on Lakshmi were nonexistent meaning if you didn't have a solid static group you were paying another group to leech pieces for you.

Then make your own group. That's what I did. I was one of, if not the first (at least the first on my server) for /shout salavage. Was unheard of when I was doing it, and still managed to pull together another 5 players for a run. Sometimes it took hours and other days it didn't happen, but it happened enough to do 3/5 usu (feet body head), where as I only got two pieces during ls runs.
By ScaevolaBahamut 2012-08-15 13:34:54
Link | Quote | Reply

ScaevolaBahamut said: »
For 3 days, at which point they will resume caring about Neo-Salvage as much as they care about Neo-Anything-Else-That-Isn't-Dynamis. Enjoy your 600mil mythics.

I'm sure Salvage is a blast the first half-dozen or so times you successfully clear a given zone, yeah.
 Cerberus.Blackpain
Server: Cerberus
user: Rogue
By Cerberus.Blackpain 2012-08-15 13:35:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Out of all of this I want the new gear to have a different color but the same style/look. Also please make it worth while like Neo Nyzul Isle gear. I look at the limbus stuff *** trash like the old campaign gear.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2012-08-15 13:37:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said: »
Then make your own group. That's what I did. I was one of, if not the first (at least the first on my server) for /shout salavage. Was unheard of when I was doing it, and still managed to pull together another 5 players for a run. Sometimes it took hours and other days it didn't happen, but it happened enough to do 3/5 usu (feet body head), where as I only got two pieces during ls runs.

I have no issues making groups to get what I need done but if Salvage is supposed to make a dent in Alexandrite demand akin to what Dynamis did for ancient currency then the ease of access to this event demands catering to the pickup group via gear worth the effort.

Casual players don't give a ***about minor sidegrades when you can do vastly easier Abyssea content with superior drop rates unless the gear is amazing.
By Quiznor 2012-08-15 13:55:52
Link | Quote | Reply

It never occured to me they might bring in new synths for the upgrades/new sets.

They ***is gonna skyrocket in price lol

Foreverabroke
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
Server: Bismarck
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2012-08-15 14:07:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I might be alone in having hated old Salvage. Terrible drop rates, the cell process was garbage and I don't spend all that time obtaining gear to not be able to use half of it for most of a run.

Doing away with the cells is a great start. Might be a bit more fun this way.

We'll have to see. Trying to keep an open mind. Also, I need to head in now and finish the Skadi set I never really even got started on.

I do hope drop rates are a bi better. Even the most fun of activities starts to make you hate life after like 100+ runs of seeing nothing you're after drop.

As much as maybe Abyssea over compensated for obtaining things, oldschool attainability was crap.

Edit: Also, thinking I should go start farming Imperial Standing and various ToAU-area craft items and just mule EVERYTHING. Coins and mats are gonna be obscene.
[+]
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-08-15 14:20:25
Link | Quote | Reply

The adjusted drop rates in Salvage really aren't that bad. You have like 25% chance of seeing what you want (35) in a given run assuming you can pop whatever drops it, and 15/25 mostly come as a byproduct of farming 35s.

I can't imagine they'd make drop rates in neo-salvage comparable to original salvage.

I've only been doing Salvage regularly (~3 times a week) for the past 2 weeks or so and I've completed 5 3/3s.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-08-15 14:21:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Salvage itself was pretty fun for me, cells generally weren't the worst thing aside from potentially *** with your inventory. Arrapago I found interesting despite the dearth of cells because it made you plan for having limited cells. Not so much the random lolfuckyou runs where you didn't get anything (no ring/earring cells from Zhayolm lizards...), but the more typical runs that made you think about which pieces of gear really mattered for each person. Drop rates/Bhaflau rampart NM pop rates on the other hand sucked *** (Bhaflau still does), and I sincerely hope they don't make the mistake of putting us through that again.
 Odin.Sawtelle
Server: Odin
user: tooheyv
By Odin.Sawtelle 2012-08-15 14:28:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I think one of the most interesting new aspects of new salvage is that there is more than enough gear that you could make varried TP sets based on what slots you are missing. Back at 75 there wasn't that much variablity in gear or capping haste, but now if you get unlucky and don't get back/waste you could build a set that still caps haste. Looking forward to it at any rate.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2012-08-15 14:33:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I had 4/5 Usu prior to the drop rate increase and did...I couldn't even tell you how many runs to get there. It was a lot.

Post-update it still took me a good 20 runs to get the Usu 35 body off that f***ing turtle. Couldn't even begin to tell you prior to the update because we picked specific pecies, not sets, and it was just all wonky and we never even got the drop for the people ahead of me.

I know Hammerblow personally cockblocked me for something of 0/40 or so.

Hands and legs were pretty par for the course, didn't come super fast but weren't super tough on the morale.

And then there was the bee.

...I went 1/1 first run we ever did before anyone even knew how to get the 15s. First pair on Seraph along with...oh, what was his name. Japanese Hume with a beard. We picked them up the same time. Was pretty awesome. I actually left work for an early lunch break to pick them up.

I think my average to stupidly bad luck on the other four pieces was all a karmic balance for that bee. :x
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2012-08-15 14:36:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Sawtelle said: »
I think one of the most interesting new aspects of new salvage is that there is more than enough gear that you could make varried TP sets based on what slots you are missing. Back at 75 there wasn't that much variablity in gear or capping haste, but now if you get unlucky and don't get back/waste you could build a set that still caps haste. Looking forward to it at any rate.

From a strategic standpoint and the part of me that wishes for a wider variety of gearsets for different situations to enable the use of neat but niche gear, I see where you're coming from here and agree.

But let's be honest. I know I don't even have the space to carry around all the gearsets I want to use on a regular basis, let alone specific sets based on what I do/don't have unlocked.

Edit: However, I might at least dig my Ulthalam's Ring out of storage. If they were really awesome, they'd allow for a store TP augment/upgrade (or even regain?) to it and it could be useful again. (*'-')
 Asura.Chexmix
Server: Asura
user: Ranae
By Asura.Chexmix 2012-08-15 14:43:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Salvo was always one of my favorite events.

On the fence about doing away with cells because they fit into part of the strategy part of the event (in my opinion anyway). I'm assuming this means no starting chest either which could make some zones interesting :x Cells were kind of a nice safety net in case someone missed one you could just trade it to them. Will have to see how fast you unlock in Neo. Hoping there wont be too many silly scenarios like everyone but the mages get magic etc but will have to wait and see.

I thought the drop rates were okay since it was the best gear at the time. Interested to see the stats on this stuff since SE has been kind of hit or miss as far as making the Neo gear desirable.
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-08-15 14:51:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I just hope for new melee WHM options.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2012-08-15 15:05:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Sylow said: »

I give you the option to sit back and support the real DDs.
[+]
 Bismarck.Angeleus
user: Munky
By Bismarck.Angeleus 2012-08-15 15:07:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »

I just boot these type of whm and replace them.....
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-08-15 15:08:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Pssht, did an entire Arrapago Remnants with my WHM as the only DD and cleared with plenty of time to spare!

And I haven't even upgraded to 80 Mew-mew!
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2012-08-15 15:10:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Pssht, did an entire Arrapago Remnants with my WHM as the only DD and cleared with plenty of time to spare! And I haven't even upgraded to 80 Mew-mew!

You're having fun.

Stop it.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2012-08-15 15:12:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Come to think of it, I'm actually way more offended that you called an awesome piece of Norse mythology "Mew-mew" than I could ever even pretend to be about a melee white mage. Mjölnir deserves more than your diminutive nicknames!
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2012-08-15 15:14:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Pssht, did an entire Arrapago Remnants with my WHM as the only DD and cleared with plenty of time to spare! And I haven't even upgraded to 80 Mew-mew!

Wish I could pretend to care anymore. At this point, if they've got Mjölnir, they've put more work into their DD white mage than 3/4 of the bloody "real" DDs out there.

There was a time when melee mages pissed me off. Insulted my fundamental feelings of how the game was supposed to work.

Now, as long as it's not screwing something up and we're still winning, I just don't give a damn. I haven't even got the time to sweat it.

I will still make fun of them though. Because I'm a ***.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15