[dev1137] Salvage Battlefield Expansion

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Salvage/Assault » [dev1137] Salvage Battlefield Expansion
[dev1137] Salvage Battlefield Expansion
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15
 Bahamut.Dannyl
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2012-08-15 15:26:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Shut your hole about WHM melee and stop being that cool guy calling yourself a ***

:D
[+]
 Odin.Eikechi
Server: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-08-15 15:51:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd still rather have a whm melee than an uppity rdm melee :P.
[+]
 Odin.Sawtelle
user: tooheyv
By Odin.Sawtelle 2012-08-15 15:52:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Sch melee or bust.

inb4: melee whm fame puppet
[+]
 Siren.Novadragon
Server: Siren
By Siren.Novadragon 2012-08-15 16:15:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Brd melee ftw!
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
Server: Bismarck
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2012-08-16 08:35:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dannyl said: »
Shut your hole about WHM melee and stop being that cool guy calling yourself a *** :D

To quote the immortal Zaphod Beeblebrox, "I'm up to here with cool, okay? I'm so amazingly cool you could keep a side of meat in me for a month. I'm so hip I have trouble seeing over my pelvis. Now will you move before I blow it?"
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-08-16 11:29:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »
Fenrir.Sylow said: »
Fenrir.Sylow said: »
I just hope for new melee WHM options.
I give you the option to sit back and support the real DDs.
Pssht, did an entire Arrapago Remnants with my WHM as the only DD and cleared with plenty of time to spare! And I haven't even upgraded to 80 Mew-mew!

Wish I could pretend to care anymore. At this point, if they've got Mjölnir, they've put more work into their DD white mage than 3/4 of the bloody "real" DDs out there.

There was a time when melee mages pissed me off. Insulted my fundamental feelings of how the game was supposed to work.

Now, as long as it's not screwing something up and we're still winning, I just don't give a damn. I haven't even got the time to sweat it.

I will still make fun of them though. Because I'm a ***.
A WHM fighting something is no different than a typical DD job tanking in my opinion. Players have replaced tanks with DD jobs for many years now in favor of efficiency and that WHM kept getting overpowered to support their team.

If there is a possibility a job can do something that gives players an opportunity to expand upon it and make it better. Melee WHM has always been a part of its core even though it is greatly overshadowed by it's main role, supporting team members.

It is clear that the game is run by players taking advantage of strategy, and not how things should be. A WHM who enjoys to melee isn't going to abandon the role assigned to them by their team, as they should support their team before anything else. However, that doesn't mean we don't have options outside mainstream events to enjoy the other aspects of our job.
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2012-08-16 11:31:15
Link | Quote | Reply

As long as you can do the job you're invited for, you can do whatever you want, as long as you're not sacrificing efficiency for it.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2012-08-16 11:39:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Dancer might actually have a use at an endgame event again.
 Fenrir.Duvelamilla
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Duvelamilla 2012-08-16 11:43:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said: »
As long as you can do the job you're invited for, you can do whatever you want, as long as you're not sacrificing efficiency for it.

Truth. I can remember long ago when the level cap was still 75 and my husband and a ls mate were exping and their whm left. The whm that came to rep them was whm/thf. My hubby and ls mate were like wtf?

The whm said give me 5 min to show you what I can do and if you don't like I'll go change my sub. That whm was amazing, he never ran out of mp due to SA + Spirit taker. And he NEVER missed a cure, debuff, or failed to remove status effect and kept up haste.

That day was they day I started looking at how people outside the "Norm" play their game and let the proof be in what they can do.

So yes while there is some people out there that don't have a clue, don't always jump to conclusions just because someone does things differently.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2012-08-16 11:48:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
It is clear that the game is run by players taking advantage of strategy, and not how things should be. A WHM who enjoys to melee isn't going to abandon the role assigned to them by their team, as they should support their team before anything else. However, that doesn't mean we don't have options outside mainstream events to enjoy the other aspects of our job.

That’s kind of what I’m saying. I used to get really upset at the player base repeatedly trying to screw with jobs' roles; then increasingly upset with SE for not fixing things to see job roles were more appropriately adhered to.

However, at this point, that’s just not the kind of game FFXI is. At this juncture, while I would love for them to fix enmity and let paladins be the one and only true tank, I know that’s not going to happen and we’ll play within the sandbox SE gives us, limitations or lack thereof, depending on situation.

So I just don’t care anymore. Play a job how you want and as long as you’re getting done what’s expected of you, do whatever else you want. As long as you’re not hurting my chances of achieving things, not really my place to care. At this point, your job is what you make of it.

I just kinda wish Paladin had access to a quality endgame hammer. You’d think the highest club skill in the game combined with a job traditionally known for smiting evil would have a bit more access.

Again, I just wanted to give Sylow a hard time. Because that’s what I do to my friends.

Within the context of Salvage, it would be neat to see ToAU jobs play a bigger role in ToAU content. Or at least, you know, have some of the gear's stats made specifically for them, as it's their expansion. Expanded roles for cor and blu and ANY specific role for pup would probably not go unappreciated by those who love the jobs.
[+]
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2012-08-16 11:55:16
Link | Quote | Reply

If Paladin became the only job capable of tanking, I would gag every time I was fighting something important.

Then, I would fall asleep.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2012-08-16 11:56:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Jinjo said: »
If Paladin became the only job capable of tanking, I would gag every time I was fighting something important. Then, I would fall asleep.

I like my traditional class roles.

I understand they're not for everyone and I understand the game has evolved well beyond that. I've accepted it, even.

Doesn't mean I wouldn't like to see paladin given a bit more validity in the tanking world again.
[+]
 Sylph.Wardeniii
Server: Sylph
user: Wardeniii
By Sylph.Wardeniii 2012-08-16 12:13:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kalilla said: »

I agree with this for the most part. It does get frustrating though when people become polarized to the extent of essentially being an "Anti-<insert job here>", and never stop talking about how they can improve their functionality relative to a role their job is not generally intended to fill in a group setting, while often being quite terrible at the group-oriented niche the job was originally designed for.

At the end of the day people can obviously do whatever they want--they just shouldn't necessarily expect other people to be impressed with or supportive of their alternative choices.
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2012-08-16 12:20:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Camate said:
As mentioned in my previous post, the first objective of this is to relieve the stress related to worrying about cells so that everyone can enjoy this content more. This is why we are only removing the aspect where you need to use items to unlock limitations, but the process of defeating monsters in order to remove the limitations will not change.

/cheer!
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-08-16 14:58:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I like my traditional class roles.
Warrior called to say *** your Paladins. Paladin wasn't the original tank and wasn't even originally designed with tanking as its primary focus.

Either way, arbitrary declarations and rationalization ahoy.
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2012-08-16 15:04:44
Link | Quote | Reply

what was pld originally designed for?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-08-16 15:05:43
Link | Quote | Reply

DD/healer hybrid originally. Think melee WHM with more melee and less WHM.
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2012-08-16 15:07:18
Link | Quote | Reply

...wasnt rdm already in the game >.>
[+]
 Lye
By Lye 2012-08-17 10:06:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

I just kinda wish Paladin had access to a quality endgame hammer. You’d think the highest club skill in the game combined with a job traditionally known for smiting evil would have a bit more access.

What about Luckitoo? http://wiki.bluegartr.com/bg/Luckitoo
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2012-08-17 10:50:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
DD/healer hybrid originally. Think melee WHM with more melee and less WHM.

Considering they had the highest shield skill in the game, Shield selection options (Kite Shield?), and Cure's effectiveness at generating Enmity at low levels, I'd be forced to call *** on this. They were obviously designed as a tank and possibly designed to be the only tanking alternative to WAR.
[+]
By Avitori 2012-08-19 10:07:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Finalllyy got this thing to put out after at least 150+ times of killing him everyday. (After update) So i'm just gunna say 1/150 :D

Hopefully SE actually makes neo-salvage gear useful and I don't end up tossing it now lol
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2012-08-19 10:16:04
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.ffxidb.com/zones/76/citadel-chelonian

~20% drop rate.
By Quiznor 2012-08-19 10:16:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Avitori said: »

Finalllyy got this thing to put out after at least 150+ times of killing him everyday. (After update) So i'm just gunna say 1/150 :D

Hopefully SE actually makes neo-salvage gear useful and I don't end up tossing it now lol

Dat BST TH

Woulda been around 1/10 or so with a THF!
By Avitori 2012-08-19 10:17:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually it's DNC/THF but whatever lol

Edit: It's definitely not a 20% drop rate, no way i'm that unlucky
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2012-08-19 10:21:13
Link | Quote | Reply

That data is collected automatically from people that kill him. It's a 20% drop rate. It's worth noting that it currently does not break it down by TH level, so it's entirely possible that it's a 10% drop rate with TH1, 20% with TH3+ or something.
By Avitori 2012-08-19 10:27:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Website says:

Hikazu Hara-Ate 66 out of 307

Why so such a low amount of data then? That's an interesting website though, haven't seen it before. I can only speak for myself on my personal drop experience though. Wouldn't be the first time the game shafted me before haha
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Server: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2012-08-19 10:28:59
Link | Quote | Reply

You are one, we are many.

The low amount only shows the people who took the time to input data. The majority doesn't input their data, so it only makes sense.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2012-08-19 10:31:39
Link | Quote | Reply

If you use logger on windower, use a Grep search tool to look at your logs for the phrase "defeats Citadel Chelonian" and find your real sample size. Most of the time people overestimate the number of times they've done Salvage or Dynamis without a drop because of the daily limit. It feels like forever and has been forever, but forever isn't that many runs.

The database was reset recently, which is why the number of kills is so low. Still, 307 is more than your sample and doesn't exclude people that kill it with the 35 already in the inventory of their entire party (like me), so the real drop rate might be higher. I'd bet it's actually about 25%, based on how that's the drop rate of almost every other 35.

For instance, look at this guy.

and my reply to him.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2012-08-19 11:07:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I wish that thread had a "stupid filter"... But I'm sure the devs, having access to actual drop rates, can eliminate suggestions like this quite quickly but still...
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-08-22 15:12:25
Link | Quote | Reply

08-22-2012 02:55 PM
[source]
Okipuit
Community Rep

I have some more information to share about the content of the Salvage higher-tier expansion.

• After warping to the next floor, a lamp will be placed for voluntary Pathos unlocking
    We will be making it possible so that each player can check the lamp and select a status to be unlocked that was unlocked in the floors prior. (In order to use the lamp, certain conditions must be fulfilled on the previous floor; however, we are planning to make the conditions easy to accomplish.)

The plan is not to make this the main focus of unlocking, but it is an alternative method if the necessary unlocks did not occur while defeating monsters and the aim is to secure a method for voluntary unlocking.

• Unlocking Pathos as an element of strategy
    The strategy and knowledge for which routes to take and which monsters to defeat in order to unlock statuses will be necessary just like they were for the existing Salvage content. While only the order will be random, the only difference is in the amount of monsters that are necessary to defeat, and we are planning to have a good amount of room to make use of the knowledge gained from the existing Salvage.

• Jobs that can equip the rewards
    Dancer and scholar cannot equip the rewards from the existing Salvage content. While this will not change, the revamped Salvage equipment as well as the new equipment will have dancer and scholar added to the list of jobs that can equip them. We will also be making adjustments so that the stats are compatible.

I think the easiest way to see how this content has changed would be to try it out first-hand on the Test Server and we are working hard to implement this. However, it seems like it is going to take some more time, so hang in there just a bit more.
Subscribe
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15