[dev1137] Salvage Battlefield Expansion

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Salvage/Assault » [dev1137] Salvage Battlefield Expansion
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-08-22 15:19:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Inc waltz potency on skadi gear
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2012-08-22 15:20:32
Link | Quote | Reply

and Sublimation+ on Morrigan/Marduk!

I just like that have access to twice as many potentially-useful pieces of armor as before.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-08-23 20:55:07
Link | Quote | Reply

08-23-2012 12:40 PM
[source]
Camate
Community Rep

Greetings!

Since the last post made by Okipuit there have been some questions. We will check and see if we can get some information, but keep in mind they are still working on all the details.

In the meantime, I just wanted to share another quick bit of information about unlocking Pathos.

We are actually planning to make it so when a Pathos is removed, it is displayed in everyone’s chat logs. We will be addressing this for both unlocking by defeating monsters as well as when the lamp is used.

When players use cells it is shown in the chat log, but players who are far away cannot see it. We feel that this will be much better to confirm and share the status of unlocking.
Subscribe
By Quiznor 2012-08-24 21:54:41
Link | Quote | Reply

This whole new pathos and lamp thing sounds like more trouble than its worth. I never understood why people have problems with cells,not even for inventory reasons. If it aint broke
 Lakshmi.Zaps
user: Zaps
By Lakshmi.Zaps 2012-08-24 22:11:16
Link | Quote | Reply

i would rather have more control for a little more hassle, then less control for less hassle. Especially when more effort could be the difference between a win and a loss. (i don't care how "unlucky" you need to be for your mage to never get magic unlocked. It'll happen to me every single time if it can.)
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2012-08-24 22:15:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Can we see the rewards already?
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-09-13 17:28:08
Link | Quote | Reply

09-13-2012 02:14 PM
[source]
Okipuit
Community Rep

Greetings,

I have an announcement to make about the Salvage high-tier expansion that we will be adding to the Test Server.

During this week’s Test Server update, we will start off by only implementing Zhayolm Remnants.
(Same as before, the entrance will be the Guilded Gateway.)

At the current stage, adjustments for monster placement/strength, drop items, and pathos unlocking rate, have not been finalized. There is a possibility that we may change these elements moving forward. Also, we’ve made it so that notorious monsters that appear when completing certain requirements, do not spawn on the Test Server.

We would like to receive feedback focusing on the largest change from original Salvage, the pathos unlocking system.

To aid in your testing endeavors, we have setup the Test Server as stated below:

• It will be possible to enter solo.

• When checking the Guilded Gateway, you will receive a Remnants Permit, so it will be possible to participate without obtaining the key item in advance.

• (Each member who wishes to participate will need to obtain the key item via the above method.)

• There will be no cool-down time between entry.

Subscribe
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-10-12 07:56:45
Link | Quote | Reply

10-12-2012 04:35 AM
[source]
Gildrein
Community Rep

* The following content is in development. Specific details may differ from the release version.

This battlefield expansion is aimed at seasoned adventurers and many of the rules are based on those of previous Salvage content. The method by which Pathos of Alzadaal restrictions can be removed, however, has been modified.

Differences from Previous Salvage Content

• Entry is restricted to adventurers level 85 and above.

• Pathos of Alzadaal restrictions may no longer be removed by imbued items, but by the following methods:

• Defeating certain monsters in specified areas will randomly remove a Pathos of Alzadaal restriction from participants.
    • Examining the Runic Lamps within each remnant will allow players to remove restrictions of their choice.
      * Runic Lamps will be available near remnant entrances and teleport exits.
      * The chance for removing restrictions, and which monsters' defeat are capable of removing restrictions, are still under development.

Test Server Settings
  • Participants may enter battlefields alone.

• Remnants Permits will not be required for entry.

• No time restrictions will be placed on battlefield reentry.

• Only the Zhaylom and Arrapago Remnants are available for entry at present.

• The placement and strength of enemies, as well as items obtainable, may differ from the release version.

• Boss enemies are still under development, and will be replaced with substitute enemies.

• Notorious monsters that only spawn under certain conditions will not be introduced.

Subscribe
By Quiznor 2012-10-12 10:25:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Knew neo salvage wouldnt be worth it to make me come back
 Bismarck.Altar
Server: Bismarck
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2012-10-12 10:27:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Quiznor said: »
And yet you're still on the forums.
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-10-12 10:30:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you serious? They got rid of the worst part about salvage and kept the fun good stuff.
[+]
 Siren.Novadragon
By Siren.Novadragon 2012-10-12 10:33:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Lamps/Mobs > Items. They made Salvage alot less of a hassle. I'm pretty proud the way it's going which may bring me back. Now where's the armor STATS!? I want to know if my Ares Cuirass/Usukane Sune-Ate be worth upgrading.
 Quetzalcoatl.Tyrantsyn
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: TyrantSyn
By Quetzalcoatl.Tyrantsyn 2012-10-12 10:38:32
Link | Quote | Reply

condemned before even trying. I guess the sky's always grey too.
[+]
 Fenrir.Terminus
Server: Fenrir
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2012-10-12 10:42:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Altar said: »

Not only, but also hasn't ever been to neo salvage.
 Ramuh.Yarly
Server: Ramuh
user: nignog
By Ramuh.Yarly 2012-10-12 10:42:58
Link | Quote | Reply

People will complain that the lamp and mob system is too hard regardless of how much easier they make it.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-10-12 10:43:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Nothing I loved more than the final goal of giving the BRD their mickey mouse gloves, THIS RUINS SALVAGE FOR ME BWAH
 Siren.Novadragon
By Siren.Novadragon 2012-10-12 10:50:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Yarly said: »
People will complain that the lamp and mob system is too hard regardless of how much easier they make it.

Isn't that society of gaming these days? Even got tons of people complaining about the Xbox... Probaly even the same for the PS3.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-10-12 10:51:49
Link | Quote | Reply

well to be fair there's plenty of reason to complain about the XBOX, namely: *** microsoft
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-10-12 10:52:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Why do you still have to play ffxi to be on these forums? I don't understand.
[+]
 Siren.Novadragon
By Siren.Novadragon 2012-10-12 10:56:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
well to be fair there's plenty of reason to complain about the XBOX, namely: *** microsoft

I personally don't see anything wrong with it >__> People on the forums are whining for the most ridicolous reasons.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-10-12 11:02:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Novadragon said: »

I personally don't see anything wrong with it >__> People on the forums are whining for the most ridicolous reasons.

Sir.

Sir.

...Sir.

If you do not see how microsoft and xbox being ***is completely dependent and independent at the same time of Salvage becoming better but worse, then I don't know what to tell you.
 Siren.Novadragon
By Siren.Novadragon 2012-10-12 11:08:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Novadragon said: »

Sir.

Sir.

...Sir.

If you do not see how microsoft and xbox being ***is completely dependent and independent at the same time of Salvage becoming better but worse, then I don't know what to tell you.

Agree to disagree, I'll just leave it there.
 Bismarck.Zagen
Server: Bismarck
user: Zagen
By Bismarck.Zagen 2012-10-12 11:28:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Nikia said: »
A little confused on something, will SE be removing Cells from 75 Salvage also or just the new one?
Curious as well, but I'm assuming much like NNI and Limbus. Vanilla Salvage would remain unchanged.

All I care about really is finding out if the gear is even gonna be worth it.
 Sylph.Wardeniii
Server: Sylph
user: Wardeniii
By Sylph.Wardeniii 2012-10-12 11:34:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kalilla said: »
Why do you still have to play ffxi to be on these forums? I don't understand.

There is no negative implication in and of itself of no longer playing the game, yet still posting on forums. However, individuals who have not played in a while should be aware that they may not be entirely informed on the current state of event strategies and the metagame.

As such, when these individuals make comments such as "finally a PD/embrava nerf that is primarily relevant to content I have never/will never participate in", or "this event I have never participated in and am unaware of what the potential rewards will be is definitely not be worth anyone's time", or a long-time favorite of mine--"SE needs to make <insert the only job I played 4 years ago> the shinest golden star again", it should not come as any surprise to said individuals that the an active player may put less merit into these individuals' comments than others.

People are entitled to have and publicly express as many uninformed opinions as they like, but they certainly are not entitled to an audience that cares about anything they have to say.

That probably comes off as overly harsh, but it is the truth.
[+]
 Sylph.Krsone
Server: Sylph
user: Basilo
By Sylph.Krsone 2012-10-12 11:34:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Nikia said: »
A little confused on something, will SE be removing Cells from 75 Salvage also or just the new one?

No very much doubt anything regarding old salvage will be changed at all similar to how nothing really has changed with the old limbus zones just changes to what the items can be used for. Like af1+1 mats use for arch omega/ultima gear but the old runs im sure will remain un changed and will still use cells.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-10-12 11:36:23
Link | Quote | Reply

They already specified that the lamps and mobs removing Pathos deal is in neosalvage only. Nothing in old salvage is being changed.
 Siren.Novadragon
By Siren.Novadragon 2012-10-12 11:38:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Let's hope it's better work then what we waited for on Neo-Limbus. Waited several months for a small content that barely has anything.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-10-12 11:40:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm sure they know that if they *** up Neo Salvage they're shooting themselves in both feet. This is SE though... so I guess anything is possible.
By Avitori 2012-10-12 11:40:13
Link | Quote | Reply

At least the bosses are different.. I think I see a Khimaira in the pic?
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15