[dev1137] Salvage Battlefield Expansion

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Salvage/Assault » [dev1137] Salvage Battlefield Expansion
[dev1137] Salvage Battlefield Expansion
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15
 Fenrir.Gukai
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Gukai
By Fenrir.Gukai 2012-07-26 01:07:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Well Salvage was the premium gear you could obtain, and they've waited and waited to give us the upgrade. It's been my belief they have waited so long because it will again put it on top of the desired gear to obtain... freakin better be or or.... else!!!
[+]
By Avitori 2012-07-26 01:10:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Is needing the old salvage gear a turn off or is that just me? Have yet to see Usu body drop from Genbu in SSR, :3
 Sylph.Jkun
Server: Sylph
user: Jkun
By Sylph.Jkun 2012-07-26 01:31:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Watch them take PUP off Usukane and put it on Morrigan's. Aha.
 Asura.Failaras
Server: Asura
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2012-07-26 01:58:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Gukai said: »
Well Salvage was the premium gear you could obtain, and they've waited and waited to give us the upgrade. It's been my belief they have waited so long because it will again put it on top of the desired gear to obtain... freakin better be or or.... else!!!
Huh? While I agree Salvage had some good gear to call it premium would be silly. Kings, Limbus, Dynamis, Sky, and other events had gear as good or better than many salvage pieces. I just hope they make Ares body good so Drk finally can have a decent body that doesn't cost 30-50m along with a hard to obtain Abjuration.
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2012-07-26 02:13:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Failaras said: »
Huh? While I agree Salvage had some good gear to call it premium would be silly. Kings, Limbus, Dynamis, Sky, and other events had gear as good or better than many salvage pieces. I just hope they make Ares body good so Drk finally can have a decent body that doesn't cost 30-50m along with a hard to obtain Abjuration.

Salvage was pretty much the best armor to come from an actual event. Dynamis and Limbus gear is drastically inferior, and Limbus only covers select jobs. Sky and Einherjar had some comparable pieces, but not full sets of gear. Sea had accessories. Its not even close really.
I'll be very disappointed if the old salvage gear is required for Neo-Salvage, as in, I'd rather delete my account than go back to that Bee.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2012-07-26 02:14:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Idk why they didnt just magian trial drops from new NMs in the zone.
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2012-07-26 03:21:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Viciousss said: »

Salvage was pretty much the best armor to come from an actual event. Dynamis and Limbus gear is drastically inferior, and Limbus only covers select jobs. Sky and Einherjar had some comparable pieces, but not full sets of gear. Sea had accessories. Its not even close really.
I'll be very disappointed if the old salvage gear is required for Neo-Salvage, as in, I'd rather delete my account than go back to that Bee.
I disagree. None of the sets where good enough to warrant using 5/5, there where some godly pieces like Usukane Sune-ate just like Sky had godly pieces like Haidate and Limbus had godly pieces like Homam legs. Ares was pretty shitty for its time, most pieces extremely situational, the best being a small upgrade of a WS piece.
Usukane: Head was situational and pretty bad, Hands where situational for evasion which wasn't very important back at 75, body was situational but generally not amazing, Feet where amazing, Legs where a WS piece beat by Hachiryu.
I can't speak for Morrigan from a mage stand point as I have no experience in that but most of it was pretty useless for Blu being the only mage I played. For Skadi the legs where the only real amazing piece, the feet had a place for move speed.

For instance in the TP/WS sets of jobs I have experience on:
1. Warrior used at most 2 pieces of Ares, arguably only 1 without RC. They used 3 Pieces of Sky gear, and 3 pieces of kings gear. Even ZNMs had more Warrior gear.
2. Samurai used at most 2 pieces of Usukane, probably 1 but I forget STP requirements back then. They used at least 3 pieces of Sky gear.
3. Monk used 2 pieces of Usukane. At least 2 pieces of Sky gear.
4. Dark Knight once again only used 1 piece of Ares but used multiple pieces of Sky, Sea, and Ground gear.
For any job I can really think of the amount of actual Salvage gear used in their TP/WS sets was much lower than gear obtained from Sky or Ground HNMs.
By Ashandarei 2012-07-26 03:24:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Viciousss said: »

I disagree. None of the sets where good enough to warrant using 5/5, there where some godly pieces like Usukane Sune-ate just like Sky had godly pieces like Haidate and Limbus had godly pieces like Homam legs. Ares was pretty shitty for its time, most pieces extremely situational, the best being a small upgrade of a WS piece.
Usukane: Head was situational and pretty bad, Hands where situational for evasion which wasn't very important back at 75, body was situational but generally not amazing, Feet where amazing, Legs where a WS piece beat by Hachiryu.
I can't speak for Morrigan from a mage stand point as I have no experience in that but most of it was pretty useless for Blu being the only mage I played. For Skadi the legs where the only real amazing piece, the feet had a place for move speed.

For instance in the TP/WS sets of jobs I have experience on:
1. Warrior used at most 2 pieces of Ares, arguably only 1 without RC. They used 3 Pieces of Sky gear, and 3 pieces of kings gear. Even ZNMs had more Warrior gear.
2. Samurai used at most 2 pieces of Usukane, probably 1 but I forget STP requirements back then. They used at least 3 pieces of Sky gear.
3. Monk used 2 pieces of Usukane. At least 2 pieces of Sky gear.
4. Dark Knight once again only used 1 piece of Ares but used multiple pieces of Sky, Sea, and Ground gear.
For any job I can really think of the amount of actual Salvage gear used in their TP/WS sets was much lower than gear obtained from Sky or Ground HNMs.

Been awhile but... Didn't MNK use 5/5?
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-07-26 03:26:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Morrigan was a good 5\5 set.
Ares head, hands and feet was good situational ws pieces.
Body was great.
Legs were a great ws piece and apoc aftermath legs.
Skadi everything other than head was great.
And all marduk pieces had good uses.
All usukane pieces were good, and great as 5\5 for monk and pup.
How was that not great for it's time? lol
[+]
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2012-07-26 03:27:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
been awhile but... Didn't MNK use 5/5?

Also been a while but I believe the Turban/Usukane/Bkote/Haidate/Usukane set was better.

Quote:
Morrigan was a good 5\5 set.
Ares head, hands and feet was a good situational ws pieces.
Body was great.
Legs were a great ws piece and apoc aftermath legs.
Skadi everything other than head was great.
And all marduk pieces had good uses.
All usukane pieces were good, and great as 5\5 for monk and pup.
How was that not great for it's time? lol
Ares feet where absolute garbage, hands and head where pretty close to garbage. I said Legs where good, in my opinion Ares Legs and Usukane Feet where two of the only "exceptional" pieces to come out of salvage.
Usukane Head was terrible, usukane Hands where only used for Evasion, Usukane Legs where beat by Hachiryu, Usukane Body was nothing exceptional but depending on STP could be better than other options for Sam and was best for other jobs like Mnk.
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-07-26 03:29:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you realize what 5/5 usukane's stats are?
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-07-26 03:29:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

Also been a while but I believe the Turban/Usukane/Bkote/Haidate/Usukane set was better.
No it wasn't.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-07-26 03:32:01
Link | Quote | Reply

ITT: Accuracy was never an issue back at 75.
[+]
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-07-26 03:32:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said: »
Quote:

No it wasn't.
5/5 Usukane was still the way to go at 90, duh.
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-07-26 03:32:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Full ares was probably your best Jump set as DRG, too.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-07-26 03:35:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Full usukane were a pretty good set to 5\5 as a evasion\dd hybrid set for sam and nin too
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-07-26 03:36:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Situational or not, all the salvage gear was high end. Even skadi hat had a use for THF for SA/TA-non WS.
[+]
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2012-07-26 03:39:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
ITT: Accuracy was never an issue back at 75.
I didn't realize that Accuracy being an issue suddenly made an item like Ares head actually not terrible. That being said by the end of 75 content Accuracy wasn't that important, if you remember.

Quote:
Full usukane were a pretty good set to 5\5 as a evasion\dd hybrid set for sam and nin too
And the amount of times you would use an evasion/DD hybrid set on Sam I can count on one hand. For Ninja, still not that important.
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2012-07-26 03:40:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Situational or not, all the salvage gear was high end. Even skadi hat had a use for THF for SA/TA-non WS.
If we want to talk situationals most end game gear had a use some where. Salvage gear is nothing more amazing than Sky gear or Kings gear was at the time.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-07-26 03:40:38
Link | Quote | Reply

So because it's not OMGWTF for SAM, it's not top tier? Okay. And soloing was a lot more commonplace at 75, evasion gear was actually useful.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-07-26 03:41:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Damn if only I had my Skadi...this is going to be some epic gear here.
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-07-26 03:41:48
Link | Quote | Reply

If we want to talk situationals most end game gear had a use some where. Salvage gear is nothing more amazing than Sky gear or Kings gear was at the time.
This entire game is based on situational things.
[+]
 Fenrir.Dibble
user: Dibble
By Fenrir.Dibble 2012-07-26 03:42:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Gib said: »
also increase Alexandrite drop rates Kthnx

600 million for one step of 9 is HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE
Since the new jobs will only get access to Mythics I feel there must be some hope that this is going to improve.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-07-26 03:43:15
Link | Quote | Reply

SAM didn't use any shura, guess all shura gear sucked. :(
[+]
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2012-07-26 03:44:20
Link | Quote | Reply

So because it's not OMGWTF for SAM, it's not top tier? Okay. And soloing was a lot more commonplace at 75, evasion gear was actually useful.
The original claim was Salvage was the premium gear of 75, I showed that for many jobs only one to two pieces of Salvage gear where useful outside of niche situational things. I would also disagree with your claim of soloing being more commonplace at 75, this game became MUCH more solo centric after abyssea came out.
By Artemicion 2012-07-26 03:44:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Unless you got your hands on Hachiryu, I recall 5/5 Usukane being the best setup for a MNK to TP in as far as overall stats go, presuming you had a black belt to help cover the haste deficit.
Please correct me if I'm mistaken, as it has been many years.
[+]
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2012-07-26 03:46:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Head sam used, Body was a filler piece for Mnks, Hands where trash, Legs where good until Hachiryu, Feet where trash. If someone called Shura a premium set and was claiming it was a good set to 5/5 for something situational I would call them out on it too.

Quote:
Unless you got your hands on Hachiryu, I recall 5/5 Usukane being the best setup for a MNK to TP in as far as overall stats go, presuming you had a black belt to help cover the haste deficit.
Please correct me if I'm mistaken, as it has been many years.
I was probably wrong on 5/5 Usukane for Mnk, although the difference between the two sets is almost insignificant.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-07-26 03:47:15
Link | Quote | Reply

The original claim was Salvage was the premium gear of 75, I showed that for many jobs only one to two pieces of Salvage gear where useful outside of niche situational things. I would also disagree with your claim of soloing being more commonplace at 75, this game became MUCH more solo centric after abyssea came out.
I'm sorry it's not all tailored to one job? All the pieces were useful in high end sets. And no, it really isn't more commonplace now to find soloes.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-07-26 03:48:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Head sam used, Body was a filler piece for Mnks, Hands where trash, Legs where good until Hachiryu, Feet where trash. If someone called Shura a premium set and was claiming it was a good set to 5/5 for something situational I would call them out on it too.
Gnadbhod's helm. Mirke Wardecors for MNK. Usukane were better than shura for MNK.
 Bahamut.Itze
Server: Bahamut
user: Itze
By Bahamut.Itze 2012-07-26 03:48:29
Link | Quote | Reply

75/75 salvage bring on the new stuff!
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15