Is A Mythic Even Feasible Anymore For A Newbie?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Is a Mythic even feasible anymore for a newbie?
Is a Mythic even feasible anymore for a newbie?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Fenrir.Sylow
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-11-29 01:21:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Also I just tripped over a TV and now my wrist is bleeding Q.Q
 Odin.Eikechi
Server: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-11-29 01:23:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Sylow said: »
Also I just tripped over a TV and now my wrist is bleeding Q.Q

Jesus man, you're a wreck. Stop the bleeding and get some rest lol
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-11-29 01:23:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Who the *** leaves a TV in the middle of a hallway ;-;
[+]
 Fenrir.Mesic
user: Mesic
By Fenrir.Mesic 2012-11-29 01:25:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Eikechi said: »
Fenrir.Mesic said: »
Sylph.Rafaras said: »
The real question would be, how good/bad is Gugnir?

Strongest Drg weapon easy. And by a significant amount I believe.

um.

^^ without that DRG is uncompetitive

I think you got whooshed by some troll posts, mate.

I prolly did, but what a lame thing to troll about if so.
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-11-29 01:27:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Um, it sounds like you were trollin too saying it was the best, but ok lol.... here I go feedin the trolls lol
 Fenrir.Mesic
By Fenrir.Mesic 2012-11-29 01:28:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Um, it sounds like you were trollin too saying it was the best, but ok lol.... here I go feedin the trolls lol

You dont think its best? Or you think I was purposefully being sarcastic about the truth?
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-11-29 01:30:41
Link | Quote | Reply

wat
 Fenrir.Mesic
By Fenrir.Mesic 2012-11-29 01:34:58
Link | Quote | Reply

wat

yea it took me min to word that right, i wouldnt bother if you're drunk.
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-11-29 01:35:28
Link | Quote | Reply

You dont think its best? Or you think I was purposefully being sarcastic about the truth?

There is an entire thread about how shitty Gungnir is (that was on the main page for the last 2 days). You were either being a really sarcastic person, or ...***i don't even know what another option could be lol
 Odin.Minefield
user: Minefield
By Odin.Minefield 2012-11-29 01:36:26
Link | Quote | Reply

The question really is, how many licks does it take to get that *** TV blown up in the center of the hallway.
 Fenrir.Mesic
By Fenrir.Mesic 2012-11-29 01:37:30
Link | Quote | Reply

There is an entire thread about how shitty Gungnir is (that was on the main page for the last 2 days). You were either being a really sarcastic person, or ...***i don't even know what another option could be lol

the other option is i was misinformed, and didnt care to get correctly informed cause in 8 years or so i've never even unlocked drg.
 Fenrir.Mesic
By Fenrir.Mesic 2012-11-29 01:38:15
Link | Quote | Reply

and where is this thread.
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2012-11-29 01:38:50
Link | Quote | Reply

The thread is every thread that has ever discussed melee jobs comparatively.
[+]
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-11-29 01:39:51
Link | Quote | Reply

the other option is i was misinformed, and didnt care to get correctly informed cause in 8 years or so i've never even unlocked drg.

So you haven't even cared to unlock drg, meaning you did no research, but you went ahead and claimed the relic is the best weapon by far? OK. And just look up the thread, I don't think it got blown up. It's called too many polearms or some crap.
 Fenrir.Mesic
By Fenrir.Mesic 2012-11-29 01:40:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Jinjo said: »

of course, where isn't a thread mythic drg isn't discussed, how silly of me.
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2012-11-29 01:41:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Literally half the time Ryunohige is mentioned, it's stated that it's 40% better than the next alternative.
[+]
 Fenrir.Mesic
By Fenrir.Mesic 2012-11-29 01:42:13
Link | Quote | Reply

So you haven't even cared to unlock drg, meaning you did no research, but you went ahead and claimed the relic is the best weapon by far? OK. And just look up the thread, I don't think it got blown up. It's called too many polearms or some crap.

i said misinformed.
 Fenrir.Mesic
By Fenrir.Mesic 2012-11-29 01:43:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Literally half the time Ryunohige is mentioned, it's stated that it's 40% better than the next alternative.

that is not "every job thats compared melee's", if you're going to defend your comment, defend it.

So why's this other guy/girl saying it isn't jinjo? i think you're debating the wrong person.
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-11-29 01:55:16
Link | Quote | Reply

that is not "every job thats compared melee's", if you're going to defend your comment, defend it.

So why's this other guy/girl saying it isn't jinjo? i think you're debating the wrong person.

What? I agree with Jinjo (as any drg would), and Sylow. Ryu is by far the best not Gungnir. And I'm a dude...wtf lol
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2012-11-29 01:55:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Go to the search function on the main forums page, and type Ryunohige.

"DRG is still totally useless unless Ryunohige is involved"

"tell him his gungnir is gimp compared to a Ryunohige"

"boost Ryunohige gives to drg is the largest boost a mythic weapon gives to any job"

"If you don't have enough of a soul to give away for the game's best polearm (Ryunohige, obviously),"

"who plays drg without ryunohige"

"It is kind of painful that any dragoon serious about doing damage has to sell their soul for a mythic."

"Some Mythics are ridiculously powerful now. Liberator and Ryunohige are great examples
..I think you meant to say Kogarasumaru and Ryunohige."

"I'll revise my previous statement to: Ryunohige is likely the strongest weapon"

Etc, etc.
 Fenrir.Mesic
By Fenrir.Mesic 2012-11-29 02:12:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I mistaked the relic name for the one the guy refereed to as the mythic, i assumed that was the mythic name cause of the thread title. and thats why i just said you should debate each other. as well as said "mythic drg" in my response to you. thats all. sorry? i dunno.
 Bahamut.Kazius
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Kazius 2012-11-29 09:53:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Kazius said: »
They've definitely finished Ryunohige by now so don't worry.

Not really 100 Assault missions = 100 days. Plus nyzul tokens = more tags for more 24 hour periods combined with those days. Not to mention the 30k alex, which requires tags again for assault points for salvage runs.

My sarcastic humour really doesn't work on da internotz.
 Phoenix.Valory
Server: Phoenix
user: rori
By Phoenix.Valory 2012-11-29 11:58:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't realize this was a necro bump till now... whoops. I found this thread via the OPs profile page cause he posted in a diff thread asking drg question. Figured I'd throw in the obligatory:

'If you do a little bit every day sprinkled in with the other content you're catching up on, by the time you run out of everything else to do you'll be in a much better place to get your mythic then you would be if you had ignored it entirely until you were completely caught up on everything else'
 Fenrir.Mesic
By Fenrir.Mesic 2012-11-29 19:45:05
Link | Quote | Reply

"boost Ryunohige gives to drg is the largest boost a mythic weapon gives to any job"

"If you don't have enough of a soul to give away for the game's best polearm (Ryunohige, obviously),"

"It is kind of painful that any dragoon serious about doing damage has to sell their soul for a mythic."

"Some Mythics are ridiculously powerful now. Liberator and Ryunohige are great examples

"I'll revise my previous statement to: Ryunohige is likely the strongest weapon"

Etc, etc.

But still this isn't your original point. Every DD comparison thread is not every thread that mentions mythic/relic drg. Having to use the search function to prove your point that its so obvious is kind of ironic. Just sayin.
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2012-11-29 20:15:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Etc, etc.

But still this isn't your original point. Every DD comparison thread is not every thread that mentions mythic/relic drg. Having to use the search function to prove your point that its so obvious is kind of ironic. Just sayin.

These were all from non-DRG threads.
 Fenrir.Mesic
By Fenrir.Mesic 2012-11-29 20:33:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Etc, etc.

These were all from non-DRG threads.[/quote]

First quote's threads about coming back to ffxi. Not something obvious like every comparison dd melee thread.

Second quote is from a thread about gungir. Not every DD comparison thread.

Third quotes from a thread title mythics in action, wasn't really about comparisons as much as mnk wanted to see mythics in action. Although it evolved into that, and i actually saw that thread before, as I have a post in it, which is another reason why i thought/knew mythic drg was best.

Fourth quotes from a thread about polearms only...

Fifth, heavy metal plate threa...anyway

You've gotten further and further away from your original point that its mentioned in every DD comparison thread. Which is essentially your point in trying to make it seem so obvious and I would have been dumb to miss this, So I can't help but wonder, so what exactly is your point now? That this was obvious with the search function in threads that weren't even directly relatable to your original point?

Quote:

Nope.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2012-11-29 20:39:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh whatever, Ryunohige is the only Polearm that lets DRG be a competitive with the other 2H jobs.

Top Tier: Kogarasumune SAM, Ragnarok DRK, Ukonvasara WAR, Ryunohige DRG

Second tier would be something like: Amano/Masamune SAM, Conqueror WAR, Sphara/Verth MNK

Third Tier would be: Apocalypse DRK, Ragnarok WAR

Fourth Tier: Starts to include Magians GSs and other R/Ex options, also included Gungnir

Fifth Tier: Rhongo and 1H jobs

That's how large the gap between Gungnir and Ryunohige is.
 Sylph.Decimus
Server: Sylph
user: Octavius
By Sylph.Decimus 2012-11-29 20:40:08
Link | Quote | Reply

The point is Ryu's mentioned in every discussion about the best weapon or weapons in the game if you're speaking with people that have any knowledge of the game. It seems you're only now encountering these people.
By Tickmeoff 2012-11-29 20:43:51
Link | Quote | Reply

How far behind other DDs is a DRG without Ryunohige, exactly?

Take a similarly geared WAR and DRG for example. If the WAR is capable of 1000 DPS, what should the DRG be capable of? 800-900 at best? Or is the job so much weaker inherently that it can't even put out 80% of what a WAR is capable of?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8