Guy Turns Dead Cat Into Helicopter
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Sylph.Washburn
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Washburn
By Sylph.Washburn 2012-06-04 16:02:22
Link | Quote | Reply

If i were turned into a helicopter, i would have asked that they at least work with what i've already got and fly me face up.
 Odin.Tsuneo
Server: Odin
user: Tsuneo
By Odin.Tsuneo 2012-06-04 16:02:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
Humanity is worthless? News to me. I'm pretty sure it's worth a great deal to us humans. Last time I checked nature doesn't give two s*its about preserving ecosystems either. I know there are likely hundreds of "natural" events which have extinguished far more species than ugly meany mankind ever could.

You avoided answering what makes up human value.
 Phoenix.Lillicarnage
Server: Phoenix
user: Lillica
By Phoenix.Lillicarnage 2012-06-04 16:03:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Could have been worse, he could have made him into a CATapult.

That would have been a CATastrophe.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2012-06-04 16:04:33
Link | Quote | Reply

And another thing, animals play with their food/prey when its alive AND when its dead. While this is arguably more sophisticated, what's the difference?
[+]
 Bahamut.Cuelebra
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Cuelebra 2012-06-04 16:06:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Humanity is worthless? News to me. I'm pretty sure it's worth a great deal to us humans. Last time I checked nature doesn't give two s*its about preserving ecosystems either. I know there are likely hundreds of "natural" events which have extinguished far more species than ugly meany mankind ever could.
If your talking in terms of nature or humans. Umm yah you are kinda of worthless. Humans havn't been on this planet that long. They also contribute very little to the planet. They contribute C02 and CH4(upon death).

Natural events/disasters, extinctions aren't a roll of nature. Extinctions/speciation is more population genetics. And can be due to increased death rate or population limiting reagents. Has absolutely nothing to do with "nature not giving two s*its" about preserving ecosystems.

And another thing, animals play with their food/prey when its alive AND when its dead. While this is arguably more sophisticated, what's the difference?
Its actually not toying. Its to wear out its prey and allow for faster kills.
By Artemicion 2012-06-04 16:07:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Humans assign values and priorities in worth and sentiment to the bodies of the deceased in both their own kind and other animals. Frankly, I find burial just as odd/useless as say scattering ashes, or in this case: making a helicopter.
[+]
 Asura.Wyattdoc
Server: Asura
user: wyattdoc1
By Asura.Wyattdoc 2012-06-04 16:09:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Lillicarnage said: »

Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2012-06-04 16:09:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Cuelebra said: »
Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
I guess you've never seen a taxidermist's work before?
The work of a taxidermist is art imo. The disgusting act was done by his owner.

So if the owner had taken his taxidermied cat and put it over the fireplace it'd have been ok but because he attached his cat to a helicopter it somehow becomes disgusting?

I get why you call it disgusting - it's because he's having "fun" instead of grieving isn't it? Because the guy isn't weeping his eyes out over the loss of his cat somehow he hasn't met the required acting needed to convince other individuals that he is sincere in the loss.
[+]
 Bahamut.Cuelebra
By Bahamut.Cuelebra 2012-06-04 16:10:42
Link | Quote | Reply

So if the owner had taken his taxidermied cat and put it over the fireplace it'd have been ok but because he attached his cat to a helicopter it somehow becomes disgusting?

I get why you call it disgusting - it's because he's having "fun" instead of grieving isn't it? Because the guy isn't weeping his eyes out over the loss of his cat somehow he hasn't met the required acting needed to convince other individuals that he is sincere in the loss.

If this was done to a human would it be ok? Has nothing to do with grieving its more about respect for life/death. People are only affirming his actions because they are also devaluing the cat.
 Phoenix.Fredjan
Server: Phoenix
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2012-06-04 16:11:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Enkidou said: »
captions, please.
 Caitsith.Sai
Server: Caitsith
user: Saiii
By Caitsith.Sai 2012-06-04 16:12:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Tsuneo said: »

Value isnt real.

Its a made up concept, that cannot be defined. We use it because it makes the lives that we evolved into more simple.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2012-06-04 16:13:36
Link | Quote | Reply

If this was done to a human would it be ok? People are only affirming his actions because they are also devaluing the cat.

I said earlier that other cultures have:

-Eaten parts of dead family members.
-Mummified family members.
-Cremated human corpses.
-Left bodies out in the wild to be eaten by animals.
-Used parts of human bodies to adorn jewelry.
-Donated bodies to be used for science.
-Frozen corpses.
-Used human remains to create art.

You act as if humans don't have various ways of using dead bodies to create art or express themselves.
[+]
 Ramuh.Laffter
Server: Ramuh
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2012-06-04 16:13:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Wyattdoc said: »
Phoenix.Lillicarnage said: »

Why does the kitty need to learn Billy?
By Artemicion 2012-06-04 16:13:55
Link | Quote | Reply

What exactly gives a cat a higher tier of rights or respect more so than a human, or vice versa for that matter? All this prioritization is silly. Last I checked there was little to no value in a corpse, other than animal/plant food. So why is a helicopter so atrocious in terms of personal sentiment or adhering to an ecosystem on a superficial level?
 Asura.Kowen
Server: Asura
user: Kowen
By Asura.Kowen 2012-06-04 16:13:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said: »
Humans assign values and priorities in worth and sentiment to the bodies of the deceased in both their own kind and other animals. Frankly, I find burial just as odd/useless as say scattering ashes, or in this case: making a helicopter.

I agree, I'd also bet that stuffing a corpse would be a hell of a lot cheaper than a funeral+burial...
 Ramuh.Laffter
By Ramuh.Laffter 2012-06-04 16:14:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Fredjan said: »
Bahamut.Enkidou said: »
captions, please.
They told me I could be anything, so I became a helicatter?
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2012-06-04 16:15:06
Link | Quote | Reply

That's because if you don't understand what makes humanity valuable (as a human), then nothing I say will convince you. I'm not going to be baited into a "who are you to pass judgement and favor one species over another" argument. Humanity is more valuable than its feline (or whatever) equivalent in most simple terms because I (a human) am aware of it and can recognize it (something other species cannot do).
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2012-06-04 16:15:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said: »
What exactly gives a cat a higher tier of rights or respect more so than a human, or vice versa for that matter? All this prioritization is silly. Last I checked there was little to no value in a corpse, other than animal/plant food. So why is a helicopter so atrocious in terms of personal sentiment or adhering to an ecosystem on a superficial level?

It boils down to people being afraid to think outside their individual cultural boxes.
 Ramuh.Laffter
By Ramuh.Laffter 2012-06-04 16:16:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Humans are only valuable to humans, so I think that discussion is pointless.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Ramuh.Laffter
By Ramuh.Laffter 2012-06-04 16:17:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Great minds, my taru broham, great minds.
 Bahamut.Cuelebra
By Bahamut.Cuelebra 2012-06-04 16:17:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Sai said: »

Value isnt real.

Its a made up concept, that cannot be defined. We use it because it makes the lives that we evolved into more simple.

Value of organisms in an ecosystem can and is defined by contributions to the ecosystem. Its done all the time by ecologists. Like i had posted early humans value is very little. And it can be mathematically approximated. Humans produce 900 grams of CO2 daily. Also the human's mass can determine the contributions of Ca,P,Mg and other substances to soil.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2012-06-04 16:19:36
Link | Quote | Reply

If laughter heals, the artist responsible for this amazing piece of lulz just cured cancer.
[+]
 Caitsith.Sai
Server: Caitsith
user: Saiii
By Caitsith.Sai 2012-06-04 16:20:01
Link | Quote | Reply

If this was done to a human would it be ok? Has nothing to do with grieving its more about respect for life/death. People are only affirming his actions because they are also devaluing the cat.

Respect & value are made-up concepts that mean different things to different people.

Your personal interpretation means nothing to the person next to you, unless that person is interacting with you.
 Fenrir.Minjo
Server: Fenrir
user: Tsuko
By Fenrir.Minjo 2012-06-04 16:21:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't even begin to dismantle the hilarity of so many attempting to logically argue how respectful something is or isn't.

Respect is a universal concept that strays out ad infinitum for each and every sentient creature. The only logic-related aspect of the argument in question is how little most of you understand about what you're arguing about.

The relevant facts are these:

1) The cat is dead, and as such lacks the ability to possess anything, including but not limited to the corpse it previously inhabited. This would apply to a human just as readily as it would to a feline.

2) There is no law against this manner of taxidermy.
[+]
 Ramuh.Laffter
By Ramuh.Laffter 2012-06-04 16:22:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Minjo said: »
I can't even begin to dismantle the hilarity of so many attempting to logically argue how respectful something is or isn't.

Respect is a universal concept that strays out ad infinitum for each and every sentient creature. The only logic-related aspect of the argument in question is how little most of you understand about what you're arguing about.

The relevant facts are these:

1) The cat is dead, and as such lacks the ability to possess anything, including but not limited to the corpse it previously inhabited. This would apply to a human just as readily as it would to a feline.

2) There is no law against this manner of taxidermy.
You forgot that a flying cat is awesome.
[+]
 Odin.Headstrong
By Odin.Headstrong 2012-06-04 16:22:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Ever seen 'Body Worlds'?

No helicopters i think, but pretty cool too

Edit for dead woman's nipples >_> didn't think of that at all o well..
 Bahamut.Cuelebra
By Bahamut.Cuelebra 2012-06-04 16:22:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Sai said: »

Respect & value are made-up concepts that mean different things to different people.

Your personal interpretation means nothing to the person next to you, unless that person is interacting with you.

Respect yes. Value is not a made up concept. The value of an organism can be determined. Most humans assign the value of 0 to most other animals unless they can benefit from it in some form. When in fact most of those other animals have an actual higher ecological value than humans themselves.
 Ramuh.Laffter
By Ramuh.Laffter 2012-06-04 16:23:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I've seen that but are those nipples allowed here? XD