Guy Turns Dead Cat Into Helicopter
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Odin.Tsuneo
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Tsuneo
By Odin.Tsuneo 2012-06-04 15:15:50
Link | Quote | Reply

You guys should get something called reading comprehension. I don't see anyone arguing whether the guy has the right to do it or not.
[+]
By Artemicion 2012-06-04 15:22:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Tsuneo said: »
You guys should get something called reading comprehension. I don't see anyone arguing whether the guy has the right to do it or not.

From what I can tell, most people seem to be upset due to a conflict of personal morals more so than local law. One can only push their argument so far when their only basis is that it's weird.
 Odin.Tsuneo
By Odin.Tsuneo 2012-06-04 15:25:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I just don't understand it. I care about my cat, so having his corpse around would bother me.
 Bismarck.Ruizutatakau
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Ruizutatakau 2012-06-04 15:28:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Moonwalkerv said: »
Sparthosx, without quoting all that. My basic point is, if the guy cared so much for his cat that he wants to have something to remember it by, he is doing it in a way which was un-natural to how his beloved pet actually lived its life.

He could have eaten his cat for all I care, my main response was to the calls of his pet, remembering it how he wants etc. He isnt doing it to remember his cat, he is doing to push his artistic profile into the spot light.

It wasnt someone else who brought this to the medias attention, he approached the local news to do so.

The guy wants attention, goes to an extreme to get it but then people defend his attention whoring by saying, just a cat...his cat..he can do what he wants. The media has played up to his expectations.
Even if this is the case, what is wrong?
Why care enough to argue something pointless?
Welcome to 2012, its June btw and if you don't like what he did, when a car wipes your pets existence do whatever you want to do.
Who said that something like that is wrong? You can have your morals and beliefs but don't ever push any of it on anyone else.
Its an animal not a human, a dead animal.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2012-06-04 15:30:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Sparthosx, without quoting all that. My basic point is, if the guy cared so much for his cat that he wants to have something to remember it by, he is doing it in a way which was un-natural to how his beloved pet actually lived its life.

And my response is that humans have done such things for centuries. Your very own selection of cremation is contrary to the natural order of things unless your cat happened to die in a fire. The very reason you'd choose cremation is because you feel the ashes in an urn honors your pet and to that I say - other people think differently. It's as simple as that.

Quote:
He could have eaten his cat for all I care, my main response was to the calls of his pet, remembering it how he wants etc. He isnt doing it to remember his cat, he is doing to push his artistic profile into the spot light.

You say this as if the cat specifically consent to not becoming a helicopter after death. The cat is gone and the final decision as to what happens to the remains lay with the owner - the only individual who can make the call. If he saw this as an opportunity to push his trade, who cares? The cat wont be forgotten, an artist is using his talents to express his feelings towards his pet and both sides stand to win.

Quote:
The guy wants attention, goes to an extreme to get it but then people defend his attention whoring by saying, just a cat...his cat..he can do what he wants. The media has played up to his expectations.

Again, I don't see how this matters. He didn't murder the cat, he's free to do whatever he wants with the body (plenty taxidermy already) and it's unique enough to be newsworthy.
 Bismarck.Ruizutatakau
By Bismarck.Ruizutatakau 2012-06-04 15:30:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I just don't understand it. I care about my cat, so having his corpse around would bother me.
I'm like that too. I don't care how many ways there is to preserve a dead pet. It would never be the same, but I don't have a problem with people that do.
 Odin.Tsuneo
By Odin.Tsuneo 2012-06-04 15:32:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ruizutatakau said: »
I hate you break it to you, but you are in fact an animal. You must be one of those people who thinks their god gives their lives more value than any other living thing, however; I don't believe animals have higher value than people give them credit for. I just don't think anything has objective value.
 Siren.Fupafighters
Server: Siren
By Siren.Fupafighters 2012-06-04 15:35:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I hate you break it you, but you are in fact an animal. You must be one of those people who thinks their god their lives more value than any other living thing.
If we were to preserve feelings for every dead animal we see, we would be emotionally broken. Live life, have fun. It's dead. He caused the animal no harm.
 Siren.Demetreos
Server: Siren
user: Riggy
By Siren.Demetreos 2012-06-04 15:35:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I hate you break it you, but you are in fact an animal. You must be one of those people who thinks their god their lives more value than any other living thing.
I think you missed some words out there.
 Bahamut.Cuelebra
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Cuelebra 2012-06-04 15:35:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Welcome to 2012, its June btw and if you don't like what he did, when a car wipes your pets existence do whatever you want to do.
Who said that something like that is wrong? You can have your morals and beliefs but don't ever push any of it on anyone else.

Humans are animals last time I checked. You fall in the same kingdom as cats do I hate to inform you. Its not about superimposing beliefs on people. Its just plain decency. It was funny when I first saw it. But then the more I watch the video its just cruel and disgusting. I guess decency isn't present 2102.
 Odin.Tsuneo
By Odin.Tsuneo 2012-06-04 15:36:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Demetreos said: »
I think you missed some words out there.
I did because I edited that too many times, and I didn't pay attention to what I edited.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2012-06-04 15:37:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Cuelebra said: »

Humans are animals last time I checked. You fall in the same kingdom as cats do I hate to inform you. Its not about superimposing beliefs on people. Its just plain decency. It was funny when I first saw it. But then the more I watch the video its just cruel and disgusting. I guess decency and tact arn't present in 2102.

Human>animals. Get over it.

/thread
By Moonwalkerv 2012-06-04 15:37:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
And my response is that humans have done such things for centuries. Your very own selection of cremation is contrary to the natural order of things unless your cat happened to die in a fire. The very reason you'd choose cremation is because you feel the ashes in an urn honors your pet and to that I say - other people think differently. It's as simple as that.
Quote:
You say this as if the cat specifically consent to not becoming a helicopter after death. The cat is gone and the final decision as to what happens to the remains lay with the owner - the only individual who can make the call. If he saw this as an opportunity to push his trade, who cares? The cat wont be forgotten, an artist is using his talents to express his feelings towards his pet and both sides stand to win.
Quote:
Again, I don't see how this matters. He didn't murder the cat, he's free to do whatever he wants with the body (plenty taxidermy already) and it's unique enough to be newsworthy.

The seeking attention because his art is not "good" enough to merit its own interest. I don't care if people stuff their pets or not, its the hiding behind the "my cat to remember" when he is trying to push his art that bothers me.

His dead flying cat "art" is being discussed as the art worlds version of

Bahamut.Cuelebra
By Bahamut.Cuelebra 2012-06-04 15:39:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »

/thread

Says who you? And who made you God? get over yourself

/thread
 Odin.Tsuneo
By Odin.Tsuneo 2012-06-04 15:39:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »

/thread

Humans are actually pretty worthless. What exactly would change if humans became extinct?
 Caitsith.Sai
Server: Caitsith
user: Saiii
By Caitsith.Sai 2012-06-04 15:41:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I hate you break it to you, but you are in fact an animal. You must be one of those people who thinks their god gives their lives more value than any other living thing, however; I don't believe animals have higher value than people give them credit for. I just don't think anything has objective value.

I don't think that humans valuing their own species over all the rest is a concept that is unique to us.

Personally, yes I value my own life over others b/c Im me, and I am more concerned with my survival than everyone else's. That is also not a concept that is held by only humans.
 Bismarck.Ruizutatakau
By Bismarck.Ruizutatakau 2012-06-04 15:41:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I think I understood what you said.
I wont get into a debate on what separates men and animals cause if you don't know already I don't think you'll understand. I was not talking about us as a species and if that is all humans are to you then you feel free to be on the same level as cats. I'll leave a bowl of milk outside for you tonight. I also don't do the whole religion thing, grew up christian and it destroyed my family and I'm gay, so I wont even bother with god. Its the internet and we'll just end up caps locking each other to death. Lets not derail the thread either it wasn't my intention to take this in another direction.
[+]
 Caitsith.Sai
By Caitsith.Sai 2012-06-04 15:45:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Humans are animals last time I checked. You fall in the same kingdom as cats do I hate to inform you. Its not about superimposing beliefs on people. Its just plain decency. It was funny when I first saw it. But then the more I watch the video its just cruel and disgusting. I guess decency isn't present 2102.

Ha! Decency is defined by who? You?

There is no more exercise in futility than trying to impose personal morals onto the rest of the world.
[+]
 Bahamut.Cuelebra
By Bahamut.Cuelebra 2012-06-04 15:47:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Sai said: »

There is no more exercise in futility than trying to impose personal morals onto the rest of the world.

Decency and respect for your ecosystem. You live on this planet. Respect the other living things on it. You require other creatures to survive. Humans are self-sustaining that they metabolize methane last time I checked.
[+]
 Odin.Headstrong
By Odin.Headstrong 2012-06-04 15:48:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I love animals, but i also like taxidermy a lot. Dunno if i would really want to make my cat into a helicopter when he's dead, but i lol'd at this x3

Also reminded me of

Dead is dead. Doesn't matter to me if human or animal. They won't feel it anymore :O
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2012-06-04 15:48:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess you've never seen a taxidermist's work before?
 Ramuh.Laffter
Server: Ramuh
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2012-06-04 15:49:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Headstrong said: »
I love animals, but i also like taxidermy a lot. Dunno if i would really want to make my cat into a helicopter when he's dead, but i lol'd at this x3

Also reminded me of

Dead is dead. Doesn't matter to me if human or animal. They won't feel it anymore :O
Ew, that one is just kinda gross. <_< lol
 Caitsith.Sai
By Caitsith.Sai 2012-06-04 15:51:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Decency and respect for your ecosystem. You live on this planet. Respect the other living things on it. You require other creatures to survive. Humans are self-sustaining that they metabolize methane last time I checked.

Thats great and all, but in no way applies to a cats skin becoming a helicopter.
 Asura.Wyattdoc
Server: Asura
user: wyattdoc1
By Asura.Wyattdoc 2012-06-04 15:51:59
Link | Quote | Reply

"What What is that". Wyatt looks down at his bear skinned rug "what you want to fly too?"
 Caitsith.Sai
By Caitsith.Sai 2012-06-04 15:53:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Wyattdoc said: »
"What What is that". Wyatt looks down at his bear skinned rug "what you want to fly too"

Time to convert bear rug into an ultralight.
 Bahamut.Cuelebra
By Bahamut.Cuelebra 2012-06-04 15:55:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
I guess you've never seen a taxidermist's work before?
The work of a taxidermist is art imo. The disgusting act was done by his owner.

That is also not a concept that is held by only humans.
Wrong. Social ecology 101 would like a word with you. Ever heard of the terms altruism and sympbiosis. Its just humans have this concept known as human-centricisty that has been known since the times of Gallileo.
 Asura.Wyattdoc
Server: Asura
user: wyattdoc1
By Asura.Wyattdoc 2012-06-04 15:55:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Wyattdoc said: »
"What What is that". Wyatt looks down at his bear skinned rug "what you want to fly too"

Time to convert bear rug into an ultralight.

More like a B52
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2012-06-04 15:55:18
Link | Quote | Reply

The seeking attention because his art is not "good" enough to merit its own interest. I don't care if people stuff their pets or not, its the hiding behind the "my cat to remember" when he is trying to push his art that bothers me.

His dead flying cat "art" is being discussed as the art worlds version of

Can you read this guys mind?
By Artemicion 2012-06-04 15:57:12
Link | Quote | Reply

No Chuck Testa jokes yet? I'm disappointed in you guys.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2012-06-04 16:00:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Humanity is worthless? News to me. I'm pretty sure it's worth a great deal to us humans. Last time I checked nature doesn't give two s*its about preserving ecosystems either. I know there are likely hundreds of "natural" events which have extinguished far more species than ugly meany mankind ever could.