First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Bahamut.Enkidou
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: jamisont
By Bahamut.Enkidou 2012-06-04 11:49:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Dutch artist turns dead cat into remote-controlled helicopter, dubbed ‘Orvillecopter’

Cats may get nine lives, but not quite like this.

A Dutch artist, upset over losing his beloved pet, Orville, had the animal stuffed and transformed its body into a remote-controlled helicopter, Sky News reported Monday.

The “half cat, half machine” piece of art was dubbed the “Orvillecopter.” The cat, who was killed when it was hit by a car, was named after famed American aviator Orville Wright.

“After a period of mourning, he received his propellers posthumously,” Jansen said.

Source.
[+]
 Odin.Minefield
Server: Odin
user: Minefield
By Odin.Minefield 2012-06-04 11:50:39
Link | Quote | Reply

wat
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2012-06-04 11:50:56
Link | Quote | Reply

This is actually pretty awesome though I know some people would be disturbed by the notion.

Your kitty will live on forever, soaring through the clouds on wings of plastic.
[+]
 Siren.Thoraeon
Server: Siren
user: Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2012-06-04 11:54:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Next, he will equip it with a rainbow generator and pop-tarts.
Thus, Nyancat will be born.

[+]
 Cerberus.Rayik
Server: Cerberus
user: Rayik
By Cerberus.Rayik 2012-06-04 11:58:18
Link | Quote | Reply

So Nyancat is actually a flying corpse?
By Drjones 2012-06-04 12:06:30
Link | Quote | Reply

This does not seem like a healthy way of dealing with loss.
 Fenrir.Schutz
Server: Fenrir
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2012-06-04 12:07:38
Link | Quote | Reply

This will be one of the most terrifying images from the upcoming Zombie Apocalypse.

Or wait. Maybe it's the Rise of the Machines.

Or some kind of sinister mix of the two. >.>
[+]
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-06-04 12:11:19
Link | Quote | Reply

That's both a bit upsetting and awesome.
Idk what to think XD

Edit: My gf is a cat-lover and kept screaming "SHUT IT OFF" :p
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2012-06-04 12:13:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Everyone deals with loss in their own way..

Does seem kinda weird, if for nothing more than the fact that it's just not common.. I can't decide/determine whether the fact that someone turned a corpse into what basically equates to a toy bothers me or not. Since I can't definitely say it bothers me, I say more power to him.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2012-06-04 12:16:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Drjones said: »

Putting your cat in a box that vanishes beneath the soil could be construed as "not being a healthy way of dealing with loss" because you're covering up the fact that well.. your pet is dead. Out of sight, out of mind etc etc.

If seeing your cat on a helicopter reminds you daily that your pet is gone and also reminds you of the good times whenever you take the kittycopter out for a spin then you're accepting the loss and making the best of it.

It's different but I see nothing wrong with the logic of it.
[+]
By Moonwalkerv 2012-06-04 12:23:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Drjones said: »
Putting your cat in a box that vanishes beneath the soil could be construed as "not being a healthy way of dealing with loss" because you're covering up the fact that well.. your pet is dead. Out of sight, out of mind etc etc. If seeing your cat on a helicopter reminds you daily that your pet is gone and also reminds you of the good times whenever you take the kittycopter out for a spin then you're accepting the loss and making the best of it. It's different but I see nothing wrong with the logic of it.

Yes because converting a loved family member into a weekend at bernies style of play toy is the same as putting them "to rest" in the ground.

I'm not a cat person and this bothers me not at all but really, your logic is so pissweak and clearly just looking for an excuse to argue it's laughable.
 Fenrir.Emirii
user: Emerii1
By Fenrir.Emirii 2012-06-04 12:37:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm laughing, but WTF? Forget the man that ate another dudes face off, THIS is weird news!
[+]
 Bismarck.Magnuss
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2012-06-04 12:42:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Dead cats can fly, now.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2012-06-04 12:43:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Moonwalkerv said: »
Yes because converting a loved family member into a weekend at bernies style of play toy is the same as putting them "to rest" in the ground.

I'm not a cat person and this bothers me not at all but really, your logic is so pissweak and clearly just looking for an excuse to argue it's laughable.

And yet you're the one passing judgement on someone for handling their cat being hit by a car. We know nothing of this persons reasoning so we're left with speculation. Given the taxidermy business already does this for pets, would you call that making your "loved one" into a plaything? I imagine many people would happily disagree.

Instead of pointing out my "pissweak" logic, how about refraining from your childish emotional fits and retort with something other than toting the status quo of burial you clearly favor.
[+]
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-06-04 12:44:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Schutz said: »
This will be one of the most terrifying images from the upcoming Zombie Apocalypse.

Or wait. Maybe it's the Rise of the Machines.

Or some kind of sinister mix of the two. >.>

I ... absolutely cannot look at this image without cracking up. Pretty sure the entire office thinks I'm stoned in here.
[+]
 Kujata.Daus
Server: Kujata
user: Daus
By Kujata.Daus 2012-06-04 12:44:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I think its kind of funny. He didn't kill his cat..it was just either going to be burned to ashes or rot in a box...sooo why not? I couldn't do it with my pets because I'd bust out crying and truth be told I just like to forget my pets or else I go into emo depressed mode of unhealthiness. Other people like to turn their pets into foot stools and put them in a corner..or hang wild creatures on their walls...so whats the difference?

dead things really don't care what you do to them. People are different..You can't turn people into helicopters (you could but its generally not recommended..dead people arent as cute as dead cats) but you can donate your body to exhibits and be turned into a centaur..just sayin.
[+]
 Odin.Tsuneo
Server: Odin
user: Tsuneo
By Odin.Tsuneo 2012-06-04 12:52:33
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not something I would do that's for sure. I would like I'm being disrespectful to my cat if I did something like that.
[+]
 Bismarck.Moonlightespada
MSPaint Winner
By Bismarck.Moonlightespada 2012-06-04 13:06:21
Link | Quote | Reply

next- the head of walt disney
 Bismarck.Moonlightespada
MSPaint Winner
By Bismarck.Moonlightespada 2012-06-04 13:06:53
Link | Quote | Reply

but still id never do that to a cat alive or dead.. ;/
 Caitsith.Sai
Server: Caitsith
user: Saiii
By Caitsith.Sai 2012-06-04 13:57:55
Link | Quote | Reply

This may be the greatest thing ever.

Been laughing for like 5 min now.
 Bahamut.Cuelebra
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Cuelebra 2012-06-04 14:03:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I cant stop laughing and i love animals too!
By Artemicion 2012-06-04 14:08:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Only from the internet would the combination of taxidermy and aviation meet to catch my attention.

/slow clap
[+]
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-06-04 14:17:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I too dream once I die to eventually become a helicopter.
[+]
 Caitsith.Sai
Server: Caitsith
user: Saiii
By Caitsith.Sai 2012-06-04 14:22:32
Link | Quote | Reply

People in the office now brainstorming other animal / remote control combos we would like.

Great Dane - Power Wheels

Turtle - Tank

Goose - Speed Boat

Pig - Radio Flyer
By Moonwalkerv 2012-06-04 14:25:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Yes because converting a loved family member into a weekend at bernies style of play toy is the same as putting them "to rest" in the ground. I'm not a cat person and this bothers me not at all but really, your logic is so pissweak and clearly just looking for an excuse to argue it's laughable.
And yet you're the one passing judgement on someone for handling their cat being hit by a car. We know nothing of this persons reasoning so we're left with speculation. Given the taxidermy business already does this for pets, would you call that making your "loved one" into a plaything? I imagine many people would happily disagree. Instead of pointing out my "pissweak" logic, how about refraining from your childish emotional fits and retort with something other than toting the status quo of burial you clearly favor.

Burial isnt my first choice, that would be cremation. BUT i have a hard time believing a cat, when living would be ok with being flung around the room as such. But the rub is, even alive its not really in a position to say it would or wouldnt like to be treated that way.

In death, the owner isnt thinking about his cat at all. He is clearly thinking about himself and whatever attention he can derive from this publicity stunt.

You wouldnt hook your grandma up as a helicopter would you? Unless of course it was stipulated in her will...

TLDR, I doubt the cat if able to express itself, would be happy with how it ended up.
By Artemicion 2012-06-04 14:26:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Dude, it's a cat, and it's dead.
Get off your high horse.
[+]
By Moonwalkerv 2012-06-04 14:27:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't care for cats in the slightest, my main point was the guy is a douche bag who has done this to draw attention to himself, not honor his pet.
By Artemicion 2012-06-04 14:29:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't care for cats in the slightest, my main point was the guy is a douche bag who has done this to draw attention to himself, not honor his pet.

And you can determine this with validity how?
Did you not read the cat's name? It looks like a creative approach to honoring his cat's namesake in a clever way. But that's just me.
[+]
By Moonwalkerv 2012-06-04 14:32:38
Link | Quote | Reply

The guy is an artist, this was to showcase his "art". Lets wait and see how long until he has a showcase of his other art.

I guess i'm the only person who saw, artist, helicopter cat and made the conclusion it was a weak attempt at publicity?
 Siren.Demetreos
Server: Siren
user: Riggy
By Siren.Demetreos 2012-06-04 14:34:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Tasty, tasty tears.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6