users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » The Beast Within -- A Guide to Blue Mage
The Beast Within -- A Guide to Blue Mage
First Page 2 3 ... 163 164 165 ... 445 446 447
By mortontony1 2015-02-25 01:52:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Seranos said: »
Odin.Brocovich said: »
Subduction, Retinal Glare, Cursed Sphere and thermal pulse were the ones i used... everything but ice and wind elementals die in 2 subductions so you can use the higher recast spells for those

Thanks for the quick reply! It's been a while since I've played my BLU, so I still have some gearing to do. Would the following set be adequate for Yorcia, or should I work on gearing before I try it (Hagondes all have pet augments, no MAB right now)? I'm trying to be a little more flexible with my LS if I can...

ItemSet 333547

ItemSet 333560

Here's mine. Was using Dosis Tathlum till I sold it because needed gil for skirmishes. I suppose now that I have some I should pick it back up. Can't get exact mab aug #'s on pieces till maint is down but I do know body is +22 (got super lucky)

Edit: +28 M.acc on hat and was previously 4-5 mab iirc, so took the switch, +12mab on gloves, +4FC on pants, and +14mab on feet. Obviously could do better but not too bad imo.
 Sylph.Hyunkyl
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: hyunkyl
By Sylph.Hyunkyl 2015-02-25 07:14:50
Link | Quote | Reply

With the price of a Mimesis you could already have Uson B..
 Shiva.Larrymc
Server: Shiva
user: larrymc
By Shiva.Larrymc 2015-02-25 08:45:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I assume that best offhand for mythic owner is tizona/Claid now, with damage+ augment?

Also does tizona/Claid beat Claid/Claid (I was asked this question today, and I assumed that AM3 makes tizona the top sword for DPS, but with the higher base damage + (damage + ) on Claid I wanted to be sure)
 Shiva.Zykei
user: Zykei
By Shiva.Zykei 2015-02-25 14:51:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Someone else might want to double check but I'm finding very little difference between Almace119(lol?)/Buramenk'ah/Uson B/Claid Soluis(D+18 Acc+20 ATk+20 QA+2).

Claid with the above augment is situationally better then all these sword offhand-wise if you're fully buffed (Rolls/Geo spells/etc) vs tojil but not by much (~2%). Unbuffed or underbuffed it drops behind Uson B by ~2%.

So, unless you run a geo/cor/brd mule for everything, Uson B is slightly better in most situations where as Claid needs a very specific situation...

(Better yet, make all the swords!)
By amadis 2015-02-25 14:54:28
Link | Quote | Reply

whatever I seem to do on my spredsheet I cant get anything to beat 119 almace as offhand for tizona since the last CdC ajustments
 Shiva.Zykei
user: Zykei
By Shiva.Zykei 2015-02-25 14:59:49
Link | Quote | Reply

amadis said: »
whatever I seem to do on my spredsheet I cant get anything to beat 119 almace as offhand for tizona since the last CdC ajustments
Yeah I honestly thought I screwed up while updating my spreadsheet lol
 Asura.Sabishii
Server: Asura
user: Sabishii
By Asura.Sabishii 2015-02-25 15:54:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Larrymc said: »
I assume that best offhand for mythic owner is tizona/Claid now, with damage+ augment?

Also does tizona/Claid beat Claid/Claid (I was asked this question today, and I assumed that AM3 makes tizona the top sword for DPS, but with the higher base damage + (damage + ) on Claid I wanted to be sure)

Having recently gotten a tizona, I can safely say that even if Claid has more damage than tizona, I wouldn't trade my Tizona main hand for anything else in the world (except for nuking). It's just that good. I can upkeep my MP without any refresh trait or battery charge as long as I can melee. Plus AM3 is sick.
 Shiva.Larrymc
user: larrymc
By Shiva.Larrymc 2015-02-25 16:35:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Your right. I used a somewhat out of date blue DPS spreadsheet and plugged in the new values for the skirmish sword, damage+20, attack & acc + 15. Tizona still crushes everything with AM3 up.

And Uson B was still best offhand for Tizona (Target was Tojil).
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2015-02-25 16:41:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I thought the high delay in the offhand would hurt Tizona. Also, with Tizona in the mainhand, it's not like the high damage offhand is helping with CDC all that much. Maybe there are different augs out there that would benefit Mythic owners?
By Leoheart 2015-02-25 19:34:58
Link | Quote | Reply

mortontony1 said: »
Valefor.Seranos said: »
Odin.Brocovich said: »
Subduction, Retinal Glare, Cursed Sphere and thermal pulse were the ones i used... everything but ice and wind elementals die in 2 subductions so you can use the higher recast spells for those

Thanks for the quick reply! It's been a while since I've played my BLU, so I still have some gearing to do. Would the following set be adequate for Yorcia, or should I work on gearing before I try it (Hagondes all have pet augments, no MAB right now)? I'm trying to be a little more flexible with my LS if I can...

ItemSet 333547

ItemSet 333560

Here's mine. Was using Dosis Tathlum till I sold it because needed gil for skirmishes. I suppose now that I have some I should pick it back up. Can't get exact mab aug #'s on pieces till maint is down but I do know body is +22 (got super lucky)

Edit: +28 M.acc on hat and was previously 4-5 mab iirc, so took the switch, +12mab on gloves, +4FC on pants, and +14mab on feet. Obviously could do better but not too bad imo.

Not sure if it'll be much better but I offhand Tamaxchi augmented with M.acc +30 and Mab +10, only difference is ~10 magic attack and main handing eminent for the acuracy latent, the cure potency is great for magic fruit as well!
By mortontony1 2015-02-25 19:40:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Mine is Macc 30 and Mdmg 15, so actually looking at it it's 2MAB, 1 int/mnd less but 4 more mdmg than current offhand for me, plus the 22cure pot without tp loss. Gonna try it offhand this next run, partly because my cure set on blu is... well... nonexistent right now until I start working on telchine.

Also gonna play around with Rail cannon this run. Looks fun.
 Sylph.Oraen
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-02-26 01:52:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm honestly just not sure if I should work on Claid/Claid over uson/uson. Almost 18m so far on just one sword and the best I've had so far has been D14 8 acc/atk and 4 DA. I hate this random augment system, but I adore BLU and will do whatever is the absolute best for it. Would anybody be kind enough to post some numbers comparing the two?
By mortontony1 2015-02-26 03:01:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Numbers aside from Prothescar's?
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-02-26 03:08:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, always good to get multiple opinions.
By mortontony1 2015-02-26 03:10:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Then no I do not have any others.
Side note; dmg+19 on claid after 2x nq and 1x +1. I'm plenty satisfied with this.
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-02-26 03:11:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Wait, seriously? I thought you couldn't get the highest augment without using +2 stones. Well, that might change my perspective on Claids.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By mortontony1 2015-02-26 03:22:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Oraen said: »
Wait, seriously? I thought you couldn't get the highest augment without using +2 stones. Well, that might change my perspective on Claids.

...19 is the highest? That makes me even more happy.
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-02-26 03:27:19
Link | Quote | Reply

20 is the highest reported augment so far, so it's pretty damned close.
By mortontony1 2015-02-26 03:33:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I win!
By Selindrile 2015-02-26 03:48:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Nikia said: »

would love to know why the image is so damn small ;;

Need to figure out what to shoot for with Dusk augments on Taeon

Pretty sure it's either gotta be stats or crit, idk which.
 Ragnarok.Luloo
Server: Ragnarok
user: Lulo
By Ragnarok.Luloo 2015-02-26 04:49:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Selindrile said: »
Odin.Nikia said: »

would love to know why the image is so damn small ;;

Need to figure out what to shoot for with Dusk augments on Taeon

Pretty sure it's either gotta be stats or crit, idk which.

Wouldnt ws dmg+ be better?
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-02-26 04:53:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Not for CDC, as WSD only applies to the first hit. If you're building sets for THF or DNC, then yes.
 Ragnarok.Luloo
By Ragnarok.Luloo 2015-02-26 04:57:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Then shall we pick stats like str/dex with dusktips? or Crit+ with duskslit?

Also was looking at Prot new 70/100 DD set, wouldnt be better as a save point to actually keep molting plumage and take off like mortal ray and blazing bound? Still DW4 and save 1 point. I didnt check other combinations tbh yet (-2 to 100!).
 Ragnarok.Luloo
By Ragnarok.Luloo 2015-02-26 05:00:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Luloo said: »
Then shall we pick stats like str/dex with dusktips? or Crit+ with duskslit?

Also was looking at Prot new 70/100 DD set, wouldnt be better as a save point to actually keep molting plumage and take off like mortal ray and blazing bound? Still DW4 and save 1 point. I didnt check other combinations tbh yet (-2 to 100!).

Best to me at this point, after a quick check, would be to take off from Prot 70/100 set Animating Wail and Mortal Ray (9 points total to set, 8 points on DW) and introduce Molting plumage (6 points to set, 8 points on DW). Save 1 slot and 3 blu points to set something else like phalanx or magic fruit or refresh.
By Leoheart 2015-02-26 07:43:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone have recommended spell set for yorcia skirmish?
 Asura.Yamoman
Server: Asura
user: Yamoman
By Asura.Yamoman 2015-02-26 08:02:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Theres a pretty decent set almost identical to what i use on previous page.
 Phoenix.Phaeon
Server: Phoenix
user: Phaeon
By Phoenix.Phaeon 2015-02-26 09:21:27
Link | Quote | Reply

How does Save TP Claid stack up against Damage+ Claid, either main, off, or both? I assume it can get it if Ipetam can, and the Save TP supposedly goes up to 300.
 Sylph.Gobbo
user: Gobbo
By Sylph.Gobbo 2015-02-26 15:30:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Regen Potency augments and the Regen Duration+ on the armor adds directly to Regeneration if anyone was curious. Enhancing Magic Duration+ obviously does not though.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2015-02-26 16:03:28
Link | Quote | Reply

w
Sylph.Gobbo said: »
Regen Potency augments and the Regen Duration+ on the armor adds directly to Regeneration if anyone was curious. Enhancing Magic Duration+ obviously does not though.

Wait, really? So does Bolebunga also enhance? I never tried when they 'increased the effectiveness of regeneration'.
First Page 2 3 ... 163 164 165 ... 445 446 447