First Page 2 3 ... 162 163 164 ... 446 447 448
 Valefor.Seranos
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Seranos
By Valefor.Seranos 2015-02-24 08:24:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kaht said: »
At the very least I'd say buy a Friomisi Earring. They used to be dirt cheap, but I just checked and the price on my server has tripled in the last few days. Errrbody wants to be a BLM now, it seems.

I'll prioritize more MAB like Hag Cuffs, maybe AF3+2 feet first. That'll give me more bang for my buck than another 5% MAB. I have a LOT of work to do on gearing... lol.
By FaeQueenCory 2015-02-24 08:34:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Or, you can also do Weatherspoon+1 feet. Augment them for more MP.
They'd have the dINT over AF3+2.
They're also free to make.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2015-02-24 10:35:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Seranos said: »
mortontony1 said: »
So with new skirmish I've been using /rdm or /sch, would anyone happen to have a decent enhancing skill+ set for things like phalanx, aquaveil? Might play around with en- spells too

Been thinking of taking BLU to skirmish and was hoping you'd share the spells you're using for elementals. I haven't touched my BLU in a while so may need to go fa some spells.

Thanks!

Posted this a couple pages back:

Caitsith.Mahayaya said: »
Ragnarok.Sekundes said: »
BG wiki claims tier 4 but 40 attainable trait points for it. I would think that if they haven't removed the cap, tier 4 would be 5, etc. And if they have removed it we would have gotten tier 5, which would become 6? SE just needs to admit they just really like BLU and give us everything. Literally, everything.
Don't really see the problem with it honestly. We have to spend an excessive amount of points and spell slots to do this.

This new Skirmish has me setting a lot more magic than I normally would. You can pretty much drop DD traits since a couple BLU spells can kill faster than you can engage and TP on the butterflies. Then you need a variety of nukes, and making sure they can 2-shot.

I go in /rdm for convert and Stoneskin, though Magic Hammer pretty much makes it so you don't need convert.
Here's my spell set:

Erratic Flutter - FC+Recast for Spells
Magic Fruit - Better healing than /rdm provides
Occultation - Tons of shadows
Sudden Lunge - Stun for annoying AoEs
Whirl of Rage - Emergency Stun for multiple elementals
Sinker Drill - Can 1 or nearly 1 shot Butterflies
Delta Thrust - DW for clubs + Can finish up Butterflies if not killed with Sinker
Winds of Promyvion - Bind removal
Dream Flower - MAB trait + Emergency Sleep
Memento Mori - MAB Trait + MAB
Subduction - MAB trait + Best AoE nuke
Thermal Pulse - Primary AoE nuke for Ice+Wind elementals
Retinal Glare - Conserve MP + insanely good frontal nuke with low MP and recast. This is what I use after Thermal Pulse
Magic Hammer - Full MP Restore and combined with Retinal Glare can handle the Wind/Ice elementals that won't be wrecked by Subduction

Which leaves maxing out MAB Trait with:
Cursed Sphere - MAB Trait + Probably a pretty decent nuke too
Sound Blast - MAB Trait
Eyes on Me - MAB Trait
Heat Breath - MAB Trait
(Can remove Whirl of Rage and set Reactor Cool for last MAB if we get access to it)
 Sylph.Hyunkyl
Server: Sylph
user: hyunkyl
By Sylph.Hyunkyl 2015-02-24 10:46:35
Link | Quote | Reply

What would be the best alluvion item to grab some CS swords in Rala?
 Valefor.Seranos
Server: Valefor
user: Seranos
By Valefor.Seranos 2015-02-24 10:55:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Mahayaya said: »

Posted this a couple pages back:

You are a wonderful person! I've been trying to read through, but sometimes it gets tough reading 20-30 pages trying to find one thing.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2015-02-24 16:19:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm getting to learn elementals much better than I did before from this event...

But since I can't oneshot them yet I have some trouble with recasts and multiple mobs. Especially for the dual elementals. For single elementals you can just avoid their element and the element they are strong to and you're good but for the dual elementals it's a bit more limited.

Baelfyr Can't use Light, Fire or Ice.

Byrgen Can't use Dark, Earth or Thunder.

Gefyrst Can't use Ice, Water, or Wind. Fire they have both a strong and weak element for that one so I'm not sure what it does. I guess it'd be neutral. I'll have to test that one.

Ungeweder Can't use Thunder, Wind or Water. Earth is one of those middle elements again. These cause me the most trouble because they resist 3 out of 5 of my spells I have set for magic damage.

But what makes it a bit frustrating is when you get 2 or more in a group of various elements and you have to spam everything and you are almost sure to run in to a mob or two who won't die. Especially ones resistant to Subduction.

I end up taking a lot of damage when this happens and then have to spend time buffing again. Do you guys just snipe outliers and take it a bit slower or just have good nuke sets and annihilate everything? I guess I just need more practice.
 Shiva.Zykei
Server: Shiva
user: Zykei
By Shiva.Zykei 2015-02-24 16:29:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I tend to start with a Rectal Glare and follow up with either Magic hammer or Flash nova with Flash nova guaranteeing the kill. Should be able to 2 shot with Rectal glare + Magic hammer if you have the weatherspoon ring though (don't ring but they tend to have a sliver of hp left with the 2 spells)
By mortontony1 2015-02-24 16:33:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I usually snipe outliers unless there are a few together that will all die with subduction/thermal pulse. I have been using water bomb to pull sometimes and as long as it isn't resisted the silence is so useful. That and subduction makes it easy. Take 5 steps, recast, takes 5 steps, etc. at almost no danger to yourself.

I also go after the butterflies. Sinker > Delta will kill for me, plus realmrazer when I have tp. All my hagondes pieces have 10+ mab, and am just using eminent/homestead wands so nothing amazing. Basically stole Mahayaya's set list :P

Edit:
Shiva.Zykei said: »
Rectal Glare

Just need to check if this was an intentional typo.
[+]
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2015-02-24 16:49:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm getting to learn elementals much better than I did before from this event...

But since I can't oneshot them yet I have some trouble with recasts and multiple mobs. Especially for the dual elementals. For single elementals you can just avoid their element and the element they are strong to and you're good but for the dual elementals it's a bit more limited.

Baelfyr Can't use Light, Fire or Ice.

Byrgen Can't use Dark, Earth or Thunder.

Gefyrst Can't use Ice, Water, or Wind. Fire they have both a strong and weak element for that one so I'm not sure what it does. I guess it'd be neutral. I'll have to test that one.

Ungeweder Can't use Thunder, Wind or Water. Earth is one of those middle elements again. These cause me the most trouble because they resist 3 out of 5 of my spells I have set for magic damage.

But what makes it a bit frustrating is when you get 2 or more in a group of various elements and you have to spam everything and you are almost sure to run in to a mob or two who won't die. Especially ones resistant to Subduction.

I end up taking a lot of damage when this happens and then have to spend time buffing again. Do you guys just snipe outliers and take it a bit slower or just have good nuke sets and annihilate everything? I guess I just need more practice.

Sometimes I'll run into a group of 3-4 but most I can only range hit 2 at a time. When I do 3-4, I definitely have Occultation and Aquaveil up. Start with Thermal Pulse > Whirl of Rage > Retinal Glare what remaining Ice/Wind elementals > Subduction spam. After first subduction, if you're getting hammered, run. What's left shouldn't be immune to gravity.
 Lakshmi.Kingofbastok
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Kingofbastok 2015-02-24 17:32:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Seranos said: »
Odin.Brocovich said: »
Subduction, Retinal Glare, Cursed Sphere and thermal pulse were the ones i used... everything but ice and wind elementals die in 2 subductions so you can use the higher recast spells for those

Thanks for the quick reply! It's been a while since I've played my BLU, so I still have some gearing to do. Would the following set be adequate for Yorcia, or should I work on gearing before I try it (Hagondes all have pet augments, no MAB right now)? I'm trying to be a little more flexible with my LS if I can...

ItemSet 333547

If you're looking for a really minor, but pretty easy upgrade, you can use Salire Belt from Bouncing Bertha, the Leaping Lizzie Unity NM. It's a very easy NM and costs a low amount of accolades, but you'll need 2 other bodies to help you since you need 3+ people to pop unity NMs. Not sure what lvl you have to be to do unity NMs, but if you can be lower lvl, you could probably find 2 people to just leech the xp and sparks, assuming they have some accolades to use.
By mortontony1 2015-02-24 17:43:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah that set could function but would just take another cast or two. You can solo the old Yorcia skirmish really easily to get hat/gloves too, but with current prices I might wait. I spammed a bunch of 1/1/1 and 2/2/2 for all my gear. Super easy with subduction spam.

But as far as current Yorcia yeah you're fine just not super amazing. If you get enough wings I'd grab at least one of the skirmish clubs too.
 Sylph.Hyunkyl
user: hyunkyl
By Sylph.Hyunkyl 2015-02-24 19:30:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Duskslit or Dusktip for +damage on Claid Soluis?
 Sylph.Oraen
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-02-24 20:03:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Proth, curious about the sets you posted earlier during your Uson/Uson v Claid/Claid. Even with DW5, Taeon boots with their native DW don't hurt you overall? I would have expected that the extra 4 DW would have hurt us more than the 2 TA helped us.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2015-02-24 21:45:29
Link | Quote | Reply

This is the set I'm using now. Made a few changes so I could get Glare and whirl.

Whirl of Rage Zan(4) 2p
Quad. Continuum DW(4) 4p
Barbed Crescent DW(4) 2p
Sinker Drill CAB(8) 6p
Sound Blast MAB(4) 1p
Thermal Pulse ATB(4) 3p
Memento Mori MAB(4) 4p
Occultation Eva(4) 3p
Subduction MAB(8) 6p
Erratic Flutter FC(8) 6p
Cocoon - 1p
Barrier Tusk HP(4) 3p
Charged Whisker TH(4) 4p
Cursed Sphere MAB(4) 2p
Rending Deluge MDB(8) 6p
Magic Hammer MAB(4) 4p
Retinal Glare CM(8) 5p
Eyes On Me MAB(4) 4p
Dream Flower MAB(4) 3p
69 points total

And this is my basic gear set:
Gabaxorea -- path A
Tamaxchi
Snow Sachet -- Working on getting a Dosis Tathlum BC just hates me.
Hagondes Hat -- 13 MAB Aug
Eddy Necklace
Hecate's Earring
Friomisi Earring
Vanir Cotehardie -- My Hagondes doesn't have a good Aug yet
Hagondes Cuffs -- 22 MAB Aug
Shiva Ring
Shiva Ring
Cornflower Cape
Aswang Sash
Hagondes Pants -- No MAB Aug yet
Mavi Basmak +2 -- Hagondes doesn't have a good Aug yet.

Had some very bad luck with getting Verdigris stones. AH is nearly empty all the time so I haven't really been able to work on my augs.

Let me know if you guys see any ways I could improve without too much cost.
 Leviathan.Stamos
Server: Leviathan
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2015-02-24 22:00:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Hyunkyl said: »
Duskslit or Dusktip for +damage on Claid Soluis?
Duskslit.
By mortontony1 2015-02-24 22:23:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Curious as to your choice of Tamaxchi, just preference for cure pot w/o tp loss > the bit of mab/mdmg of other clubs?
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2015-02-24 22:49:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Curious as to your choice of Tamaxchi, just preference for cure pot w/o tp loss > the bit of mab/mdmg of other clubs?
Wasn't really a choice so much as I don't have the plasm for another Gab atm. Sad thing is it isn't even augmented with a flash frost either. Just need to get off my *** and go get some plasm.

At first I was using Anahera and tamaxchi and switching to a path A Gab boosted my damage by ~500 on every spell. The next one probably won't be that much since tamaxchi isn't as bad but I'm hoping to at least pull in another 300 and perhaps I can get close to oneshotting things.
 Quetzalcoatl.Harmless
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Ollette07
By Quetzalcoatl.Harmless 2015-02-24 23:28:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Wasn't really a choice so much as I don't have the plasm for another Gab atm. Sad thing is it isn't even augmented with a flash frost either. Just need to get off my *** and go get some plasm.

At first I was using Anahera and tamaxchi and switching to a path A Gab boosted my damage by ~500 on every spell. The next one probably won't be that much since tamaxchi isn't as bad but I'm hoping to at least pull in another 300 and perhaps I can get close to oneshotting things.

Could grab yourself an Eminent Wand in the meantime if you have sparks.
By mortontony1 2015-02-24 23:32:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah eminent or homestead would give you a decent boost, though not game breaking.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2015-02-24 23:47:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm, good point. I'll have to pick one of those up for the meantime while I wait for getting some points for Gab.

Thanks ^^
By mortontony1 2015-02-24 23:49:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm, good point. I'll have to pick one of those up for the meantime while I wait for getting some points for Gab.

Thanks ^^

Because unlike some people, gil is somewhat of an issue for me, I plan on doing one gab and another skirmish club, the skirmish dual aug'ed for decent melee and decent mab.

Edit: Ugh, maybe dual gabs. Such a tough call >..
 Quetzalcoatl.Harmless
By Quetzalcoatl.Harmless 2015-02-25 00:04:02
Link | Quote | Reply

So I have a question that's probably been answered already in this thread but anyways... besides the obvious Taeon set with typical triple attack/dual weild augments, which pieces from the other sets and with which augments do you consider must haves for blu? I'm really struggling to decide which pieces should be made for BLU and which I should use for SMN. I'd really like to avoid having 3 sets of Helios gear (BP DMG, MAB, ect...)
By mortontony1 2015-02-25 00:18:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Harmless said: »

From what I've seen, Helios gloves and boots just due to natural mab. Head, body, and pants would still be Hagondes.
 Quetzalcoatl.Harmless
By Quetzalcoatl.Harmless 2015-02-25 00:23:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok thanks for that... I figured the boots provided more for blu than smn since reforged have bp dmg and hagondes have pet MAB natively but the rest had thrown me off.

So aside from the Taeon and the pieces you mentioned, the rest is pretty much a sidegrade?
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-02-25 00:28:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Telchine set can be augmented with, as far as I know, up to 9% cure potency, so you can FINALLY build a 50% cure pot set for BLU. After your DD augmenting, I highly suggest starting on Telchine, as the difference is profound.
By mortontony1 2015-02-25 00:29:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah forgot to add Telchine to that. Forgot about that set my last few runs and didn't even lot on them ; ;

Edit: Telchine +9 cure pot each 5/5 plus the 10% on hands gives 46%, would allow us to cap with Oretania cape, fill the rest with mnd/vit and -enmity. So we can already DD and nuke, are we whms now too?
 Quetzalcoatl.Harmless
By Quetzalcoatl.Harmless 2015-02-25 00:42:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok that doesn't sound too terrible for my inventory then. I play a few different jobs and based on the jobs that can equip Telchine gear cure potency would be useful to a few.

So now Taeon, Helios Hands and Feet & Telchine for BLU (Triple Attack & Dual Weild) (Cure Potency) (MAB)
Helios for SMN (BP Dmg, Pet Crit & Pet MAB)
Acro for SAM (No idea what augments cause I don't play SAM lately)

I just went from nothing to do in the game to "Where the hell do I start?!"
By mortontony1 2015-02-25 00:45:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Harmless said: »
"Where the hell do I start?!"

I know in 95% of cases gear> weapons but I'm currently using Mimesis and eminent sword, I'm just trying to get some Claid's and Nehushtan's and working on augmenting them. Selling all dusk/orb +2s and hoarding all the rest
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-02-25 00:47:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd highly suggest building 2 B Usons in the meantime before Claideamhs. They will cost quite a lot for perfect augments, whereas you can probably finish both Usons for a combined 5m
By mortontony1 2015-02-25 00:49:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Oraen said: »
I'd highly suggest building 2 B Usons in the meantime before Claideamhs. They will cost quite a lot for perfect augments, whereas you can probably finish both Usons for a combined 5m

Well I don't have any sort of a delve group right now, so a less than perfect augment would still be a serious boost, as well as more attainable, for me.

Edit: Not to mention I would rather Claid/Mimesis over Claid/Uson. I think those are the ugliest swords ever.
First Page 2 3 ... 162 163 164 ... 446 447 448