Ragnarok.Luloo
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Lulo
By Ragnarok.Luloo 2015-02-23 04:56:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Parameters

Buffs and debuffs equal across each scenario. BRD is assumed +4 songs with 3 songs, no SV.

Target Name: Simulated Tojil
DEF: 1900
EVA: 870
VIT: 200
AGI: 200

Buffs: Ionis, Haste II, March, Minuet V, Madrigal II, Samurai Roll (XI+5), Fighter Roll (XI+5), Berserk, Nature's Meditation, Charred Salisbury Steak

Debuffs: Dia II, 25% DEF Down

Gearsets

2x Uson Bs for Uson set, 2x Claid Soluis w/ DMG+18 ATK+20 ACC+20 DA+6

TP:
Sword/Sword/NA/Ginsen
Iuitl+1(w/DA2)/Asperity/Trux/Brutal
Qaaxo A/Taeon w/15ACC 15ATK 2TA/Rajas/Epona
Bleating/Windbuffet+1/Taeon w/ 15ACC 15ATK 2TA/Taeon w/ 15ACC 15ATK 2TA

CDC:
Sword/Sword/NA/Jukukik
Ukuxkaj w/DEX+8/Gorget/Brutal/Moonshade
Dread Jupon/Nilas Gloves/Ramuh+1/Epona
Rancorous/Ele Belt/Manibozho/Vanir

Possibly some minor upgrades to the CDC set, doesn't matter for this.

Spellset
Quad. Continuum
Delta Thrust
Barbed Crescent
Empty Thrash
Heavy Strike
Thrashing Assault
Sudden Lunge
Glutinous Dart
Sinker Drill
Sweeping Gouge
Nat. Meditation
Erratic Flutter
Cocoon
Molting Plumage
Animating Wail
Blazing Bound
Mortal Ray
Fantod

Dual Wield V
Triple Attack
Accuracy Bonus II
Critical Attack Bonus II
Store TP II

Results

DPS for Uson/Uson: 1657
DPS for Claid/Claid: 1790

Dropping DW5 to DW4 and Adding Store TP III (Molting Plumage -> Diffusion Ray)
Additionally, Tripudio began outperforming Trux considerably for Uson/Uson and Suppa began outperforming Trux for Claid/Claid
No Dual Wield Taeon pieces outperformed TA ones for either set of swords
DPS for Uson/Uson: 1700
DPS for Claid/Claid: 1795

Average Rounds to 1000TP
Uson/Uson: 3
Claid/Claid: 3

Average Time to 1000TP
Uson/Uson: 6.8 Seconds
Claid/Claid: 7.2 Seconds

Average Autoattack Damage Per WS Round
Uson/Uson: 783
Claid/Claid: 971

Average CDC Damage
Uson/Uson: 9183
Claid/Claid: 10185

Conclusion

Claid/Claid comes out +/-5% ahead of Uson/Uson assuming presumably (as of now) perfect augments on both swords.
+20DMG augment to both swords raises this lead to +/-6%.
+15DMG augment to both swords decreases this lead to +/-4%.
+12DMG augment to both swords decreases this lead to +/-3%.

Varying levels of Store TP also affect the results.
A +20DMG Claid/Claid setup vs Uson/Uson with no SAM roll comes out to a +/-7% lead to Claid/Claid.

Varying levels of Haste have an effect too.
Removing March and keeping SAM roll puts Claid/Claid +/-8% ahead of Uson/Uson.
Removing both March AND SAM roll puts Claid/Claid +/-9% ahead of Uson/Uson.

Removing multiattack has little effect on the results, it helps both setups nearly equally.

Daer Prot, as usual thanks for all the help u costantly give us blus, i wonder so which is now best offhand for tizona owners,and in this case trux or tripudio paired with brutal?
Also one more question, getting off molting plumage and so with gift going back to dw4 you plan on capping dw in pt (magic haste capped) set with dw4 on feet? if so we would end up at dw 34 out of 36 needed right?
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2015-02-23 08:09:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd keep personally Molting Plumage over Mortal Ray and Animated Wail / Quadratic and Blazing Bound if going for a lower DW trait.

I'm also curious to know where mythic stands. The base damage blows on Tizona but AM3 is quite nice allowing more frequent CDC to CDC light self skillchains.
 Sylph.Traxus
Server: Sylph
user: traxusIV
By Sylph.Traxus 2015-02-23 08:11:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Avebian said: »
Just tested MAB, it goes up to tier 5 with new gift

I went out and checked, and it actually goes up to t6 now with all spells + gift. Guess I have to manually test everything and can't assume SE ever knows what they're talking about.

EDIT: Attack bonus goes to t5 as well.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2015-02-23 08:28:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Avebian said: »
Just tested MAB, it goes up to tier 5 with new gift
So if you set 32 trait points for MAB IV the gift will turn it to V but if you set 40 Trait points, you still won't get MAB V?
 Sylph.Traxus
By Sylph.Traxus 2015-02-23 08:37:33
Link | Quote | Reply

It does go to t6, which doesn't make sense in any direction with the patch notes:

Quote:
The maximum level of the following job traits has been increased from three to four.

Attack Bonus / Defense Bonus / Evasion Bonus / Accuracy Bonus / Magic Attack Bonus / Magic Defense Bonus / Conserve MP

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/46068-Feb-19-2015-%28JST%29-Version-Update

It was definitely capped 3 at before the update. Even if the gift increased the hard cap by 1 it should only be t5.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2015-02-23 08:44:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Weird, I briefly checked last night and didn't seem to get that last 1 or 2 MAB traits. I did notice small changes in damage from +INT from spell attributes though.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2015-02-23 09:16:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I could tell that I got IV but I never even tried V and I don't quite have the JP gift yet so I can't try that stuff yet.
 Sylph.Traxus
By Sylph.Traxus 2015-02-23 09:20:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok I'm testing over and over with the same int, and on two occasions I've gotten it to cap at t6, otherwise at t5. I think it's possible to break something depending on what you have equipped when you change zones, trying to figure it out.

EDIT: Or when changing spells before job traits load. Every time I've gotten it to work I zoned in with one 4 JT point spell initially (t1). I can't figure out how to do it consistently.

Ragnarok.Sekundes said: »
I could tell that I got IV but I never even tried V and I don't quite have the JP gift yet so I can't try that stuff yet.

See if you can get t5 without gift.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2015-02-23 11:20:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Traxus said: »
Ok I'm testing over and over with the same int, and on two occasions I've gotten it to cap at t6, otherwise at t5. I think it's possible to break something depending on what you have equipped when you change zones, trying to figure it out.

EDIT: Or when changing spells before job traits load. Every time I've gotten it to work I zoned in with one 4 JT point spell initially (t1). I can't figure out how to do it consistently.

Ragnarok.Sekundes said: »

See if you can get t5 without gift.

I wonder if it's glitching... and I wonder how many other traits may be affected? Kinda suck if it wasn't intentional and they fix it.

I'll try and see if I can get MAB V.
 Sylph.Traxus
By Sylph.Traxus 2015-02-23 11:45:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Well the only other tiered trait we have a surplus of points for is clear mind, so I don't think there's anything else you could abuse with this besides the possible +4 MAB.
 Cerberus.Kaht
Server: Cerberus
user: kaht
By Cerberus.Kaht 2015-02-23 12:39:51
Link | Quote | Reply

So, with the influx of new gear, is Hagondes outclassed in pretty much every aspect? I took a long break, and have been slowly working to +1 my iuitl and hagondes stuff (so far only +1'd iuitl head and legs, and hagondes legs). I'm content to stop now and work full time on yorcia gear if it replaces everything hagondes-wise.

The question is probably even more relevant than ever now, considering a mage build is pretty important for yorcia alluvion content, and BLU is finally actively sought out for this event.
 Sylph.Avebian
user: Avebian
By Sylph.Avebian 2015-02-23 12:44:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Traxus said: »
I went out and checked, and it actually goes up to t6 now with all spells + gift. Guess I have to manually test everything and can't assume SE ever knows what they're talking about.

You seem to be having a difficult time testing MAB, The highest you can go with gifts is tier 5 NOT 6. Go out test it with all MAB spells set, then take off one tier and you'll do the same damage...
 Sylph.Oraen
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-02-23 12:46:11
Link | Quote | Reply

For pure MAB, some pieces still reign supreme. Legs come with a massive 25 native MAB, on top of having a max of 30 MAB from augments. Body and head also have native MAB, so they stick around. I've replaced my hands and feet with Helois, just because of their base + augment MAB. Hagondes hands are still amazing for macc, though.

You also want to be on the lookout for Telchine gear, as we can finally finally FINALLY cap cure potency with them. You have no idea how good it felt to get rid of magavan slops and chelona blazer for some ilvl cure pot gear.
[+]
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2015-02-23 12:53:59
Link | Quote | Reply

My inventory is going to be so pissed.
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-02-23 13:09:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Mine has already sent me multiple strongly worded letters of displeasure. But I can actually heal well now, so that's something.
 Shiva.Larrymc
Server: Shiva
user: larrymc
By Shiva.Larrymc 2015-02-23 15:36:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Parameters

Buffs and debuffs equal across each scenario. BRD is assumed +4 songs with 3 songs, no SV.

Target Name: Simulated Tojil
DEF: 1900
EVA: 870
VIT: 200
AGI: 200

Buffs: Ionis, Haste II, March, Minuet V, Madrigal II, Samurai Roll (XI+5), Fighter Roll (XI+5), Berserk, Nature's Meditation, Charred Salisbury Steak

Debuffs: Dia II, 25% DEF Down

Gearsets

2x Uson Bs for Uson set, 2x Claid Soluis w/ DMG+18 ATK+20 ACC+20 DA+6

TP:
Sword/Sword/NA/Ginsen
Iuitl+1(w/DA2)/Asperity/Trux/Brutal
Qaaxo A/Taeon w/15ACC 15ATK 2TA/Rajas/Epona
Bleating/Windbuffet+1/Taeon w/ 15ACC 15ATK 2TA/Taeon w/ 15ACC 15ATK 2TA

CDC:
Sword/Sword/NA/Jukukik
Ukuxkaj w/DEX+8/Gorget/Brutal/Moonshade
Dread Jupon/Nilas Gloves/Ramuh+1/Epona
Rancorous/Ele Belt/Manibozho/Vanir

Possibly some minor upgrades to the CDC set, doesn't matter for this.

Spellset
Quad. Continuum
Delta Thrust
Barbed Crescent
Empty Thrash
Heavy Strike
Thrashing Assault
Sudden Lunge
Glutinous Dart
Sinker Drill
Sweeping Gouge
Nat. Meditation
Erratic Flutter
Cocoon
Molting Plumage
Animating Wail
Blazing Bound
Mortal Ray
Fantod

Dual Wield V
Triple Attack
Accuracy Bonus II
Critical Attack Bonus II
Store TP II

Results

DPS for Uson/Uson: 1657
DPS for Claid/Claid: 1790

Dropping DW5 to DW4 and Adding Store TP III (Molting Plumage -> Diffusion Ray)
Additionally, Tripudio began outperforming Trux considerably for Uson/Uson and Suppa began outperforming Trux for Claid/Claid
No Dual Wield Taeon pieces outperformed TA ones for either set of swords
DPS for Uson/Uson: 1700
DPS for Claid/Claid: 1795

Average Rounds to 1000TP
Uson/Uson: 3
Claid/Claid: 3

Average Time to 1000TP
Uson/Uson: 6.8 Seconds
Claid/Claid: 7.2 Seconds

Average Autoattack Damage Per WS Round
Uson/Uson: 783
Claid/Claid: 971

Average CDC Damage
Uson/Uson: 9183
Claid/Claid: 10185

Conclusion

Claid/Claid comes out +/-5% ahead of Uson/Uson assuming presumably (as of now) perfect augments on both swords.
+20DMG augment to both swords raises this lead to +/-6%.
+15DMG augment to both swords decreases this lead to +/-4%.
+12DMG augment to both swords decreases this lead to +/-3%.

Varying levels of Store TP also affect the results.
A +20DMG Claid/Claid setup vs Uson/Uson with no SAM roll comes out to a +/-7% lead to Claid/Claid.

Varying levels of Haste have an effect too.
Removing March and keeping SAM roll puts Claid/Claid +/-8% ahead of Uson/Uson.
Removing both March AND SAM roll puts Claid/Claid +/-9% ahead of Uson/Uson.

Removing multiattack has little effect on the results, it helps both setups nearly equally.

Thank you for answering this question with math, it is very much appreciated.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2015-02-23 15:53:50
Link | Quote | Reply

What's the stone to use for Cure Potency Augments on Telchine gear?
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-02-23 15:54:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Leafdim
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2015-02-23 15:57:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks
By mortontony1 2015-02-23 16:24:59
Link | Quote | Reply

So with new skirmish I've been using /rdm or /sch, would anyone happen to have a decent enhancing skill+ set for things like phalanx, aquaveil? Might play around with en- spells too
 Shiva.Larrymc
user: larrymc
By Shiva.Larrymc 2015-02-23 16:47:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I have been using /thf with new skirmish to flee to find the camps of elementals as quickly as possible.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2015-02-23 17:26:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Larrymc said: »
I have been using /thf with new skirmish to flee to find the camps of elementals as quickly as possible.

Damn, that's a good idea
By mortontony1 2015-02-23 17:28:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Larrymc said: »

Yup going /thf tonight.

Edit: Makes me feel much better to know I'm not the only one who hadn't thought of this.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2015-02-23 21:09:16
Link | Quote | Reply

mortontony1 said: »
Siren.Kyte said: »
DW makes high delay stuff relatively worse, not better.

Going to preface this by saying I don't do much with the maths and stuff for delay/tp per hit as it's a bit over my head and I'm not terribly concerned about doing that extra 3% of damage. I would have thought that higher delay would have been better for that, making the tp loss from dual wield less impactful?
Nobody's answered this and I hate leaving questions unanswered, so here we go.

There are three possible scenarios with regards to TP gain over time, depending on the mathematical relationship between the two. TP gain over time could increase, decrease, or remain static based on variations in delay. Minute fluctuations due to rounding errors do occur, but aren't terribly significant.

In the past, TP gain over time varied noticeably by delay. In particular, delays below 180 began to experience notable increases in TP gain over time. I gather that TP gain equations were reworked last year, but there's still some truth to this in melee delay ranges (540 and below) - TP gain over time increases slightly as delay approaches 180, below which it increases more rapidly. The delay on Claim Solais (lazy, reformed spelling ftw) is very high, so you won't even hit the inflection point until ~33% DW. Uson's lower delay is more favorable in general, but particularly in situations where you'd have at least ~22% DW (which is when Uson hits the inflection point).

Proth's calculations show that Claimh Solais wins anyway though through sheer power, but it's worth knowing.
[+]
 Shiva.Zykei
user: Zykei
By Shiva.Zykei 2015-02-24 02:29:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't how much more DPS this will add to the above claid/claid scenario but apparently QA+2 is a possible augment for those as I saw a BLU with one today.

Edit: Seems to be same augment slot as DMG+ though... :/
 Valefor.Seranos
Server: Valefor
user: Seranos
By Valefor.Seranos 2015-02-24 05:30:05
Link | Quote | Reply

mortontony1 said: »
So with new skirmish I've been using /rdm or /sch, would anyone happen to have a decent enhancing skill+ set for things like phalanx, aquaveil? Might play around with en- spells too

Been thinking of taking BLU to skirmish and was hoping you'd share the spells you're using for elementals. I haven't touched my BLU in a while so may need to go fa some spells.

Thanks!
 Odin.Brocovich
Server: Odin
user: Brocovich
By Odin.Brocovich 2015-02-24 05:34:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Subduction, Retinal Glare, Cursed Sphere and thermal pulse were the ones i used... everything but ice and wind elementals die in 2 subductions so you can use the higher recast spells for those
[+]
 Valefor.Seranos
Server: Valefor
user: Seranos
By Valefor.Seranos 2015-02-24 07:34:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Brocovich said: »
Subduction, Retinal Glare, Cursed Sphere and thermal pulse were the ones i used... everything but ice and wind elementals die in 2 subductions so you can use the higher recast spells for those

Thanks for the quick reply! It's been a while since I've played my BLU, so I still have some gearing to do. Would the following set be adequate for Yorcia, or should I work on gearing before I try it (Hagondes all have pet augments, no MAB right now)? I'm trying to be a little more flexible with my LS if I can...

ItemSet 333547
 Cerberus.Kaht
Server: Cerberus
user: kaht
By Cerberus.Kaht 2015-02-24 08:01:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Seranos said: »
Odin.Brocovich said: »

Thanks for the quick reply! It's been a while since I've played my BLU, so I still have some gearing to do. Would the following set be adequate for Yorcia, or should I work on gearing before I try it (Hagondes all have pet augments, no MAB right now)? I'm trying to be a little more flexible with my LS if I can...

ItemSet 333547

At the very least I'd say buy a Friomisi Earring. They used to be dirt cheap, but I just checked and the price on my server has tripled in the last few days. Errrbody wants to be a BLM now, it seems.
By Wordspoken 2015-02-24 08:20:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kaht said: »

At the very least I'd say buy a Friomisi Earring. They used to be dirt cheap, but I just checked and the price on my server has tripled in the last few days. Errrbody wants to be a BLM now, it seems.
Or nobody does WKR so less supply for the market.
First Page 2 3 ... 161 162 163 ... 446 447 448