Forum » FFXI » General » New 2hr abilities what would you like to see
New 2hr abilities what would you like to see
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Bismarck.Sylow
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-05-03 09:53:52
Link | Quote | Reply

[WHM] "Desperate Prayer" - Pray for divine interference as a last resort. ( Deals massive light elemental damage, sacrifices remaining MP + Short duration mute)

[WAR] "Obstinate Strikes" - Attacks temporarily ignore level correction. (1m 30 duration)

[BRD] "Cacophany" - Dispels all currently active songs on party members and inflicts heavy non-elemental damage on the target. Additional effect depends on the songs dispelled from the BRD.

e.g. March --> Slow
Minne ---> Defense Down
Minuet ---> Attack Down
Paeon ---> Slip Damage
etc.

[PLD] "Saviour" - Resets target's enmity. Target will only accrue enmity towards the PLD for a time.

[SMN] "Astral Spring" - GREATLY enhances Avatar's Favor effects. (5m duration - triple to quadruple potency of favor effects).

[COR] "Lady Luck" - All rolls will automatically total XI. Reduces Phantom Roll recast to 0 for the duration. (Duration: 5 mins)
 Bismarck.Misao
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2012-05-03 10:20:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Whm - Divine Intervention : Prayer to Altana, Cures a single target to full health, regen, gives a physical and magic defense bonus and resistance to debuffs for 30 seconds. Casting animation for the duration of the ability. If interrupted, D.I. is Interrupted as well.
 Lakshmi.Llana
Server: Lakshmi
user: Llana
By Lakshmi.Llana 2012-05-03 10:38:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Me: Counter-Tard
Instantly kicks every player who gives a HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE, unbalanced suggestion for a job adjustment, off of FFXI, and prevents them from being able to log in for a minimum of 9,999 hours.

Each additional merit reduces the recast time by 30 minutes.
[+]
 Valefor.Altheav
Server: Valefor
user: altheav
By Valefor.Altheav 2012-05-03 11:15:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Back on the first page:

Didn't see anyone had answered this, so here you go:

Siren.Kalilla said: »
11-04-2011 02:35 PM
[source]
Camate
Community Rep

Merit Point Group 3 Merits and New 2-Hours

Hello.

Previously, we stated that we are developing something to the effect of “merit point category 3,” and we have an update to share with you all. (As stated in the previous post, this is in an early stage of development)

“Merit Point Category 3” is intended to strengthen two-hour abilities and we are also working toward adding new two-hour abilities (*)

*What are new two-hour abilities?
  • We are planning to implement them to the test server in March 2012.
    Please look here for a more detailed implementation schedule.

• The new two-hour abilities are scheduled to have completely different effects, rather than enhanced current two-hour ability effects.

• The new two-hour abilities will share the same recast timer with current two-hour abilities and we want players to choose them based on the situation.

[+]
 Phoenix.Lillicarnage
Server: Phoenix
user: Lillica
By Phoenix.Lillicarnage 2012-05-03 11:43:04
Link | Quote | Reply

[DNC] Striptease - The dancer begins a dancing animation, every 5 seconds a piece of visible gear is removed. After 30 seconds the character (now in their underwear) will glow mahou shoujo style implying nudiness, at which point the target will take massive "Bleed Damage" including a knockback effect, and if not killed outright will take a constant DoT Bleed Damage with -ACC and -EVA effects.

Throughout the dancing animation the dancer will give AoE haste samba (dancer will not need to hit the mob) and will randomly use Curing Waltz 3 with AI similar to Dragoon Wyvern (cure lowest HP Alliance member). Dancer will maintain 0 Enmity throughout the 2 hour duration.
[+]
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-05-03 11:45:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Llana said: »
Me: Counter-Tard
Instantly kicks every player who gives a HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE, unbalanced suggestion for a job adjustment, off of FFXI, and prevents them from being able to log in for a minimum of 9,999 hours.

Each additional merit reduces the recast time by 30 minutes.

Thanks for your valuable contribution to this topic!

I would also like to point out that if anyone had suggested the idea of Embrava before it was released, there isn't likely a soul who would consider it "balanced."
[+]
 Asura.Rekin
Server: Asura
By Asura.Rekin 2012-05-05 13:40:16
Link | Quote | Reply

RDM: Kick a Dev.: Upon activation a signal is sent from the server to a wireless electronic machine that will locate one of the devs on FFXI and kicks them in the groin. Limit: 5 uses per day for BALANCE!

In all seriousness;

DRG: Drachen Barrier: Wyvern and Master is given a buff to HP and attack by a fixed percent(based on level) and annuls the next severe attack. Duration: 5min (Note: this is basicly for all drgs who are tired of having their wyvern H.K.O.ed by anything that matters.)

BLM: Mana Purge: The elemental spells cast under duration are given a 50% potency bonus and recast is lowered by 25%. Duration: 30sec. (Fairly useful in high mp situations like in VW where procs are flying everywhere and temps are plentiful.)
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
Server: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2012-05-05 14:10:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Sylow said: »
[WHM] "Desperate Prayer" - Pray for divine interference as a last resort. ( Deals massive light elemental damage, sacrifices remaining MP + Short duration mute)

[PLD] "Saviour" - Resets target's enmity. Target will only accrue enmity towards the PLD for a time.

[COR] "Lady Luck" - All rolls will automatically total XI. Reduces Phantom Roll recast to 0 for the duration. (Duration: 5 mins)
I really like these three.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
Server: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2012-05-05 14:24:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Idk, this would be much better off as a normal ability that lasts for 1-3 spells and doesn't give the unnecessary boon of traits and stat enhancements. As a 2hr it really doesn't do anything for you.
Really? I think it fits the idea of a two-hour perfectly.

You just got aggroed/linked by more monsters than you can handle. Pop two-hour, now you can cast Yawn. And if that fails, Sheep Song or Soporific.

Your whole party is really weak, and one more AoE is going to wipe you out. Pop two-hour, White Wind, Diamondhide.

You've got lots of MP, but need to kill the enemy super fast. Pop two-hour, now you've got access to your whole array of damaging spells.

You just bit off more than you could chew, and are taking damage faster than your recast timers can allow it. Pop two-hour, now you've got access to your whole array of healing and buffing spells.

You forgot to set that super-important spell for this one moment and you need it right away. Pop two-hour.

And on top of that, it would also grant you stuff like Conserve MP, Triple Attack, Dual Wield III, Fast Cast, Treasure Hunter, all of those Bonuses (Atk, MDB, etc), stat resistances, Killer effects, among others. And the stat bonuses would improve your spells.
 Asura.Zart
user: zart
By Asura.Zart 2012-05-05 14:41:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Warrior "Mighty Guard"=Increases the users Defense by 75% and Attack by 25%. The duration is 2 minutes.

Thief "Illusion"= the user has all monsters forget about him/her, with super Invisible Sneak effect that allows the user to travel past true sight and sound monsters. The duration is 2 minutes.

Monk "Chain Arts"= The user's monk job abilities have a recast of 0:01, The duration is 30 seconds.

White mage "Divination"= Removes Weakness effect from all party members within range of the effect.

Red Mage "Essence Rune"=the user gains 10 Accuracy, gains an Enspell bonus and the user's party gains a refresh effect of 8 mp every 3 seconds. The duration of the effect is 1 minute 30 seconds.

Black mage "Evocation"= Increases Magic Burst bonus, Magic Attack Bonus and reduces the user's enmity by 10.
The Duration is 1 minute.

Paladin "Temperance"= Doubles the user's Hit points and targeted member gains the effect of cover.
The duration is 2 minutes

Dark Knight "Dark Intent"= Lowers most of the user's enmity, then reduces enmity generation for 1 minute based on HP.
if the users HP greater then 76% = no reduction in enmity
if the users HP is greater then 51% but, less then or equal to 75% = reduces 25% enmity produced.
if the users HP is greater then 26% but, less then or equal to 50% = reduces 35% enmity produced.
if the users HP is less then 25% = reduces 50% enmity produced.

Bard "Fortissimo"= All players in the user's alliance gain the effect of bard songs, sung by the user (even if they are not in the party)
The Duration is 30 seconds.

Beast Master "Primal Instinct"= reduces the amount of damage the user's pet takes by 50% , the duration is 2 minutes.

Ranger "Sneak Shot"= Cripples target defense, evasion and adds a high potency gravity effects. Reduces your Enmity based on total range from that target.
Duration of effect is 2 minutes.

Samurai "Fury Brand"= Grants the user two new weaponskills to his/her list: "Archery"=>Oisoya "Great Katana"=>Amatsu: Tsukikage
for the next 30 seconds. If the user skillchains them together it causes a skillchain "Cosmic Elucidation"
which lowers all resistance and evasion of the monster. In addition it can be magic bursted with any element.

Ninja "Shadow Flux"= Causes a clone of the user to appear. It wields the same weapons as the user and performs weaponskills at random, skillchains can be performed with it. The Clone can not perform Mythic, Relic or Empyrean weaponskills.
duration of the clone is 1 minute 30 seconds.

Dragoon "Dragon Heart"= the user's Wvyern grows and becomes a larger Wyvern
Uses new Wvyern TP moves, this includes:
Dispelling Wind: AoE Dispel.
Dread Shriek: Very potent AoE Paralysis.
Blizzard Breath: Ice-based Breath Attack
Thunder Breath: Lightning-based Breath Attack
Chaos Breath: Dark-based Breath Attack

The Wvyern loses all previous TP abilities it had,
Duration is until the wvyern dies.
Sets your Call Wyvern job ability to a 30 minutes recast.

Summoner "Astral Flux"= Causes the user to gain a weakness effect. The user may choose to summon Bahamut with this effect or to summon one of the 9 celestial avatars.
If the user summons Bahamut he uses either Mega Flare or Giga Flare deal substiancial damage, and then leaves .
If the user summons a Celestial Avatar, they will be treated as if they have max favor bonus without any avatar penalties, This effect remains active for as long as that avatar remains summoned.

Blue Mage "Immortal Rune"= Transforms the user into a Soul Flayer. Grants 10mp refresh, 10 magic accuracy, 10 accuracy and access to all blue magic spells.
Duration 2 minutes. When the effect is over the user will be rendered unconscious.

Corsair "Trick Die"= Rolls will continuously double up and roll to the same number, that the user just rolled on Trick Die.
The Duration is 2 minutes.

Puppet Master "Flexibility"= allows the puppet to evade all attacks (physical and magical). The Duration is 1 Minute.

Dancer "Finishing Touch"= Flourishes do not require finishing move charges, if used they would be treated as if you had the maximum amount of finishing move charges that flourish would allow. The Duration is 30 seconds.
Adjustments to flourishes while under the effect of Finishing Touch include:
(Desperate Flourish and Violent Flourish) improved stun and gravity rate, reduced to 5 second recast.
(Wild Flourish) reduced to 10 second recast
(Reverse Flourish) reduced to 15 second recast
(Climactic Flourish) reduced to 5 second recast

Scholar "Tactical Plan"= All party members within the area of effect enmity level is reduced to zero, except for the member targeted with this ability.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-05-05 14:43:01
Link | Quote | Reply

What bad ideas.
[+]
 Asura.Zart
By Asura.Zart 2012-05-05 15:20:10
Link | Quote | Reply

or maybe there more realistic ideas, compared to everything else here. Not every job is meant to have hundred fists and perhaps you should provide a reason why it's a bad idea as apposed to just rejecting them.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-05-05 15:21:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I can speak for the cor one, it's useless.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-05-05 16:13:26
Link | Quote | Reply

BLU one is useless as *** on a bull. There's no situation where I would want to have access to all of my spells for 1 minute 30 seconds every 2 hours, particularly when the only other bonus is accuracy, which I wouldn't need. Turning into a soulflayer has always been a ridiculous idea.

The only ones that made any sense at all were WHM and SAM, the SAM one being better suited for a 10m JA or something.

Ragnarok.Jessikah said: »
Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Idk, this would be much better off as a normal ability that lasts for 1-3 spells and doesn't give the unnecessary boon of traits and stat enhancements. As a 2hr it really doesn't do anything for you.
Really? I think it fits the idea of a two-hour perfectly.

You just got aggroed/linked by more monsters than you can handle. Pop two-hour, now you can cast Yawn. And if that fails, Sheep Song or Soporific.

Your whole party is really weak, and one more AoE is going to wipe you out. Pop two-hour, White Wind, Diamondhide.

You've got lots of MP, but need to kill the enemy super fast. Pop two-hour, now you've got access to your whole array of damaging spells.

You just bit off more than you could chew, and are taking damage faster than your recast timers can allow it. Pop two-hour, now you've got access to your whole array of healing and buffing spells.

You forgot to set that super-important spell for this one moment and you need it right away. Pop two-hour.

And on top of that, it would also grant you stuff like Conserve MP, Triple Attack, Dual Wield III, Fast Cast, Treasure Hunter, all of those Bonuses (Atk, MDB, etc), stat resistances, Killer effects, among others. And the stat bonuses would improve your spells.

I rarely, if ever, get into these situations, and if I do I either already have the spells set to deal with them, or our pitiful Stoneskin called Diamondhide won't make any difference, particularly with its long casting time. If I feel I need a sleep, I'll have a sleep set, they aren't expensive. I always have at least one healing spell set, and the only buff spells that make any reasonable difference for damage taken are Cocoon and Magic barrier, both cheap to set if I feel I'll need them, which I rarely ever will.

As for damage spells, worthless on anything that's worth killing, and the entire point of my suggestion. We're riding floored pDIF on just about every spell we cast, they're effectively useless on any sort of NM or otherwise where the target would have enough HP or dangerous enough TP moves to warrant these "oh ***" and zerg-style situations to begin with.

As for traits, I have the ones I want on 24/7 when I want them. Adding the traits that I didn't set or need is useless.

Again, this would only be useful on a shorter timer, more restricted version of a Job Ability. Could use it to toss out an enfeeble or something if desired. Outside of that, the concept in itself doesn't have much use and is overall for nothing but vanity, which is something that BLU isn't in a state to be requesting.
 Fenrir.Eneas
Server: Fenrir
user: Eneas
By Fenrir.Eneas 2012-05-05 16:19:11
Link | Quote | Reply

im still dreaming of drk to be able to summon a pet imp just like dragoon does with wyvern.
lol.
 Fenrir.Flamm
user: Flamm
By Fenrir.Flamm 2012-05-05 17:44:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Zart said:
Beast Master "Primal Instinct"= reduces the amount of damage the user's pet takes by 50% , the duration is 2 minutes.

2 hours for this? What?
 Fenrir.Caladbolg
By Fenrir.Caladbolg 2012-05-05 18:45:38
Link | Quote | Reply

RNG - Bullseye - Target takes 50% more damage from piercing attacks for 30 seconds.

COR - Sleight of Hand - Reset recast time of Quick Draw and reduces charge time to 10 seconds for 1 min.

SAM - Mirror of Equity - Party members within range gain 300 TP.

NIN - Shurikenjutsu - Grants a 100% Recycle effect for 1min (stacks with Barrage and Sange) and grants a Store TP (+10TP per hit) effect on attacks made with Shurikens.

THF - Pillage - Reset Steal and Mug Recast time, reduce recast time for each to 10 seconds (for 1min) and grants a bonus in Steal and Mug accuracy (Steal +50%, Mug + 100% gil). (you can't steal from the same mob twice)

RDM - En Garde - Grants a bonus to Evasion, Parrying, Acc, Attack, M.Acc, M.Atk (+30 each) and grants a Regain effect for 90 seconds. (2 per tick)

WAR - Carnage - Party members within area of effect (not including self) gain an attack boost equal to 50% of the Warrior's current attack (At the time of activation) for 30 seconds.

DRK - Malevolence - Attacks grant random un-resistable enfeebling effects for 1 minute. (Effects last for 1min) Enfeeb effects randomly chosen from: 50 per tick poison, bio, very potent blind, slow, para, gravity, bind, attack -30, def -30, evasion -30, acc -30, stat -10, TP -25, and these effects all stack for the duration. Meaning, if def down procs 8 times during the attacks, it would have a total of -240 for the remainder of the effect. Obviously a kraken club or other fast hitting multi attack weapon would break this ability, stacking insane amounts of enfeebling effects for about 2min.

PLD - Salvation - Damage taken grants random Enhancing magic effects. Effects last for 1min. (see DRK, basically the opposite of that)

BST - Gaia's Blessing - Grants a Protect, Shell, Haste, Regen, and Regain effect on pet and Enhances Killer effects for 5min.

WHM - Seraph - Grants a Magic Accuracy Bonus party members within range (including Self). Grants Access to "Life" for a short time. (a new "Raise IV" animation, no experience lost, no weakened effect) (also grants a Halo animation for duration of effect)

BLM - Hellion - Grants a Magic Attack Bonus to party members within range (including self). Grants access to "Death" for a short time. (same as Odin's Zantetsuken. One hit kill or deals massive damage if fails) (also, devil horns animation for duration of effect)

SCH - Enlightenment - Grants all weather effects and a boost to all stats for party members within range. Grants access to Arise and Meteor for a short time. Stat boost is +50. Grants all weather bonuses with no negative effects.

SMN - Conjuration - Resets "Blood Pact: Rage" and "Blood Pact: Ward" recast time. Reduces recast time of each to 10 seconds for 1min. (Does not grant access to Alex, Odin, or 2hr Blood Pacts)

PUP - No Strings Attached - The automaton acts on it's own to unleash a flurry of spells, abilities, and attacks.

DRG - Highwind - Resets Jump recast timers, sets all Jump recast delay to 10 seconds for 1 minute. Wyvern gains the effect of Hundred Fists.

MNK - Inner Peace - Grants immunity from negative effects for 5 minutes. (all enfeebling effects, stat down, stun, absorb spells, death, doom, petrify, etc)

DNC - Tango - You gain a potent Haste Samba effect and target party member gains a potent Drain Samba effect. Each attack by you and target party member bestow a random step effect on target and have a chance to grant finishing moves. (Can only be used in party or 2 or more)

BRD - Symphony - There is no limit to the number of song effects you can have for 1 minute. (All song effects wear off after 3minutes. The more song casting time reduction gear you wear, the more song effects you can cram into 1 minute of casting)

BLU - Nature's Lore - Grants access to the spells Hyper Mighty Guard (AOE: Protect, Shell, and Haste effect that counts as job abilities and stack with spells), Obliteration (Massive AOE darkness damage), and Judgement Day (Massive AOE light damage).
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-05-05 18:48:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Yay, a melee RDM 2hr.
 Fairy.Ghaleon
Server: Fairy
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2012-05-05 19:05:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Sehachan said: »
What bad ideas.
 Bismarck.Kyokaku
user: subakyo
By Bismarck.Kyokaku 2012-05-05 19:34:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Here's my go.

Warrior: Blatant Discontent - All weapon damage is no longer consider piercing blunt or slashing.(Similar to how twilight scythe works) Melee damage will now ignore defense and level correction. Duration: 3 minutes.

Monk: Temple Stance - All attacks will be countered. If the monk stands in front of a party member, they may counter attacks against them. Duration: 1 minute

White Mage: Grace of Altana - Removes weakness from all members within area of effect. Duration: Instant

Red Mage: Profound Reasoning - Allows the Red Mage six charges to cast any of the following spells:
Brave - Doubles target maximum MP
Faith - Doubles target maximum HP
Valor - Increases base attack by x1.5
Courage - Increases base defense by x1.5
Integrity - Increases MAB by 25
All Dispel - Fully dispels every buff from a mob
All Demise - Fully enfeeble a mob with anything it isn't resistant too.

*Enhancing spells are subject to enhancing magic skill. (If skill is uncapped, lesser values will be achieved)
**Enfeebling spells are subject to enfeebling magic skill
(Lower the skill = more chance to resist)

Paladin: Holy War - All emnity is reset on the target mob. The target mob cannot attack any other target then the paladin. Duration: 1 minute 30 seconds. (All AoE Spells and AoE WS's will still affect melee or mages in area of effect.)

Blue Mage: Two Abilities with shared timers.

Azure Sky - User has all physical spells unlocked. All physical spells are under (Chain Affinity) Modifications. Blue mage gains +15 to all stats, accuracy +40 Attack +40 and all physical spells are able to skillchain. No magical blue magic may be casted during this period. Costume: Gnole Duration: 3 Minutes

Azure Sea - User has all magical spells unlocked. All magic spells are under (Burst Affinity) Modifications. Blue Mage gains +15 to all stats, magic accuracy +40, Mab +40, and all magical spells are able to magic burst. No physical spells may be casted during this period. Costume: Soulflayer Duration: 3 minutes

Ranger: Heavenward Shot - User shoots a single arrow/bullet into the sky. The arrow will come down randomly, and deal massive damage to the enemy. The duration varies with the HP of the ranger (percentage). The longer it is in the air, the more damage dealt upon return. When the arrow lands, the ranger gains 300% TP instantly.

**Eagle Eye Shot reduced from 2 hours to 15 minutes.

Beastmaster: Pack Mentality - Allows user to summon or charm a second pet. Pets always attack the same target.

Puppetmaster: Perfect Craft - Puppet is unable to take damage from magic or physical means, and cannot be enfeebled. Duration: 1 minute.

Thief: Swindling - Treasure Hunter effect will increase guaranteed on Sneak attack and Trick attack during the effect duration: Duration: 5 minutes

Bard: Choral Volume - All songs are alliance wide. Duration: 3 minutes

Dark Knight: Hell Pact - For the duration of this effect, the Dark Knight cannot be killed. The Dark Knight is entirely resistant to all debuffs and enfeebles. The Dark Knight cannot be cured, enhanced, or buffed by any other player. However self buffs, such as meditate, berserk, etc. may be used. Buffs that were on before the use of this ability remain until they naturally wear off.. The Dark Knight recieves a massive attack, accuracy, MAB boost and regain (5/tick). At the end of this effect, the Dark Knight dies, regardless of HP. Duration: 2 minutes 30 seconds

Corsair: Ace in the Hole - Roll effect duration is doubled while this is in effect. The user will always hit 11 on double up, regardless of the number before the double up. Duration: 3 minutes

Dancer: Sylow's Ideas - The game does whatever it takes to make sylow content about dancer.

These jobs i have no idea:

Samurai:

Dragoon:

Summoner:

Scholar:

Ninja:

Black Mage:
By Pastelcorazon 2012-05-05 19:51:27
Link | Quote | Reply

War-Omnislash
Blm-Ultima
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-05-05 22:38:39
Link | Quote | Reply

By KothoftheHammer 2012-05-05 22:39:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Kyokaku said: »
Ninja: Procs white
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [79 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Zart
By Asura.Zart 2012-07-23 14:27:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Yamoto said:

My own thoughts on SCH 2-hour:

Well this is coming from someone that does not play scholar but, I hate to pull out the word "balance," but it seems like you want an ever lasting effect for scholars and, in all due respect. Scholars did get a number of "stops," they have got:
Embrava, and
Kaustra.

Now these were obviously made to balance out Tabula Rasa and they are basically used for "Kill this fast" situations. That being said I can see what your saying, and honestly it's kinda hard for Scholars to take a set out into cure potency or excessive magic accuracy without totally setting on either white mage or black mage at this point.

There is a number of things we could suggest for scholar it's just honestly it probably shouldn't be as good as Embrava because Embrava is already the best thing in the game, seriously.

I'd like to think an unlimited stratagem for a scholar 2 hour would be good, but I really wouldn't know how it would be used. I would think we would want to encourage tactics rather then mindless "kill this as fast" as you can abilities. Which in my thoughts translates to, lowering players enmity.

Enmity is a very broken thing in this game, but i cant help but think if we had more scholars, thieves and bards trying to fix enmity during certain situations that things would flow better.

what are your thoughts.?
 Asura.Zart
By Asura.Zart 2012-07-23 14:35:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I adjusted Thief, Warrior, Dragoon, Corsair and Ninja.
I'm planning on making adjustments to Scholar and Dark Knight. I am just not entirely sure on how at the moment.
At the moment my thoughts are. Scholar should get a Unlimited stratagem type 2hour ability.
looking at Dark Knights logically I can only really see them obtaining a hate shedding ability. I don't know why so many people look at this disgusted just because it's not "cool" enough. Anyways discuss!

Warrior "Mighty Guard"=Grants the user -25% Phyisical and Magical damage taken, Increases the users Attack and Defense by 25% The duration is 1 minute.

Thief "Lurker's Pilfery"= Grants the user a substianal steal and treasure hunter bonus, for 1 minute. (Doubles all treasure hunter procs and accuracy to steal.)

Monk "Chain Arts"= The user's monk job abilities have a recast of 0:01, The duration is 30 seconds.

White mage "Divination"= Removes Weakness effect from all party members within range of the effect.

Red Mage "Essence Rune"=the user gains 10 Accuracy, gains an Enspell bonus and the user's party gains a refresh effect of 8 mp every 3 seconds. The duration of the effect is 1 minute 30 seconds.

Black mage "Evocation"= Increases Magic Burst bonus, Magic Attack Bonus, reduces the user's enmity by 10 and sets all the recasts of spells to 0:00.
The Duration is 1 minute.

Paladin "Temperance"= Doubles the user's Hit points and targeted member gains the effect of cover.
The duration is 2 minutes

Dark Knight "Dark Intent"= Lowers most of the user's enmity, then reduces enmity generation for 1 minute based on HP.
if the users HP greater then 76% = no reduction in enmity
if the users HP is greater then 51% but, less then or equal to 75% = reduces 25% enmity produced.
if the users HP is greater then 26% but, less then or equal to 50% = reduces 35% enmity produced.
if the users HP is less then 25% = reduces 50% enmity produced.

Bard "Fortissimo"= All players in the user's alliance gain the effect of bard songs, sung by the user (even if they are not in the party)
The Duration is 30 seconds.

Ranger "Sneak Shot"= Cripples target defense, evasion and adds a high potency gravity effects. Reduces your Enmity based on total range from that target.
Duration of effect is 2 minutes.

Samurai "Fury Brand"= Grants the user two new weaponskills to his/her list: "Archery"=>Oisoya "Great Katana"=>Amatsu: Tsukikage
for the next 30 seconds. If the user skillchains them together it causes a skillchain "Cosmic Elucidation"
which lowers all resistance and evasion of the monster. In addition it can be magic bursted with any element.

Ninja "Frog Hermet"= Causes a giant frog to be summoned to help aid you in battle.
The AI programmed to not use TP moves unless, the master has greater then 100% Technique points. The Frog also has a substianial regain effect (6TP/3seconds).

Uses Great Katana TP moves, this includes:
Tachi:Enpi
Tachi:Hobaku
Tachi:Goten
Tacchi:Kagero
Tachi:Jinpu
Tachi:Ageha

Also uses Frog based Abilities, this includes:
Water Bomb - 10' AoE water damage
Frog Cheer - AoE Magic Attack Boost and Elemental Seal effect.
Magic Hammer - Single-target light based magic damage and MP drain effect equal to damge dealt.

Dragoon "Dragon Heart"= the user's Wvyern grows and becomes a larger Wyvern

Uses new Wvyern TP moves, this includes:
Dispelling Wind: AoE Dispel.
Dread Shriek: Very potent AoE Paralysis.
Blizzard Breath: Ice-based Breath Attack
Thunder Breath: Lightning-based Breath Attack
Chaos Breath: Dark-based Breath Attack
The Wvyern loses all previous TP abilities it had.

Keeping the larger wyvern for more then 15 minutes will inflict a damage over time on the player and the wyvern(varies from 1 damage/3seconds to 10 damage/3seconds, depending on duration). If the user keeps his wyvern for more then 30 minutes the Wyvern can grow into a larger
Wyrm.

Uses new Wyrm TP moves, this includes:
Spike Flail: Extreme damage AOE attack used only when the wyrm attempts to use a weaponskill when it is attacking with its tail.
Horrid Roar: Single-target dispel attack that removes buffs.
The Wyrm loses access to Dread Shriek and Dispelling Wind, but it still have access to all the other TP moves.

After the user has the Wyrm that player will not recieve damage over time effect however; keeping the wyrm for more then 30 minutes will render the user unconcious. (Players won't be able to evolve their wyverns into wyrms in certain areas that have clipping issues, if this is the case possibly have the game programmed to where the dot effect doesn't take place.)

Summoner "Astral Flux"= Causes the user to gain a weakness effect. The user may choose to summon Bahamut with this effect or to summon one of the 9 celestial avatars.
If the user summons Bahamut he uses either Mega Flare or Giga Flare deal substiancial damage, and then leaves .
If the user summons a Celestial Avatar, they will be treated as if they have max favor bonus without any avatar penalties, This effect remains active for as long as that avatar remains summoned.

Blue Mage "Immortal Rune"= Transforms the user into a Soul Flayer. Grants 10mp refresh, 10 magic accuracy, 10 accuracy and access to all blue magic spells.
Duration 2 minutes. When the effect is over the user will be rendered unconscious.

Corsair "Sleight of Hand "- Using Quickdraw does not require charges(Unlimited).
Additional adjustments to "Corsair's Abilities" while under the effect of Sleight of Hand include:
(Double Up) Recast lowered to 3 seconds.
(Phantom Roll) Recast lowered to 30 seconds.

Puppet master "Flexibility"= allows the puppet to evade all attacks (physical and magical). The Duration is 1 Minute.

Dancer "Finishing Touch"= Flourishes does not require finishing move charges, if used they would be treated as if you had the maximum amount of finishing move charges that flourish would allow. (Unlimited) The Duration is 30 seconds.
Adjustments to flourishes while under the effect of Finishing Touch include:
(Desperate Flourish and Violent Flourish) improved stun and gravity rate, reduced to 5 second recast.
(Wild Flourish) reduced to 10 second recast
(Reverse Flourish) reduced to 15 second recast
(Climactic Flourish) reduced to 5 second recast

Scholar "Tactical Plan"= All party members within the area of effect enmity level is reduced to zero, except for the member targeted with this ability.
[+]
 Shiva.Thannatos
Server: Shiva
user: Thannatos
By Shiva.Thannatos 2012-07-23 14:43:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll just say this: Samurai...

should get Bankai.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Galith
Server: Lakshmi
user: Galadriel
By Lakshmi.Galith 2012-07-23 14:57:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Scholar "Developer" Assigns a developer to actually implement ways to add uniqueness and variation to the Scholar Job. This would be a shared 2hr with Red Mage.
 Asura.Zart
By Asura.Zart 2012-07-23 17:34:53
Link | Quote | Reply

why even post anything, if your just going to say your ideas suck.

I also remember reading somewhere they were planning on giving monk perfect counter for their 2 hour ability, but i cant find it. Does anyone know where it went?
 Bismarck.Evilsuperman
By Bismarck.Evilsuperman 2012-07-23 17:39:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Thannatos said: »
I'll just say this: Samurai...

should get Bankai.

^ This all day
 Bismarck.Misao