Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: zaphir
By Asura.Zaphir 2012-05-02 13:28:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Yojimmbo said: »
Ragnarok.Takagi said: »
Damage caused is double to Wyverns HP. Can only be used while Spiritsurge is in effect.
wait a second ...
Well assuming you are killing mobs, your wyvern s parameters are enhanced. This includes your wyverns HP. So I guess at 99, its HP should be around what 1500ish? So wass thinking double you wyverns HP. Also thought that if the attack was unblockable and caused terror for 10 seconds SE would gimp it somehow. So I pre-gimped it lol

Takagi's point was based on the fact that Spirit Surge involves killing/despawning/absorbing your wyvern. If damage dealt is double your wyvern's HP, the damage would be 0 because your dead wyvern doesn't have any HP.
By volkom 2012-05-02 13:38:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Zaphir said: »
Ragnarok.Takagi said: »
Damage caused is double to Wyverns HP. Can only be used while Spiritsurge is in effect.
wait a second ...
Well assuming you are killing mobs, your wyvern s parameters are enhanced. This includes your wyverns HP. So I guess at 99, its HP should be around what 1500ish? So wass thinking double you wyverns HP. Also thought that if the attack was unblockable and caused terror for 10 seconds SE would gimp it somehow. So I pre-gimped it lol

Takagi's point was based on the fact that Spirit Surge involves killing/despawning/absorbing your wyvern. If damage dealt is double your wyvern's HP, the damage would be 0 because your dead wyvern doesn't have any HP.
your wyvern should feed you tp~
 Siren.Fupafighters
Server: Siren
By Siren.Fupafighters 2012-05-02 14:32:12
Link | Quote | Reply

What makes me sad is people suggest magic invincibility for pld, when aegis plds are basically already like that. Basically how about giving the jobs with an offensive 2 hour, a defensive 2 hour and vice versa.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-05-02 14:33:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Paladin: Shield Rage - Beats the enemy on the head with the shield for 1 minute.
[+]
 Siren.Fupafighters
By Siren.Fupafighters 2012-05-02 14:34:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Sehachan said: »
Paladin: Shield Rage - Beats the enemy on the head with the shield for 1 minute.
Users with aegis do more damage!
 Quetzalcoatl.Absolutezero
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Absolutezero 2012-05-02 14:36:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Rdm- Runic: All magical damage directed at any party member will be absorbed by the rdm's weapon. Duration of 60 seconds and during the time the rdm will have 50% mdt bonus able to break mdt cap. and for "balance" weapon must be out but you wouldn't be able to autoattack at all.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2012-05-02 14:41:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Dancer - Grants regain effect for 1-3 minutes?. The TP recovery rate would be pretty much like if you were brewing.

=/ I'm 99DNC with maxed DNC merits, 2.5 peices of +2 emp gear, I leveled this job the old way, only the last 20 levels were done in Abyssea, etc etc and through all this time on my DNC I've used my 2HR maybe 2-3 times.. Well I've used it more but those 2 or 3 times are the times where it was actually needed and it was used as it was intended to be.

Dancer's current 2 hour has literally got to be the one 2 hour I use the least. Even my BST and RDM have places for their 2HR's where it's almost a requirement to use them...
By volkom 2012-05-02 14:46:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Fupafighters said: »
What makes me sad is people suggest magic invincibility for pld, when aegis plds are basically already like that. Basically how about giving the jobs with an offensive 2 hour, a defensive 2 hour and vice versa.

i'm pretty sure no one read my list of ideas ;_;
 Ragnarok.Ashman
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-05-02 15:04:49
Link | Quote | Reply

volkom said: »
i'm pretty sure no one read my list of ideas ;_;

I did but it's hard to process what you type with half of your avatars.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2012-05-02 16:05:51
Link | Quote | Reply

What makes me sad is people suggest magic invincibility for pld, when aegis plds are basically already like that.

So wait, you're complaining because SE would make a 2hr ability that makes a relic obsolete?

Say hi to NIN mythic and SE changing NIN mijin gakure.

Oh, and to the anyone who in advance says to any suggestion made anywhere "that would suck". Get ready to say it when the real one comes out.

I was, and as much as they destroy what it used to be able to do, still am at heart a RDM. I cried a little with every new toy they gave us. Tier 2 enfeebles merited instead of just high level spells. Level II Enspells that only work on first hit. Composure designed to help our melee prowess. Temper. Gravity II. Shall I continue?
[+]
 Asura.Calatilla
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2012-05-02 16:23:10
Link | Quote | Reply

BLU: Turns you into a soulflayer and gives you access to your entire spell list for 60 seconds.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-05-02 16:27:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Turns you into a soulflayer and covers you in annoying ice spikes fml!
[+]
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
user: Fyyvoaa
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2012-05-02 16:27:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Slipispsycho said: »
Dancer - Grants regain effect for 1-3 minutes?. The TP recovery rate would be pretty much like if you were brewing.

=/ I'm 99DNC with maxed DNC merits, 2.5 peices of +2 emp gear, I leveled this job the old way, only the last 20 levels were done in Abyssea, etc etc and through all this time on my DNC I've used my 2HR maybe 2-3 times.. Well I've used it more but those 2 or 3 times are the times where it was actually needed and it was used as it was intended to be.

Dancer's current 2 hour has literally got to be the one 2 hour I use the least. Even my BST and RDM have places for their 2HR's where it's almost a requirement to use them...

I've used my DNC 2hr seriously like ... once? and that was during the LB fight lol.

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Galbir
Server: Shiva
user: galbir
By Shiva.Galbir 2012-05-02 16:42:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Theorycraft always puts hopes above reality. I try to keep my hopes low when it comes to s/e so they have an easier time hitting the bar.
[+]
By Yamoto 2012-05-02 19:03:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Mikumaru said: »
Yamoto said: »
Phoenix.Mikumaru said: »
SCH - Strategem Rasa : Allows all Strategems on all spells and makes full spell book available as if under Light and Dark arts (Think Enlightenment) , Boosts Magic skills to A+ for 30 seconds .

I don't see the point in this. Just using Tabula Rasa + Enlightenment would do the same. The only time the A+ skill would be useful would be for Embrava, otherwise the skill increase is pretty useless. Plus the fact that Tabula Rasa lasts for 180 seconds and gives you access to Embrava/Kaustra, you wouldn't see anyone using this over it.

Skill affects more than embrava . Helix Spells dont Manifest . Kaustra is great but unless the mob is weak against Dark magic + MP cost you'd be better using a helix . Haste doesnt ascend , Blizzard 5 doesnt Manifest , Paralyze doesnt Ascend . i am sure you can see where i am goin with this . Enlightenment only lasts for one spell cast , not 30 seconds . Besides Embrava/Regen5/Adlo on Tabula is already awesome , where else can you go with SCH ?

You are only gaining 20 more skill points by moving from B+ to A+. Let's look at what this gives us:
Dark Magic - Further reduces resist rate for Dark Magic spells
Divine Magic - lol...
Elemental Magic - Further reduces resist rate for Elemental Magic spells
Enfeebling Magic - Further reduces resist rate for Enfeebling Magic spells
Enhancing Magic - 4 more resistance for Bar- spells, .69 more damage absorbed by Phalanx, 1 more damage added to En- spells, +2 Regen/+.2 Regain/+1.3% Haste for Embrava, assuming you're not already capped.
Healing Magic - 20 more HP healed by Cure spells, 30 with capped Cure Potency

So you're only really benefiting from the Enhancing Magic boost.

I can honestly say I don't know of many/any situations where casting an AOE helix or Nuke would be beneficial to the party/situation. If that's what is needed, you'll be bringing a BLM to -ja/-ga3 instead. As for Paralyze/Slow/Silence (these are really the only enfeebles I could see being AOE'd) it would be extremely situational. I can't think of any situations that would be overly useful, off hand. Haste should have always been Accessionable, but that was done for a reason (I have to keep telling myself that).

On the Enlightenment-esque idea, the whole point of Enlightenment, in my view at least, is to be able to cast an emergency spell when you absolutely need it. If you're in a nuking situation and need a quick Reraise or something of that nature. I personally have never used Enlightenment once, never had the need to. I can just as easily switch arts and come back to whatever it is I'm doing.

All it sounds like you're giving SCH is a much shorter Tabula Rasa with a few gimmicks that would be fun to play around with but not make THAT much use of.

My own thoughts on SCH 2-hour:
By AngeljCarbajal 2012-05-02 19:13:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Monk 2hr: Perfect Stance: All normal attacks critically countered + 100% guard when hit with ws's.
[+]
 Siren.Fupafighters
By Siren.Fupafighters 2012-05-02 19:26:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
What makes me sad is people suggest magic invincibility for pld, when aegis plds are basically already like that.

So wait, you're complaining because SE would make a 2hr ability that makes a relic obsolete?

Oh, and to the anyone who in advance says to any suggestion made anywhere "that would suck". Get ready to say it when the real one comes out.

I was, and as much as they destroy what it used to be able to do, still am at heart a RDM. I cried a little with every new toy they gave us. Tier 2 enfeebles merited instead of just high level spells. Level II Enspells that only work on first hit. Composure designed to help our melee prowess. Temper. Gravity II. Shall I continue?
Want some cheese with that whine?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-05-02 19:27:55
Link | Quote | Reply

30 seconds of magic invulnerability every 2 hours is totally comparable to an Aegis.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Washburn
Server: Sylph
user: Washburn
By Sylph.Washburn 2012-05-02 20:01:51
Link | Quote | Reply

RNG 1:00 - 1:30 of "100% rapid shot activation" with "95% Ranged Accuracy" and "100% recycle"

RNG could then gear for all out RNG ATTK and pull off some nasty weapon skills without having to worry about missing or running out of ammo mid-2hr. Also would allow the use of specialty ammo, if they were to come out with more updated versions.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
Server: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2012-05-02 20:36:51
Link | Quote | Reply

[WHM] Reviviscence - Removes "Weakened" status for party members within the area of effect.

[PLD] M-Barrier - Become impervious to magical damage for 45 seconds. During this time, all hostile spells cast at nearby allies will be drawn to you.

[BLU] Immortal Submission - Activates all known Blue Magic for regular use for 45 seconds. Provides job traits and status enhancements from all spells during this time.

(I think all three of these are realistic, fair, and fitting for their respective jobs.

And yes, I realize I already brought the BLU one forward, but I just thought of a name for it.)
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2012-05-02 20:40:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Its called accuracy. Look at the devolution of the job since 2009. Look at tier 1 enfeebles- all available via using RDM as a subjob- with level 75 cap, which leads to the question why tier II enfeebles are merited spells? And why does a good function job ability like Composure that increases buff duration give melee prowess? Explain to me why a backline support job should have a spell that grants "occasionally attacks twice" be self target only? Explain why a spell that completely resists on any mob worth enfeebling needs another tier?

It's not whining. Its logic. Or lack of logic on SE's part to understand the player community's usage of the job. Expect more of the same with a few of these new 2hrs.
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
user: MiavPigen
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2012-05-03 00:30:31
Link | Quote | Reply

all jobs: "for the love of good" = makes all characters in pt fully capped on skills and the players know basic strats and job usage
 Siren.Fupafighters
By Siren.Fupafighters 2012-05-03 01:00:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Its called accuracy. Look at the devolution of the job since 2009. Look at tier 1 enfeebles- all available via using RDM as a subjob- with level 75 cap, which leads to the question why tier II enfeebles are merited spells? And why does a good function job ability like Composure that increases buff duration give melee prowess? Explain to me why a backline support job should have a spell that grants "occasionally attacks twice" be self target only? Explain why a spell that completely resists on any mob worth enfeebling needs another tier?

It's not whining. Its logic. Or lack of logic on SE's part to understand the player community's usage of the job. Expect more of the same with a few of these new 2hrs.
What I'm hearing is, rdm should be brd whm and blm put together. Rdm is Rdm. I know some pretty good damn rdms that manage their MP 3x better than whms and offer more. And who ever said it was a support job? Rdm is a powerful job on it's own. It's for the people that want intense soloing. If you want more, go play a job that offers those options you seek.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-05-03 01:18:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Jessikah said: »
[BLU] Immortal Submission - Activates all known Blue Magic for regular use for 45 seconds. Provides job traits and status enhancements from all spells during this time.

Idk, this would be much better off as a normal ability that lasts for 1-3 spells and doesn't give the unnecessary boon of traits and stat enhancements. As a 2hr it really doesn't do anything for you.
 Asura.Vrytreya
user: VZX
By Asura.Vrytreya 2012-05-03 01:18:57
Link | Quote | Reply

RNG - 10 minutes of enhanced dead aim (+20 crit dmg), enhanced snap shot(+15), and enhanced crit rate(+30%).

Beause I love how crit sounds.
By volkom 2012-05-03 01:21:09
Link | Quote | Reply

RNG - depletes current remaining ammo to deal massive single hit, chance of crit & damage & accuracy depends on current ammo remaining
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2012-05-03 09:19:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Ragnarok.Jessikah said: »

Idk, this would be much better off as a normal ability that lasts for 1-3 spells and doesn't give the unnecessary boon of traits and stat enhancements. As a 2hr it really doesn't do anything for you.

Yeah I would love an ability like that, would also help out a ton during VW as BLU. Someone suggest it on the forums! Probably already has been but I never read there.