New 2hr abilities what would you like to see
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Asura.Dinen
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: dinendale
By Asura.Dinen 2012-05-02 04:18:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I would like to be able to use your subjobs 2hr, ie blm/rdm could chainspell , mnk/war could mighty strikes ect....
[+]
 Valefor.Omerta
Server: Valefor
user: arouis
By Valefor.Omerta 2012-05-02 04:21:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Dinen said: »
I would like to be able to use your subjobs 2hr, ie blm/rdm could chainspell , mnk/war could mighty strikes ect....

If you could use both, that'd be the most stupid thing ever.
Blm/Rdm Manafont/Chainspell Zerg. "Do you have Blm??" "No" "Oh, sorry"
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-05-02 04:25:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Everytime this thread pops my desire stays the same:

Corsair:
Jolly Roger: Summons a pirate ship that shoots its cannons at the enemies.

Then I can die happy.
[+]
 Asura.Dominate
Server: Asura
user: Yomisha
By Asura.Dominate 2012-05-02 04:28:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Blze said: »
Rng - Forest Friend
Call a Pixie pet to aid you in a fight also when you die its last act is to drop a raise on you before it disappears.
Give bottled pixies another use!? :O
[+]
 Sylph.Citrelautame
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Citrelautame 2012-05-02 04:34:52
Link | Quote | Reply

i think they should be almost the complete opposite, each job in the game seems to have 2 or more aspects to them, i feel the new 2hrs should show this ( i also feel af3 trials should have had multiple paths simular to this)

example: (i dont make up names well)

sam: instead of damage/ws/tp based, make it tanking based or even RA based, 2hr grants 60seconds of 100% activation of counter with 3rd eye up or something of the sort

pld: come on this is easy... invinciable but to magic damage!
either that or something to give us the power to actually hurt things!

thf: like everyone has been saying crit hit 100% or AoE accomplice (this would be a good one for pld too)

whm: a little more challenging but maybe something that deals massive light damage?

drg: its a must have to have a full wyrven!

blm: perma ES for do to casting time i feel this would need a 2-3min duration tho

etc etc

shared timers so it needs to be something completely different than the current 2hrs...no point in melees get 2x 2hrs that both increase their damage just in different ways...also if i remember right these are to be meritted 2hrs so lv 5 (or w/e they will cap at) could possibly be alot stronger than our current 2hrs
 Lakshmi.Forsell
Server: Lakshmi
user: Forsell
By Lakshmi.Forsell 2012-05-02 04:53:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Sehachan said: »
Everytime this thread pops my desire stays the same:

Corsair:
Jolly Roger: Summons a pirate ship that shoots its cannons at the enemies.

Then I can die happy.

I would level Corsair for that.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Fairy.Ghaleon
Server: Fairy
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2012-05-02 08:55:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Galbir said: »
Fairy.Ghaleon said: »
just to make sure; you guys do realize that these new 2hrs are going to have a shared timer with our current 2hrs right?

meaning; you would have to choose one or the other, not both. so its going to have to be something where you will have to pick your 2hr strategically based on what your fighting / situation etc.

just making it clear cause some of the ideas you guys give doesn't make it seem that everyone knows that >.>; lol.
Was there an announcement that verified this?

i believe it's in the dev notes somewhere.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-05-02 09:21:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I was brewing up a post and then I saw Xeno's avatar. Now my brain is full of kitty.

Just copy whatever I posted in here last time this was a thread for me, kthx.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nemesio
user: Nemesio
By Ragnarok.Nemesio 2012-05-02 09:25:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Sub job 2hrs at a reduced effect would be sweet. For instance /war mighty strikes would be 50-60% crit, /rdm chainspell would be spell casting time -50%, /Sam would just be like a sekkanoki v2, stuff like that. Wouldn't be TO broken I think...
[+]
 Ragnarok.Takagi
user: Takagi
By Ragnarok.Takagi 2012-05-02 09:26:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Yojimmbo said: »
Damage caused is double to Wyverns HP. Can only be used while Spiritsurge is in effect.
wait a second ...
[+]
By volkom 2012-05-02 09:26:43
Link | Quote | Reply

should give mnks shunko.

and drk's summon a floating weapon which has attack speed/damage/multi-hit rate/crit dmg/rate based upon the drk's stats at the time of activation. and the weapon's attack doesn't give the mob tp.
 Sylph.Rebo
user: Rebo
By Sylph.Rebo 2012-05-02 09:29:04
Link | Quote | Reply

volkom said: »
should give mnks shunko.

and drk's summon a floating weapon which has attack speed/damage/multi-hit rate/crit dmg/rate based upon the drk's stats at the time of activation. and the weapon's attack doesn't give the mob tp.

lol
By volkom 2012-05-02 09:33:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Rebo said: »
should give mnks shunko.

lol

i mean common. drk's main nemesis mob type is an arcana. and the majority of them have a floating weapon. Can't possibly expect us to block one of those bulbs of rotting flesh that can have like 3+ weapons floating around them. I wanna fight them on even terms >:[
 Ragnarok.Ashman
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-05-02 09:36:10
Link | Quote | Reply

should give mnks shunko. and drk's summon a floating weapon which has attack speed/damage/multi-hit rate/crit dmg/rate based upon the drk's stats at the time of activation. and the weapon's attack doesn't give the mob tp.

OMG... i wanna turn into an ominous weapon D: If I can make 4 weapons float around me while I do it *drool*

IF I COULD PICK THE WEAPONS??? *double drool*
[+]
By volkom 2012-05-02 09:37:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ashman said: »
should give mnks shunko. and drk's summon a floating weapon which has attack speed/damage/multi-hit rate/crit dmg/rate based upon the drk's stats at the time of activation. and the weapon's attack doesn't give the mob tp.

OMG... i wanna turn into an ominous weapon D: If I can make 4 weapons float around me while I do it *drool*

IF I COULD PICK THE WEAPONS??? *double drool*
I'd like to have a ragnarok, cala, apoc, and liberator floating around me pl0x
 Sylph.Kawar
user: Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2012-05-02 09:50:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Yojimmbo said: »
PLD- Knights Oath. Defense is doubled. All Enmity is drawn to PLD. Immunity to magic. Similar to Cover, only for entire party. Last 30 seconds.
i must say your idea for what the 2h should be is really great,btw has se told us how we are unlocking the new 2h or are they just giving ever class 2 2h moves.
 Phoenix.Mikumaru
user: Mikumaru
By Phoenix.Mikumaru 2012-05-02 09:57:32
Link | Quote | Reply

BLM- Manifest Destiny : All spells cast will be AoE (10-15 yalms from center) Spells that are already AoE will receive a Huge (like 3-4 x dmg) Attack bonus , doesnt affect MP costs .Makes Meteor available w/o Ele Seal . Hate generated will kill BLM .

RDM- Magical Mighty Strikes : All magic cast will be Critical Damage , Enfeebles gain a duration and effect bonus of x2-4 .

SMN - Bloody Boon : Removes BP timers , and Cost . Doubles Rage Damage , doubles Ward Duration .

WAR - Death Blow : Allows all hits to deal instant death but makes user take 10x dmg .

SAM - Japanese for Divine Warrior : Like Meikyo Shisui but allows unlimited WSing for 30 seconds with 300 TP Mod .

WHM - Heavenly Caress : Grants 100% Resistance too any and all status and enfeebling effect for Entire alliance . effect lasts 3 minutes , sacrifices all HP of user to activate .

SCH - Strategem Rasa : Allows all Strategems on all spells and makes full spell book available as if under Light and Dark arts (Think Enlightenment) , Boosts Magic skills to A+ for 30 seconds .
[+]
 Carbuncle.Rasalgethi
Server: Carbuncle
user: Hercule
By Carbuncle.Rasalgethi 2012-05-02 10:12:35
Link | Quote | Reply

DRK - Absorb-2 hrs (Absorb the 2hrs ability of the target, allow the user to drain the 2hrs ability of the target (PC target) does not reset the 2hrs of the target, allow the user to trigger the ability anytime for 1 min from the JA menu)
By volkom 2012-05-02 10:14:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Rasalgethi said: »
DRK - Absorb-2 hrs (Absorb the 2hrs ability of the target, allow the user to drain the 2hrs ability of the target (PC target) does not reset the 2hrs of the target, allow the user to trigger the ability anytime for 1 min from the JA menu)

game breaking D:

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Carbuncle.Rasalgethi
user: Hercule
By Carbuncle.Rasalgethi 2012-05-02 10:34:11
Link | Quote | Reply

NIN - Utsusemi-Nisen Rendan: Summon 3 to 15 clone (Number of clone is luck based) fighting with the NIN for 1 min. (All clone should copy exactly all the moves of the original user (incluing WS!))
 Cerberus.Deadplaything
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Deadplaything 2012-05-02 10:35:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Monk- Grapple- All swings against mnk will be countered and returned damage dealing double damage, all countered swings will have additional effect chances of slow, amnesia and stun.

War- Strife- Swings and weaponskills will ignore target defenses and give 25% bonus against monster, for 1 minute.

Rdm-(name) All spells will have double damage or double potency for 1 minute. All gear and job abilities will be factored in.

Whm- Call of the phoenix- Alliance recovery, of weakness, mp hp fill, and all status ailments added to whm.

Blm- All spells will skillchain for 1 minute. All skillchained spells will recieve damage bonuses.

Thf- Assassin's dirge- All swings deal critical damage and 4 times damage from behind. lasts 1 minute

Pld- Adds a aura of defense and magic defense to anyone in alliance within 10 yalms of the paladin, last 3 minutes.

Drk- Gives a regain bonus for 1 minute, 10 tp per 100 hp per tick
regen will counter the hp drain.

Bst- Beast whisperer, Will transfer all stats from beastmaster to its pet. Haste, stats, food etc.

BArd- Allows songs to reach alliance for 3 min duration

Ranger, Volley shot- will do massive damage using 10 arrows will do multiple hits to one target or hit multiple times to anything in range. Pulls 0 enmity.

Sam- All weaponskills will skillchain, for 1 minute.

ninja Evasion will be increased to maximum and crit hit rate increased, all spells will recieve a huge bonus utsumsi will stay on without wearing off for entire duration.

Dragoon, Calls upon a higher level Full sized wyvern Similar to the old call wyvern ability.

Summoner- allow use of blood pacts without timer or mp for one minute.
Blue mage - All buff spells will be party buffs, all spells will have no recast time, and unbridaled will not need to be used.

Corsair, all rolls will be instant 11s for 1 minute.

Puppet master, puppet goes into a flurry based off frame beingused
Whm will spam whm spells , blm will nuke nonstop, valoredge will take 0 dmg from any type, rng will spam ws/

Danccer will have a regain aura of 5 a tick while receivein 10 a tick themselves and no timers on waltzes and steps.

Scholar- All spells will be instant AOE- up to Tier 5
Will not need to use stratagems for AOe buffs for party.
Allspells will skillchain as well.

Just threw that together sorry for spelling I just woke up
 Bismarck.Ruizutatakau
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Ruizutatakau 2012-05-02 10:38:24
Link | Quote | Reply

If Tanaka saw this thread he would kill himself.
 Cerberus.Deadplaything
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Deadplaything 2012-05-02 10:39:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Good that means someone who knows what they are doing can control our barance.
 Carbuncle.Shadowreapper
user: MrReapper
By Carbuncle.Shadowreapper 2012-05-02 10:43:21
Link | Quote | Reply

RNG : Knee shot. An accurate and powerfull arrow to the knee. Additional effect : Bind.

DRG : Dragonslayer . The party get a full intimidation rate for 30 sec vs dragons.

Or, more serious one : Valhalla Stab. Toss an angon, inflict great dmg, reduce physical and magic defense. (SE did mentioned ***about drg being able to lower magical defense.. There's still hope!)

By Yamoto 2012-05-02 10:44:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Mikumaru said: »
SCH - Strategem Rasa : Allows all Strategems on all spells and makes full spell book available as if under Light and Dark arts (Think Enlightenment) , Boosts Magic skills to A+ for 30 seconds .

I don't see the point in this. Just using Tabula Rasa + Enlightenment would do the same. The only time the A+ skill would be useful would be for Embrava, otherwise the skill increase is pretty useless. Plus the fact that Tabula Rasa lasts for 180 seconds and gives you access to Embrava/Kaustra, you wouldn't see anyone using this over it.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-05-02 10:45:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Scholar: Nyzul Cheat - Instantly takes you to floor 100 in Nyzul Uncharted.
[+]