Best Star-Trek Captain?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » Best Star-Trek Captain?
Best Star-Trek Captain?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Paulus
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Paulus
By Bahamut.Paulus 2012-03-01 19:36:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I just wonder how she made it from Wolf 359 all the way to the delta quadrant. I mean unless the Borg went aboard and assimilated the injured.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2012-03-01 19:36:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Josiahkf said: »
voyager got a lot of visits from older show federation people at times lol so I'd believe it
You know I can only actually recall one.. Maybe it's just how little I know of other Star Treks...

But Riker was on there.. Barclay or however it's spelled too, but I see that more as an extension of his career, not actually being from TNG..

Oh, Jordie or however you spell that too.. Okay I can recall 3..

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2012-03-01 19:41:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Paulus said: »
I just wonder how she made it from Wolf 359 all the way to the delta quadrant. I mean unless the Borg went aboard and assimilated the injured.
Oh, she was in that?

Wolf 359 gets (at least) two 'appearances' in Voyager, one is when Chakotay and some unknown *** are lost, and then they receive a hail from a federation ship they first they think it's Voyager, and later find out it came from a planet, the main chick of the episode (who watches over him and what not) was from Wolf 359 (I could be wrong, but I really don't think I am) then there's Unimatrix Zero, in which seven starts to have 'dreams' that turn out to be a link connection mutated drones who while regenerating, live a semi-normal life..

There is also I think, mention of it when Seven, starts to basically develop MPD..

Oh forgot about Troi. And Q.. Okay so there's a few still I'm probably missing..
 Bahamut.Paulus
user: Paulus
By Bahamut.Paulus 2012-03-01 19:46:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Right the black lady in one of the scenes before the fade to black looks like Jeniffer Sisko.

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Liela
Server: Odin
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2012-03-01 19:50:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Q as well is from older star trek and appears a few times, and the councellor woman a couple times(sorry tng fans lol -_-)

That would be Deanna Troi. ^^ She's a big sweetie.

[+]
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2012-03-01 19:53:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah that's it, but not all drones can do it, if she was in Unimatrix Zero, then that would easily explain it, but there are other drones, or rather, former drones in the delta quadrant who came come Wolf 359.

The borg do have transwarp hubs though or something like that, I can't quite remember the technology used, but they can basically warp instantly from one quadrant to another.. There are 6 in the galaxy IIRC.. I'm not sure of the lay out, but there is one that goes from basically borg HQ to the alpha quadrant, don't think it's really out of the realm of possibility there'd be another that went from AQ to borg HQ.

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Bloodbathboy
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Bloodbathboy 2012-03-01 21:06:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Picard!!
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2012-03-01 21:42:19
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah there were 6 of them. I can't remember how the work either. one of them Originated ike 30,000 light years from borg space and ended up at earth, so didnt really help their HQ

Well the borg also had slipstream which was faster than transwarp if i remember right.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2012-03-01 21:44:52
Link | Quote | Reply

The transwarp hub ending of Voyager bothered me. One single cube can effective drop a massive hammer on an entire federation fleet with little effort. And in the last few minutes of Voyager, the ship gets spit out just a short way away from Earth. So why the *** doesn't the queen send a dozen or so cubes through the hub, with them being released right in Earths own solar system, and begin the immediate destruction and Assimilation of the federation
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2012-03-01 21:49:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
The transwarp hub ending of Voyager bothered me. One single cube can effective drop a massive hammer on an entire federation fleet with little effort. And in the last few minutes of Voyager, the ship gets spit out just a short way away from Earth. So why the *** doesn't the queen send a dozen or so cubes through the hub, with them being released right in Earths own solar system, and begin the immediate destruction and Assimilation of the federation

Janeway destroyed the Borg, well thats how the show makes it out to be, she kills the queen and Unicomplex. She infected them a neurolytic pathogen. It was that episode where there's two Janeways.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By DuzellLevi 2012-03-01 21:52:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Baconwrap said: »

Janeway destroyed the Borg, well thats how the show makes it out to be, she kills the queen and Unicomplex. She infected them a neurolytic pathogen. It was that episode where there's two Janeways.
The'll be back, its like spraying cockroaches with poison, a few will be immune and live and rebuild the hive mind, it might take hundreds of years but they will resurface.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2012-03-01 22:36:23
Link | Quote | Reply

So voyager ended up travelling like ~10,000? light years (bad memory) with a single transwarp coil they stole until it broke but finishing their whole trip in seconds using the "transwarp hub"

I may have to bust out the DVD set. My memory is kinda fuzzy. But yah voyager attempted slipstream and it killed them. So Kim and Chakotay(alternate timeline), do something so that Voyager doesn't get destroyed.

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2012-03-01 22:40:10
Link | Quote | Reply

that arctic episode with them and the doctor? hmmm
well they die because they crashed on some ice planet. i think so...prolly the same episode. it was a 2 part episode from what im reading.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Miyara
Server: Asura
By Asura.Miyara 2012-03-01 22:42:09
Link | Quote | Reply

So voyager ended up travelling like ~10,000? light years (bad memory) with a single transwarp coil they stole until it broke but finishing their whole trip in seconds using the "transwarp hub"

I may have to bust out the DVD set. My memory is kinda fuzzy. But yah voyager attempted slipstream and it killed them. So Kim and Chakotay(alternate timeline), do something so that Voyager doesn't get destroyed.

Slipstream and Transwarp were two separate things. Voyager at one point got hold of a Transwarp coil, and got 10-15 years distance out of it before it burnt out. It was a common thing in Voyager that about once every two seasons something happened to let them cover a great distance so the writers could start from scratch on villains again. The Transwarp coil, the Slipstream drive, Kes....
[+]
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2012-03-01 22:45:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Miyara said: »
Kes....
BEST EPISODE OF VOYAGER. is when Kes Dies. Such an annoying character.

On a side note. Its really funny this thread is so different than the startrek.com polls. Janeway and Picard lead most of the "captain polls" they have. Like im shocked about people liking Sisko lol

February 19 - 2012
Captain Poll #5: Which Star Trek captain was the most inspiring?
Archer - 105 (1%) Janeway - 2284 (22%) Kirk - 2216 (21%) Picard - 3882 (37%) Sisko - 1069 (10%)
February 12 - 2012
Captain Poll #4: Which Star Trek captain was the most intelligent?
Archer - 393 (3%) Janeway - 2334 (20%) Kirk - 1127 (10%) Picard - 7144 (61%) Sisko - 626 (5%)
February 05 - 2012
Captain Poll #3: Which Star Trek captain was the most decisive?
Archer - 551 (5%) Janeway - 2289 (22%) Kirk - 2649 (25%) Picard - 3873 (37%) Sisko - 1158 (11%)
January 29 - 2012
Captain Poll #2: Which Star Trek captain was the most courageous?
Archer - 125 (1%) Janeway - 3828 (32%) Kirk - 3439 (29%) Picard - 2113 (18%) Sisko - 1283 (11%)
VIP
By alyria 2012-03-01 22:47:43
Link | Quote | Reply

oooh picarddddd *daydreams*

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2012-03-01 22:58:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Miyara said: »
Kes....
BEST EPISODE OF VOYAGER. is when Kes Dies. Such an annoying character.
I wouldn't say most annoying but yeah top 2 for me lol *looking at you neelix*
Annoying Characters imo on that show.
Kes > Neelix > Henry Kim

TNG had the best cast. the only member I hated was that ugly female who replaced doctor crusher second season.

i was like WHOA. she was hot in the original Star Trek

Original Star Trek

TNG
[+]
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2012-03-01 22:58:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I know admiral janeway killed the Borg with the neuro-STD. I meant before this episode transpires. Even sending 3 full size cubes through at a time, it would take all of 10 minutes to dump 20-30 right next to earth. No possible way the defenses could withstand that assault.

My vote for best captain is Picard. He brought a certain level of sophistication to the role

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Magnuss
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2012-03-01 23:02:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Haters gonna hate.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8