First Page 2 3 4 5
 Bismarck.Sylow
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-02-21 20:43:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Siren.Kalilla said: »
I never really met any exceptional RDM's, DNC's, or SCH's.

This was the biggest problem. Exceptional RDMs, DNCs, and SCHs (SCHs? idk if I'd group them with RDM and DNC tbh) were rare, and still are. I can count on one hand the number that I knew, myself included. I miss the days of RDM/DRK tanking :c

Exceptional (Insert hybrid job class here) are rare. Exceptional players in general are rare by definition, but hybrid classes seem to bear a lot more shitty fruit than straightforward classes.
 Fenrir.Niniann
Server: Fenrir
user: Ninian
By Fenrir.Niniann 2012-02-21 20:44:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Only thing SCH was really good for that stands out in my mind was Accession Enspell for the first two floors of Salvage

Waste of cells. :x

Edit: At 75
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-02-21 20:45:09
Link | Quote | Reply

YER A WASTE OF CELLS
 Fenrir.Niniann
user: Ninian
By Fenrir.Niniann 2012-02-21 20:45:23
Link | Quote | Reply

YER A WASTE OF CELLS

NO U
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-02-21 20:45:54
Link | Quote | Reply

NUH UH
 Asura.Vrytreya
Server: Asura
user: VZX
By Asura.Vrytreya 2012-02-21 20:51:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I shall enjoy this very well SE, just like every nerfs ever
 Bismarck.Vodou
user: Rexx
By Bismarck.Vodou 2012-02-21 20:58:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Ignoring averages, you have a 7.69449752767133% chance of landing all 50 hits with a 95% hit rate. Again, ignoring averages. Not so much a concern of gaining the full benefit of Impetus as much as the benefit gained over the 3 minute duration.

Over that 3 minute duration, your average critical hit rate and critical hit damage boost will be 22% in perfect parameters, ~13.2% with more average parameters.

At 95% accuracy, the average will be 13.2%
At 93% accuracy, the average will be 9.5%.
At 91% accuracy, the average will be 7.5%.

The value of impetus drops dramatically as accuracy drops.

Do you consider 95% accuracy to be 'average' parameters?
[+]
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-02-21 21:00:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Vodou said: »
Ignoring averages, you have a 7.69449752767133% chance of landing all 50 hits with a 95% hit rate. Again, ignoring averages. Not so much a concern of gaining the full benefit of Impetus as much as the benefit gained over the 3 minute duration.

Over that 3 minute duration, your average critical hit rate and critical hit damage boost will be 22% in perfect parameters, ~13.2% with more average parameters.

The value of impteus drops dramatically as accuracy drops.

MNK can use Focus -and- Aggressor. It caps accuracy more easily than any other job not named Apoc DRK, DRG, or Amano SAM.
 Bismarck.Vodou
By Bismarck.Vodou 2012-02-21 21:03:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Sylow said: »

The value of impteus drops dramatically as accuracy drops.

MNK can use Focus -and- Aggressor. It caps accuracy more easily than any other job not named Apoc DRK, DRG, or Amano SAM.

WARs have aggressor. Do you think focus is better than the 2-hand accuracy bonus (the one that can't be dispelled?) Regardless, as you mentioned, there are jobs that cap it easier and there is content that mnks don't cap accuracy.
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2012-02-21 21:07:32
Link | Quote | Reply

With Temple Crown, yes, Focus will be better unless you're stacking DEX or are Mithra. If not, it will come out about the same (it comes out about the same regardless, though).
 Bismarck.Vodou
By Bismarck.Vodou 2012-02-21 21:12:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Jinjo said: »
With Temple Crown, yes, Focus will be better unless you're stacking DEX or are Mithra. If not, it will come out about the same (it comes out about the same regardless, though).

Fair enough.

Nonetheless, unless you start by assuming mnks are accuracy capped, assuming impetus gives you 13.2% is a questionable assumption. On easy content, no problem though.
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2012-02-21 21:15:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd like to take this time to also point out the obscure amount of Accuracy the Monk has in normal TP gear. 58. I believe WAR gets 35?
 Fenrir.Terminus
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2012-02-21 21:18:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Schatzie said: »
Fenrir.Terminus said: »
I do think that absolute max damage output at all times is a very narrow view of any dd job.

why bother playing a DD then? "its my 12.95" isnt a valid justification to suck.

Remember that part where I wasn't here to defend my damage output? Hey guess what? I meant that. Weird, I know right? I can both do a good job in game AND not be a total *** about it online. All I am saying is that if I know a "B" level player, or a "C" or whatever - and they're good people - I'm gonna make it work. And if I can help them out, I will. You know what, too? I bet there's something they can teach me as well.

I wasn't using "it's my 12.95" as my excuse. I'm happy. I was offering it that as a kind of way for me to say, "hey, I think you're* an ***, but we can still get along."

*not you specifically
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Neisan
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Nanashi14
By Quetzalcoatl.Neisan 2012-02-21 21:20:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd like to take this time to also point out the obscure amount of Accuracy the Monk has in normal TP gear. 58. I believe WAR gets 35?

~+55 in an acc oriented setup with Armadaberk (+47ish with Tyrant's Ring, +~41 with N Sash instead of Phasmida).
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-02-21 21:22:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Fair enough.

Nonetheless, unless you start by assuming mnks are accuracy capped, assuming impetus gives you 13.2% is a questionable assumption. On easy content, no problem though.

MNK is easily one of the most ACC safe jobs in the game. A capped hitrate would only be questionable on a couple of the T6 VWNMs, and that's not even definite.
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-02-21 21:23:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Neisan said: »

~+55 in an acc oriented setup with Armadaberk (+47ish with Tyrant's Ring, +~41 with N Sash instead of Phasmida).

Bolded the important parts!
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2012-02-21 21:23:26
Link | Quote | Reply

~+55 in an acc oriented setup with Armadaberk.

Well, that was my point. That's Monk's TP gear without being Accuracy-oriented.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-02-21 21:24:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Also want to note, if my BLU can cap hitrate using red curry buns with only Aggressor and Stalwart's on all but the couple of mobs that have above average EVA (Ig-alima and Botulus Rex come to mind for sure), then a MNK sure as ***can.

The tilde also infers approximation, wherein you won't always be at exactly 13.2% average based on circumstances present.

It is reasonable, however, that the average impetus bonus for a MNK that's worth their slot in an alliance will be just about 13.2% on most targets.
 Bismarck.Vodou
By Bismarck.Vodou 2012-02-21 21:57:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Fair enough.

MNK is easily one of the most ACC safe jobs in the game. A capped hitrate would only be questionable on a couple of the T6 VWNMs, and that's not even definite.

Good to know since I rarely ge to come mnk... :(
 Quetzalcoatl.Kyouryoko
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Kyouryoko 2012-02-22 16:28:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Where was this five page rhetoric when said ability/armor came to be in the first place from the same people posting here claiming it is overpowered when comparing to "x" "y" "z" jobs/situations/etc. I'm merely trying to understand the uproar from said people. Is it purely opportunity?
By Kikorimo 2012-02-22 16:53:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Sylow said: »
Josiahkf said: »
Siren.Kalilla said: »
My SAM is better than your MNK! NO! My MNK is better than your SAM! My WAR is better than both of you! Empy>relic!~!!!!!!!!11111111 wrong! relic>empy! Entropy all the things!!!
I'm picturing a whm in the background, hands on her hips with a huge ball of dust and commotion in front of her as the dds argue
"good grief" even lol

Well of course, I don't think they've nerfed WHM in the history of its existence.
I actually heard holy got nerfed way back in the day because other mages were complaining about whm doing decent damage with it compared to blm nukes or some such nonsense... I don't know if that's true or not though, as it was before I ever played...
By Kikorimo 2012-02-22 17:31:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Only +55? >_>

I see your +55 and raise you a +142 ;)

(Yes, I'm aware the set sucks, it's just off the top of my head and all about acc, nothing else... and there's probably some better pieces that could go in to it... and no, I do not have all of these items myself...)

and pretty basic mnk set...

+71 acc...