Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Monk » [Dev] Impetus and Tantra Cyclas +2
[Dev] Impetus and Tantra Cyclas +2
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Bismarck.Sylow
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-02-21 17:11:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Did the VS nerf even do anything? I honestly didn't notice much of a difference when I had a MNK in my party the other day.
 Shiva.Karmessurma
Server: Shiva
user: Decadence
By Shiva.Karmessurma 2012-02-21 17:18:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Terminus said: »
Hey, I'm sorry. It's every individuals 12.95 or whatever. And I may have misunderstood what he meant. I still disagree, though. I do think that absolute max damage output at all times is a very narrow view of any dd job. That being said, I'm also not here trying to defend my damage output - I do just fine, thanks.

And obviously "performing well" is necessary. "Winning" sometimes is, sometimes isn't.

It may be your 12.95, but in a party, it's our 77.70, and in an ally, our 233.10. And I'm sure failing isn't wanted.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-02-21 17:24:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Impetus is the most ridiculous JA there is, 50% critical hit rate and 50% critical hit damage bonus (a reasonable average of 20%) is stupid no matter which way you turn it. It isn't only about weaponskill damage either, it's a massive boost to white damage as well. This is another one of those scenarios where people will QQ to no end about the limiting of their severely overpowered ability, and instead of getting into semantics, I'll just state my support for the lowering of this ability's function to reasonable levels, or the implementation of a similar ability for other jobs.

Also lol @ the people trying to say that Impetus isn't the main reason that MNK is stupid strong right now.
 Bismarck.Sylow
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-02-21 17:28:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I gotta admit, Impetus is an ability I was surprised existed in the first place. When someone explained to me what it did, I thought they were trolling me
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2012-02-21 17:29:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Rearden said: »
As far as DD's and winning parses, that's the only way you should be playing.
Ok, I'll stop potentially saving my party with Fanatic's Drinks and try to place higher on the parse.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-02-21 17:40:59
Link | Quote | Reply

CDC all the things!

Wait, what?
 Shiva.Schatzie
user: itemset
By Shiva.Schatzie 2012-02-21 17:41:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Llewelyn said: »
Ok, I'll stop potentially saving my party with Fanatic's Drinks and try to place higher on the parse.

lolwut? how does this "potentially save" your party? if anything it furthers their arguments as fanatics lets you zerg to your hearts content...
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-02-21 17:42:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
CDC all the things!

Wait, what?

lawd if any job with CDC had access to Impetus :Q
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2012-02-21 17:43:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Sylow said: »
Did the VS nerf even do anything? I honestly didn't notice much of a difference when I had a MNK in my party the other day.

I haven't noticed anything dramatic

(just WoE vs here)

*edit*

did a 6k+ to amhulhuk (or however you spell it)
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-02-21 17:44:43
Link | Quote | Reply

A 5% decrease in critical hit rate on your weaponskill wouldn't show a dramatic decrease in damage done. If the Impetus nerfs do happen, it should be put back to 15% though.
 Shiva.Karmessurma
user: Decadence
By Shiva.Karmessurma 2012-02-21 17:46:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Schatzie said: »

lolwut? how does this "potentially save" your party? if anything it furthers their arguments as fanatics lets you zerg to your hearts content...

I think he meant fanatic's powder, and what I think he's saying is that just because you're on a DD job, doesn't mean that DD is your one and only priority in a fight.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Taint
Server: Cerberus
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2012-02-21 17:49:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Doesn't the OP say they have no intentions of nerfing impetus or +2 body? or am I reading it wrong.
 Odin.Zelphes
Server: Odin
user: Zelphes
By Odin.Zelphes 2012-02-21 17:50:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Taint said: »
Doesn't the OP say they have no intentions of nerfing impetus or +2 body? or am I reading it wrong.

Yeah the dev said that they are keeping things as it is for now.
 Ramuh.Kailana
Server: Ramuh
user: Kailana
By Ramuh.Kailana 2012-02-21 17:50:47
Link | Quote | Reply

If the argument is "Having a MNK is required" so "we are looking at reducing the effect of Impetus/TT+2" then yes, the ability to win a parse is relevant. As I said, it takes perfect gear and luck (as parses in a vacuum are not entirely accurate) to win/come close to winning a parse on T6 mobs on MNK. That would indicate that not only is MNK not required, but that without Impetus/TT+2 bonus you are probably never going to see yourself at the top again.

This is ignoring the fact that this is a logical conclusion to a statement, and also ignoring that if content was being achieved because of MNK (it's not) then making MNK worse wouldn't really benefit anyone, hence --> SE being SE.

As far as DD's and winning parses, that's the only way you should be playing. That's why T6 parties are formed through list invitation and not risked through shout parties.

Our server has T6 shout parties daily, that win. :P
 Phoenix.Fredjan
Server: Phoenix
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2012-02-21 17:51:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Terminus said: »
It's every individuals 12.95 or whatever.
It's freaking 2012...
The "It's my $12.95" mentality needs to go away, now.
[+]
By krish 2012-02-21 17:53:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Excellent. I will now stop getting procs on a DD job and leave all the real work and organizational to the mages while I mindlessly mash keys. Boring as f--- but takes no thought.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-02-21 17:53:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Taint said: »

Intentions exist but for now it's remaining as it is and it isn't incredibly likely that it will be changed.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2012-02-21 18:30:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Josiahkf said: »
would be funny to see, all the dds trying to get each other killed to raise their placing

OaT GS DRK/DRG@ Pil.... Muhahaha Make other people's DPS get wasted when I highjump so they get Terror/Doomed/Nuked. Seriously one of my favorite SJ on DRK atm for VW.

Been parsing #1~#3 Easy. Toughest job to compete with atm is a decked out Vere MNK and Ukon WAR. The DoT and Crit rate is just kinda unfair when coupled with ODD and delay with marches/haste. I can't keep up at times even if I tried on DRK (4~7% Gap). On Ukon WAR it's about even. Crappy Monks are no problem but I've had the pleasure of parsing with an exceptinal few.

Plus if my Bloodrage/Restraint took a hit, then Impetus needs adjusting as well. MNK is a *** beast as is. Excuse my language by the way. But nerf or no nerf MNK will always be one of the top DDs. They always have been even since SAM Fantasy XI in 2007.

So fellows nerf or no nerf I woudn't cry about it. All the hard work and effort you put into the job you love will never go down the shitter. Since release
 Bahamut.Serj
Server: Bahamut
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2012-02-21 18:36:23
Link | Quote | Reply

>People thinking mnk is a better DD than war, sam, and drk.

If Impetus gets nerfed, worthless job ahoy~
 Phoenix.Dramatica
user: Darkmagi1
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2012-02-21 18:38:41
Link | Quote | Reply

MNK is a better DD than SAM, and sometimes the most damaging of them all. More often than not, it is counterproductive to be doing any sort of WS procing as a DD.
 Fenrir.Minjo
user: Tsuko
By Fenrir.Minjo 2012-02-21 18:39:42
Link | Quote | Reply

The only reason I adore MNK during VW is because I get one-shotted the second fanatic's drops on any other job.

Taru HP 4life
[+]
 Bahamut.Serj
Server: Bahamut
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2012-02-21 18:40:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol? I can't tell if you're being serious, but that's not even close to being true in voidwatch except maybe on Uptala/Kalasutrax.
By Fupafighters 2012-02-21 18:45:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Dramatica said: »
MNK is a better DD than SAM, and sometimes the most damaging of them all. More often than not, it is counterproductive to be doing any sort of WS procing as a DD.
Don't think you have met any good sams then lol.
 Phoenix.Dramatica
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2012-02-21 18:48:11
Link | Quote | Reply

During any fight that will end within 3mins, an exceptional MNK will be destroying a SAM. Even pre-BR/Ukko nerf, our best MNK was almost always ahead of our best WARs at Qilin. MNK doing so good is obviously heavily influenced by having blood rage, and by not getting shitty luck with misses on impetus.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-02-21 18:52:33
Link | Quote | Reply

My SAM is better than your MNK! NO! My MNK is better than your SAM! My WAR is better than both of you! Empy>relic!~!!!!!!!!11111111 wrong! relic>empy! Entropy all the things!!!
[+]
 Sylph.Kimble
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Kimble 2012-02-21 18:52:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Impetus is the most ridiculous JA there is, 50% critical hit rate and 50% critical hit damage bonus (a reasonable average of 20%) is stupid no matter which way you turn it. It isn't only about weaponskill damage either, it's a massive boost to white damage as well. This is another one of those scenarios where people will QQ to no end about the limiting of their severely overpowered ability, and instead of getting into semantics, I'll just state my support for the lowering of this ability's function to reasonable levels, or the implementation of a similar ability for other jobs.

Also lol @ the people trying to say that Impetus isn't the main reason that MNK is stupid strong right now.

Lol I love how your stance is pretty much "nerf every other DD but BLU"
 Phoenix.Dramatica
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2012-02-21 18:53:52
Link | Quote | Reply

BLU and SAM, because those are the only DDs he plays.
By Chyula 2012-02-21 18:55:38
Link | Quote | Reply

just god damn nerf every damn job to hitting 1 dmg and everyone will stfu crying about other job is better than their favorite job. This is not a PVP game, people spend huge amount of time on the game to see their job grow and hit high damage. Its perfect sense that some job are excel in one area than others while others have more utility to solo or survive. I would love to see a war to solo farm decent or even ep efficiently without a healer on his/her back, there will be massive down time on resting. The only *** job should be complaining is Ranger because they are paying big gil to produce less damage than war, mnk, sam, drk, drg, and even some thf or dnc.
 Shiva.Viciousss
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2012-02-21 18:55:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Dramatica said: »
During any fight that will end within 3mins, an exceptional MNK will be destroying a SAM. Even pre-BR/Ukko nerf, our best MNK was almost always ahead of our best WARs at Qilin. MNK doing so good is obviously heavily influenced by having blood rage, and by not getting shitty luck with misses on impetus.

So basically, without a war in the pt, post BR nerf, monk is not going to be ahead of anything, which was said on the last page.