First Page 2 3 4 5
 Bismarck.Sylow
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-02-21 18:55:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kimble said: »
Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Impetus is the most ridiculous JA there is, 50% critical hit rate and 50% critical hit damage bonus (a reasonable average of 20%) is stupid no matter which way you turn it. It isn't only about weaponskill damage either, it's a massive boost to white damage as well. This is another one of those scenarios where people will QQ to no end about the limiting of their severely overpowered ability, and instead of getting into semantics, I'll just state my support for the lowering of this ability's function to reasonable levels, or the implementation of a similar ability for other jobs.

Also lol @ the people trying to say that Impetus isn't the main reason that MNK is stupid strong right now.

Lol I love how your stance is pretty much "nerf every other DD but BLU"

Lol I love how you always have such well-thought out and meaningful contributions to these forums.
 Sylph.Kimble
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Kimble 2012-02-21 18:57:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, sorry I guess I forgot to add "dancer is the best" to make as meaningful of a contribution as you do.
 Phoenix.Dramatica
Server: Phoenix
user: Darkmagi1
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2012-02-21 18:58:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Still ahead of SAM, but MNK is one of the top 4 DDs regardless, its place depends on buffs and fight length. Job really has nothing it can complain about, and people vastly underrate its damage.
[+]
 Bismarck.Moonlightespada
MSPaint Winner
By Bismarck.Moonlightespada 2012-02-21 19:02:19
Link | Quote | Reply

yea ive loved MNK for years <was my first job, tho i beat the 70 cap on COR, loved that fight lol> so yea the job has been amazing for years, and ill love it no matter what they do to it nerf or no nerf!
:D
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2012-02-21 19:02:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Monk was one of those jobs that was always very strong DD wise and as far as I can remember, they never really got any nerfs before (aside from TP return years ago)

There were a job that was so prefect at what it did that it really didnt get any nerfs or buffs for a long time. They got VS and impetus on level increase was was really nice. Id hate to seem them start nerfing the job when its one of the few jobs that has actually been fine since it was created.
[+]
 Phoenix.Dramatica
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2012-02-21 19:03:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I should add that I think an impetus nerf is *** outrageous, and you people who think it is making MNK overpowered are idiots.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-02-21 19:03:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Impetus is the most ridiculous JA there is, 50% critical hit rate and 50% critical hit damage bonus (a reasonable average of 20%) is stupid no matter which way you turn it. It isn't only about weaponskill damage either, it's a massive boost to white damage as well. This is another one of those scenarios where people will QQ to no end about the limiting of their severely overpowered ability, and instead of getting into semantics, I'll just state my support for the lowering of this ability's function to reasonable levels, or the implementation of a similar ability for other jobs.

Also lol @ the people trying to say that Impetus isn't the main reason that MNK is stupid strong right now.

Lol I love how your stance is pretty much "nerf every other DD but BLU"

Nope, but defending a grossly overpowered JA is cute.
By Fupafighters 2012-02-21 19:03:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol well idc what job is better, it should be "which job is more fun". And nerfing my poor mnk even more will just make the job less fun :/
We shouldn't be working for this gear and weapons that benefit from them and being promised reward to find out "oh hey we are going to make you weaker because your stronger than this job. OOOPPPS" That's just dumb lol.
By Fupafighters 2012-02-21 19:04:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I say they should rethink their updates before they add them lol...People are sick of being offered this ***and then finding out they're taking away our rewards :P
 Phoenix.Dramatica
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2012-02-21 19:04:48
Link | Quote | Reply

tldr;
Prothescar: Anything that isn't my DD jobs are overpowered, nerf all the things.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-02-21 19:05:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Dramatica said: »
I should add that I think an impetus nerf is *** outrageous, and you people who think it is making MNK overpowered are idiots.

Feel free to explain what makes MNK so badass outside of a 20% +/- increase to critical hit rate and critical hit damage that can essentially be up 100% of the time since most fights don't last more than three minutes.

tldr;
Prothescar: Anything that isn't my DD jobs are overpowered, nerf all the things.

tl;dr Darkmagi:

I can't back up my claims with facts so instead I'll bring up meaningless and unfounded points.
 Lakshmi.Rearden
Server: Lakshmi
user: Churchill
By Lakshmi.Rearden 2012-02-21 19:06:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think I ever said Impetus wasn't what made MNK what it is, I clearly stated that if the argument is that a MNK is required then that argument is false.

Impetus makes MNK what it is, and without it MNK would not even come close to the top of the parse list on T6 type mobs (which is what the game should be balanced for)

If the concern is that MNK hits 10k smites with ***gear in Abyssea, then we are not concerned about the same thing.
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2012-02-21 19:06:47
Link | Quote | Reply

So I guess you would support a nerf to CDC then since its a very strong WS in the hands of BLU?
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-02-21 19:06:52
Link | Quote | Reply

This is really a response to the player base.

Abyssea Era Posters said:
MNK+WHM

Post-Abyssea Posters said:
WAR/SAM

Fast-forward:

SE said:

tl;dr If your job is good, keep it a *** secret.
[+]
 Phoenix.Dramatica
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2012-02-21 19:07:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm pretty good at that, but you advocating meaningless nerfs is just getting *** pathetic. The moment impetus gets nerfed is the moment MNK becomes irrelevant for any worthwhile endgame.
[+]
 Fenrir.Leoheart
Server: Fenrir
user: Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2012-02-21 19:08:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Sylow said: »

So F'ing true
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-02-21 19:08:22
Link | Quote | Reply

So I guess you would support a nerf to CDC then since its a very strong WS in the hands of BLU?

Stop talking, you're spewing nonsense. Differences, etc., but a nerf to BLU wouldn't make me baw, it's always been an underdog. I'd be more concerned for the PLDs as it'd make them even more pitiful.

Lakshmi.Rearden said: »
I don't think I ever said Impetus wasn't what made MNK what it is, I clearly stated that if the argument is that a MNK is required then that argument is false.

Impetus makes MNK what it is, and without it MNK would not even come close to the top of the parse list on T6 type mobs (which is what the game should be balanced for)

If the concern is that MNK hits 10k smites with ***gear in Abyssea, then we are not concerned about the same thing.

Not saying MNK's overall power structure should be changed, however having it rely on a JA like Impetus is pretty stupid.
 Quetzalcoatl.Lishje
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Lishje
By Quetzalcoatl.Lishje 2012-02-21 19:09:57
Link | Quote | Reply

So what ARE the chances of hitting all 50 swings in a row without missing assuming 95% acc? I think I remember somewhere way back during lv75 about how Asuran could only ever hit 67% of the time 8/8 hits.

How is this ability overpowered when you think of the odds of hitting even 25 hits in a row at 95% acc? What about 15? 10?

Its not overpowered, its a good ability that enhances the jobs main aspect: DoT, and the Devs are complete buffoons if they think it should be nerfed in any way.
[+]
 Phoenix.Dramatica
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2012-02-21 19:09:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Leoheart said: »
Bismarck.Sylow said: »

So F'ing true
^ DRK is a *** terrible job and no one should level it.
 Lakshmi.Rearden
Server: Lakshmi
user: Churchill
By Lakshmi.Rearden 2012-02-21 19:11:14
Link | Quote | Reply

The answer then is to change H2H accuracy formula, attack formula, etc, to make them more capable without Impetus, and since SE isn't going to do that and Impetus really is a requirement to do formidable damage, Impetus should stay.
[+]
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-02-21 19:11:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Should just leave Impetus as is, halve the duration, and make it an AoE buff.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-02-21 19:12:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Rearden said: »
The answer then is to change H2H accuracy formula, attack formula, etc, to make them more capable without Impetus, and since SE isn't going to do that and Impetus really is a requirement to do formidable damage, Impetus should stay.

Most preferred alternative would be what you said, yes. Hand to hand works differently than other weapons, being bound to (nearly) the same restrictions as other weapons is annoying. Impetus is just a crutch.
 Phoenix.Dramatica
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2012-02-21 19:13:26
Link | Quote | Reply

That won't happen though, so don't *** advocate pointless nerfs.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-02-21 19:14:14
Link | Quote | Reply

That won't happen though, so don't *** advocate pointless nerfs.

Situationally pointless nerf

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Shiva.Karmessurma
Server: Shiva
user: Decadence
By Shiva.Karmessurma 2012-02-21 19:14:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Just close this thread already.
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2012-02-21 19:14:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly, how often are you getting the full affect of Impetus? Im sure on harder content you arent reaching capped accuracy anyways. Its not like you use it and BAM, you are getting the full bonus of the JA over the whole duration.
[+]
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-02-21 19:15:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Josiahkf said: »
Siren.Kalilla said: »
My SAM is better than your MNK! NO! My MNK is better than your SAM! My WAR is better than both of you! Empy>relic!~!!!!!!!!11111111 wrong! relic>empy! Entropy all the things!!!
I'm picturing a whm in the background, hands on her hips with a huge ball of dust and commotion in front of her as the dds argue
"good grief" even lol

Well of course, I don't think they've nerfed WHM in the history of its existence.
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2012-02-21 19:16:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Isnt that basically like saying, any JA that buffs a DD is a crutch? ***time to nerf Berserk, Hasso, Saber Dance at this rate.
 Phoenix.Dramatica
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2012-02-21 19:16:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Also factor in how long it is taking you to get in 50 successive hits, I thought someone mathed the average bonus to be something like 10-15% at capped accuracy?