Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-02-21 19:18:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Ignoring averages, you have a 7.69449752767133% chance of landing all 50 hits with a 95% hit rate. Again, ignoring averages. Not so much a concern of gaining the full benefit of Impetus as much as the benefit gained over the 3 minute duration.

Over that 3 minute duration, your average critical hit rate and critical hit damage boost will be 22% in perfect parameters, ~13.2% with more average parameters.
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
Server: Fenrir
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2012-02-21 19:20:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Dramatica said: »
Also factor in how long it is taking you to get in 50 successive hits, I thought someone mathed the average bonus to be something like 10-15% at capped accuracy?

15% sounds about right for an average.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-02-21 19:25:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Funny part is, if they just lower the cap of the bonus, it would barely be hurting you. Relatively it would be more effective just for increasing the odds of reaching maximum effectiveness, but that's subjective. So yeah I suppose it is a pointless nerf, for more than one reason.
 Phoenix.Dramatica
Server: Phoenix
user: Darkmagi1
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2012-02-21 19:26:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I would imagine that they would lower the bonus per hit if they were to nerf it.
 Bismarck.Sylow
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-02-21 19:28:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Dramatica said: »
I would imagine that they would lower the bonus per hit if they were to nerf it.

As far as we can tell, non-integer critical hit rates don't exist, so they'd have to do something like "+1%/2hits landed"
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-02-21 19:30:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Josiahkf said: »
Siren.Kalilla said: »
My SAM is better than your MNK! NO! My MNK is better than your SAM! My WAR is better than both of you! Empy>relic!~!!!!!!!!11111111 wrong! relic>empy! Entropy all the things!!!
I'm picturing a whm in the background, hands on her hips with a huge ball of dust and commotion in front of her as the dds argue
"good grief" even lol
lol :)
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-02-21 19:31:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Sylow said: »
My SAM is better than your MNK! NO! My MNK is better than your SAM! My WAR is better than both of you! Empy>relic!~!!!!!!!!11111111 wrong! relic>empy! Entropy all the things!!!
I'm picturing a whm in the background, hands on her hips with a huge ball of dust and commotion in front of her as the dds argue
"good grief" even lol

Well of course, I don't think they've nerfed WHM in the history of its existence.
WHM in my opinion is the most overpowered job in the game.

Honestly
 Sylph.Kimble
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Kimble 2012-02-21 19:33:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Clearly need to nerf cureskin, Cure V and Cure VI.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-02-21 19:33:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Also they nerfed banish damage like 5 years ago :x I wanted to be a nuking whm so bad D:... lol
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-02-21 19:34:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kimble said: »
Clearly need to nerf cureskin, Cure V and Cure VI.
I say remove cure VI, it was for abyssea HP really. It's nice to alternate between Cure V but it really isn't needed plus it's two cures on top of any other job.
[+]
By Chyula 2012-02-21 19:38:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Nerf Gravity II too!

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-02-21 19:44:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Cureskin is honestly stupid, even if I love it. And 7/tick refresh or whm af3 legs, don't give us both sheesh
Yea, I was very surprised they even considered giving us cureskin. It really is nice and can save melee from getting ko'ed, but it was/is so unnecessary.
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2012-02-21 19:46:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Cureskin is honestly stupid, even if I love it. And 7/tick refresh or whm af3 legs, don't give us both sheesh
Yea, I was very surprised they even considered giving us cureskin. It really is nice and can save melee from getting ko'ed, but it was/is so unnecessary.

The game was different at 75 cap as WHM was sorely lacking as a healer. Was hardly needed for most events as RDM was able to do just fine having comparable Cure IV as well as much better refresh. When it was added, WHM needed something to be the go to healer again.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-02-21 19:48:26
Link | Quote | Reply

The game was different at 75 cap as WHM was sorely lacking as a healer. Was hardly needed for most events as RDM was able to do just fine having comparable Cure IV as well as much better refresh. When it was added, WHM needed something to be the go to healer again.
WHM was just fine at the 75 cap, I even had to haste my parties because the RDM's that supposedly replaced us forgot how to use it, and never used a refresh scroll that could be casted on others apparently.
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2012-02-21 19:55:28
Link | Quote | Reply

WHM was just fine at the 75 cap, I even had to haste my parties because the RDM's that supposedly replaced us forgot how to use it, and never used a refresh scroll that could be casted on others apparently.

Just because there were shitty RDMs, doesn't mean WHM wasnt lacking at 75 cap, as far as being a healer goes. There were good WHMs, but for a lot of events, RDM was simply able to handle the job of a WHM due to limited refresh and Cure V generally not being needed.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-02-21 20:02:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea, during the simple events like sky or w/e a RDM could easily replace a WHM without any noticeable changes in the performance of the group. I just haven't met any "good" RDMs really, everyone I've met have always hated their job and wish they never leveled it. Also most of them had a pretty rotten attitude about being there too, I guess they just aren't the mage type and were stuck doing it.
 Bahamut.Zangada
Server: Bahamut
user: zangada
By Bahamut.Zangada 2012-02-21 20:14:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea, during the simple events like sky or w/e a RDM could easily replace a WHM without any noticeable changes in the performance of the group. I just haven't met any "good" RDMs really, everyone I've met have always hated their job and wish they never leveled it. Also most of them had a pretty rotten attitude about being there too, I guess they just aren't the mage type and were stuck doing it.

Its different now but it use to be if u had rdm or brd u were always rdm or brd and that gets old fast if u have other jobs u like to play.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-02-21 20:17:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Zangada said: »

Its different now but it use to be if u had rdm or brd u were always rdm or brd and that gets old fast if u have other jobs u like to play.
Yea I know some linkshells were like that, I usually just stick with the ones where people can rotate their jobs around. No one ever wanted to be WHM so that was fine with me.
 Fenrir.Niniann
user: Ninian
By Fenrir.Niniann 2012-02-21 20:19:01
Link | Quote | Reply

What events at 75 required a WHM? I can only think of maybe ZNMs where WHM was nice... otherwise RDM was always the go-to healer. Cure IV healed sufficiently, and RDM was self-sufficient MP-wise. On top of that RDM had the ability to crowd control and solo if the situation arose. It also had Dia III. What could WHM do? :/ I'm not trying to insult you, I'm just saying the RDMs you've played with were sub par, and that does not justify the usefulness of WHM at 75.

On top of that, if we're going there, DNC was a far better healer than both RDM and WHM at 75 (for Einherjar, Dynamis, etc).
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-02-21 20:25:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Niniann said: »

What events at 75 required a WHM? I can only think of maybe ZNMs where WHM was nice... otherwise RDM was always the go-to healer. Cure IV healed sufficiently, and RDM was self-sufficient MP-wise. On top of that RDM had the ability to crowd control and solo if the situation arose. It also had Dia III. What could WHM do? :/ I'm not trying to insult you, I'm just saying the RDMs you've played with were sub par, and that does not justify the usefulness of WHM at 75.

On top of that, if we're going there, DNC was a far better healer than both RDM and WHM at 75 (for Einherjar, Dynamis, etc).
Simple events you didn't need a WHM, events like ZNM, Einherjar, Sealed Container NM's, Ixion, sandworm, high tier pops in Sea, high tier VNM and others WHM was nice to have around.
 Fenrir.Niniann
By Fenrir.Niniann 2012-02-21 20:29:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Simple events you didn't need a WHM, events like ZNM, Einherjar, Sealed Container NM's, Ixion, sandworm, high tier VNM and others WHM was nice to have around.

Never needed a WHM for Einherjar, or Sealed Container. Ixion/Sandworm I can see. High Tier VNM, if you didn't RDM duo it, yes. And terribad dragon was terribad, and would have needed WHM (assuming you survived anyway). Most things in the game didn't need one though. :/
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-02-21 20:31:42
Link | Quote | Reply

pantaloons
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-02-21 20:33:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Niniann said: »
Simple events you didn't need a WHM, events like ZNM, Einherjar, Sealed Container NM's, Ixion, sandworm, high tier VNM and others WHM was nice to have around.

Never needed a WHM for Einherjar, or Sealed Container. Ixion/Sandworm I can see. High Tier VNM, if you didn't RDM duo it, yes. And terribad dragon was terribad, and would have needed WHM (assuming you survived anyway). Most things in the game didn't need one though. :/
I was never in top linkshells either, that might explain a bit why I was WHM. I avoided HNM linkshells for many years to avoid as much of the drama as I could, yet it still seemed to spread all around the server regardless if you were involved or not at times.

By the time I started doing HNM, it was around WoTG. Even there I never really met any exceptional RDM's, DNC's, or SCH's. The jobs got done and as far as I was concerned back then that was enough.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-02-21 20:37:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I never really met any exceptional RDM's, DNC's, or SCH's.

This was the biggest problem. Exceptional RDMs, DNCs, and SCHs (SCHs? idk if I'd group them with RDM and DNC tbh) were rare, and still are. I can count on one hand the number that I knew, myself included. I miss the days of RDM/DRK tanking :c
 Fenrir.Niniann
By Fenrir.Niniann 2012-02-21 20:37:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I was never in top linkshells either, that might explain a bit why I was WHM. I avoided HNM linkshells for many years to avoid as much of the drama as I could, yet it still seemed to spread all around the server regardless if you were involved or not at times.

By the time I started doing HNM, it was around WoTG. Even there I never really met any exceptional RDM's, DNC's, or SCH's. The jobs got done and as far as I was concerned back then that was enough.

Top linkshell or not, you would have served your group better as RDM--no offense. Better players played RDM(or DNC) far above what average players did. The two jobs had more potential than WHM, and it's as simple as that. I mean, I'm sure you did fine as WHM for most things, but you would have done better as RDM(or DNC), and that's pretty much that. Sans the above stated events where Shellra V and Cure Vs were necessary/highly appreciated.
 Fenrir.Niniann
By Fenrir.Niniann 2012-02-21 20:38:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
This was the biggest problem. Exceptional RDMs, DNCs, and SCHs (SCHs? idk if I'd group them with RDM and DNC tbh) were rare, and still are. I can count on one hand the number that I knew, myself included. I miss the days of RDM/DRK tanking :c

I wouldn't count SCH there. Was pretty useless at 75 tbqh. Sure they claim they were better than BLMs... but that's just that, being compared to BLM and not RDM/WHM/DNC.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-02-21 20:39:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Only thing SCH was really good for that stands out in my mind was Accession Enspell for the first two floors of Salvage
 Valefor.Jaypea
user: Rodders89
By Valefor.Jaypea 2012-02-21 20:40:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Really SE....REALLY? You are talking about a monk nerf 5 months too late here, abyssea is all but dead and we are 9 levels above most ***there anyway now and you are worried about monk being over powered...is monk OP in VW? NO. Seriously how do you get it so wrong every time lol.

Inc nerf everything till everyones a SAM again...