First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 15 16 17
 Ragnarok.Kongming
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: koumei
By Ragnarok.Kongming 2012-02-13 20:17:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
I'm sorry but it seems that you simply do not understand the post. You'll always likely have at least one other person interested in that piece of armor, static or not. That other person winning the lot was the first of two pieces required, the first set of 900 runs.
I'm getting confused here which means I'm probably wrong. Isn't 900 days then the amount of time that we'd see any particular 5 pieces of gear twice? If it's a static that means in 900 days, 6 people have 12 sets of gear collectively, meaning the amount of time to get 1 set per person should really be half that.

I'm tired, I just concede whatever...
 Asura.Karbuncle
Server: Asura
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2012-02-13 20:17:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Viciousss said: »
Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
I don't remember taking 900 runs to finish a set of Nyzul gear. Did you even read his post?

Took me about a month to finish my denali set.

So about 30 runs. 33 if you had 4 tags on day 1, 34 if you're Captain!

Yeah about that. Nyzul was fun and easy for us. We are about to do our first runs. Ive heard the higher the number you have on your uncharted disc the higher the number your random jumps will be. I foresee no problems.

How are people "hearing" this already?

News Spreads fast lol. but, yah, Its a Rumor/guess from 1 Post started on the page before this, Completely unfounded and untested as of yet.

Hopefully there will be some pattern found. My Group made it to floor 60, Got the +2 Feet for Light Armor set... About to do another run.

here's hoping :)
By Lynxblade 2012-02-13 20:28:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Just did it

we got to floor 40 our first time, and then the denali like gloves +1 dropped (w/e there called)

then next time got to floor 20 got rheic body nq (looked like askar)

im thinking even though you can get +2 or 3 on 100 higher boss floors, maybee you can upgrade nq >_<

idk...just thinking out loud

if you can upgrade it, will prolly have to upgrade with alex lol

saw the stats on the +3 askar pants(rheic dirs w/e) and looks really good >_>

will prolly just do this once a day from now on >_<
 Fenrir.Astria
Server: Fenrir
user: Astria
By Fenrir.Astria 2012-02-13 20:31:47
Link | Quote | Reply

There are 5 sets of gear for each floor
NQ floor 20,
HQ+1 for floor 40
HQ+2 for floor 60
NQ+3 for floor 80

and finally for floor 100 you have the next HQ piece which has all the good stats.

From what we see this is how the drops are ..
the type of gear seems to be random still
 Asura.Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2012-02-13 20:41:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Astria said: »
There are 5 sets of gear for each floor
NQ floor 20,
HQ+1 for floor 40
HQ+2 for floor 60
NQ+3 for floor 80

and finally for floor 100 you have the next HQ piece which has all the good stats.

From what we see this is how the drops are ..
the type of gear seems to be random still

This pretty much. I'm hoping some time later they add trials, Like Relic/+1, Where you can upgrade them to the next stage through trials, and getting the higher ones just gives you much easier access to HQ3/Super-HQ.

Also, Friends group got 3 Pieces of Armor off the Floor 60 Boss. Askar+2body/hands, and Goliard+2 Body (dunno set names off top of head)... Says they have SS, Just take this with a grain of salt for now :)
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2012-02-13 20:42:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe distribution of the teleport numbers isn't set up to be completely random, rather leaning towards 5-8. The majority may be clustered in that range, but I'm guessing some outliers 10+.

Honestly, the best way to find out is for everyone to record and report their ??? random numbers so we can get an idea of how "random" it really is.
 Ragnarok.Harpunnik
Server: Ragnarok
user: Harpunnik
By Ragnarok.Harpunnik 2012-02-13 20:45:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone notice all the ??? items don't appraise for what they are supposed to, like ??? polearm becoming a club?

Also we got lucky on one run and landed on floor 20 and 40, so we got to fight 2 bosses for crappy gear.
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2012-02-13 21:10:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Got to 35 first run...had 2 random floors that only jumped us 3 floors.
 Odin.Sawtelle
Server: Odin
user: tooheyv
By Odin.Sawtelle 2012-02-13 21:13:57
Link | Quote | Reply

inb4 sch mules:

Figured I would post here, just did first run. War sch, drk cor, thf smn grouped by how we were dual boxing. We started w/ embrava, and got lucky on the reset, so had embrava almost the entire run. Used 1st alexander to kill a chariot as we didn't want to risk loosing time if it was brainjack and 2nd to cleave an all mobs floor. Exited on floor 63(I believe it was 10 floors we cleared) with under a minute left. we did not get lamps, which would have likely greatly slowed the run. I was playing on my laptop w/ my college's slow internet.

Notes:All characters including mules are well geared, and used programs I'm not allowed to mention.

Even without some other gimic, I fully assume a group of 6 real players w/ a sch and a cor would be able to reliably get to 80+ 1/3rd of runs (assuming 2 hour resets). Group plans to do more runs once I get home and dont almost timeout every 5 mins.
 Leviathan.Prototyp
Server: Leviathan
user: Starkzz
By Leviathan.Prototyp 2012-02-13 21:17:22
Link | Quote | Reply

said group also needs to flee hack to reliably get to fl80+? dats cool, bro
 Asura.Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2012-02-13 21:19:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Wouldn't even consider it Reliably, It still relies heavily on the Random Number Generator gods to smile on you...

Nothing says "My keyboard is in my monitor" Like Floor 1 > 3 > 6 > 9 > 13 > 15 > 18 > 21... etc...
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2012-02-13 21:30:27
Link | Quote | Reply

We got lamps 3 times and family twice..all enemies twice. So we weren't lucky at all. Still got to 35
 Fenrir.Riken
Server: Fenrir
user: Riken
By Fenrir.Riken 2012-02-13 21:37:51
Link | Quote | Reply

We ended up doing 4 runs and got lamps 3 times each run. Was rather annoying
 Asura.Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2012-02-13 21:39:58
Link | Quote | Reply

We got lamps 3 times and family twice..all enemies twice. So we weren't lucky at all. Still got to 35

We got an NM.. "Mad Miner Boboroon" or something, Twice, Ran away and threw bombs every couple seconds, Twice, That NM is a *** lol. I mean, Even with that *** block we still got to 47, But jeez.

This Even is a kick in the pants when it comes to Random Numbers XD
 Lakshmi.Cadant
Server: Lakshmi
user: cadant
By Lakshmi.Cadant 2012-02-13 21:41:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone run into the frog NM for a leader floor yet? I agro'd it while searching for it and ate an 1100 dmg waterga. Waterga 1... I even had shell 5 on

Also the chariot NM based off armored chariot was a pain too. Took us like 10 minutes to kill as 4 BSTs
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2012-02-13 22:22:50
Link | Quote | Reply

2nd run not so good only advanced 3floors 4 times in a row. Nothing too bad had an imp leader that only used silencega that did damage. Obnoxious but not hard.
 Lakshmi.Jesi
user: Jesi
By Lakshmi.Jesi 2012-02-13 22:31:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Prototyp said: »
said group also needs to flee hack to reliably get to fl80+? dats cool, bro

Nah maybe just looking through walls to see leaders and such, but speed hacking would probably help a bit :)
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2012-02-14 00:33:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Harpunnik said: »
Anyone notice all the ??? items don't appraise for what they are supposed to, like ??? polearm becoming a club?

??? polearms have always been able to become clubs. There is no such thing as a ??? club.

Septimus updated this page and I updated the OP here. If you guys find NMs that break the assumptions I made, please tell me. The borders between groups are fuzzy.

So far the highest level boss reported has been 80. I may have been generous with my 5% estimation.
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
Server: Bahamut
user: Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2012-02-14 00:39:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Just did a floor 1 with a flayer NM that casts blue mage HNM spells. Opened with Pyric Bulwark then a Gates of Hades for 2k to everyone. >_>
 Leviathan.Prototyp
By Leviathan.Prototyp 2012-02-14 00:39:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Encounterd a yellow pudding for our leader on "Defeat enemy leader" floor. Absorbs physical damage after it used the TP ability: "Amplification", when it used "Boiling Point" it switched from absorbing physical damage, to magic damage. Just thought I'd give people a heads up on this guy, as without proper measures will *** your run up. Also abit of insight on what to kinda expect from these NMs, most likely to be more of this kinda thing. Forgot the name, as I logged to save macro's, so sorry I cant provide it, it was something like Gauty Custard though.
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2012-02-14 00:42:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Encounterd a yellow pudding for our leader on "Defeat enemy leader" floor. Absorbs physical damage after it used the TP ability: "Amplification", when it used "Boiling Point" it switched from absorbing physical damage, to magic damage. Just thought I'd give people a heads up on this guy, as without proper measures will *** your run up. Also abit of insight on what to kinda expect from these NMs, most likely to be more of this kinda thing. Forgot the name, as I logged to save macro's, so sorry I cant provide it, it was something like Gauty Custard though.

Yes I just ran into this also, was named Groaty Custard. Suggested either melees turn around or swap to another weapon. Or be pro and have the weapons that deal different damage types (ex: Bourdonasse, Vamp claws etc) Does not absorb weapon skill damage of absorbing type though
[+]
 Leviathan.Prototyp
By Leviathan.Prototyp 2012-02-14 00:43:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Can gurantee it did for us, absorbed my Shoha
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2012-02-14 00:49:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you remember the name of the flayer? The options seem to be:
Abject Awiija, Abject Farzahd, or Abject Kharoub

Chariot bosses are pushovers in my experience, and Qiqirns are more annoying that dangerous. I'd guess Imps are more annoying than dangerous as well. There have been multiple reports of ridiculously hard Flans and Soulflayers though.
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2012-02-14 01:12:24
Link | Quote | Reply

We got some super ebony puddings that had a lot of Hp..didn't do anything unusual just refused to die
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2012-02-14 01:14:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Can gurantee it did for us, absorbed my Shoha

I know for a fact that the Blunt effect on Bourdonasse does not proc on weapon skills and that they're treated as piercing still. Did not absorb Stardiver; so either everything we've known about Bourdonasse since its release is wrong, or the absorbstion duration is small.
 Leviathan.Prototyp
By Leviathan.Prototyp 2012-02-14 01:35:21
Link | Quote | Reply

absorb duration is till it uses the other WS to change out that form
 Leviathan.Prototyp
By Leviathan.Prototyp 2012-02-14 01:37:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Just fought medusa boss, "Stheno" on floor 40, spammed a petri arrow, massive conal range.
 Odin.Tsuneo
Server: Odin
user: Tsuneo
By Odin.Tsuneo 2012-02-14 02:13:06
Link | Quote | Reply

This is my response to new Nyzul:
By Castoth 2012-02-14 02:19:44
Link | Quote | Reply

And here I decided to renew for one more month at the last minute a couple weeks ago. Fact most people even consider using 3rd party tools as the *only* way to reach the top floors shows how much of a failure the dev team has been yet again. Here I thought Logwatch couldn't be topped in terms of the Random Number Generator screwing you over. So grats to Tanaka on that achievement I guess.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2012-02-14 02:22:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Using third party tools will just increase the odds you make it to floor 80+. It isn't going to make or break you. The only group that has reported an 80 boss fight so far probably didn't use 3P tools to get there.
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 15 16 17