Nyzul Isle : Uncharted
First Page 2 ... 15 16 17
 Fenrir.Riken
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Riken
By Fenrir.Riken 2012-02-13 14:34:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Just got finished with my first run, heres a few things I noticed. With the ??? floor up, it's a random floor in ascending order. The NM's are quite a bit harder, our DRK got one shotted by a tree NM. Most normal mobs are still pretty weak. 3-4k hp depenfing on mob. We got to floor 40 boss, was really easy. Rheic Dirs +1 and Euxine Nails +1 dropped.
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2012-02-13 14:36:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Riken said: »
Just got finished with my first run, heres a few things I noticed. With the ??? floor up, it's a random floor in ascending order. The NM's are quite a bit harder, our DRK got one shotted by a tree NM. Most normal mobs are still pretty weak. 3-4k hp depenfing on mob. We got to floor 40 boss, was really easy. Rheic Dirs +1 and Euxine Nails +1 dropped.

So it has higher drop rate than old Nyzul? Even dropped 2 at once?
 Fenrir.Kut
user: Kutsurabi
By Fenrir.Kut 2012-02-13 14:43:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Apart from this, the update was kind of lacking. Here is a brief summary of what we know so far:
* The format is essentially the same as level 75 Nyzul Isle with updated levels, except that you progress through it differently.
** Same monster types
** Same floor objectives
** Same temp items/prices
** Bosses still show up on Floors 20, 40, 60, 80, and 100.

Climbing:
At the end of each floor, you are given the option to ascend ??? floors or to advance to the next floor. The idea is that you will blitz along taking ??? floor (+3~8 ) options until you are within striking distance of a boss, and then you will advance single floors to get to the boss.

If it is an even distribution between 3 and 8, you would expect to travel 5.5 on average each time. This means that you would have to successfully complete ~18 floors on average to get to floor 100, and get lucky enough to have your final ??? floor land you on it. There must be a gimmick, because this is nearly impossible.

Alexandrite:
Alexandrite can drop off normal outside-NMs that you find in Nyzul Isle in single pieces. It can drop off the floor 20/40/etc bosses in Cotton pouches for certain. Treasure Hunter does seem to matter.

What to put in this thread:
1) What outside-NM did you encounter, and what floor did you encounter them on?
2) What are the floor bosses names and characteristics?
3) What is the gimmick that will let us kill bosses other than floor 20 and 40?
4) Did you get a Linen pouch? Where?
http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/109245-Neo-Nyzul-Isle

Seems like NQ drops from floor 20, +1 from floor 40, etc. and that it might be similar to Empy item drops, 1 is 100% with a chance of 2. However, instead of the old 3 possible drops per boss it's all 15 pieces that correlate with that tier (NQ, +1, +2, etc.) so chances of you getting what you actually want are fantastic.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-02-13 14:55:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Random and non-feasible chance of reaching floors 60, 80, and 100 for the good gear.

Random spread of 15 different pieces of equipment.

Random everything.

Event is pretty ***. Unless there's some still to be discovered element to it, this is a nice large fail.
 Phoenix.Dramatica
Server: Phoenix
user: Darkmagi1
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2012-02-13 14:55:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Welcome back ground kings, now without the botting.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2012-02-13 14:57:29
Link | Quote | Reply

You have to start from floor 1 everytime?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-02-13 14:57:42
Link | Quote | Reply

yes
 Bahamut.Samunai
Server: Bahamut
user: Samunai
By Bahamut.Samunai 2012-02-13 14:58:28
Link | Quote | Reply

i just did a run

went from floor 1 >3 >10 > 18 then went up to 19 and 20 and at 20 had gulool jaja boss. its a ninja still and is imuun or highly resistant to para and slow. helix landed quite good (high ##), and it only dropped a cotton pouch for us. =(

a normal NM dropped 1 single alex, no other mobs did.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2012-02-13 15:05:07
Link | Quote | Reply

How is it remotely possible to get to 100 ....
 Leviathan.Joyroth
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Joyroth 2012-02-13 15:06:03
Link | Quote | Reply

My disappointment in SE stands...
I bet Legion will be the same.
[+]
 Odin.Lowblow
Server: Odin
user: sKe7ch
By Odin.Lowblow 2012-02-13 15:06:51
Link | Quote | Reply

If you want to get to floor 100 you just do the ??? skip every time. Like the above said, if average is 5 floors. You need to clear roughly 19 floors. Which isnt that hard if the mobs are dropping in 1 WS. And your not fighting any Bosses.
This is also assuming people know how to do lamp floors ~.^

*also are people complaining because it has some challenge to it and some luck?
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-02-13 15:10:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Lowblow said: »
If you want to get to floor 100 you just do the ??? skip every time. Like the above said, if average is 5 floors. You need to clear roughly 19 floors. Which isnt that hard if the mobs are dropping in 1 WS. And your not fighting any Bosses.

No, it isn't quite that simple. I couldn't even see a group of 6 with the best equipment and highest echelon of skill reaching 100 reliably, if at all. It's a complete cockblock, it isn't about "a challenge" or "a bit of luck", it's about floor 100, and possibly even 80, being nearly, if not completely, impossible to reach.
[+]
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2012-02-13 15:10:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Does this require the same tags as its normal counterpart?
 Bismarck.Artanticos
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Artanticos 2012-02-13 15:12:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Thats 5 minutes for boss fight and 1minute and 18 seconds per floor to go up 19 times. ***doesnt seem possible
[+]
 Odin.Lowblow
By Odin.Lowblow 2012-02-13 15:13:54
Link | Quote | Reply

True enough, didnt take into consideration the Math.
Then I guess 100 is only possible if you get lucky with Floor ??? jumps. Making the rarest gear, stay rare.

Or until a tricked is discovered. For now Im just happy to do Nyzul again
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-02-13 15:15:02
Link | Quote | Reply

If by rare you mean nonexistent
[+]
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-02-13 15:15:46
Link | Quote | Reply

There absolutely, positively must be a trick, gimmick, something, or the development team absolutely, positively must be HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.
[+]
 Leviathan.Joyroth
By Leviathan.Joyroth 2012-02-13 15:16:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Even if you got to 100. The odds of the item you wanted seem pretty slim. Hell you have a better chance at a VW body twice than one of these.
[+]
 Fenrir.Leoheart
user: Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2012-02-13 15:17:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Sylow said: »
There absolutely, positively must be a trick, gimmick, something, or the development team absolutely, positively must be HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.

I'm bagging on it being like Salvage, having some (currently) unknown Requirement that needs to be done on the floor or something depending on the time or whatever, I just woke up good morning evening -.-
 Bahamut.Sakurawr
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Sakurawr 2012-02-13 15:18:12
Link | Quote | Reply

We just went something like 1 > 3 > 5 > 13 > 31 > 36 on random floors.
Floor mini bosses we had to do was a Custard with stupid high def (like 7-10 a hit), a THF QQ and Brainjack Chariot.
 Odin.Lowblow
By Odin.Lowblow 2012-02-13 15:18:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Wonder if it has somethign to do with the Amount of Floors you clear before clicking a ???. Like a multiplier.
[+]
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2012-02-13 15:19:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I am going to say that there is a trick we are missing. For goodness' sake, the content came out today. None of us would have guessed the complexity of Abyssea's systems when it first came out. I'm sure people were pissed about grinding and low gear drop rates before we discovered how lights work and the stagger system.

Then again, there is the Voidwatch loot system...
[+]
 Bismarck.Misao
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2012-02-13 15:20:00
Link | Quote | Reply

ppl want to reach/complete floor 100, after a few hrs of release, wat ?

its probably something silly or something hidden, maybe completing floors will eventually lead to being able to jump more floors ahead, or there is a way to unlock a secret warp
[+]
 Leviathan.Joyroth
By Leviathan.Joyroth 2012-02-13 15:20:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Leoheart said: »

I'm bagging on it being like Salvage, having some (currently) unknown Requirement that needs to be done on the floor or something depending on the time or whatever, I just woke up good morning evening -.-

>.> Yea gotta push through. It was released today. We will see what the next few weeks push out.
By Fupafighters 2012-02-13 15:20:43
Link | Quote | Reply

K we will all just advance to 100 and spam whatever floor we want for gear again...cuz that was hard...
By Quiznor 2012-02-13 15:20:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Adding alex to this was absolutely pointless.We got 4 pieces,killed 6 NMs with mad TH on them.
 Bismarck.Artanticos
By Bismarck.Artanticos 2012-02-13 15:21:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Well there might be the saving grace. a jump from 13->31 RNG may not have an upper limit to it

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2012-02-13 15:22:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Come down off your high horse please. That's 90 seconds a floor. Impossible for that amount of floors.
 Odin.Lowblow
By Odin.Lowblow 2012-02-13 15:22:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Viciousss said: »

Come down off your high horse please. That's 90 seconds a floor. Impossible for that amount of floors.

We already established that. Thanks ^^.
First Page 2 ... 15 16 17