First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 15 16 17
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2012-02-14 02:27:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Prototyp said: »
Just fought medusa boss, "Stheno" on floor 40, spammed a petri arrow, massive conal range.

It's not an arrow, it's a dance. It's aoe centered around her and only affects people looking at her.
 Bismarck.Sylow
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-02-14 02:27:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I still say the existence of the NQ, +1, +2, and +3 versions is highly suspicious.
 Asura.Karbuncle
Server: Asura
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2012-02-14 02:28:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm hoping they're more than the Logs and Ores of Nyzul.

But they feel to me like a Consolation prize when spamming "Go to Floor ???" if you happen to land on a 20/40/60 you can enjoy your mediocre poo-pile.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2012-02-14 02:35:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Mizuharu said: »
Just fought medusa boss, "Stheno" on floor 40, spammed a petri arrow, massive conal range.

It's not an arrow, it's a dance. It's aoe centered around her and only affects people looking at her.

There are three TP moves. Single Target, Conal+damage, and AoE dance (not sight dependent).
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
user: Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2012-02-14 03:24:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
Bahamut.Mizuharu said: »

There are three TP moves. Single Target, Conal+damage, and AoE dance (not sight dependent).

Our BLU was turned away from her casting magic and wasn't hit with petrify. Unless it was some resist! procing
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2012-02-14 03:30:33
Link | Quote | Reply

How far away was he? I turned around almost instantly because I was expecting it and still got hit.
 Leviathan.Prototyp
Server: Leviathan
user: Starkzz
By Leviathan.Prototyp 2012-02-14 03:40:11
Link | Quote | Reply

It's a medusa-type mob, it's not out of the question to say she has more than one way to petrify you, why are you dismissing it like you know what your talking about?

It's a basic Medusa move, not specific to this Medusa

"Calcifying Deluge" - Conal threefold ranged attack that does damage plus Petrification. (Large and far conal range)
 Bahamut.Sakurawr
By Bahamut.Sakurawr 2012-02-14 06:24:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
Do you remember the name of the flayer? The options seem to be:
Abject Awiija, Abject Farzahd, or Abject Kharoub

Chariot bosses are pushovers in my experience, and Qiqirns are more annoying that dangerous. I'd guess Imps are more annoying than dangerous as well. There have been multiple reports of ridiculously hard Flans and Soulflayers though.
We had Abject Farzahd, it's a BLM who enjoys spamming 800ish AOE Blizzaga III and alternating it with Mind Blast for ~400.

And since I forgot to list the name of the stupidly high def custard, it was something like Cartamom, hits hard too at ~450 a hit D:
Had Amorphic Scythe, don't remember seeing anything else but we had 2 BLUs that run stun locking it.

The Brainjack chariot seemed to have some Store TP or Regain, as it was spamming TP on us enough, only did Brainjack twice though. Once charming the Almace BLU and the other time on Falcorr.

We also had some THF QQ which I don't remember the name of, other than high eva he was nothing special though, other than doing 2 TP moves at a time. Edit: it was Nerve Render Yiyiroon D:
 Leviathan.Sargent
By Leviathan.Sargent 2012-02-14 06:45:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Did 3 runs last night, getting to 61, 64 and 72 respectivly.

First run:

Second run:

Third run:

Woulda got higher on the final run, but one of our members d/c'd on the Lamp floor, so hadta wait on what would have been a quick floor
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2012-02-14 07:09:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Iirc, the Brainjack chariots are always SAM. You can tell by the really high DA rate against evasive jobs, which is actually Zanshin and goes away if you put a job like WAR in front of them.

Two things/questions for you Sargent:
1) Boroka probably wasn't your specified enemy, because he's an NM.
2) Any notes about Aroro Samaroro? Your report is the first frog NM sighting.
 Odin.Tsuneo
Server: Odin
user: Tsuneo
By Odin.Tsuneo 2012-02-14 07:19:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I actually killed Aroro Samaroro. He seemed like a pretty standard BLM mob. I wasn't specifically looking for anything, but we killed him pretty easily.
 Lakshmi.Rearden
user: Churchill
By Lakshmi.Rearden 2012-02-14 08:06:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I did another run on Dag where we fought Aroro Samaroro for enemy leader.

Didn't noticed anything different, it kind of ran through the people I was with but no explanation there necessary.

Standard stuff, gains access to crazyness under Providence as I saw a breakga coming out before it was stunned.
 Leviathan.Blackwhirlwind
By Leviathan.Blackwhirlwind 2012-02-14 08:34:17
Link | Quote | Reply

What is the token outcome from most runs?
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2012-02-14 08:37:11
Link | Quote | Reply

About 90 tokens per floor completed, regardless what level you get to at the end. There is something more complicated about it than that, but it definitely doesn't use anything like the old NI's formula.
 Leviathan.Blackwhirlwind
By Leviathan.Blackwhirlwind 2012-02-14 08:40:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmmm you would think the new Nyzul Isle would net more tokens atleast per run.
 Fenrir.Schutz
Server: Fenrir
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2012-02-14 10:49:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Sylow said: »
I still say the existence of the NQ, +1, +2, and +3 versions is highly suspicious.

Yes, I would reckon there has to be some significant value to even fighting for level 20 NQ items, other than to simply get past that particular floor. Maybe the event 'gimmick' has to do with something like wearing the NQ/+1/+2/+3 when activating the rune to advance to a ??? floor expands the possible range of a jump or something.

Or maybe that is just hoping too much LOL.
 Bismarck.Recaldy
Server: Bismarck
user: Recaldy
By Bismarck.Recaldy 2012-02-14 11:08:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Schutz said: »
Bismarck.Sylow said: »

Yes, I would reckon there has to be some significant value to even fighting for level 20 NQ items, other than to simply get past that particular floor. Maybe the event 'gimmick' has to do with something like wearing the NQ/+1/+2/+3 when activating the rune to advance to a ??? floor expands the possible range of a jump or something.

Or maybe that is just hoping too much LOL.
The Evangelion avatar went well with that. lol
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2012-02-16 03:01:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Sargent said: »
Did 3 runs last night, getting to 61, 64 and 72 respectivly.

Woulda got higher on the final run, but one of our members d/c'd on the Lamp floor, so hadta wait on what would have been a quick floor

What setup are you using?
 Odin.Sawtelle
user: tooheyv
By Odin.Sawtelle 2012-02-16 03:32:07
Link | Quote | Reply

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF, floor 94 (cleared 16 floors prior, had 2 minutes left) and we get an all floor with like 70million skeletons. So much for finding out if ??? wraps around.
Other 2 runs were uneventful (saw a fafnir at 83 if it hasn't been confirmed already(above 50ish) acted just like normal fafnir, everything else was old news).

Set up: war war drk cor sch sch, no mules this time. Although I haven't done this w/o sch, I have a hard time imagining it. Having 8~ tp a tick regain, 70%+ haste and 58hp/regen for 25/30 minutes makes it feel like abyssea w/ a time limit. Easy to go to aby and get ISL boxes in the 30minute down time.
 Diabolos.Prodigy
Server: Diabolos
user: Prodigy
By Diabolos.Prodigy 2012-02-16 15:21:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexandrite needs to be:

Regular mobs drop singles.
NMs drop cotton pouches.
Bosses drop Linen pouches.

Stop F'n around SE, handing out 0-20 alexandrites per run is a joke. Do what I said above and it might make people want to play your crappy content
[+]
By missdivine 2012-02-16 15:54:49
Link | Quote | Reply

went with a full bst pt, was easy
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2012-02-16 18:40:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Sawtelle said: »
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF, floor 94 (cleared 16 floors prior, had 2 minutes left) and we get an all floor with like 70million skeletons. So much for finding out if ??? wraps around.
Other 2 runs were uneventful (saw a fafnir at 83 if it hasn't been confirmed already(above 50ish) acted just like normal fafnir, everything else was old news).

Set up: war war drk cor sch sch, no mules this time. Although I haven't done this w/o sch, I have a hard time imagining it. Having 8~ tp a tick regain, 70%+ haste and 58hp/regen for 25/30 minutes makes it feel like abyssea w/ a time limit. Easy to go to aby and get ISL boxes in the 30minute down time.

Why aren't you taking a thf lol.
[+]
 Odin.Sawtelle
user: tooheyv
By Odin.Sawtelle 2012-02-17 03:58:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Viciousss said: »
schs
thf?
We were trying to get to 100 primarilly, and going with the group we took would have lost an ukon to bring a half decent thf. We decided that IF we made it to a boss floor, we would suffer a loss of TH to increase the chance to make it. IE: an attempt to fight the floor 100 boss was more interesting than a chance at the gear.
[+]
By Chyula 2012-02-18 15:38:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Viciousss said: »
schs
thf?
We were trying to get to 100 primarilly, and going with the group we took would have lost an ukon to bring a half decent thf. We decided that IF we made it to a boss floor, we would suffer a loss of TH to increase the chance to make it. IE: an attempt to fight the floor 100 boss was more interesting than a chance at the gear.

Your mages are gimp without TH 1.
[+]
 Asura.Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2012-02-22 17:34:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, Right, Curse words.

Quote:
Was posted on BG, as well as Official Forums. On off chance some of you just dwell here...

http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/109245-Neo-Nyzul-Isle/page38

As suspected, You can over-shoot Floor 100 and Just flop back down to 1. Kinda sucks.
By Chyula 2012-02-22 17:36:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Karbuncle said: »
Oh, Right, Curse words.
Quote:
Was posted on BG, as well as Official Forums. On off chance some of you just dwell here... http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/109245-Neo-Nyzul-Isle/page38 As suspected, You can over-shoot Floor 100 and Just flop back down to 1. Kinda sucks.

This made my day lmao

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2012-02-22 17:43:00
Link | Quote | Reply

IDK, Something about being able to over-shoot it just makes me even more upset about this entire events planning.

Was the trial by fire of random Numbers to 100 so easy, They had to make it possible you'd overshoot it and completely screw yourself?

Essentially, If you're on floor 92 or higher, You have a chance of instantly f**king yourself by going up ???, that severely hinders the possibility of 100 even further...
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2012-02-22 17:44:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Is anyone really surprised though? The original Nyzul worked in exactly the same way.
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 15 16 17