Link | Quote | Reply

Oh wow, thanks :D
 Shiva.Paulu
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Paulu
By Shiva.Paulu 2012-04-15 13:14:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Minjo is a talking dog, how could he not be popular!?
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2012-04-15 13:22:08
Link | Quote | Reply

There was also a link to a full re-name file and a guide for how to do it on the last page. The decision came down that we're going to stay a bit apart from third party stuff on BGwiki.

AKA, keep an eye on my pastebin:
http://pastebin.com/u/Byrth
 Cerberus.Deadplaything
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Deadplaything 2012-04-15 13:28:48
Link | Quote | Reply

How do you find out what a monster's Id number is?
 Shiva.Galbir
user: galbir
By Shiva.Galbir 2012-04-15 13:31:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
There was also a link to a full re-name file and a guide for how to do it on the last page. The decision came down that we're going to stay a bit apart from third party stuff on BGwiki.

Oh wow that's awesome. Do those names come up when you do widescan as well? :o
 Cerberus.Deadplaything
By Cerberus.Deadplaything 2012-04-15 13:32:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Galbir said: »

It will be the monsters new name so it will show up as MONSTER NAME drops a wind crystal.
 Shiva.Galbir
By Shiva.Galbir 2012-04-15 13:34:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Deadplaything said: »
Shiva.Galbir said: »

It will be the monsters new name so it will show up as MONSTER NAME drops a wind crystal.
I get that part since that's the whole point. What I was asking is if this works for widescan as well. Would be very useful for dyna.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2012-04-15 13:38:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, it shows up on widescan.

I can put up the Dynamis alpha version if you want, but it has more unconfirmed things on it (PHs for each Xarc lotto NM).
 Asura.Kenrusai
Server: Asura
user: Starkzz
By Asura.Kenrusai 2012-04-15 13:51:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure if it's already been discussed, don't really feel like going through pages for something that might not be there, but yeah, heard rumors that if you have someone w/ floor 100 win take you in, chance of getting decent jumps is higher. Any truth to this? or better yet, does this progress that saves do anything?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-04-15 13:55:16
Link | Quote | Reply

No and no.
[+]
 Leviathan.Prototyp
Server: Leviathan
user: Starkzz
By Leviathan.Prototyp 2012-04-15 13:55:50
Link | Quote | Reply

:(
 Shiva.Galbir
By Shiva.Galbir 2012-04-15 14:42:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Castoth said: »
Group on BG using Clipper recently got GMed and sent to Mordion due to Clipper/Flee Hacking. They might be starting to crack down or an isolated incident, not sure yet.
On Shiva? Which thread?
 Cerberus.Tikal
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-04-15 14:43:47
Link | Quote | Reply

BlueGartr.
By Castoth 2012-04-15 14:44:06
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/109245-Neo-Nyzul-Isle/page85

Starts near the bottom of the page. Looks like one might get perma'd, another temp banned.
By Latifah 2012-04-15 14:50:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Castoth said: »
Group on BG using Clipper recently got GMed and sent to Mordion due to Clipper/Flee Hacking. They might be starting to crack down or an isolated incident, not sure yet.
Flee hack does not work atm on clipper, it have been broken for a while now. The only method to "flee hack" is by pressing the coordinate buttons in order to achieve that, which is not detectable. I'm 100% sure someone saw him moving fast on appradar or he was not using invisible/ targeted by someone else and was talking about clipper on game chat. Or.... a senior GM was monitoring everything
By Latifah 2012-04-15 14:59:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm using old version, i don't know if the developer updated it yet since he said he won;t work on the app anymore unless he gave the source code to someone else
 Shiva.Galbir
By Shiva.Galbir 2012-04-15 15:00:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Mine works fine as well.
 Fenrir.Minjo
user: Tsuko
By Fenrir.Minjo 2012-04-15 15:01:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Cheater.
By Aurilius 2012-04-15 15:02:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Incoming salvage bans 2.0?

It's amazing to me why SE bans players. That's like telling someone "No I don't want free money". Take away their items that they cheated to get, and maybe ban them from the event for a period of time. Banning an account and losing income is definitely HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.

Off to buy and cook some steaks and potatoes. I can't wait to see how the BG thread turns out. Reminds me of the salvage ban threads and how "Nothing is detectable. Nothing will be done" yadda yadda......
[+]
 Shiva.Galbir
By Shiva.Galbir 2012-04-15 15:03:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea well.. your face is a dog.
 Shiva.Damonz
user: Damonz
By Shiva.Damonz 2012-04-15 15:06:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Aurilius said: »

It's amazing to me why SE bans players. That's like telling someone "No I don't want free money". Take away their items that they cheated to get, and maybe ban them from the event for a period of time. Banning an account and losing income is definitely HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.

Off to buy and cook some steaks and potatoes. I can't wait to see how the BG thread turns out. Reminds me of the salvage ban threads and how "Nothing is detectable. Nothing will be done" yadda yadda......

they aren't losing any income in most cases, when you're willing to cheat getting back all that "leet" gear only takes a few weeks/months, ppl just start new accounts, or buy old ones.

Edit, I'm not saying "cheating" at a video game is right or wrong, if you do I don't care, if you don't I don't care.
 Fenrir.Minjo
By Fenrir.Minjo 2012-04-15 15:07:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Everyone knows it's detectable. We just aren't sure if they're actually taking measures to detect it. As a friend pointed out, having GMs watch anyone and everyone who steps into Nyzul is probably far beyond their resources.

And while I don't typically agree with how their banning goes down, it's anything but an unreasonable process. Setting a precedent making it clear that cheating through their content is just ducky isn't a good business decision.
 Shiva.Galbir
By Shiva.Galbir 2012-04-15 15:19:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Might have something to do with the guy that was going 800% read somewhere that anything over 300% is auto detected. Though without being a Gm there's no way of telling.
 Fenrir.Minjo
By Fenrir.Minjo 2012-04-15 15:26:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not really a bastion of knowledge with regard to this sort of thing, but I'm fairly certain that any manner of speed checkpoint would record everything, at which point it's up to another source(human or otherwise) to filter the data.
 Phoenix.Dramatica
Server: Phoenix
user: Darkmagi1
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2012-04-15 15:39:45
Link | Quote | Reply

For what it's worth, it happened on a run right after hitting 100. They also don't seem to care if you are cheating or not, so long as someone in your group is caught doing so. There are some zones with speed traps, but as far as I know, there isn't any auto detection for speeds. My entire linkshell would be banned if that was the case. The person going 800% was the one person who didn't even get touched anyways, he was a JP obviously.
 Fenrir.Minjo
By Fenrir.Minjo 2012-04-15 15:51:57
Link | Quote | Reply

The fact that it was your second run of the night makes it very possible that somebody who'd want you or others in your group banned noticed you were inside.
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2012-04-15 17:49:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Aurilius said: »

That's not true, allowing players to cheat and not doing anything to stop it does more harm than good to an MMORPG(seen many MMORPG failed for that reason). It will encourage cheating, when majority of players beat the content in 3 days instead of 6 months, they will quit after they got every items they want.

And those who doesn't cheat will also quit since they can't compete with those who cheats(I know some ppl down right refuse to play any MMO if game company don't ban cheaters). This game will just lose more players if they allow every player running at 800% speed and run through walls.
 Lakshmi.Rearden
user: Churchill
By Lakshmi.Rearden 2012-04-15 17:54:12
Link | Quote | Reply

That's why no one did Kings for 5 years
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13 ... 15 16 17