Link | Quote | Reply

Oh.
 Fenrir.Minjo
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Tsuko
By Fenrir.Minjo 2012-04-13 00:49:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Dat swaps, on average, are an absolute deal-breaker, which is where the spinning of others' moral compass starts to confuse me. Compared to that, clipper's importance is laughable.
[+]
 Fenrir.Minjo
By Fenrir.Minjo 2012-04-13 01:20:13
Link | Quote | Reply

That was one of my less important comments. I strongly suggest you take the rest of them to heart. Really though, you'll gain little to nothing from Apocalypse if your SCH do a better job. We've had maybe three deaths total in all of our runs, and one of them was an EES from the shade NM.
[+]
 Asura.Fondue
Server: Asura
user: Caliber
By Asura.Fondue 2012-04-13 01:22:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I dont really see how the drain on apoc is a dealbreaker at all.. between not intentionally agroing an entire zone to kill 1 mob and regen5+embrava I might hit seigan 1 time per run on ranger qiqirns, that regen is serious and it lets you play completely offensively to where I dont see the utility of an apoc at all :< damage > survivability for sure with a 30 min time limit
 Asura.Fondue
By Asura.Fondue 2012-04-13 01:32:54
Link | Quote | Reply

also at the enspell comment, our scholars definitely overlap regen a bit too much but is that what 30? damage a swing with 500 skill going to make a difference with mostly ws damage vs mobs? I keep meaning to parse our runs and forget when I get there

our setup is amanosamx2 ukonwar veremnk 2sch if that matters
 Fenrir.Minjo
By Fenrir.Minjo 2012-04-13 01:44:45
Link | Quote | Reply

It certainly doesn't have as much of an impact what with it being drastically skewed toward WS damage, but there's no reason not to.
 Asura.Fondue
By Asura.Fondue 2012-04-13 02:02:12
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah makes sense, hadn't seen that mentioned anywhere solid tip!
By Gimpness 2012-04-13 02:25:30
Link | Quote | Reply

hmmmmm where would i go about finding lamp .dats? :X
 Asura.Fondue
By Asura.Fondue 2012-04-13 02:26:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
Swap list for POLUtils
Strategy

The fewer third party tools you use the safer your account will be but the longer it will take you to get gear. I would recommend using the name swap list above to modify your .dats and Fillmode at least, as they are both nearly-undetectable server-side and offer a gigantic advantage.

Added, 4/10
POLUtils guide

about 1 page back :P
By Asura.Leonlionheart 2012-04-13 02:52:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Fondue said: »
also at the enspell comment, our scholars definitely overlap regen a bit too much but is that what 30? damage a swing with 500 skill going to make a difference with mostly ws damage vs mobs? I keep meaning to parse our runs and forget when I get there

our setup is amanosamx2 ukonwar veremnk 2sch if that matters

I've seen too many ws restriction floors w/ slimes and puddings to say enthunder is a bad idea.

Had a cadameron(sp?) custard today on a ws restricted floor. Needless to say we did not hit 100.
 Asura.Fondue
By Asura.Fondue 2012-04-13 02:55:09
Link | Quote | Reply

we've yet to get ws restricted :s only a matter of time before we get that one though lol got the
Uses standard Flan TP moves.
Amplification makes it absorb physical damage until the next TP move.
Boiling Point makes it absorb magical damage until the next TP move.

groaty custard^ and the physical resistant one today.. somehow the groaty one went down quickly still even though I saw a few 2-3k absorbed kaitens o_O
 Asura.Failaras
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2012-04-13 03:01:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Fondue said: »
we've yet to get ws restricted :s only a matter of time before we get that one though lol got the
Uses standard Flan TP moves.
Amplification makes it absorb physical damage until the next TP move.
Boiling Point makes it absorb magical damage until the next TP move.

groaty custard^ and the physical resistant one today.. somehow the groaty one went down quickly still even though I saw a few 2-3k absorbed kaitens o_O
That WS restricted custard leon was talking about was absolutely horrid. It took almost 10 minutes to kill, although by then we had already given up on that terrible run.
 Asura.Fondue
By Asura.Fondue 2012-04-13 03:04:14
Link | Quote | Reply

we went 2/3 today and 1/3 the first day we tried.. felt a lot better today when breezy's game wasnt crashing nonstop -_- getting more comfortable, still seems to need a lot of luck with good jumps..

also *** 5lamp floors on GIGANTIC sprawling maps @______________________________@
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-04-13 03:07:15
Link | Quote | Reply

*** code lamps on gigantic sprawling maps. Srs.
[+]
 Asura.Jem
user: Jemmy
By Asura.Jem 2012-04-13 03:12:19
Link | Quote | Reply

It's only a minor thing (and not present in that run) but Apoc allows me to sub WAR which I can't do with Ragna. And as mentioned before, Resolution does overkill a lot. Like literally every mob that isn't an NM/Leader/Mousse I never land all the hits of Reso because of overkilling.

I'll try Ragna next run but all the previous times I used it I just remember being frustrated by overkilling because as soon as Reso starts 4 hitting or less, it runs evenish with Cata. Except Apoc TP's faster with a better TP set and the added bonus of drain.

Also didn't notice your comment before but our SCH's do give Perpetuence Hastes. At least I always have Haste for the full run anyway.

I do agree our Regen application could use work but I don't think it would make a massive difference timewise purely because people don't die or come close to dying. Not unless it means our DD's could Hasso fulltime (I don't know whether they use Seigan or Hasso atm only that I rarely seigan myself).

I think the person recording usually does use fillmode for the record. They just didn't because fillmode would look shitty on a video I think. It's certainly mentioned in the comments that we use fillmode and we've never made any secret of the fact.

I think our biggest area for improvement would be communication as our only communication during runs is through typing except for myself and the rune SCH (We're married). Which links in with your SCH's comments. Not being a SCH myself (Have it levelled but never played it), I don't want to comment/critique on it as I'd be talking about stuff I have no experience with.

And please don't take this as '**** off with your advice' because we do appreciate the critique. Since the majority of the runs we end up in the 90's, any slight improvements could make the difference for us.
 Asura.Failaras
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2012-04-13 03:14:49
Link | Quote | Reply

The advice was actually really helpful, never thought of using enthunder.
 Asura.Fondue
By Asura.Fondue 2012-04-13 03:15:35
Link | Quote | Reply

you guys should look into teamspeak or something :< I cant imagine doing nyzul without it
 Asura.Jem
By Asura.Jem 2012-04-13 03:16:21
Link | Quote | Reply

For Cardamom Custard, if you have a DRK with Twilight then it goes down pretty quickly. Along with the SCH nuking. Tomahawk/Enspells/Formless Strikes also help.

Also I think we've just been very lucky with Groaty as I have never seen him absorb anything. Even the time we got him with no WS'es.

And yeah, *** code on big floors. Especially when it's in the room next to you but you have to run through 5 other maze rooms with tons of aggro to get there D:
 Asura.Jem
By Asura.Jem 2012-04-13 03:17:44
Link | Quote | Reply

We used to use Ventrilo every day even when not on FFXI but the company who hosted our server for like 4 years went bust and we just never replaced it =/

EDIT: And yeah enspells is really handy. Will ask our SCH's to do it in future. We have used it before, no idea why we dropped it. Saves me throwing up Endark a lot of the time too since the attack doesn't really benefit me in Nyzul.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2012-04-13 03:27:14
Link | Quote | Reply

You could just use Skype if you felt like it.
By Asura.Leonlionheart 2012-04-13 03:41:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Today we hit 100 in 15 jumps, previously we were getting 16-17 jumps and getting between 80 and 95.

This ***is 20% know how 80% luck

Edit: hit 100 with time to spare, had not seen the 1 minute marker yet. probably had over two minutes left, and 15 jumps, so lucky.
[+]
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2012-04-13 09:12:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Minjo said: »
Bismarck.Elanabelle said: »
Debating with Minjo is like swinging a baseball bat at a 6-foot-thick brick wall, Leonlionheart. Don't bother.

Interestingly enough, intelligent posters never seem to feel this way.

That's what you (inaccurately) think.

You seem to have confused your analytical nature with intelligence, and also overestimated your popularity.

But I digress. Minjo actually offered some good advice in this thread; it's just too bad one has to sift through his drivel to find it.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-04-15 13:03:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Anybody know someplace I can DL the lamp rename dats? =/
The link on bg wiki doesnt work >_<
 Shiva.Paulu
Server: Shiva
user: Paulu
By Shiva.Paulu 2012-04-15 13:09:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kvazz said: »
Anybody know someplace I can DL the lamp rename dats? =/
The link on bg wiki doesnt work >_<
You can do it yourself if you wanted to.
Google: "ffxi polutils"
Download and run it.
Select "FFXI NPC Renamer"
Find Nyzul Isle in the list then find the Runic Lamps.
There will be 5 in descending order. Rename them top to bottom 1, 2, 3, etc.
Click "Show Changes" then "Write Pending Changes".
Enjoy your new lamp order.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12 ... 15 16 17