VIP
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2012-04-01 19:24:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Swap list for POLUtils
Strategy

The fewer third party tools you use the safer your account will be but the longer it will take you to get gear. I would recommend using the name swap list above to modify your .dats and Fillmode at least, as they are both nearly-undetectable server-side and offer a gigantic advantage.

Added, 4/10
POLUtils guide
[+]
By Latifah 2012-04-01 19:32:51
Link | Quote | Reply

fill mode and dat swaping /clipper is client side, can't be detected, unless you're fool to chat about that on game, gms search chat logs for evidence in order to ban your account
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
Server: Leviathan
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2012-04-01 19:58:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Latifah said: »
fill mode and dat swaping /clipper is client side, can't be detected, unless you're fool to chat about that on game, gms search chat logs for evidence in order to ban your account

ya right, gms are too lazy, they don't give a flying f***.
 Phoenix.Anniel
Server: Phoenix
user: Anniel
By Phoenix.Anniel 2012-04-05 10:36:45
Link | Quote | Reply

They did temp ban somebody a few days ago for using clipper outside Nyzul~

And number two... you don't need clipper to get to 100 :3 but .dat swap on lamps definitely helps :3 That being said, I never liked fillmode D:

We got to 100 (without clipper!), killed NM and still had a couple minutes left, we had pretty decent jumps tho, but idk how to check how many floors we actually had to do :x sorry! Idk if people used fillmode or no tbh, I know I choose not to... it just makes me bump into walls ._.

PS: It's also dumb to call somebody a noob or incapable of anything within FFXI just because they used clipper or anything etc, using clipper or not is not gonna make you good, skilled or better :3
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2012-04-05 10:42:46
Link | Quote | Reply

That's why you make a

/console fillmode

macro.

Press once for on, press once for off. Toggle as necessary
 Phoenix.Anniel
Server: Phoenix
user: Anniel
By Phoenix.Anniel 2012-04-05 10:54:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, ty! Ill give it a try sometime, not that I personally need it much, I'm the sch that stays on the rune to take people up!
 Ragnarok.Ashman
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-04-05 11:00:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Hohenheim said: »
Latifah said: »
ya right, gms are too lazy, they don't give a flying f***.

I still think that the "checking chatlog" was always a precaution and they never really scanned you unless you were being actively checked for something else.

I remember when people used to alt-tab to a messenger client to discuss windower.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-04-06 23:53:48
Link | Quote | Reply

\o/

Pants too but I was too lazy to put them in.
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
Server: Fenrir
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2012-04-09 01:00:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Well this was rude. :|

[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2012-04-09 01:07:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Just got my coat too :)
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-04-09 01:09:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said: »
Just got my coat too :)
So that was you we saw!
[+]
By Fupafighters 2012-04-09 01:15:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren needs to stop being lazy *** and notice nyzle isle offers some of the best gear available...jealous of all ya getting your 100 gear, grats lol. I get the stupidest replies to my shouts for a static. "I'm only on floor one", "I have done plenty of nyzle isle uncharted", me "what floor have you reached", the +1 sch "40". I think some people should come over to siren and show these people how to play their damn jobs.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-04-09 01:15:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Linen coin purse is baller enough!
 Asura.Niloc
Server: Asura
user: Niloc
By Asura.Niloc 2012-04-12 20:39:34
Link | Quote | Reply

If anyone cares, one of our members recorded a full 30 minute run of ours where we got to 100 and beat the boss (actually timed out before being able to lot his drops, but we all still get the KI). Dat mods were used for lamps, and usual windower stuff, but no clipper.

Fenrir.Minjo
user: Tsuko
By Fenrir.Minjo 2012-04-12 20:49:43
Link | Quote | Reply

A minute in, and I can already tell you that your SCH need to work on their JA timing. No reason not to have all strategems precharged before warping up, so you one of them is hitting TR -> Embrava immediately, and the other is casting Regen. Have everyone run off and do their thing while the SCH precharge again for an immediate Enthunder and Adloquiem upon warping again. While precharges in anticipation of warps aren't going on, they need to be doing Perpetuance Hastes.

Edit: Your movement speed is really harmful. Not saying you have to increase it, because that's your prerogative, but it's obviously costing you a lot of success based on your clear/failure rate reported on BG.

Edit2: Fillmode would also be helping dramatically. Your time spent wandering aimlessly is detrimental.

Edit3: More SCH critiques. Someone should be doing Enthunder, and your Regen maintenance is pretty poor. If they step up with the buffs, there's no reason for your DRK to be using Apocalypse instead of a GSD.

Edit4: Silent oils/prism powders seem like a gigantic waste of time.

Edit5: These are really low level mobs for the most part, tell your DRG to use Drakesbane.

Edit6: Am I blind, or is your WAR using Seigan? >.>

Edit7: Not making use of Sekka is also silly.

Edit8: Your SCH are making my head hurt. That Embrava reapplication was stupidly slow.

Edit9: Didn't notice if it was the case in the beginning, but there's no reason not to reapply Embrava on the same TR. Also, you have protect, which I didn't notice until now. More time wasted casting useless things.

Edit10: Regennnnnnnnnn :C

Edit11(last): Can't stress the fillmode thing enough. Your WAR spent a disturbing amount of time walking around doing nothing. SCH need a lot of work.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-04-12 21:40:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Fillmode is unbelievably helpful on gear floors (on every floor really, but on gear floors especially). Someone rounding a corner and aggroing a gear losing the group 1 minute makes me rage every time.
 Lakshmi.Rearden
user: Churchill
By Lakshmi.Rearden 2012-04-12 21:55:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Edit 12: use tomahawk on resistant NMs
By Asura.Leonlionheart 2012-04-12 22:19:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Props for not using clipper. If you ask me, the journey is better than the destination. Nyzul is one of the only things left in FFXI (bar-lollegion) that not everyone and their grandmother can do.

Clipper trivializes the event and diminishes the reward, especially for the groups that get the gear without clipper.

That's just my take on it though, clippers gonna clip despite the fact that once you have this gear, you're just back to farming more relics and emps.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-04-12 22:20:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I wouldn't say it trivializes it as much as it heightens your odds further. Clipper doesn't guarantee victory. There are ways to increase your movement speed without clipper too.
By Fupafighters 2012-04-12 22:30:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I wanna see people get 100 on xbox lol.
 Fenrir.Minjo
By Fenrir.Minjo 2012-04-12 22:36:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Leonlionheart said: »
Props for not using clipper. If you ask me, the journey is better than the destination. Nyzul is one of the only things left in FFXI (bar-lollegion) that not everyone and their grandmother can do.

Clipper trivializes the event and diminishes the reward, especially for the groups that get the gear without clipper.

That's just my take on it though, clippers gonna clip despite the fact that once you have this gear, you're just back to farming more relics and emps.

***players are't winning with or without clipper. And I can tell you with absolute certainty that fillmode and lamp dat edits give a much greater advantage than clipper does, which they're using. I don't see what's commendable about using every tool that isn't detectable, and skipping the less influential one that is.
[+]
By Asura.Leonlionheart 2012-04-12 22:54:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, yes it's all been said before. I know, don't "white knight" if you still use 2/3 of the mods.

Whatever, I still think clipper is much more advantageous than lamp dats are since a ton of the event is walking around.

I tell myself wireframe is ok because it comes with base windower, and everyone uses windower, right? lamp dats are stretching it a bit, but it's not detectable so who cares? I guess I don't use clipper because of my "moral code."

Either way I'm not asking you to adhere to my "moral code" but I'm giving people props who do.

Good job for doing an event 1/3 legit instead of completely illegitimate.
[+]
 Fenrir.Minjo
By Fenrir.Minjo 2012-04-12 22:59:19
Link | Quote | Reply

You are not winning this event without lamp edits, and people have proven that it's winnable without clipper. I don't see any grey area here. One is safer, absolutely, but as someone who's a couple runs away from capping on every set, I'm telling you that you're not paying attention if you think clipper matters more than the two things absolutely everyone uses to be successful.

I realize you're not asking me to adhere to your moral code, but I'm telling you that your moral code in this case makes absolutely no sense. Give me a party of excellent players and clipper alone, and I'll show you a failing Nyzul run.
[+]
By Asura.Leonlionheart 2012-04-12 23:14:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok then, lamp dats are much more advantageous than clipper.

What you're saying is that one of the mods is necessary, while the other is not. If it's necessary to complete the event, then everyone who has gear MUST have used it. The people that don't aren't completing the event. In that case, clipper is a nicety and a tool that you don't need, and is therefore trivializing the event more so, and making your achievement less. While the others are making the achievement the same as everyone who doesn't use clipper.

Either way, I doubt we'll change each other's mind. You're just trying to validate your usage of clipper, while I'm trying to invalidate it.

Edit: can't argue now, doing nyzul. have to agree to disagree at least
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2012-04-12 23:17:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Debating with Minjo is like swinging a baseball bat at a 6-foot-thick brick wall, Leonlionheart. Don't bother.
[+]
 Fenrir.Kut
user: Kutsurabi
By Fenrir.Kut 2012-04-12 23:23:23
Link | Quote | Reply

A little funny story from our Nyzul run last night:
On our way up, we happened to randomly land on floor 20. One of our SCHs being a dual box, I believe we only really had one SCH healing. As a result, I died close to the mobs death. We warped up before raising me and we got White Magic restriction and Code Lamps! So, after all that I think our lesson is learned.

inb4 people tell me everything I did wrong.
 Ragnarok.Nemesio
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nemesio
By Ragnarok.Nemesio 2012-04-12 23:26:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Kut said: »
On our way up, we happened to randomly land on floor 20. One of our SCHs being a dual box, I believe we only really had one SCH healing. As I a result, I died close to the mobs death. We warped up before raising me and we got White Magic restriction and Code Lamps! So, after all that I think our lesson is learned.

Had something similar happen last night, zone in, buff, embrava, go up a couple floors, when all of a sudden we reach a code... Everyone starts running, and then we see our SCH red-dotting... Needless to say we were a little upset.
By Fupafighters 2012-04-12 23:28:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Kut said: »
On our way up, we happened to randomly land on floor 20. One of our SCHs being a dual box, I believe we only really had one SCH healing. As I a result, I died close to the mobs death. We warped up before raising me and we got White Magic restriction and Code Lamps! So, after all that I think our lesson is learned.

You see, they invented this thing called reraise lol.
 Fenrir.Minjo
By Fenrir.Minjo 2012-04-13 00:18:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Elanabelle said: »
Debating with Minjo is like swinging a baseball bat at a 6-foot-thick brick wall, Leonlionheart. Don't bother.

Interestingly enough, intelligent posters never seem to feel this way.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Rearden
user: Churchill
By Lakshmi.Rearden 2012-04-13 00:19:02
Link | Quote | Reply

You need to consider the source of that comment.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 ... 15 16 17