Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-02-02 18:16:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Josiahkf said: »
ugh lost my post due to hitting enter and it was locked, will try to retype the gist
; ;.... sorry

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Zangada
Server: Bahamut
user: zangada
By Bahamut.Zangada 2012-02-02 18:19:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Phenomena said: »
well guess we use this thread now =/.

Bahamut.Zangada said: »
Bismarck.Sylow said: »
Bahamut.Zangada said: »
Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
You're making some pretty heavy assumptions about the accessibility of future pet TH there.

I can only go by what theyre doing now. All bst pets have the job traits but this is the only one to get nerfed. How is a 99 THF pet with TH1 balanced?

How was a LV99 THF pet with all the TH a THF, almost 4x the HP of a normal player, that fights at the command of a player that's actually capable of doing a moderate amount of damage, balanced?

Last i checked THF can get at least TH10 which is greater then TH3 and for those who dont know BST is a SOLO job, we've always relied on pets for most things.

doesnt mean that you need TH.. sub thf and whack the mob... also smn and pup are solo jobs with pets. but they dont get TH atm. so stop complaining. you still have it. just atm less potent.

I have every right to complain, this is my main job and im forced to use jugs and food. They pretty much made charm obsolete so i have to spend money on them constantly. And yes i used the jugs for farming and no im not lvling THF but that may change.
 Cerberus.Ica
Server: Cerberus
user: Ica
By Cerberus.Ica 2012-02-02 18:20:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Sephrin said: »
I agree with Kalilla and I welcome this change.

Then again I'm biased since I just finished my Aegis. Nonetheless, won't hear me complaining when you have to go the extra mile to make your job better.

Wait a sec, did you do dynamis on your BST to get Aegis? Or another job?
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-02-02 18:21:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I personally leveled BST to do dynamis, but ended up doing DNC + THF.
 Quetzalcoatl.Khrnos
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: khrnos
By Quetzalcoatl.Khrnos 2012-02-02 18:23:06
Link | Quote | Reply

The possibility of having TH on other pets and they're gonna ease up on the ingredients for falcorr? That's gonna make him cheap.

And if they're trying to "balance" TH then why couldn't they had just fix it on thf? Like make higher tiers more potent or make increase THF's rate at increasing tiers.
By darthsnuggie 2012-02-02 18:27:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Not surprised at this point by anything TanakaFfxi does anymore. It is funny how these pets with TH3 have been around for more than a year in Dippers case and they only realize its an issue that needs to be solved.
 Cerberus.Vivik
user: Detroit
By Cerberus.Vivik 2012-02-02 18:28:20
Link | Quote | Reply

It's just an excuse for another time sink. Take away BST treasure hunter, then give it back through gear because they lack creativity. Either way. you're still gonna end up back in Dyna, on BST, with your newly gotten TH spoils doing the same thing that is being done now.
[+]
 Fenrir.Mtmoogle
Server: Fenrir
user: Bogamoga
By Fenrir.Mtmoogle 2012-02-02 18:35:07
Link | Quote | Reply

nooooooooooooooooooooooooo i just leveled bst D:
 Cerberus.Ica
By Cerberus.Ica 2012-02-02 18:38:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Admittedly, I'm a little butthurt cause, even though I have BST, THF and DNC all 99 (as well as a WHM alt), I LIKED going to dynamis on BST and farming. It was fun for me still. But then again, this is a job, not a game, so I'm not allowed to be on a job I enjoy while being productive.
[+]
By seyton 2012-02-02 18:39:30
Link | Quote | Reply

*** you, SE, *** you. They have always hated BST and what it represents.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-02-02 18:40:42
Link | Quote | Reply

seyton said: »

Whiny players? 'Cause that's about 75% of it. This barely changes anything for you.
[+]
 Leviathan.Phenomena
Server: Leviathan
user: Gawdless
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2012-02-02 18:41:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
seyton said: »

Whiny players?

Q,Q,QQ,QQQ,QQQQQ,QQQQQQQq,QQQQQQQQQQ... right?
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-02-02 18:43:18
Link | Quote | Reply

It's the argument they have brought up in the past, for instance the Relic augments.

You can have a pet with TH3, but to maintain balance it will have to be weaker than other damaging pets (regardless if the pet's job is THF or not). You're gaining too much for one single pet, and something will have to give to give other jugs a chance.

You can have a pet with TH1, because it is a THF, and keep the other benefits of the pet without nerfing it. Then you can enhance this effect even further with gear, and get back up to TH3 and possibly even further with rare, hard to get pieces. With this you loose equipment slots that could possibly enhance your pet further in favor of more TH, plus you can enhance TH on pets that didn't have TH before so you can still have it while using other jug pets other than THF ones.

I personally think #2 is more beneficial for players.
[+]
By loluded 2012-02-02 18:45:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm so happy :D that SE nerfing bst down. Well not exactly a 'nerf' just a small downgrade. :D which means LESS PERLE BSTS Awwee YEAH
[+]
 Siren.Delirium
user: Delirium
By Siren.Delirium 2012-02-02 18:45:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Quoted from the other thread:
Josiahkf
the point was the guy has th+1 gear on his blu so he has th2 when sets the spells. In that case he would have th3 as a blu/thf which would be superior than just blu, exactly how SE wanted it

Treasure Hunter II and Treasure Hunter I are two completely different traits. Using spells to set Treasure Hunter I and going /thf, which gives you Treasure Hunter I, does NOT give you Treasure Hunter II. Just like setting Double Attack and going /war doesn't give you a higher Double Attack rate. Traits from multiple sources of the same tier do NOT elevate the tier
 Valefor.Slore
Server: Valefor
user: Slore
By Valefor.Slore 2012-02-02 18:46:25
Link | Quote | Reply

So basically Dyna-Valk isnt gonna look like this? I used to farm on bst found i did better dnc/00
[+]
 Asura.Ludoggy
Server: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2012-02-02 18:46:49
Link | Quote | Reply

It'll still look the same.
 Cerberus.Ica
By Cerberus.Ica 2012-02-02 18:48:01
Link | Quote | Reply

loluded said: »
LESS PERLE BSTS Awwee YEAH

More pink THFs!
 Leviathan.Phenomena
Server: Leviathan
user: Gawdless
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2012-02-02 18:48:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Delirium said: »
Josiahkf
the point was the guy has th+1 gear on his blu so he has th2 when sets the spells. In that case he would have th3 as a blu/thf which would be superior than just blu, exactly how SE wanted it

Treasure Hunter II and Treasure Hunter I are two completely different traits. Using spells to set Treasure Hunter I and going /thf, which gives you Treasure Hunter I, does NOT give you Treasure Hunter II. Just like setting Double Attack and going /war doesn't give you a higher Double Attack rate. Traits from multiple sources of the same tier do NOT elevate the tier

THF gets TH2 at 45 thus subbing thf would give you TH2 and no that doesnt go up to TH3 with blu trait. blu/thf is TH2
 Siren.Delirium
By Siren.Delirium 2012-02-02 18:52:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Josiahkf

THF gets TH2 at 45 thus subbing thf would give you TH2 and no that doesnt go up to TH3 with blu trait. blu/thf is TH2

I knew i screwed up something in my post LOL, but the main point was overlapping traits of the same tier don't elevate the tier. Even though I was off by a tier with /thf.
 Cerberus.Denaub
user: Denaub
By Cerberus.Denaub 2012-02-02 18:53:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Long as this Pet: TH gear is equipable by smn and pup, sounds good to me. Least on cerberus server bsts are flipping everywhere like vermin gets annoying.
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-02-02 18:54:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Josiahkf

I knew i screwed up something in my post LOL, but the main point was overlapping traits of the same tier don't elevate the tier. Even though I was off by a tier with /thf.
You weren't wrong, you just probably had a moment of level 75 syndrome.
 Bismarck.Sylow
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-02-02 18:55:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Josiahkf

Tarutaru Sash.
[+]
 Siren.Delirium
By Siren.Delirium 2012-02-02 18:55:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kalilla said: »
Josiahkf

You weren't wrong, you just probably had a moment of level 75 syndrome.

yes this!

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-02-02 18:57:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I forgot about the lil sash, so it would be TH3
 Siren.Delirium
By Siren.Delirium 2012-02-02 19:02:57
Link | Quote | Reply

you're missing the point. blue mage with a waist augment of TH+1 works with any form of TH freely. so if it's a blu/war setting TH1 they would have TH2

if it's a blu/thf setting no spells the waist would give them th3 in total. so subbing thf gives more than blue mage could do alone which is what se stated they desired

Oh I get what you're saying now, but this is a perfect example to all the qqbsts out there right now. Follow the hierarchy that SE wants to maintain for TH. It is that simple. You guys are getting a very minor adjustment to an effect that you don't have naturally anyway AND they're even keeping your pets at the same strength they're currently at.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-02-02 19:03:58
Link | Quote | Reply

you're missing the point. blue mage with a waist augment of TH+1 works with any form of TH freely. so if it's a blu/war setting TH1 they would have TH2

if it's a blu/thf setting no spells the waist would give them th3 in total. so subbing thf gives more than blue mage could do alone which is what se stated they desired

Oh I get what you're saying now, but this is a perfect example to all the qqbsts out there right now. Follow the hierarchy that SE wants to maintain for TH. It is that simple. You guys are getting a very minor adjustment to an effect that you don't have naturally anyway AND they're even keeping your pets at the same strength they're currently at.
Plus if they make gear difficult enough to obtain they could even surpass the TH they had before.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11